Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Ibn Arabi and the concept of Khatm ul Awliya

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, MexicanVato said:

@313_Waiter I am thinking of doing some of these courses:

https://sekaleshfar.com/courses/

I wanted to do the asma al husna course but it was a bit expensive. Anyway I think it’s an investment of knowledge so I may do it on my uni holidays.

37 minutes ago, Zainuu said:

So, I just read the pdfs.

Yes a lot of pdfs and epubs  can be found on al-Islam.org. They have both Adab us salah and forty hadith.

Edited by 313_Waiter
  • Advanced Member

Another interesting teaching from 'Knowing the Imams Volume 5 (Guardian Ship: Monotheism and Guardianship-Exegesis of the Verse on Guardianship) by Allamah Sayyid Muhammad Husayn Tihrani (Radiallahu anhu):

Before long, a believer turns to his real beloved and finds his Creator, knows Him, and above all, believes that everything is in and with God. When this happens, worship will be on target, because until such a time as worship is instinctive and presential, it is just cosmetic and not true worship of the object of worship, because the believer's object of worship is just a limited mental, theoretical image. What that image is of is also externally (fi al-kharij) imaginary and limited and not the true object of worship and the intended goal, but instead something else. 

In truth, this kind of worship should be unacceptable to God, the Exalted Real. However, because of His Generosity and Mercy He accepts it. As He says:

"..and were it not for God's grace and Mercy upon you, not one of you would have ever been pure" (24:21)

Therefore, gnostics and those closest to Him never worship Him via mental images of Him. Instead, they exclusively worship the true essence of their Lord-they call God presentially, without seeing, but feeling Him:

"God is free of what they ascribe, save God's protege servants" (37:159-160).

The only way to reach this goal is to open the heart to remembrance of God all the time. As He says:

"..then remember God as you remember your fathers or with a more lively remembrance." (2:200).

There are levels of presential knowledge and gnosis, with each of which comes its own level of knowledge. The first presential knowledge of Unity, and self-annihilation in it; the second is presential knowledge of the Unity of the Names and self-annihilation in it; however, the third level is presential knowledge of the Unity of the Essence and self-annihilation in the Real's Holy Essence.

Only someone who has reached all three levels can attain perfection. In other words, one must achieve all three levels of self-annihilation and pass through all three stages on the journey towards God to achieve true Monotheism. 

• Veteran Member

This site has a lot of info on Sh. Ibn Arabi - also has courses for those interested. I'd suggest that, those interested in Ibn Arabi, to read or take courses about him to do so while also reading the hadiths of the Imams (عليه السلام) on whatever topic that Ibn Arabi is covering. I think reading him in this way can be much more illuminating - and you'll be able to appreciate how much of Ibn Arabi is already contained in the teachings of the Imams (عليه السلام)... 

https://ibnarabisociety.org

See also this article by Rebecca Masterton 

https://www.academia.edu/10377192/Article_A_Comparative_Exploration_of_the_Authority_of_the_Awliya_in_the_Shii_and_Sufi_Traditions

• Advanced Member
On 5/4/2021 at 4:25 PM, MexicanVato said:

Only someone who has reached all three levels can attain perfection. In other words, one must achieve all three levels of self-annihilation and pass through all three stages on the journey towards God to achieve true Monotheism.

Salaam,

I wonder what this looks like in real terms? Like, what does a persons life who has achieved even one level of this look like to a third party? Is their life obviously different in appearance to everyone elses? Or do they appear as everyone else does?

My question  is probably not very clear..its hard for me to imagine someone who is, say, married with 3 children, a full time job and all the other stressors and time constraints that come with "the typical life" being able to ascend in the spiritual sense ti the greater levels. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, MexicanVato said:

Allah Is Not A God

Let’s consult our conscience and have a think…

Is the god in whom we have either believed or not believed, but in any case of whom we have been conditioned to think in a particular way, the same as the Allah that Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) disclosed?

Can the word or concept god even be applied to the Allah disclosed by Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)?

“And they did not duly appreciate Allah...” (Quran 6:91)

The place of god in the sight of Allah is the same as that of a servant! For, both are forms of meanings in Allah’s knowledge.

For this reason, everything in the sight of Allah is non-existent. The Eternal One (Baqi) is only wajhullah (face of Allah), i.e. that which pertains to Allah.

“...Everything (in respect of its ‘thing’ness) is inexistent, only the face of HU (only that which pertains to the Absolute Reality) exists!..” (Quran 28:88)

Every thing in terms of its thingness is inexistent. Only the aspect that pertains to HU exists!

Wa yabka wajhu Rabbika Dhul Jalali Wal iqram

Baqi (eternal, without being subject to the concept of time) is the face (the absolute reality) of your Rabb (the meanings of the Names comprising your essence), the Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram.” (Quran 55:27)

Only the meanings of the Names pertaining to Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram[1] are eternal.

Fa aynama tuwallu fasamma wajhullah

“So wherever you turn, there is the

(you are face to face with the manifestation of Allah’s Names).” (Quran 2:115)

Wherever you look, you are face to face with the manifestations of the Names of Allah.

The word face (wajh in Arabic) can be used to denote more than one meaning.

If one was to say ‘You will see the wajh of Muhammad’ clearly this is referring to Muhammad’s (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) face. But when wajh is used in the Quran, it denotes another meaning. Though I had explained this in detail in other books, I would like to make a quick note here also.

The verse: “Everything will perish, save the face of HUshould not be taken as a day, in terms of earthly time, will come when everything will be destroyed… In the absolute doomsday, yes, this will come to pass. However, right now, we are concerned more about what it means to us in our present moment.

To perish is an act that is applicable to all times, including this very moment. According to the enlightened ones, this is observed constantly, evident by the verse “So wherever you turn, there is the face of Allah.

The secret here is: Due to the lack of insight, many are not able to observe the face of Allah, who comprises the essence of every form of existence.

Indeed, wherever you turn with your insight and consciousness you can observe the face of the Divine, as He is Eternal and Omnipresent!

That is, Allah is eternally present yesterday, today, tomorrow and forever!

The biggest veil for the divine face is the label or name that is given to a particular thing. This label becomes a veil to the meaning of the face. The existence behind the veil and the meanings that constitute it obtains its existence from the meanings of Allah’s Names.

The title is misleading. I wonder what was the real teaching of Prophet Muhammad (saws) about face of God. Did he attribute God to have face or does face here means something similar to how Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) says in Qur'an My Spirit, My House etc. In Shia Islam, Face of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) does exactly mean this, that His Religion, Prophets, Imams and even Mu'mins are all Face of Allah that shall never perish and will be forever with God.

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, PureExistence1 said:

Salaam,

I wonder what this looks like in real terms? Like, what does a persons life who has achieved even one level of this look like to a third party? Is their life obviously different in appearance to everyone elses? Or do they appear as everyone else does?

My question  is probably not very clear..its hard for me to imagine someone who is, say, married with 3 children, a full time job and all the other stressors and time constraints that come with "the typical life" being able to ascend in the spiritual sense ti the greater levels. 

It will look like you are living normal life with all other people around you expect that you see through the heart the realities (different state of truth) that most people don't see. Of course there could be all sort of miracles that your vision may witness, but miracles are usually barrier for many.

• Veteran Member
42 minutes ago, Abu Nur said:

I wonder what was the real teaching of Prophet Muhammad (saws) about face of God.

Salaam I made a post with different tafasir and hadiths about Face of Allah ((سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)):

• Advanced Member
21 hours ago, 313_Waiter said:

Salam no I haven’t. Is it a good book?

That book speaks about wahdat al-wujud. He doesn't hide his views, he makes them apparent. I like some of his works, although I did read a weird section about some fire beings that live on the sun lol. Perhaps I just missed the context, but it left me scratching my head. The author doesn't belong to a tariqa, but he takes great influence from ibn arabi (Radiallahu anhu) and other Sufis. He believes La illaha illallah is negation of any existence/deity EXCEPT ALLAH. So Allah is the only true reality. 

• Veteran Member
4 hours ago, MexicanVato said:

22:20 shows the orthodox view of wahdat al-wujud:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PplR0Tz3Le4

Yes watched this lecture. Husain Makke is great MashaAllah. he was working on a project about a documentary on the purpose of life with various people like Jordan Peterson, Russel Brand, Hossein Nasr in it.

• Advanced Member
5 minutes ago, 313_Waiter said:

Yes watched this lecture. Husain Makke is great MashaAllah. he was working on a project about a documentary on the purpose of life with various people like Jordan Peterson, Russel Brand, Hossein Nasr in it.

Intriguing akhi. I am looking forward to watching it. I decided to order books on amazon while fasting after 10 hours of work and gym. Supposedly I got a lot of Sufi books being delivered Thursday lol. I am too embarrassed to ask for a refund, so hopefully they are useful to me. 

• Advanced Member

@313_Waiter akhi what do you think of this excerpt from: ‘The Power of Prayer: Channeling Brain Waves Through Dhikr by Ahmed Hulusi (hafidullah).

Man, in respect to his essence, has been created with the attributes of Allah and subsists with the existence in HIm.

Man is alive because of the Hayy quality of Allah and has knowledge because of the Aleem quality of Allah. Man is able to put things into action with the quality of will deriving from Allah’s name Mureed. Thus, to the extent to which man is able to manifest the meanings of these Names, which are all present within his being, is the extent to which he will be able to attain his desires and be safe from his fears.

But what is prayer?

Is it a request made to a God far away?

Or is it to request the expression of the power of Allah, with which you exist and which is present in every cell of your being? 

Prayer is no more than a technique to manifest the divine power within you!

Thus, when man is able to pray with full concentration and focus, he can reach and accomplish many seemingly impossible things.

• Veteran Member
3 hours ago, MexicanVato said:

@313_Waiter akhi what do you think of this excerpt from: ‘The Power of Prayer: Channeling Brain Waves Through Dhikr by Ahmed Hulusi (hafidullah).

Man, in respect to his essence, has been created with the attributes of Allah and subsists with the existence in HIm.

Man is alive because of the Hayy quality of Allah and has knowledge because of the Aleem quality of Allah. Man is able to put things into action with the quality of will deriving from Allah’s name Mureed. Thus, to the extent to which man is able to manifest the meanings of these Names, which are all present within his being, is the extent to which he will be able to attain his desires and be safe from his fears.

But what is prayer?

Is it a request made to a God far away?

Or is it to request the expression of the power of Allah, with which you exist and which is present in every cell of your being? 

Prayer is no more than a technique to manifest the divine power within you!

Thus, when man is able to pray with full concentration and focus, he can reach and accomplish many seemingly impossible things.

Salaam bro it makes sense to me. 

On 5/9/2021 at 10:58 AM, PureExistence1 said:

Salaam,

Their body is in this world but their heart soul mind is in barzakh or further 

furthermore things in normal life get assisted by angels so they don’t have to think about things they’re constantly guided even with little things in life like when to turn how early to go and what to eat what to say how to speak even what to feel, actually makes normal life easier and absolutely guided so u don’t have to think about it or process it 

Edited by theEndIsNear
  • Moderators
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, theEndIsNear said:

furthermore things in normal life get assisted by angels so they don’t have to think about things they’re constantly guided even with little things in life like when to turn how early to go and what to eat what to say how to speak even what to feel, actually makes normal life easier and absolutely guided so u don’t have to think about it or process it 

Does it mean they see the realities of barzak etc?

Edited by Abu Nur
  • Veteran Member
14 hours ago, theEndIsNear said:

Salam is there any hadiths about this?

• Veteran Member
4 hours ago, 313_Waiter said:

Salam is there any hadiths about this?

bismillah.gif
وَالَّذِينَ جَاهَدُوا فِينَا لَنَهْدِيَنَّهُمْ سُبُلَنَا ۚ وَإِنَّ اللَّهَ لَمَعَ الْمُحْسِنِينَ {69}

[Shakir 29:69] And (as for) those who strive hard for Us, We will most certainly guide them in Our ways; and Allah is most surely with the doers of good.

i believe when Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) put someone jn His Ways, then the rest  of his worldly affairs will be taken care off according to Allah's (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) wills.

On 5/18/2021 at 12:44 PM, Abu Nur said:

Does it mean they see the realities of barzak etc?

They see the work of angels , their effects , they see their speech in dreams and visions , they see the future and past, the punishment of hell is shown the rewards oh heaven is shown, they see the noor of God the light in prayers and times of connections to God through actions, they even get smell sensitive, in fact the first thing which get sharpened is the sense of smell

as the veils get lifted some temporary some permanent more is shown in order to lift faith and to test the believers to achieve higher stations 

the stations are 

Muslim , sins does the basic , faith might not have entered heart at all and religion could be completely on the tounge and ritual many muslims and people in this state and never go past it , majority of all ummah since prophet Muhammad before and till judgement day

Less than half of all muslims population achieve this state  ;  believer state, sins minimise and start to approach little to none, faith entered heart , prayers become tasteful and desired, world and worldly things like food sex etc become undesirable wealth isnt interesting, even things like children become second to God and person seeks God, faith is unshakable and firm in heart to the point that death isn’t a fear anymore ,revelation to heart  begins  here ,of knowledge and guidance  , next stations are shown but not achieved yet like signs become visible 

10%-5% Very high station very few achieve true Mu’mineen state best state and must die only in this state, even believers state in death doesn’t guarantee freedom from barzakh pain Torture and even possibly hell temporary or extremely long time in hell, this state makhrooh is haram , mustahab is compulsory ie salat layl , this is state of company of imams and intercession of imams, love of God is permanent in heart , all forms of shirk is out of heart including polytheism , nafs is completely dead and under control of person, visions and direct guidance from angels all the time, miracles become possible for person and highest state of heaven possible, barzakh is easy, hell is locked , judgement day will be easy ,  sins at this point result in severe consequences ,this is the state of Covenant can’t make mistakes here harder to achieve forgiveness here and usually punishment must occur first like yunus (عليه السلام) , state of some prophets, revelation to heart becomes the mind, heart body and soul are one , total respect among people where God honours a person in this state ie ayatollah bahjat and other special people in time , these people are the smallest group of people that came from Adam (عليه السلام) they are the 5%-1% of all creation the elite special people,  Their dua is very powerfull, can talk to angels and get direct response through angels , their dua can change nations can affect everything around them can even affect future generations, can move things in the world with a dua can get access to be conscious of everything including other people’s state of soul and mind ie if a person sins they can smell the stink of hell in that person, or other people sins and state of soul manifest themselves to the person in their mind or are even just presented by angels , people’s thought and mind are visible , this state is difficult to achieve in Hadith al qudsi from imam Ali God describes these people like this “their sleep becomes prayer and their food becomes hunger” meaning they fast during the day and at night they stay up worshiping, this isn’t easy to achieve , takes work effort and also going though the station to achieve help from angels as purity becomes achieved and then power and strength is given to be able to tolerate such a life, also takes time to achieve, cant do it just cause u want to do it, u must be steadfast patients sacrifice dunya and be consistent not straying away, and probably starts from teen years to work towards it and probably by 30-40s achieve this state, can’t do it overnight requires certain dedication, most of the 313 in imam Mahdi army will be from this group , they start to see the fabric of the universe and to be able to manipulate it by God’s permission 

state above that which isn’t achievable but handpicked and trained by God:

imamah and some prophets state above Mu’mineen ie khalifatullah khidr etc , this probably unachievable unless God picks u for it and starts from early age like prophets and imams and other special people That GOD HANDPICKED and guided from young age and protected from evil and always was in communication and guidance with them and trained them from young ,usually sinless all their life , angels guided them with clear visions from birth , consciousness and full mental capacity from young age , full intelligence from young age with revelation always from young age 

ahlul bayt imam level highest 

good luck

Edited by theEndIsNear