Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

#AwesomewithoutAllah

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam.

I was on twitter and I saw this strange tag handle going around. Apparently it's sponsored by an organization called Ex-Muslims of North America, they encourage people(Ex Muslims) to use this tag and make a short video about their life without Islam. Some of the reasons given by these Ex-Muslims on leaving Islam are pretty stupid sounding with the most popular ones:

1. Yeah I can do whatever I want and wear whatever I want.

2. Yeah I can now have a dog. It's extremely important to me.

3. I can live freely and enjoy this life w/o restrictions.

4. Leaving religion has given me clarity that this life is extremely important.

5. I can eat Bacon now.

Like what are these reasons even?

More information and stupidity.

Google "Ex-Muslims of North America twitter". I can't put in the link as it showcases their entire feed on this post(maybe Im doing it wrong idk). But anyway, this was absurd in all ways.

• Veteran Member

Salam,

I saw this, the video that I saw was of this young Pakistani kid who was saying that leaving Islam has allowed to start questioning things and to think for himself. He seemed really awkward, you kind of had to feel sorry for him.

But he was young, insha'Allah he'll come around, he may just need to meet some more open minded Muslims who can handle and reply to issues that are considered to be controversial.

Edited by Ali_Hussain
  • Advanced Member
10 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

Salam,

I saw this, the video that I saw was of this young Pakistani kid who was saying that leaving Islam has allowed to start questioning things and to think for himself. He seemed really awkward, you kind of had to feel sorry for him.

But he was young, insha'Allah he'll come around, he may just need to meet some more open minded Muslims who can handle and reply to issues that are considered to be controversial.

Yeah I saw that one too. I'm sure him living in France isn't helping either as tensions are really high over there.

Though the women in these videos who are from the Middle east and South Asia have confused this "ME/SA Honor culture" with the religion of Islam. Most of the time they were criticizing culture rather than religion which I found pretty ironic as their entire logic/reasoning is due to culture alone.

Edited by El Cid
  • Advanced Member

I have seen something similar on reddit. there was a sub reddit called r/exmuslims and r/exmuslimmemes and there are much more, there is a lot of offensive and hurtful content there, I'm not sure if that's the sub reddit though