Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Should I get back to practicing?

Rate this topic

Guest Whatever

What the title says.

I can't recall how long it's been since I stopped. I've thought about starting fresh this year, but I can't get myself back into it. I don't really feel like there's a reason at this point.

• Advanced Member

You should always get back to practicing. Remember, things like salah and dhikr are for your benefit. They’re honestly a form of self care.

Now, like any habit, they can be hard to be consistent with. Don’t fret if you mess up, ask for forgiveness and move forward. You’d feel better for it 

• Advanced Member
On 1/15/2021 at 10:50 PM, Meedy said:

Can you be a bit more specific? Practicing what?

Hey isn't practicing an interesting word?

• We do it to get better at something (playing the piano - doing a sport)
  • Doctors/actors do it because it's their job (I'm a practicing actor)
  • It is something we do regularly

Does religion fit this?  Maybe if it is just a set of actions.  We can get better at doing the actions of prayer or remembering the right words at the right time.  It could even be seen as a job - something we do every day whether we want to or not.

But what about faith?  Can we practice faith?  If we hope to increase our faith in God and our trust in him what do we need to do?  Is it just a set of actions?

I follow Jesus the Messiah and I would hesitate to use the word practice for my life of faith.  I walk with God seeking to get to know him better.  I have a relationship with Jesus the Messiah which grows and develops all the time.  Can we call a living loving intimate friendship "practicing"?  (I'm practicing with my wife???!!!)

I'd answer the OP with "No don't start practicing.  Start a relationship with God through Jesus the Messiah in the power of the Holy Holy Spirit"

• Veteran Member
On 1/15/2021 at 9:08 PM, Guest Whatever said:

I don't really feel like there's a reason at this point.

Salaam brother, 

NEVER say something like this^. This is what shaitan literally encourages us to do.

On 1/15/2021 at 9:08 PM, Guest Whatever said:

but I can't get myself back into it.

It’s okay brother. Start small. One step at a time.