Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Masturbation permissibility

Rate this topic

Hassan Tano

• Basic Members

I was just doing research, and discovered the Zahiri Sunni say masturbation is halal. The shia use the verse that says "And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts). Except from their wives or that their right hands possess, – for them, they are free from blame. But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors." But don’t we own ourselves? Are ourselves included in what our “right hands possess”? Doesn’t guarding our chastity EXCLUDE wives, concubines, and ourselves? I will appreciate every answer

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, Hassan Tano said:

I was just doing research, and discovered the Zahiri Sunni say masturbation is halal. The shia use the verse that says "And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts). Except from their wives or that their right hands possess, – for them, they are free from blame. But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors." But don’t we own ourselves? Are ourselves included in what our “right hands possess”? Doesn’t guarding our chastity EXCLUDE wives, concubines, and ourselves? I will appreciate every answer

Masturbation is HARAM 

Period. 

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, Hassan Tano said:

I will appreciate every answer

Masturbation - Question & Answer - The Official Website of the Office of His Eminence Al-Sayyid Ali Al-Husseini Al-Sistani
https://www.sistani.org/english/qa/01244/

• Veteran Member
19 hours ago, Hassan Tano said:

But don’t we own ourselves?

No. All that you see around, the trees, the skies, the meadows and indeed your own biological system, is owned by God. That’s why suicide is harām as well.

Edited by 313_Waiter

• Advanced Member
21 hours ago, Hassan Tano said:

Just know it’s haram. Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) owns us and he gives us the gift to make our own choices. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
On 12/15/2020 at 2:25 AM, Hassan Tano said:

Shia refer to the quran and the Ahl ul-Bait. Both forbid masturbation. According to hadith those who masturbate are cursed and deserve divine punishment. Also "right hands possess" does not refer to one's self. You are just misinterpreting the Quranic verse and looking for an excuse to justify masturbation.