Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Introvert trying to become Shi'a

Rate this topic

Hello everybody. I am 27, I live in Southern Europe and I want to love the Ahlulbayt better. But circumstances don't allow me to revert. Can somebody help me? 

• Advanced Member

Salam

Pray to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to guide you through this hard time.

3 hours ago, frankfromthewest said:

But circumstances don't allow me to revert.

You don't have to show or say to anyone that you want to revert or you have reverted. You can keep this to yourself until the circumstances gets better for you. What's really matter is your heart and your intention. Your heart should be pure and filled with the love of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and  Ahlulbayt AS. If nothing is working out then I would recommend you to move somewhere else where you can practice your religious beliefs without any hesitation.

Waslam

Are you able to state your circumstances so more specific guidance can be given?  If you can't, then as Ain-al- Hayat said, pray to Allah.  Your faith is your private matter with Allah and therefore you don't need to demonstrate it to others, until you feel ready.  There will come a time when you will be brave enough to part ways from those who don't accept you, but it would not matter to you, as you'd have Ahlebait (عليه السلام). 

• Advanced Member
5 hours ago, frankfromthewest said:

Hello everybody. I am 27, I live in Southern Europe and I want to love the Ahlulbayt better. But circumstances don't allow me to revert. Can somebody help me? 

Take it slow. Eventually you will slowly become more obligated to follow the commands of Allah as you become more in tune with the religion, such as prayer, charity, manners, etc.

From the sounds of things, you pretty much already reverted.

6 minutes ago, dragonxx said:

Take it slow. Eventually you will slowly become more obligated to follow the commands of Allah as you become more in tune with the religion, such as prayer, charity, manners, etc.

From the sounds of things, you pretty much already reverted.

Thanks for considering I am already part of the community

• Advanced Member
12 hours ago, frankfromthewest said:

Then there is no problem because I love Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and Ahl ul-Bayt with all my heart

Mashallah

That's it ..the most important thing..you are already halfway through it. Just keep going like that you are on the right track. What about the circumstances? They are not permanent. Ups and downs are part of our life otherwise we will never know the difference between happiness and sadness

"After every dark night comes a glorious morning of a new day"

Sunday Adelaja

1 minute ago, Ain-Al Hayat said:

Mashallah

That's it ..the most important thing..you are already halfway through it. Just keep going like that you are on the right track. What about the circumstances? They are not permanent. Ups and downs are part of our life otherwise we will never know the difference between happiness and sadness

"After every dark night comes a glorious morning of a new day"

Sunday Adelaja

The circumstances are related to not having a Shi'a mosque near, being "pathologically" solitary (schizoid) and not being able to fly to a hawza because of You-Know-What-19. I'm not sad, I'm taking a good antidepressant. Jazakallah Khairan for caring

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, frankfromthewest said:

The circumstances are related to not having a Shi'a mosque near, being "pathologically" solitary (schizoid) and not being able to fly to a hawza because of You-Know-What-19. I'm not sad, I'm taking a good antidepressant. Jazakallah Khairan for caring

I can relate to that very well

I want to study in hawzah as well but of Covid-19 everything is delayed.

Update: in the meantime that I was reacting to this and replying, I've been feeling more confidence, comfort and warmth. I am so grateful at you, sisters and brothers, that I want to cry of joy