Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Does anyone else get anxiety about running out of time?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam everyone 

Lately I've been really busy with some personal issues and depressive. It's just I feel I can't achieve my goals on time. I feel my Time is running out... when I look at the clock...and just after some time I look at again ...it seems like a second but honestly it's like three hours ago 

The thought that I am falling behind and there is no way I can catch up, creates a gut-clutch of anxiety that leaves me feeling panicky. And separate. If I believe I am ‘behind’ someone else, I feel that awkward discomfort of icky comparison. I feel bad and I don't know how to deal with this kind of feeling.

I think I'm useless and not productive enough.... I feel disoriented and sometimes I think there is no purpose of my life... random thoughts 

How do deal with this?

• Advanced Member

Are you talking about making it to heaven, or personal material ambitions in this life? 

Even if it's both, having anxiety over it shows that you don't have as much faith in God as you should. Just enjoy the moment, do what you can for a better tomorrow, but leave the details with Him, because it's always with Him. 

I always say to myself: "If you live to 70, alhamdulilah, if you only have an hour left to live, alhamdulilah." 

Allah! There is no god ˹worthy of worship˺ except Him, the Ever-Living, All-Sustaining. Neither drowsiness nor sleep overtakes Him. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who could possibly intercede with Him without His permission? He ˹fully˺ knows what is ahead of them and what is behind them, but no one can grasp any of His knowledge—except what He wills ˹to reveal˺. His Seat1 encompasses the heavens and the earth, and the preservation of both does not tire Him. For He is the Most High, the Greatest. [Ayatul Kursi]

Edited by BleedKnee
  • Advanced Member

If you are here, Allah has a purpose for placing you here. You are no accident.

Your time is going how Allah willed it to be. Relax. Whatever is coming is coming to you. You running towards it or running away from it will not stop you from reaching it.

Take a deep breath and know that Allah has something for you and it will come sooner or later. 

• Advanced Member

i have seeen way to many people having same problem and toughts.. ( i also have them sometimes) 

but it is actually that time flies and the world is crap around us..

dont worry you arent the only one with such tought.. trust me

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Ain-Al Hayat said:

Salam everyone 

Lately I've been really busy with some personal issues and depressive. It's just I feel I can't achieve my goals on time. I feel my Time is running out... when I look at the clock...and just after some time I look at again ...it seems like a second but honestly it's like three hours ago 

The thought that I am falling behind and there is no way I can catch up, creates a gut-clutch of anxiety that leaves me feeling panicky. And separate. If I believe I am ‘behind’ someone else, I feel that awkward discomfort of icky comparison. I feel bad and I don't know how to deal with this kind of feeling.

I think I'm useless and not productive enough.... I feel disoriented and sometimes I think there is no purpose of my life... random thoughts 

How do deal with this?

Salaam,

I actually can challenge about this to anyone who reads this post that he/she will agree. Everyone suffers with the crisis of time.

The only solution is 'Planning'.

As Imam as Sadiq (عليه السلام) says planning is a part faith. 

I would give you a few advices and I am sure they will work:

1. Always be thankful to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). You will literally feel positive vibes passing your mind when you will take this attitude.

2. Reliance. Rely on Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and no one else in your life. I see many people who are very worried and watchful about almost everything. Time is so bad that a brother can'ur trust a brother. Let me tell you, this is a crisis. Trust Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and not people. So, if you are trapped in a situation where you might have to take a decision, go for one of the choices according to what your logic says, leave rest to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and relax.

3. Taqwa. Obedience of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). In general terms, discipline. Always stay god-conscious and disciplined. As I said, plan things. You will feel that your life is gaining order when you will practicEd taqwa, I am surEd about it. I am weak myself but even 2 days of discipline are like the best days if my life. 

4. Seeking forgiveness. At the end of each day, while sleeping, assess yourself. What bad you did in the entire day. By Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), if we take this task seriously, are sins will reduce, we will be able to strengthen our weak points.

So, follow the above four inshallah, this will be enough for you. 

If you have questions, do ask.

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) bless you and strengthen you.

• Advanced Member

I feel something similar to this, and what helped me was writing and organizing my goals and ambitions. Then I categorized them by when I can get around to doing them. So something on my "You can do this" category is set up a simple fundraiser at my mosque. Then the next category is "Could happen in a couple years," then "Not anytime soon," and the last category is "Are you kidding me" and it has extreme goals like building a school. 

And I don't feel the same anxiety anymore because God rewards us based on our intentions, if you died now then you'd get the reward all the same. As long as you truly did intend on accomplishing your goals and were going to do whatever it took. Probably I'm not going to accomplish half the things I set out to do, in that case it would be a mercy if I died before I could fail.

Edited by guest 2025
  • Advanced Member
9 hours ago, Ain-Al Hayat said:

Salam everyone 

How do deal with this?

XNVQC2f.jpg

• Advanced Member
23 hours ago, BleedKnee said:

having anxiety over it shows that you don't have as much faith in God as you should.

I have faith in God ..but how much I should have .. I'm not aware of it .. I don't know how you measure this:(

14 hours ago, guest 2025 said:

what helped me was writing and organizing my goals and ambitions. Then I categorized them by when I can get around to doing them. So something on my "You can do this" category is set up a simple fundraiser at my mosque. Then the next category is "Could happen in a couple years," then "Not anytime soon," and the last category is "Are you kidding me" and it has extreme goals like building a school. 

Thanks for the nice advice.. I will surely try this out:)

22 hours ago, Zainuu said:

So, follow the above four inshallah, this will be enough for you. 

If you have questions, do ask.

I try my best ...but still there is something which really upsets me.. I don't know what..and it makes me feel I'll not get anything on time

But thanks for your concern

I appreciate everyone's contribution to this thread

Thanks

• Advanced Member
6 minutes ago, Ain-Al Hayat said:

I have faith in God ..but how much I should have .. I'm not aware of it .. I don't know how you measure this:(

Thanks for the nice advice.. I will surely try this out:)

I try my best ...but still there is something which really upsets me.. I don't know what..and it makes me feel I'll not get anything on time

I appreciate everyone's contribution to this thread

Thanks

i have same problems.. and i am telling you we arent the only one (waay to many people have the same problem) 

time flies without mercy.. we all planned something to happen yet life brings you to different places..

i had and am still struggling with this dunya its soo hard, and i hate it soo much ( i lost,lots hope,trust etc..but i keep going elsewhere it will bring me no where)

--

actually this can be one of the signs of the reappearance of imam Mahdi as (it has been said that lots people will feel down and  like that ) 

Edited by F.M
  • Basic Members

Salamun alaykum, sister.

I totaly relate to your description. As you mentioned anxiety out of not being able to properly manage your time, do you believe it to be a case of "procrastination"? Because if this is the case, it's said that what's stopping you from achieving your goals (starting and carrying with the activity) is the fear that you won't accomplish it. Ironically, under this mindset, a person won't start the task, hence indeed they'll never accomplish it. It might get chronical and personally speaking it's tremendously overwhelming. *IF* this is the case, I suggest you to break your task into small little tasks, so you'll trick your mind into believing it's not something huge you're about to do. Instead, you'll get your mind into thinking it's just 50 ayats from Al Baqara you'll be reading for now, instead of 286, for example. In case reading causes you anxiety, just an example. 

There are apps online called Pomodoro (it's a technique for enhancing focus by breaking time and your activities into parts).
https://zapier.com/blog/best-pomodoro-apps/ (Please, take a look if you are interested)

But if none of this is your case, my prayers are still with you <3 <3 May Allah Mighty and Majestic ease your burdens and bring you peace, make you successful in this life and the next. Ameen.

• Advanced Member
10 minutes ago, Ain-Al Hayat said:

try my best ...but still there is something which really upsets me.. I don't know what..and it makes me feel I'll not get anything on time

Salaam,

Everyone is upset. Not only you. Human being, by nature stays in a state of chaos from within. Because we are always on war within — Jihad un Nafs. If you feel like that then stay happy please because you are a warrior. A mujahid. And strive harder with confidence to do good, because that will make you succeed in this Jihad.

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) protect you, bless you and help you. May Allah keep your hopes alive.

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Ain-Al Hayat said:

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel bad. All I'm saying is that when you feel anxiety, try to increase your iman in some way. I like doing dhikrs like these. 

Like Pikachu posted here, we are all in our own pace, live our own lives, there is no problem with this.

• Veteran Member
On 1/13/2021 at 11:47 AM, Ain-Al Hayat said:

Lately I've been really busy with some personal issues and depressive. It's just I feel I can't achieve my goals on time. I feel my Time is running out...

Join the Club.

Yet, excluding the secular stuff, Ayat 30:37 for one.

• Advanced Member

it isnt allowed for anyone to say that anxiety is a sign of a low imaan..... mental health has nothing to do with imaan especially in the world we live in full of hate, hypocrisy, crap and soo much more..

i am talking to everyone because i see often how people link mental health to imaan and thats completely wrong "STOP DOING IT!!

everyone has to deal with anxiety and soon after youre inner body feels it.. it will make hormones that will cause the stress,anxiety to reduce.. and yes it often happens that its getting out of balans (those people need to get checked by psychologists/psycotherapists etc..because it can lead to hallucinations even more stress and it can be deadly) and it has nothing to do with imaan.

.btw this example is maybe a bit too dramatic/overdone and i am sure the sister doesnt have that level of stress/anxiety at all!! but again dont link mental heatlh to youre closeiness to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)..

Edited by F.M
  • Veteran Member
1 hour ago, F.M said:

.btw this example is maybe a bit too dramatic/overdone and i am sure the sister doesnt have that level of stress/anxiety at all!! but again dont link mental heatlh to youre closeiness to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)..

Not knowing her age, l would never say this or something like it.

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, hasanhh said:

age doesnt play a role.. if she had an extreme anxiety then it would have been linked to many other things including not being positive,isolation, expresing stress and many more things..there are different types in anxiety

the complaints she shows is more look like a burn out or something in that way ("The thought that I am falling behind and there is no way I can catch up, creates a gut-clutch of anxiety that leaves me feeling panicky. And separate. If I believe I am ‘behind’ someone else, "). Lots people or even just worried witness such complaints lately..also it would be possible she actually dont have anxiety. but rather got kind of weakened and tired of life (just like many others lately)

obviously, if she would have a higher level of it.. then firstly we would have already seen it on her way of typing also she would have ended up in psychiatry long time ago.

8 hours ago, hasanhh said:

you would beter have said it to the people who claim mental health is connected to you're iman.. whoever has anxiety has a lower iman, whoever has mental disorders its becasue Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) isnt pleased with that person, mental ilness is conected to being far from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)....... and many more crap like that

Edited by F.M
  • Advanced Member
18 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Yes it does. You can compliment a teen-aged gurl and she'll get upset, and so on.

people are getting mental heath issueas at all ages.. doesnt neceserally mean you need to be old or young

ofcource we often see specific types of mental health issues at some specific ages

• like puberty people are most likely to show dominant behavior and giving a big mouth (youre hormones are causing it, and youre inner body is going trough a huge upgrade from child body into grown up human being and that cost lots of hard work and can cause stress issues, etc..)
  • also its common for the older people to get more negative set.. its becaus youre body is step by step lowering its hormon production .. that can cause oxytocin hormone to decrease.. and thats why often old/senior people have lack of positivity and are starting to get annoyed easilly..

but mental disorders , like :mood disorders (such as depression or bipolar disorder), anxiety disorders, personality disorders, psychotic disorders (such as schizophrenia), eating disorders.trauma-related disorders (such as post-traumatic stress disorder),substance abuse disorders. often has nothing to do with specific age groups and actually can occur at all ages

puberty has nothing to with mental disorders(its normal to behave irritated,stressed etc.. because of youre hormones and inner body who is going like a rocket)... of cource it can happen that a disorder can happen in puberty but what we have seen most of those cases are caused by broken relationships and heartbreak and ofcource traumatised by events like life-threatening accidents,war,death of familiy etc... 

Edited by F.M
  • Advanced Member
1 minute ago, hasanhh said:

Not relevant to my post.

you are the one mixing puberty with mental health and linking it to mental disorders.....

• Veteran Member
6 minutes ago, F.M said:

you are the one mixing puberty with mental health and linking it to mental disorders.....

As anyone else can read for themselves, my 5 lines -l counted them- do not equate with copying material off the lnternet and portraying it as an application of the Diagnostic Manual.

Line number 7 is here.

Edited by hasanhh
clarification
  • Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

As anyone else can read for themselves, my 5 lines -l counted them- do not equate with copying material off the lnternet and portraying it as an application of the Diagnostic Manual.

Line number 7 is here.

you are the one talking without knowledge...

i wrote all myself what are you talking about? i only used to translate the name of the mental disorders because i know them only in dutch vocabulary and not in English

if you want to check it then there does exist a plagiary controller right?

• Advanced Member

Thank you so much @hasanhh and @F.M for your contribution

Regarding to your posts let me add some more information about my current situation 

I'm 20 and I don't have any mental disorders ... I'm just upset with my self... I'm not satisfied with what I'm doing ... I feel that I don't have enough time left ...so I'm always nervous about things not getting done on time... I don't know what you call this ...but I don't know how to explain it better 

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Ain-Al Hayat said:

Thank you so much @hasanhh and @F.M for your contribution

Regarding to your posts let me add some more information about my current situation 

I'm 20 and I don't have any mental disorders ... I'm just upset with my self... I'm not satisfied with what I'm doing ... I feel that I don't have enough time left ...so I'm always nervous about things not getting done on time... I don't know what you call this ...but I don't know how to explain it better 

its normal sister (i have same thing) you can ask @Zainuu if you want proof (he also knows in how messed up period i got into).. i go trough exact same thing, and what i said we arent the only one at all (lots people have the same problem)

it feels like a mix between burn out and scared about the future with uncertainties for the present.. i have the complete same and know how you feel

best is to still try to be positivities, and realise how you are blesses with soo much..yet we all look at the 1 thing we dont have and we are feeling complete insecure about our entire life..Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is also watching and he is putting everything together we just need to wait and work hard at the same time!!

------

@Zainuu,  see, i told you soo many have same inner worry just like me.. its sad to see