Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Did all the events in your life, no matter how small, have a purpose?

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

:salam:

When you recall all the events in your life, do they all seem to have a purpose? Do they all seem to thwart you in a direction that takes you towards God?

If I am honest, it does not seem that all the events, injuries, experiences in my life had a purpose. It he standard response is that I have the pixel and God has the picture.

:ws:

• Basic Members

I strongly believe they are all connected (the events in one's life) and that together they all make sense and are leading us towards our final destination.

I think reason why we don't have access to their meanings or so is because it's a test of loyalty of sorts between Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and us. Maybe He wants to see who will remain loyal and submissive despite not knowing "how" exactly do the dots connect. How many of mankind does not bow down bc they cannot see Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)? Few are the ones who do so despite not seeing their Lord with their eyes. It's the same thing I guess behind not seeing the logic behind our life events. Just trust your Lord :) /|\ JazakAllah khayr for raising this question.

• Advanced Member
5 hours ago, 313_Waiter said:

it does not seem that all the events, injuries, experiences in my life had a purpose.

All events does not have a purpose ?

My ideas about myself change from day to day and from moment to moment. All the events small or big makes me a person i am now, my personality is the most changeful thing i have. It is utterly vulnerable, at the mercy of a passer by. A bereavement, the loss of a job, an insult, and your image of yourself, which you call your person, changes deeply.

• Advanced Member

I tend not to think about it too much. Our death, the way we die and when are already predeicded by god. Since most of the events of our life influence how when and where we are gonna die, it means everything we do, incld me typing this and you reading my comment is already pre written. It basically takes out any reason for us to be alive or in the world taking part in its trials since we are just programmed robots. Even science agrees with this thought, as the equations of physics have the power to peer both into the past and future. 

Or maybe this conclusion is false and we are too stupid to understand how and in what parts of our life free will works

• Advanced Member
19 hours ago, 313_Waiter said:

When you recall all the events in your life, do they all seem to have a purpose? Do they all seem to thwart you in a direction that takes you towards God?

If I am honest, it does not seem that all the events, injuries, experiences in my life had a purpose. It he standard response is that I have the pixel and God has the picture.

Depends on the orientation:

Verse 13:11

Verse 17:18-19

Verse 92:5-10

Our soul takes up an orientation. This orientation is indicated through our actions and intent, not just intent. Then, what happens next is all linked to make us reach that point.

Guest GuestTester
On 1/18/2021 at 11:55 PM, 313_Waiter said:

Well if we believe God is the controller of everything then yeah every single thing has a meaning and is presented to you 

I mean best example I can think of is how often u have moments in life that repeat themselves either same pattern or same events to scary amount of precision 

• Advanced Member

Every event experienced is an experience. And in every experience there arises the experiencer of it. Memory creates the illusion of continuity. In reality each experience has its own experiencer and the sense of identity is due to the common factor at the root of all experiencer -experience relations. Identity and continuity are not the same. Just as each flower has its own colour, but all colours are caused by the same light, so do many experiences appear in the undivided and indivisible awareness, each separate in memory, identical in essence. This essence is the root, the foundation, the timeless and spaceless 'possibility' of all experience.  

• Veteran Member

About 50 years ago now, and was telling my ex 20 ago, l was going somewhere and got not too far from home, about 2 miles, when my clutch went out. Took me 3 hours to get back home and the next day l got it found and fixed the next afternoon. So it was way too late to go. The link was out of proper connection as only-if a hammer was taken-to it. lt took a hammer to knot it back into place. Never before or after did l have this problem. When l told mechanics about the linkage, all said they never saw or heard that before -except in a car badly wrecked.

So, l was protected from whatever was ahead of me if l made the trip, inshallah.