Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Thoughts 2021

Rate this topic

• Moderators

I made a 2021 SC resolution to not participate in any 'Social, family and personal' threads. Why did I just post there? :cry:Dang! Okay,no more. 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wish all of you in here a happy and blessed 2021. I hope the Curse of the Covid is lifted soon and life gets back to normal for everyone around the world. I pray for the health and happine

Hopefully this year will be better...

Salam everyone My first post of 2021 I dedicate to every Member of SC (and of course to everyone who reads it) May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) Create This year Full Of Happiness and succ

Posted Images

• Veteran Member
3 hours ago, starlight said:

I made a 2021 SC resolution to not participate in any 'Social, family and personal' threads. Why did I just post there? :cry:Dang! Okay,no more. 

I can see that mutah is still the top trending topic in Social and Family forum. And why not, many kids grew up while we old timers were getting older and moving on from our youthful fascination with mutah...

• Veteran Member
3 hours ago, starlight said:

You are still 'good'.

This here thread is is in the "0ff Topic" section.

"Thoughts 2021" can be esoteric, observational, reflective and critical.

And it encourages 'free thought' --no matter how much the Thought Police don't like it.

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, Marbles said:

I can see that mutah is still the top trending topic in Social and Family forum. And why not, many kids grew up while we old timers were getting older and moving on from our youthful fascination with mutah...

Bismehe Ta3ala 

Assalam Alikum brother.

Moving on to....marriage, Insh'Allah 

Did you finally tie the knot?  We say katib al ktab literally meaning writing down in the (marriage) book.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN ALLAH 

• Moderators

I just saw an assertion that in meetings with equal numbers of men and women present, men speak 75% of the time and women are more likely to be interrupted. My immediate thought was "only in meetings? I can get a word in around here!"

• Veteran Member

Portent of Life on-coming

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-rioters-smash-courthouse-window-damage-businesses-police-declare-unlawful-assembly 

"unlawful assembly" ? :mod: ?

BTW: There is now the mantra of having "national control over local police".

Rejoice, Comrades, Rejoice.

• Veteran Member

As we are in the last 9 days of the Trump-era, l had this thought.

Remember the The Big Bang Theory ? The last or so episode? Character Leonard says to Sheldon, "lt is always about you." The same with Trump. lt is always about "the Donald." The ego, the "never settle" mantra, say anything about anyone to any challenge to his point of view or his little-thought-out statements. And if people get hurt, that's a price they pay.

The same with the Demoncrats. lt is all about Trump. Make any criticism, make any wild or pejorative accusation, suggest any irresponsible or impossible possibility actions on Trump's part, obstruct any legislation. And if people get hurt, that's politics and they pay for everything anyway.

What prompted this thought?  Here is a Media based declaration or "war" on Trump -and by extension, on the Republicans.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/11/opinions/hold-trump-accountable-lockhart/index.html 

And just as l am finishing this post, my local news announces the Parler a "website favored by conservatives" is now offline.

The full-of-themselves who want to be our 'thought police' are still at it.

• Veteran Member

"During his visit to Saudi Arabia, Vladimir Putin was greeted by a tune very familiar to him. Though judging by his facial expressions, he couldn’t quite remember where he had heard it before."

• Veteran Member
On 1/7/2021 at 7:16 AM, notme said:

My immediate thought was "only in meetings? I can get a word in around here!"

Did not someone famously say, "Speak softly and carry a big stick."

Of course, you could modernize this to taser.

• Veteran Member

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2021/01/14/secret-service-bathroom-ivanka-trump-jared-kushner/

This is insane behavior and I have noticed that people are becoming so obsessive and psychotic about their homes. I live in my parents' home and my sister constantly complains that I am messy and make the home dirty and she wants to throw me out of the house. In december, I rented a room in a muslim woman's house and she also told me to go because I wasn't clean and I didn't talk much. I don't understand, $600 per month is a lot of money and if you get that much money without doing anything, why would you refuse that income because you have OCD with cleaning or you have some kind of psychotic obsession with your house? I was embarrassed about my sister and that woman calling me messy but after reading this, I realize that I am not messy, this is just a new way people have invented to humiliate and insult other people. I have noticed this behavior at couple of my jobs also. Employers just pretend there's plumbing problem in bathroom and forbid employees from using the bathroom. I would quit if I was a secret service agent, this is so humiliating and rude behavior. 

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, rkazmi33 said:

This is insane behavior and I have noticed that people are becoming so obsessive and psychotic about their homes.

The Kushners could have been more accommodating, but this is a petty complaint compared to the Reagan and Clinton White Houses.

• Veteran Member

2020 taught me that many humans have serious problems with critical thinking, emotionally induced irrationality, tribalism & selective morality. The latter two are well-known but the former are a lot worse than I first thought. We need education programs to teach people/children how to avoid fallacious beliefs (e.g. certain types of conspiracy theories). 

One thing that surprised me is how many people are interested in obtaining knowledge. I used to think that many people were less interested but it seems like people want it to be made 'attractive' and simplified for them.

• Veteran Member
24 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

You're not very old, are you?

[That's a halfcom  -half a complement.]

Human behavior is still a mystery for even the oldest of men.

"I can calculate the movement of stars, but not the madness of men" -  Isaac Newton in reference to the South Sea stock bubble, in which he himself lost money.

I think more people should try investing & trading because it teaches us how emotions can make us fall in love with our decisions and allegiances, and how those emotions can push aside all critical thought. 

If it was halaal to make wagers with these conspiracy theorists, we would become rich. Then we could give their money back.

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Muhammed Ali said:

One thing that surprised me is how many people are interested in obtaining knowledge. I used to think that many people were less interested but it seems like people want it to be made 'attractive' and simplified for them.

The difference between wishing and wanting is that if you want something, you will do the necessary work to achieve it. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, hasanhh said:

@Haji 2003ls this a photoshop?

Yes. Someone took a picture of Senator Sanders at the socially distanced inauguration, looking cold and annoyed, and the internet is having fun photoshopping him into a variety of settings. 

• Veteran Member
1 minute ago, notme said:

Yes. Someone took a picture of Senator Sanders at the socially distanced inauguration, looking cold and annoyed, and the internet is having fun photoshopping him into a variety of settings. 

Yes, l saw those gloves on the news last night.

Probably signaling: the gloves are on . . . for now.

• Advanced Member

Well. Seems this year is off to a bad start as well. Yesterday 2 suicide bombers killed more then 30 people yesterday in Baghdad.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Yes, l saw those gloves on the news last night.

Probably signaling: the gloves are on . . . for now.

I've read that those mittens were a gift from one of his constituents, and are made from recycled sweaters and water bottles. 

• Advanced Member

Honestly. This whole film business.

Sunnis can make whatever they want. They can make dramas for the killers of Shi'a Imams(عليه السلام).

They can make series about their Caliphs and they can show our first Imam(عليه السلام) with an actor playing Imam Ali(عليه السلام) with face shown.

But Shi'as cannot as that leads to secatarian violence and issues and this and that.

This is not because it will lead to anything else. This is a way for Sunnis and Salafis to keep us Shi'as in line and under their feet. And because we fear them, we hold our ears and say let's not do anything for our history because they'll kill us. 

That's the honest truth.