Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Love women, and prepare for them by dying your hair black!

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
15 hours ago, SoRoUsH said:

Food and sex are worldly pleasures that we are encouraged to appreciate and enjoy to the fullest.

Nobody is disagreeing to that. But everything has its limits. Muawiya was a person whose intense love for food was abhorred by the Prophet (s). In fact, he was always eating food of different varieties such that the Prophet even prayed that his stomach may never get filled up. 

Enjoying good food is a blessing of Allah, but it comes with its limits. Imam Ali (عليه السلام) declined to drink from a glass full of juice after licking his finger dipped in it....only because he liked it so much. This is self-control to the highest level. 

Edited by Anonymous-Male
  • Advanced Member
16 hours ago, SoRoUsH said:

Excessive eating is detestable. We ought to eat until the point of feeling full. Our stomachs should not be heavy/full with food. This is not the issue, as we all know overeating is abhorrent.

Food is a blessing from Allah, and we are permitted and, in fact, encouraged, to buy fancy food, even if expensive, and enjoy it, especially with friends and family. 

In short, eat excellent high-quality food, even if expensive, but do not eat too much. 

This is inaccurate. We love food, because it is blessing from Allah, and we love all of Allah's blessings, including food and sex with women. 

We are encouraged to have great sex and eat great food. Simple! We thank God for such blessings and enjoy them. Simple!

No one is talking about "being preoccupied" with sex or food. The reason that you and others even think this as soon as someone talks about loving and appreciating food and sex is because of non-shia cultural influences, who have encouraged a rejection of all worldly pleasures. This cultural view is simply incorrect. 

Food and sex are worldly pleasures that we are encouraged to appreciate and enjoy to the fullest. They are the same blessings that we receive in paradise, and by sampling them in this world, we increase our appetite for the gifts of paradise in the next life. 

This is precisely the problem! 

Find what's authentic first, before repeating cultural dogmas based on inauthentic/weak narrations.

Remember these two words: Cultural Dogma

Nope!

Another pseudo-pious cultural dogma. 

They are there for our total mental, physical, sexual, spiritual, and emotional well-being. 

Nope!

Pseudo-pious cultural dogma, again. 

Salah is extremely important, so are having good sex, and enjoying great food. 

God doesn't need our salah. Salah is important, like sex and food, for our total mental, physical, sexual, spiritual, and emotional well-being. 

We are multi-dimensional beings, and all dimensions need attention, not just the spiritual dimension.

You are quite mistaken. What you are calling pseudo-pious is actually the height of piety. You really need to read and understand the following: 

The Primary Goal of Eating

The instrumental role of eating in the direction of worship and performing obligations has been pointed out in narrations, as the Prophet said:

O’ God, grant us abundance (barakah) of bread and do not let us be separated from it, for without it we will not be able to perform ritual prayer, fast, and perform our divine obligations.1

Imam Sadiq also states, “The foundation of the body is based on bread.”2 In another narration, a person asks Abu Dharr,3 “What is the best deed after believing in God?” He replied, “Performing ritual prayers and eating bread.” Seeing the person surprised by this answer, Abu Dharr continued, “If there is no bread, God will not be worshipped.”4 As Sarakhsi said, Abu Dharr implied that eating bread gives a person enough strength to perform ritual prayers.

Considering these hadiths, the Prophet’s aim for eating was noble; rather than eating to become gluttonous, it is to prepare the body for fulfilling ritual obligations.

https://www.al-islam.org/message-thaqalayn/vol-14-no-2-summer-2013/eating-and-drinking-conduct-prophet-muhammad-m-r-jabbari/eating

The primary and ultimate Goal for sex is also the same, that you get enough strength and comfort to be able to perform worship of Allah in the proper way and to avoid sin. There is a big difference between the one who has sex only to fulfill his carnal desire and the one who has sex so that he can concentrate on Allah's worship in a better way. The later intention makes halal sex reach  a level equivalent to jihad in the way of Allah, but having sex just for the sake of bodily desire is something which even animals do. 

Edited by Anonymous-Male
  • Advanced Member
12 minutes ago, Anonymous-Male said:

You are quite mistaken. What you are calling pseudo-pious is actually the height of piety. You really need to read and understand the following: 

The Primary Goal of Eating

The instrumental role of eating in the direction of worship and performing obligations has been pointed out in narrations, as the Prophet said:

O’ God, grant us abundance (barakah) of bread and do not let us be separated from it, for without it we will not be able to perform ritual prayer, fast, and perform our divine obligations.1

Imam Sadiq also states, “The foundation of the body is based on bread.”2 In another narration, a person asks Abu Dharr,3 “What is the best deed after believing in God?” He replied, “Performing ritual prayers and eating bread.” Seeing the person surprised by this answer, Abu Dharr continued, “If there is no bread, God will not be worshipped.”4 As Sarakhsi said, Abu Dharr implied that eating bread gives a person enough strength to perform ritual prayers.

Considering these hadiths, the Prophet’s aim for eating was noble; rather than eating to become gluttonous, it is to prepare the body for fulfilling ritual obligations.

https://www.al-islam.org/message-thaqalayn/vol-14-no-2-summer-2013/eating-and-drinking-conduct-prophet-muhammad-m-r-jabbari/eating

The primary and ultimate Goal for sex is also the same, that you get enough strength and comfort to be able to perform worship of Allah in the proper way and to avoid sin. There is a big difference between the one who has sex only to fulfill his carnal desire and the one who has sex so that he can concentrate on Allah's worship in a better way. The later intention makes halal sex reach  a level equivalent to jihad in the way of Allah, but having sex just for the sake of bodily desire is something which even animals do. 

Context, context, context.

(3148) 3 - وعن علي بن إبراهيم، عن أبيه، عن ابن أبي عمير، عن حفص بن البختري، عن أبي عبد الله (ع) قال: قال رسول الله (ص): ما أصيب من دنياكم إلا النساء والطيب

3- And from Ali b. Ibrahim, from his father, from Hafs b. al Bakhtri, from Abi Abdillah (عليه السلام), who said: The Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) said: "Nothing strikes me from your world, except for the women and scents/perfumes."

Grading

Baqir Majlisi (Miratul Uqul, Volume 20, Page 6 : Hasan 

Bahboodi (Sahih al Kafi, Volume 3, Page 6): Sahih

Some people might object to this hadith source from a certain notorious blog; it doesn't matter; a hadith is a hadith. It depends on your level of submission to find the hikmat in them, or reject them outright.

Viewing food and sex as abhorrent necessities is a cultural, extremely ascetic worldview. Viewing anything contrary to this misguided asceticism is seen as gluttony and lust; this extremism is not the spirit of Islam; Islam favours moderation.

Search for the hadith where a wife complained of her husband to the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)); that he spent his days fasting and his nights praying i.e. he did not approach her. See how the prophet reprimanded that man.

Arguably, having relations with halal women is one of the forms of worship of Allah. Angels pray for the husband and wife when they are in bed. Search for all the blessings attached to the act of sex between husband and wife.

Also, you seem to imply that men should just have enough sex that satiates them so they can go fast and pray etc. Ever thought about it from the wife's point of view? You think she doesn't have desires? It's very selfish to just think about your needs and putting the wife's on the back burner.

• Advanced Member
22 minutes ago, Sabrejet said:

Viewing food and sex as abhorrent necessities is a cultural, extremely ascetic worldview

Who said that food and sex is an abhorrent necessity?

you seem to imply that men should just have enough sex that satiates them so they can go fast and pray etc.

No. I didn't say that at all. 

Ever thought about it from the wife's point of view? You think she doesn't have desires? It's very selfish to just think about your needs and putting the wife's on the back burner.

Again...how did you reach this conclusion that I implied that men should be selfish and ignore their wives ? 

Context, context, context

Of course. 

Edited by Anonymous-Male
  • Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, Anonymous-Male said:

Who said that ? 

Sufi and ascetic inclined Muslims throughout history, along with devout Christians in general. Their beliefs have seeped into mainstream Muslim societies in recent centuries. Look at works by Sheikh S'adi, for example.

Older generations who have graduated from Christian convent schools are notorious for these views, especially about sex.

3 minutes ago, Anonymous-Male said:

No. I didn't say that at all.

"The primary and ultimate Goal for sex is also the same, that you get enough strength and comfort to be able to perform worship of Allah in the proper way and to avoid sin. There is a big difference between the one who has sex only to fulfill his carnal desire and the one who has sex so that he can concentrate on Allah's worship in a better way."

Maybe I misinterpreted you words?

6 minutes ago, Anonymous-Male said:

Again...how did you reach this conclusion that I implied that men should be selfish and ignore their wives ? 

"The primary and ultimate Goal for sex is also the same, that you get enough strength and comfort to be able to perform worship of Allah in the proper way and to avoid sin."

In other words, just have enough sex that your mind is free from distracting thoughts. What if you reach satiation before your wife? I hope I made my implication clear?

Your next words kind of imply this too:

57 minutes ago, Anonymous-Male said:

There is a big difference between the one who has sex only to fulfill his carnal desire and the one who has sex so that he can concentrate on Allah's worship in a better way.

• Advanced Member

The difference is in the way of thinking and approach to food and sex. A person can utilize these just solely for the sake of bodily pleasure, or he can use these as mainly as tools which ultimately help in worshipping Allah. 

On the authority of Imam al-Sadiq ((عليه السلام)): " Treat bread with dignity, for Almighty Allah sent it down from the blessings of heaven." Someone asked: " How is that done?" Imam al-Sadiq replied: " By starting eating as soon as it is put on the table. Were it not for bread, we would not (be able to) pray nor fast nor perform the duties imposed by Allah."

One can see from imam's statement that bread is there for a purpose which is that we can pray and fast and perform duties imposed by Allah. If one says that he enjoys bread only for the sake of worldly pleasure, then he is ignoring the main purpose behind bread. Similarly, halal sex is not there just so that you can get physical pleasure and fulfil carnal desires. It is there for a much higher function which is to be able to worship Allah and pray a better Salah. 

Imam as-Sadiq (‘a) said: "Once a man came to my father. He (‘a) asked him whether he had a wife and he answered he had not. Then, my father said that he would not like to possess the world and what it includes but sleep one night without having a wife. Then he (‘a) added that the two rak'at prayer established by a married man is worthier than that an unmarried man keeps vigil at night praying and fasts during the day. After that, he (‘a) gave him seven golden coins (Dinar) and told him to marry with that."

We can see a clear link here between marriage and prayer. A man's ultimate goal should be that he elevates the rank of his prayer. For this, he has to get married to reach a level where his prayer gets a higher rank. The pleasure that he gets in marriage is a tool to reach that level, not the primary objective. 

2 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

The Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) said: "Nothing strikes me from your world, except for the women and scents/perfumes."

Yes. I have read that the context here is again prayer (Salah). Prophet (s) talked about women because being married to them elevates the rank of prayer and he talked about scent/perfume, because a prayer read with perfume is more loved by Allah than one without it (I think 40 times or 70 times?)

So, viewing food and sex only as means of physical pleasure without understanding their primary goal of elevating the rank of prayer isnt the most ideal thing. 

When a person understands that food is there so that he can get enough strength to pray Salah, then he will not "fall in love" with food solely for the purpose of physical satisfaction. 

The Prophet said: Abstain from overeating since it will spoil your body and cause illness and sluggishness in prayers.

Edited by Anonymous-Male
  • Advanced Member

Or, a person can realize that prayer and fasting are separate acts of worship. Enjoying the bounties of Allah is a separate act of worship. Eating and enjoying good food is an act of worship. Sharing it with friends and family is an act of worship.

Frequent sex with your wife, without shame or disgust, is an act of worship. For the wife, shedding her armour of modesty in front of her husband is an act of worship. Viewing sex as a means to "real" acts of worship like prayer and fasting isn't something commendable or carrying reward. Search for that hadith where the Prophet reprimanded that man who liked to fast and pray all the time.

Praying and fasting all the time itself is not the true spirit of Islam. We are talking about Islam, right? Not Buddhism?

(edit: Or, rather, thinking about fasting and praying all the time, the ultimate goal, is not Islam. There are various ways that Allah has given mankind for His remembrance.)

A question; if sex is so insignificant compared to namaz, what do you think the inhabitants of paradise will mostly be doing?

Edited by Sabrejet
  • Advanced Member

The Holy Prophet (S) said: "From the things of the world, I regard women and perfume highly, but prayer is the light of my eyes, (the love and worship of Allah).

Al-Khisal, vol. 1, p. 183; Bihar-ul-Anwar, vol. 76 p. 141 

All things you mentioned are worship of Allah, but the ultimate goal is prayer, and the worldly pleasures, like food and sex are there so that our prayer can get an elevated rank. 

Edited by Anonymous-Male
  • Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

Viewing sex as a means to "real" acts of worship like prayer and fasting isn't something commendable or carrying reward

Everything has its own merits and value, but there is no act of worship better than prayer. It is khayril amul. 

Prayer is "mairaj" of momin, eating food and sex is not.  

• Veteran Member
5 hours ago, Anonymous-Male said:

everything has its limits.

Yes. Of course. However the limit that pseudo-pious Sufis and ascetics presume is much more narrow than the ones that our Imams (عليه السلام) have taught about. 

4 hours ago, Anonymous-Male said:

rather than eating to become gluttonous

Strawman! 

No one has claimed that we should eat to become gluttonous.

Your cognitive biases have influenced your perception and understanding of certain texts and points.

4 hours ago, Anonymous-Male said:

The primary and ultimate Goal for sex is also the same, that you get enough strength and comfort to be able to perform worship of Allah in the proper way and to avoid sin.

You've stopped one step short of the ultimate purpose. The ultimate purpose of sex, food, and worship is to become perfect human beings, الانسان الکامل. 

Food and sex contribute to worship, just as much as worship contributes towards good (halal) food and passionate sex. 

You need to readjust your understanding of the ultimate goal. We want to be perfect humans, in every sense, sexual, physical, spiritual, emotional, and mental.

• Veteran Member

Traditions relevant to this topic

الزُهَادَةُ في الدُّنيا لَيسَت بِتَحرِيمِ الحَلالَ وَلا إِضَاعَةِ المالِ وَلكِنَّ الزُهَادَة في الدُّنيَا اَن لا تَكُونَ بِما في يَدِكَ أَوثَقَ مَنكَ بِمَا في يَدِ الله"

"Asceticism in this world is not to prohibit what is lawful or to leave wealth alone; rather, asceticism in this world is that you should not have more confidence in what is your hand than what is in the hand of God"13

Nahj al-Fasahah, Hadith 1712

Sermon 81: O people, zuhd lies in ...

O people! Abstinence (zuhd) is to shorten desires, to thank for bounties and to keep away from what is prohibited. If (all of) this is not possible then (at least) what is prohibited should not overpower your patience; and do not forget gratitude when receiving blessings For Allah has exhausted the excuses before you through clear, shining arguments and open, bright books.

أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ، الزَّهَادَةُ قِصَرُ الاْمَلِ، وَالشُّكْرُ عِنْدَ النِّعَمِ، والورعُ عِنْدَ الْـمَحَارِمِ، فَإِنْ عَزَبَ ذلِكَ عَنْكُمْ فَلاَ يَغْلِبِ الْحَرَامُ صَبْرَكُمْ، وَلاَ تَنْسَوْا عِنْدَ النِّعَمِ شُكْرَكُمْ، فَقَدْ أَعْذَرَاللهُ إِلَيْكُمْ بِحُجَجٍ مُسْفِرَةٍ ظَاهِرَةٍ، وَكُتُبٍ بَارِزَةِ الْعُذْرِ وَاضِحَةٍ.

Alternative Sources for Sermon 81

(1) Al-Saduq, Ma’ani al-'akhbar, 251;

(2) Idem., al-Khisal, I, 11;

(3) al-Barqi, al-Mahasin, 234;

(4) al- 'Amidi, Ghurar, 119;

(5) al-Fattal, Rawdah, 434;

(6) al-Tabarsi, Mishkat,106.

“I have regarded the rank of the life in this world as the rank of the dead animal. When I am forced to eat of it I eat.” Then he recited the following Words of Allah, the Exalted “(As for) that future abode, We assign it to those who have no desire to exalt themselves in the earth nor to make mischief and the good end is for those who guard (against evil).” Surah 28 Verse 83

Bihar al Anwar 78/193/7

بِحارُالأَنوار

“Whoever enters upon morning and evening and life in this world is his greatest intention, Allah will put poverty between his two eyes and scatter his affair, and he will not get anything of life in this world except that which has been allotted for him. And whoever enters upon morning and evening and the hereafter is his greatest intention, Allah will put riches into his heart and gather his affair”

al- Kafi 2319/15

الکافي

By Allah, even if I am given all the domains of the seven (stars) with all that exists under the skies in order that I may disobey Allah to the extent of snatching one grain of barley from an ant I would not do it. For me your world is lighter than the leaf in the mouth of a locust that is chewing it. What has ‘Ali to do with bounties that will pass away and pleasures that will not last? We seek protection of Allah from the slip of wisdom and the evils of mistakes, and from Him we seek succour.

وَاللهِ لَوْ أُعْطِيتُ الاْقَالِيمَ السَّبْعَةَ بِمَا تَحْتَ أَفْلاَكِهَا، عَلَى أَنْ أَعْصِيَ اللهَ فِي نَمْلَة أَسْلُبُهَا جِلْبَ شَعِيرَة مَا فَعَلْتُهُ، وَإِنَّ دُنْيَاكُمْ عِنْدِي لاَهْوَنُ مِنْ وَرَقَة فِي فَمِ جَرَادَة تَقْضَمُهَا، مَا لِعَلِيّ وَلِنَعِيم يَفْنَى، وَلَذَّة لاَ تَبْقَى!

نَعُوذُ بِاللهِ مِنْ سُبَاتِ الْعَقْلِ، وَقُبْحِ الزَّلَلِ، وَبِهِ نَسْتَعِينُ.

Alternative Sources for Sermon 223

(1) Al-Saduq, al-'Amali, 369;

(2) Sibt, Tadhkirah, 155;

(3) al-Zamakhshari, Rabi’, bab al-khayr wa al-salah;

(4) Ibn Shahr Ashub, al-Manaqib, II, 109.

• Advanced Member
16 minutes ago, SoRoUsH said:

No one has claimed that we should eat to become gluttonous.

I agree; I think our brother here seems to think eating good food, and spending on good food, is synonymous to gluttony.

Whats gluttonous about eating a small portion of a nice, delicious, well cooked meal, I ask. What's wrong with sharing it with people? For all the traditions we have about Imam Ali ((عليه السلام)) eating hard dry bread, I have yet to see an account where he gave the same to people that he invited to lunch on various occasions. The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) also served nicely cooked lamb at Dawat e Zul Ashira.

• Veteran Member
12 minutes ago, 313_Waiter said:

Traditions relevant to this topic

Let me ask you this, first. Before posting a whole bunch of random narrations, did you check the authenticity of any of them to see how they're ranked? If you haven't, do you know, yourself, which ones have acceptable isnad?

Or did you post them to perpetuate certain specific cultural dogmas, which are based on weak narrations?

• Advanced Member
44 minutes ago, Sabrejet said:

think our brother here seems to think eating good food, and spending on good food, is synonymous to gluttony.

No, that's quite a big misconception you have about me. In fact most of what you have said is just your assumptions about me because I never said or implied anything like that, at all. 

1 hour ago, SoRoUsH said:

You need to readjust your understanding of the ultimate goal.

You wouldn't have said this if you had understood what I meant. 

1 hour ago, SoRoUsH said:

We want to be perfect humans, in every sense, sexual, physical, spiritual, emotional, and mental.

There was no need for this statement because this is well understood by everyone here. 

A summary of this entire topic is this hadith. 

The Holy Prophet (S) said: "From the things of the world, I regard women and perfume highly, but prayer is the light of my eyes, (the love and worship of Allah).

Maybe if you go into the depths of this hadith, you will understand my point of view and will stop making false assumptions about me.

The Prophet regards women "highly", but the "light" of his eyes is prayer. There is a difference between sex as worship and prayer as worship. They cannot be equated with each other. This is not to demerit sex as worship, but the Prophet has conveyed a message to us....the greatest pleasure in this world, far greater than the physical pleasure of food and sex is the love of Allah in the form of prayer. Can we deny that ? 

Edited by Anonymous-Male
  • Advanced Member
21 minutes ago, SoRoUsH said:

the authenticity of any of them to see how they're ranked? If you haven't, do you know, yourself, which ones have acceptable isnad?

I wouldn't discount these traditions on the basis that the chain might be wrong; if anything, they serve as a warning to people deeply steeped in worldly pleasures; people who have lost awareness about Allah in the process.

On the other hand, the traditions shunning asceticism and disinterest in sex serve as a guide to people who have wrongly adopted misguided attitudes and practices.

• Veteran Member
3 minutes ago, Anonymous-Male said:

A summary of this entire topic is this hadith. 

Before posting this narration, did you check its sanad? I'm not saying, it's not authentic, I don't know. But I'm asking you, before posting it, did you check its sanad? 

I don't think you realize how there are so many weak narrations in our books, and how some weak narrations are only just a little bit different in matn than authentic narrations, but that little bit of difference has significant implications.

So, I ask again, did you check the sanad of the narration you posted?

6 minutes ago, Anonymous-Male said:

Maybe if you go into the depths of this hadith,

Don't!

First, check the sanad. If it's acceptable, then proceed. 

I'll wait.

8 minutes ago, Anonymous-Male said:

far greater than the physical pleasure of food and sex is the love of Allah

We eat fancy great food and have excellent passionate sex for the love of Allah, too. 

• Veteran Member
On 12/5/2020 at 3:59 AM, hasanhh said:

ln stark contrast, l prefer being the slovenly slob.

l still have unpacked boxes from when l moved fifteen years ago.

Of course, now l have forgotten what is in them.

Bismehe Ta3ala 

Assalam Alikum 

Brother, not only is it sunnah to visit the masjid, but Rasoul Allah also cared for his appearance, therefore sunnah.

To look good and doing it for the sake of Allah is seeking pleasure and closeness to Allah.

Go back to those boxes and unbox them :)

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN ALLAH 

• Veteran Member
4 minutes ago, Sabrejet said:

I wouldn't discount these traditions on the basis that the chain might be wrong; if anything, they serve as a warning to people deeply steeped in worldly pleasures; people who have lost awareness about Allah in the process.

On the other hand, the traditions shunning asceticism and disinterest in sex serve as a guide to people who have wrongly adopted misguided attitudes and practices.

I would be careful with any narration that defines Zuhd. The more I read the narrations of our Imams (عليه السلام), the more I think there's a deep misunderstanding of the concept of Zuhd, inn our time, and especially among pseudo-pious Ascetics and Sufis. 

This thread isn't necessarily about Zuhd. But before you read or believe any narration about Zuhd, check its sanad. 

• Advanced Member
15 minutes ago, SoRoUsH said:

We eat fancy great food and have excellent passionate sex for the love of Allah, too. 

Of course. I'm not disagreeing to that at all. These are great blessings of Allah and to deny them is being haughty and thankless. 

Having said that, take a look at this verse: 

"Allah hath promised to Believers, men and women, gardens under which rivers flow, to dwell therein, and beautiful mansions in gardens of everlasting bliss. But the greatest bliss is the good pleasure of Allah. That is the supreme felicity" (9:72)

The greatest bliss for a momin is not food and sex, it is something far greater and far more pleasurable. 

Edited by Anonymous-Male
  • Veteran Member
2 minutes ago, Anonymous-Male said:

The good pleasure of Allah is something much higher than physical pleasure of food and sex. So much higher that in comparison the tangible pleasures of flesh like food and sex, even in heaven will appear of a lesser value.

This is the part, which I think, you have a hard time understanding. 

Us having good passionate (halal) sex, us eating good fancy food, please Allah.

Our (halal) physical pleasures please Allah. 

Physical pleasures and spiritual pleasures are not separate or distinct. They are closely intertwined. 

We're not Catholic, or Manicheans, or pseudo-pious Sufis, or any adherents to any form of dualism.

Our spirits and bodies are two sides of the same coin. Physical pleasures (through halal means) please God and our spirits. And spiritual pleasures, such as altruism, kindness, cheerfulness, being forgiving, are good for our physical bodies and health.  

God's pleasure is the overarching greatness. Our sexual, spiritual, and physical pleasures, all, result in and lead to God's pleasure, which is the greatest. 

• Advanced Member
29 minutes ago, SoRoUsH said:

This is the part, which I think, you have a hard time understanding

No, I think you have still  misunderstood me, or maybe I have not explained myself in a more clearer manner. 

29 minutes ago, SoRoUsH said:

Us having good passionate (halal) sex, us eating good fancy food, please Allah.

Our (halal) physical pleasures please Allah. 

I never said halal sex and food displeases Allah. Halal sex is an act of worship which can be equivalent to jihad, I already said that. But these physical pleasures of flesh are nonetheless inferior than the far greater pleasure a true momin would get from prayer (Salah). Our imams spent hours and hours in sajdah simply because of the pleasure they felt in bowing in front of Allah. This pleasure they felt cannot be compared to the pleasure they got from eating food. 

I have heard that when zulekha got married to Prophet Yousaf (عليه السلام), she did not go near him for several days and spent all the time in worship of Allah because she felt the pleasure of worshipping Allah more than the physical pleasures of marriage - in stark contrast to her previous action where she was overcome by sexual desire.  I'm not suggesting that anyone should follow her footsteps and avoid contact with newly married spouse for several days, but this story shows that true momins can feel that the pleasure in worship of Allah (prayer/Salah) can be far greater than tangible pleasures of food and sex.

I'm not applying this point on myself or other ordinary people whose prayer is of very inferior quality, such that we don't derive much pleasure from it anyway. I'm only referring to how a true momin, one who is far higher in rank than ordinary people, would feel. For them, nothing is more pleasurable than prayer. 

Edited by Anonymous-Male
Guest Molana Laddan

JazakAllah for picking up this topic brother. Western, Indian, Persian, & Pagan cultures have trained men to live like animals while putting added weight on the women to look after themselves. 

Islam is obviously a stark contrast, even though majority Muslim men don’t adhere to these.

Hadith like, {all directed to men} I don’t want you to go to bed without flossing, without brushing, without using restroom, without wudhu, don’t want you to be without perfume at any time, leaving pubic hair would make your salat less in quality, not combing hair daily would reduce your Rizq, don’t want you to wear tattered clothing, cut your nails every Thursday or Friday - if not needed at least file them, do ghusl every day, sometime twice a day.

All of these are literal words from the Hadith of Prophet and Ahlulbayt.

أبو علي الأشعري عن محمد بن عبد الجبار، عن صفوان، عن بريد عن مالك بن أعين قال: دخلت على أبي جعفر عليه السلام وعليه ملحفة حمراء جديدة شديدة الحمرة فتبسمت حين دخلت فقال: كأني أعلم لم ضحكت، ضحكت من هذا الثوب الذي هو علي إن الثقفية أكرهتني عليه وأنا أحبها فأكرهتني على لبسها. 

I once visited Imam Abi Jafar AS (Imam Muhammad al Baqar), and saw him wearing red colored clothes. I smiled. Imam noticed and said I know what’s making you smile, you are bemused at my clothes. Then Imam mentioned that he has a wife from the Bani Thaqif, she likes him to wear these clothes, and that he also likes it that he wears it for her liking. (my loose translation)

الکافی، ج٦، ص٤٤٧.