Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

lMPEACHMENT: For or Against

Rate this topic

lMPEACHMENT: For or Against  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Are you For or Against the January 13th lmpeachment of Donald J. Trump

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

• Forum Administrators
11 hours ago, Laayla said:

Send him and W. Bush to Iraq so they can be prosecuted.

Clearly Bush is a war criminal, but we should respect him for having realised that he made a mistake and essentially he was duped. His reclusiveness since he was in power and lack of comment shows, in my opinion, that he knows what he did was wrong.

Bush's behaviour is in contrast to Tony Blair who was one of the architects of the war and who ever since has tried to execute the aims of the war by other means.

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

Clearly Bush is a war criminal, but we should respect him for having realised that he made a mistake and essentially he was duped. His reclusiveness since he was in power and lack of comment shows, in my opinion, that he knows what he did was wrong.

Bush's behaviour is in contrast to Tony Blair who was one of the architects of the war and who ever since has tried to execute the aims of the war by other means.

This is an interesting and sensible perspective that I've never heard before today. Thanks. 

• Moderators

Impeachment proceedings should have been started on the day of the coup attempt. 

But they'll make no difference in the long run. Trump will be prosecuted regardless. He's going to leave the country. Hopefully he will go somewhere that will extradite. 

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Haji 2003 said:

Bismehe Ta3ala 

Assalam Alikum 

Do you beleive Cheney and Rumsfield were the architect of the war?  

No, brother he doesn't have my respect.  He deserves dirty shoes covered in feces to be thrown at him.  Thousands of people killed, resulting in orphans and widowers suffering from his Shock and Awe war.

If he knows what he did was wrong, what has he done to compensate the Iraqi people?  Does he give speech tours advocating anti-war?  Has he given the multi-millions of dollars he has in his bank account, to go towards rebuilding Iraq and educating the people?  

Words and thoughts are cheap, repentance comes with action.

Decades of war have pounded the Middle East and millions of people suffer from the US Empire's foreign policy.  We are not going to get justice by the international courts nor UN.  As it is laylatul jouma, God hasten the appearance of Imam Mahdi. 

Innahum yarounahou b3eedan wa narahou qarabeen be rahmatika ya arham al raheemen.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN ALLAH 

• Forum Administrators
2 hours ago, Laayla said:

Do you beleive Cheney and Rumsfield were the architect of the war? 

Them and a whole gang of others including Wolfowitz. These people were driven by a mixture of ideology, religious fervour and Zionism.

As for Powell and Condi Rice, I don't think they had any of the latter. They were useful idiots, who were so grateful for having been admitted into the echelons of white power that they went along with the scheme to further their careers.

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Haji 2003 said:

Them and a whole gang of others including Wolfowitz. These people were driven by a mixture of ideology, religious fervour and Zionism.

As for Powell and Condi Rice, I don't think they had any of the latter. They were useful idiots, who were so grateful for having been admitted into the echelons of white power that they went along with the scheme to further their careers.

Powell recently said he is no longer Republican. 1:20

Maybe Biden will hire him for a position.

• Forum Administrators
2 hours ago, hasanhh said:

S.C isn't voting very much.

True. Only 5 members have voted.

More people visit ShiaChat on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Wait for it. :) 

• Advanced Member
18 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

Don't care he should suffer for centuries long. Him, his administration, his father, grandfather and all his army and skullandbones buddies.

Guest oh kay
On 1/15/2021 at 8:45 AM, Berber-Shia said:

Don't care he should suffer for centuries long. Him, his administration, his father, grandfather and all his army and skullandbones buddies.

Tell us how you really feel. :hahaha:

• Veteran Member

The third option should have been "don't care". He was also democratically elected so his nation is behind him and party to all his decisions, and the best governmental system, democracy, is the tree from which this and other fruits came. Of course we won't mess with those but I just want to illuminate the whole picture.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, The Green Knight said:

He was also democratically elected so his nation is behind him and party to all his decisions, and the best governmental system, democracy, is the tree from which this and other fruits came.

Oligarchy, not democracy. Oligarchy is the system that selected Trump. The United States pretends to be a democracy, but really isn't. Money rules, not the people. 

We should change this. But not in the way Trump's minions attempted - completely differently. 

• Veteran Member
10 hours ago, The Green Knight said:

so his nation is behind him and party to all his decisions

This is not a rational argument. He was actually voted in by a minority and even if he was voted in by a majority in 2016, it doesn't mean the nation is still behind him at this point.

@hasanhh You liked an irrational post?

• Veteran Member
42 minutes ago, notme said:

Oligarchy is the system that selected Trump.

The oligarcals were/are against him. Bloomberg, Mort Zuckerman (but when Trump was elected he supported him), and in contrast, Rupert Murdoch supported Trump (until recently) ...and that is the split in the media.

Edited by hasanhh
clarification
  • Veteran Member
44 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

The oligarcals were/are against him. Bloomberg, Mort Zuckerman (but when Trump was elected he supported him), and in contrast, Rupert Murdoch supported Trump (until recently) ...and that is the split in the media.

So you spell Murdcoh's name correctly? And Trump always gets a correct spelling? Why?

BTW with all my anti-Trumps posts, I must clarify that I don't like the Democrats at all. I am just perplexed by Muslims on this forum that like Trump. It deserves studying. 

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Muhammed Ali said:

So you spell Murdcoh's name correctly? And Trump always gets a correct spelling? Why? lt goes back to 3rd grade having low grades in spelin'. lt is a hearing impediment called auditory discrimination.

. . . I am just perplexed by Muslims on this forum that like Trump. It deserves studying. Yes, study and you will be converted.

There is also a political component to deliberate mispellings. Today, in the last hour --no, not the biblical one -l hope-- we have President "Uncle Joe" Baden and Vice-Prez Comrade Kamal ah-Harris.

:D "lf your stomach is upset by this, then there is Alka-Seltzer and Pepto-Bismol. lf you are rabinous, then . . ."

Word Wars --Disidents of the World Unite

• Veteran Member
28 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

There is also a political component to deliberate mispellings.

Of course there is (it is perhaps the only component) and it's not a good thing. When there is evil on both sides and you are selective in your name calling, there is something wrong with your soul. Seriously. 

Edited by Muhammed Ali
  • Veteran Member

Just want to add that the way they have been desperate to shove this mass murderer into the presidential seat, it does not bode well for the world not just USA. His is going to be a particularly blood splattering time, mark my words. (Of course he will do it with the best of manners and with "respect" unlike Trump lol)

• Moderators
4 hours ago, hasanhh said:

I group all the billionaires and billionaire corporations as oligarchs. Without money to brainwash the public and threaten the other candidates, Trump wouldn't have been elected in 2016. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, The Green Knight said:

Just want to add that the way they have been desperate to shove this mass murderer into the presidential seat, it does not bode well for the world not just USA. His is going to be a particularly blood splattering time, mark my words. (Of course he will do it with the best of manners and with "respect" unlike Trump lol)

My expectations for Biden are low. He's an establishment "moderate" (ie right wing) and he's owned by lobbyist groups including the various war contractors, but I hope to be proven wrong. Maybe he's seen that if the people come together, they don't stand a chance, and the people are really close to coming together. 

• Advanced Member

Interesting perspective from January ‘19:

Switching to U.S. President Donald Trump’s withdrawal announcement last month, Nasrallah told Al-Mayadeen that he believes the American President is genuine in his decision to bring back the troops.

” I believe Trump is genuine in his desire to withdraw troops from Syria; this was one of his electoral promises,” Nasallah continued.

Nasrallah said that there were talks between the U.S. and Russia to get Iran and Hezbollah to leave Syria in exchange for the U.S.’ withdrawal.

However, Nasrallah said the Russians did not pressure Iran or Hezbollah to do so.

He would conclude the conversation on Syria by calling Netanyahu the biggest loser because he was not able to achieve his desired goals.

Source