Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Turn Your TVs On

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
15 hours ago, hasanhh said:

These people resigning kinda scares me cuz im wondering whos going to replace them? Someone recently made a post about the type of people and their leanings, personal and political, of those that biden has stacked in all the highest positions ...im pretty sure we can expect more of the same to happen as its been the case since the 60s..pretty soon there wont be any true americans left in our important government positions.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@hasanhh he is your leader. The man that you like. And this is what it leads to. "Pelousy"? Why do involve yourself in immature name calling so often? You are older than the majority of us. 

I think the political left, and Democrats who might be tired of foreign wars, need to wake up to the reality that Joe Biden has put together a cabinet consisting almost entirely of militant, neolibera

Posted Images

• Moderators
4 hours ago, notme said:

Media here are reporting that the shooter was a plainclothes police officer on duty. 

The officer who shot the terrorist woman has been suspended while the incident is under investigation. 

I don't disagree with suspending officers who shoot people while the incident is being investigated, but this is a break from the usual usual policy of only taking action after significant public outcry. 

------

Unrelated, but Trump is reported to have collaborated with high level police personnel on the management of his planned coup attempt. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Marbles said:

I support people's rights to a protest against the oppressive US political establishment which stole the elections from the rightful winner and suppressed the will of the people!

No to ballot rigging. No to the fraudulent elections.

#WeWillNeverConcede.

Tsk, tsk, tsk! 

Saying it doesn't make it so, not even for narcissistic millionaire would-be-dictators. 

• Advanced Member
On 1/7/2021 at 7:45 AM, Laayla said:

Bismehe Ta3ala 

Assalam Alikum 

The duas of the oppressed, downtrodden, the families of the shuhada2, and the mustadth3feen are starting to manifest.

We are receiving clips and videos by What's app in Lebanon.  

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN ALLAH 

But be logical here the ones being protected in Capitol Hill are responsible the ones marching on it are really ur allies here , my enemies enemy is my friend , even if u or them don’t know it

• Advanced Member
6 minutes ago, notme said:

The officer who shot the terrorist woman has been suspended while the incident is under investigation. 

I don't disagree with suspending officers who shoot people while the incident is being investigated, but this is a break from the usual usual policy of only taking action after significant public outcry. 

------

Unrelated, but Trump is reported to have collaborated with high level police personnel on the management of his planned coup attempt. 

R u seriously backing pelosi Biden Clinton, the massive Zionists who wants to bomb Iran? Don’t get so caught up in hate that u lose sense of who’s on the right side and who’s on the wrong side 

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, The Green Knight said:

I just think the left and the right are both wings of the same bird, a bird of excrement poisoning this world.

More accurately, I think it's the liberals/moderates/centrists (centre-left & centre-right) and the reactionary-right (and alt-right of course) that is to be blamed the most.

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy
  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

More accurately, I think it's the liberals (centre-left & centre-right) and the reactionary-right (and alt-right) that is to be blamed the most.

Trump he’s an idiot there’s no doubt about that, but these democrats they are serious zionists hell bent on satanism and destruction of Iran ,they’re the true enemy backed by richest Zionist satanic Jews , u don’t believe me now watch next 4 years they will make a serious war effort on Iran 

Edited by theEndIsNear
  • Moderators
8 minutes ago, theEndIsNear said:

R u seriously backing pelosi Biden Clinton, the massive Zionists who wants to bomb Iran?

No.

1 minute ago, theEndIsNear said:

Trump he’s an idiot there’s no doubt about that, but these democrats they are serious zionists hell bent on satanism and destruction of Iran ,they’re the true enemy backed by richest Zionist satanic Jews 

Both Nazis and Zionists are wrong. 

• Forum Administrators
18 minutes ago, notme said:

------

This is the lady in question, prior to being shot. She's going through a broken window into some where she should not.

ErJ-jsOXAAAbEpD?format=jpg&name=small

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, theEndIsNear said:

Trump he’s an idiot there’s no doubt about that, but these democrats they are serious zionists hell bent on satanism and destruction of Iran

? I never said anything otherwise. The Democrats and Republicans are virtually the same. They're neo-liberals and neo-conservatives, which are the same thing. They have an underlying belief in liberalism, imperialism, Zionism, etc. 

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, The Green Knight said:

I just think the left and the right are both wings of the same bird, a bird of excrement poisoning this world.

There are people under the Left Wing.

There are people under the Right Wing.

Which leaves the rest of US under the Tail Wing.

So are we :byecry:  or are we  :egg:

:braveheart:  or   :titanic:

Note: l have waited a long time to post the first three lines. :thankyou:"And l did it without a "cwapped on" emoji."

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, shia farm girl said:

These people resigning kinda scares me cuz im wondering whos going to replace them?

This should not scare you. These people were leaving anyway in less than two weeks, and resigning under this media hype will help secure future employment.

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

This is the lady in question, prior to being shot. She's going through a broken window into some where she should not.

Her name is Ashli Babbett, 35, an Air Force veteran.

She is entering the Speaker's Lobby, you know, where that one man -protester- is sitting in the Speaker's Chair in the Speaker's Private Office.

Edited by hasanhh
  • Veteran Member
2 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

ErJ-jsOXAAAbEpD?format=jpg&name=small

Though we are only shown your back

We the children of freedom salute you

O (not) Neda Aga Soltan of the USA (lol)

O Martyr seeking justice, child of liberty

Betrayed by the illusive justice

Liberty and freedom and democracy

O the best nation of the world

*cough* *cough*

You died, we cried, establishment lied

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Btw I have never seen a worst mockery of leftism than in recent US politics. What makes them left wing??? You can say they are not extreme right / center something. "Moderate Rebel Zionists". Illusions.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, hasanhh said:

She is entering the Speaker's Lobby, you know, where that one man -protester- is sitting in the Speaker's Chair in the Speaker's Private Office.

That was after, I believe. 

2 hours ago, The Green Knight said:

Btw I have never seen a worst mockery of leftism than in recent US politics. What makes them left wing??? You can say they are not extreme right / center something. "Moderate Rebel Zionists". Illusions.

There are no left-leaning politicians in US congress. Sanders, Omar, Occasio-Cortez, and a few others are centrists. The rest are either right wing (Democrats and some Republicans) or extreme right wing (Trump colluders). 

4 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Sad but not surprising that a veteran would be among those attempting to overthrow the Constitution. 

Guest guest
21 hours ago, hasanhh said:

There were 2,000.

This seems like a very low number for the rioters. President Trump addressed the crowd before they went to the Capitol. He mentioned the number 250,000.

I think you have 250,000 people, 250,000. Looking out at all the amazing patriots here today, I have never been more confident in our nation's future.

He also directed them to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue toward to Capitol in order to stop the counting of the Electoral College votes:

So we're going to -- we're going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue. I love Pennsylvania Avenue. And we're going to the Capitol, and we're going to try and give -- the Democrats are hopeless, they never voted for anything. Not even one vote. But we're going to try and give our Republicans, the weak ones because the strong ones don't need any of our help.

January 6, 2021 speech of President Trump in text:

https://factba.se/transcript/donald-trump-speech-campaign-rally-the-ellipse-january-6-2021 

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, notme said:

Sanders, Omar, Occasio-Cortez

I'd argue that these people should be progressives (leftist), but they (the latter two) have now shown that they won't follow through on any of their proposed policies and will just suck up to the Democratic party and Nancy Pelosi and vote as they do. Crazier is that they aren't even bound by strong party discipline, like here in Canada.

It boggles me why Sanders and the progressives won't just make a third-party? I'm sure they would win states. The right-libertarians did fairly well as a third party, with Gary Johnson in 2018 getting 15% of the votes for New Mexico senate, and I think he did similarly well in the prior election campaign. Now think about how much more popular progressivism is. Bernie himself was able to bootstrap his campaigns from ordinary people rather than big corporate donations. Bernie should have won the primaries in 2016, but of course the DNC blocked him from winning. In 2020 he ran again for the Democrats despite this, for whatever reason.

I suspect these progressives benefit much more in terms of paycheck by sticking with the DNC... especially considering the actions we have now seen from AOC & Ilhan.

Edited by AmirioTheMuzzy
  • Veteran Member
2 hours ago, Guest guest said:

This seems like a very low number for the rioters. President Trump addressed the crowd before they went to the Capitol. He mentioned the number 250,000.

Thank you for posting the transcript. l hadn't started searching for it.

When l read it, towards the end, l thought the crowd number was too large. [Remember the argument over how many went to Trump's inaugural?]

l looked up nursing homes in Pennsylvania. There are about 700 homes with about 88,000 beds.

So l found this 09:32hrs, Tuesday,06Jan21 article:

https://www.wspa.com/news/trump-supporters-rally-near-white-house-awaiting-president/ 

--"thousands" is the number used with the weather report (40s, wet)

--Mayor Bowser had already called in the Nat'l Guard. DoJ brought in 200 "specially trained" personnel to he held in reserve.

l will add, just a couple of days prior, the "Proud Boys" leader was arrested.

There is no incitement to riot. Trump said "walk down" to show support and give courage to weak Senators.

The video l saw, Trump said "cheer on".

• Forum Administrators
9 hours ago, hasanhh said:

If she pulled this kind of stunt in her own country heaven knows what she got up to in Iraq and Afghanistan:

Babbitt's husband told KUSI she was a 14-year veteran who served four tours with USAF in the Middle East as a 'high level security official,' and described her as a fervent Trump supporter who was 'a great patriot to all who knew her.' 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9124267/Air-Force-vet-Trump-rioter-posted-Facebook-video-killed-storming-Capitol.html

• Veteran Member

At Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's request the Senate's Sargent-of-Arms -who is responsible for security measures- has resigned.

The Capitol Police Chief at the Speaker's insistence has resigned.

The House of Representatives' Sargent-at-Arms has also told to resign or be fired by the Speaker.

Permit: The protesters had a permit to protest up to 100 yards of the Capitol Building's entrances.  The reporter said not enough capitol police were there (outside the building where the protest was).

• Veteran Member

Foreign reactions:

Russia --US "has lost all credibility"

China --[the US praised Hong Kong demonstrators who broke into legislative chambers but will prosecute those who "broke into" the Capitol and calls them "rioters"]

• Veteran Member
6 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Why are the Capitol Police and Speaker Nanny Peloussi silent on the three "medical emergencies" deaths inside the Capitol Building ?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/police-capitol-hill-medical-emergencies-deaths 

Ages 55, 50 and a 34 year old woman.

Other sources: The one man from Pennsylvania "had a stroke", the other "tased himself" resulting in "a heart attack." 

Roseanne Boylan's cause of death is still unknown, even to her family as of Thursday afternoon.

• Veteran Member

5th death occurred last night. Brian Sicknick, a Capitol Police officer.

CBS This Morning said he was hit in the head by a fire extinguisher.

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/trending/chaos-capitol-who-was-brian-sicknick-capitol-police-officer-who-died-after-riots/FZHNCHPY5FFCDH75EYHYS5IZVE/ 

The pictures:

Number 27: Notice the police up above and outside

Number 39: Notice how many police on line and -contrary to crowd control procedures- a police officer is agitating the crowd.

Numbers 34 & 35: Both a little audacious  :)

Numbers 41 & 45:  :hahaha: "The toughest guys in an armchair are scared out of their wits."

• Moderators
3 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Roseanne Boylan's cause of death is still unknown, even to her family as of Thursday afternoon.

I know there was one person who fell from a high wall. I do not know if that person died. 

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)

A "don't damage the art works" is 'insurrectionist activity' ?

State officials inside the Capitol are "revolutionaries"?

Except for the 5 deaths and serious injuries, this is now political theater at its sickest.  

A fun 2 minute read:

https://www.khou.com/article/news/nation-world/west-virginia-lawmaker-among-rioters/507-081d6ef7-3bea-4c1a-97e1-73ff88ae350d 

-Derek Evans was not the only one

Edited by hasanhh
  • Moderators
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

A "don't damage the art works" is 'insurrectionist activity' ?

State officials inside the Capitol are "revolutionaries"?

It was a failed coup attempt. 

It was clearly, as defined by US Code, a terrorist act, albeit a relatively harmless one in the end.

The officials inside were bystanders in most cases, and some were complicit. 

Every trespasser caught on video or bragging about the crime on social media should be arrested and prosecuted. Most should be given a slap on the wrist and a felony on their record. Leaders and elected officials who participated should be tried for treason and possibly executed, probably given life sentences and permanently barred from office. 

Edited by notme
  • Advanced Member
3 hours ago, notme said:

tried for treason and possibly executed, probably given life sentences and permanently barred from office

This would only serve to exacerbate the situation tenfold, these people see themselves as Americans called forth by their president to come and showcase their dismay towards elected officials within a capitol that is for the people and by the people. As much as some want to see them tried as domestic terrorists I think it would be counter active to do so; they’ll start to form factions and militias at a more expedient way and you’ll really begin to see America eroding from the inside as tensions arise between both parties.

• Moderators
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Mohammad313Ali said:

This would only serve to exacerbate the situation tenfold, these people see themselves as Americans called forth by their president to come and showcase their dismay towards elected officials within a capitol that is for the people and by the people. As much as some want to see them tried as domestic terrorists I think it would be counter active to do so; they’ll start to form factions and militias at a more expedient way and you’ll really begin to see America eroding from the inside as tensions arise between both parties.

Would you advocate the same tolerant approach toward gang violence? Mafia violence? Common robbery? Those people are just trying to support their (wrong) beliefs too. 

I mean, if you're opposed to the current system of criminal justice, I can accept that. I've got friendly acquaintances who are prison abolitionists. I disagree with them, but respect their (and your?) views. 

But if you just think these particular traitorous criminals should be given special treatment, I'm going to need a sensible explanation more than just "they won't like it". Nobody likes facing the negative consequences of their actions. 

Edited by notme
  • Advanced Member
32 minutes ago, notme said:

Would you advocate the same tolerant approach toward gang violence? Mafia violence? Common robbery? Those people are just trying to support their (wrong) beliefs too.

I believe that they carry a distinction which is only significant to them - presidential support, irrespective of how poor he or it was; they are in a sense exercising an American right which is to assemble and protest. The lack of leadership displayed by Trump is what lead to the chaotic response that followed, you can't just call your people to come and support you and then tell them to go home.

36 minutes ago, notme said:

traitorous criminals

The issue is if one is to try these criminals in respect to the list of accusations enumerated, then even those who are doing the 'trying' will themselves face legal punishment. 

Everyone is angry from both the left and right, and both sides have reached a sort of climax when it comes to releasing that anger, the blm and their likes have displayed their anger, and now the proudboys and their likes have done so as well, for it was indeed expected as they felt undermined by such recent displays by the left. Irrespective of who has more right a right, or at least a less of a wrong (to protest/riot), everyone had steam that they needed to let out. 

To further pursue cracking down on a large scale is something that would deeply widen the currently unstable gap within the U.S that has reached it peak on both ends, perhaps individually going towards key figures who served as catalysts to unjustified events/actions would be a reasonable route, but it is imperative to keep it out of the public eye. 

• Advanced Member

@Mohammad313Ali The logic doesn't hold. If Black nationalists had stormed the Capitol, they would have all been arrested or killed. We have seen how the U.S. police & military act. These people will likely not face charges of treason, because they were allowed to attempt a coup, and regardless, the U.S. would not have seen it as a threat, in the same way they see, say Black separation, as a threat. The coup was simply a meaningless attempt to reinstate Trump as president. Oh no, the horrors. The USA knows their elections are meaningless, and that whomever is elected will advance the same policies. They'll charge some people for the sake of maintaining the charade, a bit of political theatre. But they won't care to give any serious investigation or prosecution.

This is all just my speculation though.

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, Mohammad313Ali said:

perhaps individually going towards key figures who served as catalysts to unjustified events/actions would be a reasonable route, but it is imperative to keep it out of the public eye. 

As you've probably noticed, my views lean strongly "left". All my political and social views are based on my love for my fellow human being and this planet. If that's extreme, the problem is the system. 

I am only in favor of harsh punishments toward leaders and pubic figures involved. I do think arresting and charging then lightly admonishing documented participants would deter further misbehavior, but I would accept a compromise in which leaders are prosecuted and sufficiently punished. 

"Ignore it and it will go away" is what has been going on at least since Charlottesville, and it hasn't gone away.

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

@Mohammad313Ali The logic doesn't hold. If Black nationalists had stormed the Capitol, they would have all been arrested or killed. We have seen how the U.S. police & military act. These people will likely not face charges of treason, because they were allowed to attempt a coup, and regardless, the U.S. would not have seen it as a threat, in the same way they see, say Black separation, as a threat. The coup was simply a meaningless attempt to reinstate Trump as president. Oh no, the horrors. The USA knows their elections are meaningless, and that whomever is elected will advance the same policies. They'll charge some people for the sake of maintaining the charade, a bit of political theatre. But they won't care to give any serious investigation or prosecution.

This is all just my speculation though.

Like I said, these people are distinct and that is why their treatment is different. Black nationalists, communists, etc; if strengthened would hasten the erosion of the U.S, whereas the conservatives do things with respect to the fundamental axis of the constitution. You cannot treat these people all equally it is not a matter of 'race' we have now entered a more sensitive field and it is that of ideology. 

This was not an attempt to reinstate Trump, rather it was a display and message to those who rioted, looted, and smeared [in their viewpoint] they wanted to show that they are also strong, angry, and will also retaliate if continuously pushed. I believe that it is in the interest of America to treat these individuals more fairly and lightly, lest this be a minor example of more severe events to come.

• Haji 2003 changed the title to Turn Your TVs On