Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Love women, and prepare for them by dying your hair black!

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

Salam, 

Follow the steps of our Imams (عليه السلام).

Here are a couple of Saheeh narrations: 

أَحْمَدُ بْنُ مُحَمَّدٍ عَنِ الْعَبَّاسِ بْنِ مُوسَى الْوَرَّاقِ عَنْ أَبِي الْحَسَنِ ع قَالَ دَخَلَ قَوْمٌ عَلَى أَبِي جَعْفَرٍ ع فَرَأَوْهُ مُخْتَضِباً بِالسَّوَادِ فَسَأَلُوهُ فَقَالَ إِنِّي رَجُلٌ أُحِبُّ النِّسَاءَ وَ أَنَا أَتَصَنَّعُ لَهُنَّ 

al-‘Abbas ibn Musa al-Warraq has said the following: “Abu al-Hassan, ‘Alayhi al-Salam, has said that once a group of people visited abu Ja‘far, ‘Alayhi al-Salam, and they saw him with black dye applied to his hairs. They asked him about it and he (the Imam) said, ‘I am a man who loves women and I pretend before them.’

عَلِيُّ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ عَنْ أَبِيهِ وَ مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ إِسْمَاعِيلَ عَنِ الْفَضْلِ بْنِ شَاذَانَ جَمِيعاً عَنِ ابْنِ أَبِي عُمَيْرٍ عَنْ إِبْرَاهِيمَ بْنِ عَبْدِ الْحَمِيدِ عَنْ أَبِي الْحَسَنِ ع قَالَ فِي الْخِضَابِ ثَلَاثُ خِصَالٍ مَهْيَبَةٌ فِي الْحَرْبِ وَ مَحَبَّةٌ إِلَى النِّسَاءِ وَ يَزِيدُ فِي الْبَاهِ 

Ibrahim ibn ‘Abd al-Hamid who said the following: “Abu al-Hassan, ‘Alayhi al-Salam, has said, ‘In al-Khidab (applying hair dye) there are three positive qualities. It shows one’s firmness in war, love of women and increase in sexual desire.’”

In another Mawththaq narration, the Imam (عليه السلام) refers to dying one's hair black as preparing for women, as in getting ready to be with them. And one reason that women leave their husbands is because the latter do not prepare for them.  "Preparation" within the context of sex and intercourse could mean foreplay but also looking good for sex. In other words, show your wives that you appreciate and enjoy and want to have sex with them. Increase your libido by dying your hair black, and approach your wives with love and lust (high sexual desire.)

I hope by now, considering many of my previous posts, it is clear that our imams (عليه السلام) loved and appreciated having sex with women and intentionally prepared for doing so. Let's discard the old outdated non-Shia Catholic/Manchean ascetic and monastic view of sex and sexual/carnal desires. 

Edited by Hameedeh
change in title
  • Advanced Member

It is clear that the Imams loved and appreciated being well-kept and maintained a well groomed appearance among their spouses, they were also known for their great modesty and temperance. 

The Imams taught their Shia many lessons, such as the importance of building healthy habits and bonds with their spouse(s) and exercising certain realities of life without necessarily boasting about their great love for recreational activities which are in the end private.

Indeed the commander of the faithful is known to have stated his dismay towards the man who constantly speaks of their stomach and their private part i.e. sex.  

Edit:

الإمامُ عليٌّ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ): أمْقَتُ العبادِ إلَى اللّه‏ِ سبحانه مَن كانَ هِمَّتُهُ (هَمُّهُ) بطنَهُ وفَرْجَهُ 

Imam Ali (عليه السلام) said, ‘The person most despised by Allah, the Exalted, from among His creatures is the one whose greatest concerns are [sating the appetite of] his stomach and his private parts.

Source: 

GHURAR AL-HIKAM, NUMBER:3294

Edited by Mohammad313Ali
Added Hadith
  • Veteran Member
17 minutes ago, Mohammad313Ali said:

It is clear that the Imams loved and appreciated being well-kept and maintained a well groomed appearance among their spouses, they were also known for their great modesty and temperance. 

The Imams taught their Shia many lessons, such as the importance of building healthy habits and bonds with their spouse(s) and exercising certain realities of life without necessarily boasting about their great love for recreational activities which are in the end private.

Indeed the commander of the faithful is known to have stated his dismay towards the man who constantly speaks of their stomach and their private part i.e. sex.  

Edit:

الإمامُ عليٌّ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ): أمْقَتُ العبادِ إلَى اللّه‏ِ سبحانه مَن كانَ هِمَّتُهُ (هَمُّهُ) بطنَهُ وفَرْجَهُ 

Imam Ali (عليه السلام) said, ‘The person most despised by Allah, the Exalted, from among His creatures is the one whose greatest concerns are [sating the appetite of] his stomach and his private parts.

Source: 

GHURAR AL-HIKAM, NUMBER:3294

Any sanad for this narration? If not, then I wouldn't care for it.

• Veteran Member

Here's another relevant Saheeh narration:

مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ يَحْيَى عَنْ أَحْمَدَ بْنِ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عِيسَى عَنْ مُعَمَّرِ بْنِ خَلَّادٍ عَنْ أَبِي الْحَسَنِ ع قَالَ ثَلَاثٌ مَنْ عَرَفَهُنَّ لَمْ يَدَعْهُنَّ جَزُّ الشَّعْرِ وَ تَشْمِيرُ الثِّيَابِ وَ نِكَاحُ الْإِمَاءِ 

Mu’ammar ibn Khallad has said the following:

“Abu al-Hassan, ‘Alayhi al-Salam, has said, ‘If one comes to know of three things he will not ignore them. They are clipping hairs, rolling up clothes and going to bed with slave-girls.’”

• Veteran Member
38 minutes ago, Mohammad313Ali said:

ln stark contrast, l prefer being the slovenly slob.

l still have unpacked boxes from when l moved fifteen years ago.

Of course, now l have forgotten what is in them.

• Advanced Member
45 minutes ago, SoRoUsH said:

الْإِمَاءِ

This doesn't have to necessarily translate to slave-girls, a more accurate translation would simply be 'women'. 

• Veteran Member

Isn’t dyeing also a sign of the day of judgement?

وَ رَأَيْتَ التَّأْنِيثَ فِي وُلْدِ الْعَبَّاسِ قَدْ ظَهَرَ وَ أَظْهَرُوا الْخِضَابَ وَ امْتَشَطُوا كَمَا تَمْتَشِطُ الْمَرْأَةُ لِزَوْجِهَا وَ أَعْطَوُا الرِّجَالَ الْأَمْوَالَ عَلَى فُرُوجِهِمْ وَ تُنُوفِسَ فِي الرَّجُلِ وَ تَغَايَرَ عَلَيْهِ الرِّجَالُ وَ كَانَ صَاحِبُ الْمَالِ أَعَزَّ مِنَ الْمُؤْمِنِ وَ كَانَ الرِّبَا ظَاهِراً لَا يُعَيَّرُ وَ كَانَ الزِّنَا تُمْتَدَحُ بِهِ النِّسَاءُ 

And you will see feminine in the progeny of Al-`Abbaas becoming apparent, and dyeing becoming apparent and combing like the combing of women for their husbands and men are awarded money for their sexual organs, and compete with a man, and dissimilarities for men and people of money are cherished from the believers, and ribaa (usury) becoming apparent and it is not taunted, and zinaa (adultery) praised in women.

http://www.revivingalislam.com/2011/04/signs-of-day-of-judgment.html

Source:

1.     Al-Kulayni, Al-Kaafi, vol. 8, pg. 36 – 42, hadeeth # 7

Grading:

1.       Al-Majlisi said this hadeeth is Hasan (Good)
à Mir’aat Al-`Uqool, vol. 25, pg. 91

Breakdown of the isnaad (chain of narrators):

This hadeeth goes through two chains of narrators, I will focus on the second chain since that is the one that is authentic.

علي بن إبراهيم عن أبيه عن ابن أبي عمير عن محمد بن أبي حمزة عن حمران قال

علي بن إبراهيم (`Alee bin Ibraaheem Al-Qumi) is thiqah (trustworthy) according to:

1.     Al-Najaashee, Rijaal, pg. 260, person # 680

2.     Ibn Dawood, Rijaal, pg. 237, person # 998

3.     Al-Hillee, Al-KhulaaSah, pg. 100, person # 45

أبيه (Ibraaheem bin Haashim Al-Qummee) is praised / thiqah according to:

1.     Al-Najaashee, Rijaal, pg. 16, person # 18

2.     Al-Toosi, Al-Fihrist, pg. 12, person # 6

3.     Ibn Dawood, Rijaal, pg. 20, person # 43

4.     Al-Hillee, Al-KhulaaSah, pg. 5, person # 9

ابن أبي عمير (Muhammad bin Abee `Umayr) is thiqah (trustworthy) according to:

1.     Al-Najaashee, Rijaal, pg. 326, person # 887

2.     Al-Toosi, Al-Fihrist, pg. 404, person # 618

3.     Al-Toosi, Rijaal, pg. 265, person # 5413

4.     Ibn Dawood, Rijaal, pg. 277, person # 1250

5.     Al-Hillee, Al-KhulaaSah, pg. 140, person # 16

مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ أَبِي حَمْزَةَ (Muhammad bin Abee Hamzah) is thiqah (trustworthy) according to:

1.     Al-Kashee, Rijaal, pg. 406, saying # 761

2.     Ibn Dawood, Rijaal, pg. 286, person # 1246

3.     Al-Hillee, Al-KhulaaSah, pg. 152, person # 71

حُمْرَانَ (Humraan bin A`yan) is praised according to:

1.     Ibn Dawood, Rijaal, pg. 134, person # 518

2.     Al-Hillee, Al-KhulaaSah, pg. 61, person # 5

• Advanced Member
8 minutes ago, 313_Waiter said:

Isn’t dyeing also a sign of the day of judgement?

Salaam, 

The narration you narrated actually deals with love of this world. 

Dying is good as a necessity. Just like establishing legal sexual relationships is good as a necessity. But going too far into this. Like it said 'common', indicates the love of this world. 

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, SoRoUsH said:

Any sanad for this narration? If not, then I wouldn't care for it.

Bihar Al-Anwar, v. 77, p. 104, no. 1 

- According to Mizan Al- Hikmah 

Edited by Mohammad313Ali
  • Hameedeh changed the title to Love women, and prepare for them by dying your hair black!
  • Advanced Member
16 minutes ago, SoRoUsH said:

There is no sanad for this narration. Therefore,  I wouldn't care for it.

It’s from Mizan Al-Hikmah, as you know it’s a bunch of compiled aphorisms and sayings which are Mu’tabar, I also gave you the source from Bihar in the book.

• Veteran Member
2 minutes ago, Mohammad313Ali said:

It’s from Mizan Al-Hikmah, as you know it’s a bunch of compiled aphorisms and sayings which are Mu’tabar, I also gave you the source from Bihar in the book.

If there's no sanad, then it's not acceptable. I could not find it in Bihar. At most, it's a derivative of a longer sermon, from Khisal, which has a weak sanad. So, overall, it's a weak narration. 

Here's the overarching point that is often missed: 

Enjoying Allah's blessings properly and to the fullest is good, whether we are talking about sex with women or food. It's good to enjoy fancy expensive foods. It is good to have and enjoy great sex with women. Do what ever you can to have sex with your women lustfully and passionately (with high sexual desires). They are Allah's blessings to you, praise Allah for such blessings and appreciate them to the fullest.

The outdated archaid ascetic/sufi/monastic view on sex is not a Shia view of it. Our imams (عليه السلام) loved women and enjoyed having sex with them, and intentionally prepared to have passionate sex with their women. If this is hard for you to accept, it's because you have been brainwashed by non-shia cultural traditions.

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, SoRoUsH said:

I could not find it in Bihar.

I also took a look in volume 77 of Bihar , pages 100-104, but couldn't find it. I searched around a little and although it has been quoted here and there, the chain didn't seem to be included. 

I agree with your general point that legitimate sexual relations are not at all looked down upon in our religious texts, rather they are highly praised and given quite a lot of emphasis. 

Edited by Mahdavist
  • Advanced Member
15 hours ago, Mohammad313Ali said:

I have seen something akin to this in a member's signature over the years; unfortunately I can't recall or find the exact words. They were attributed to a companion who was neutral in Jamal (on neither side), not Moula Ali ((عليه السلام)). I may be mistaken. Still, I agree that speaking about your marital life without valid reason (i.e. in vain) is condemnable.

15 hours ago, Mohammad313Ali said:

True. There's nothing wrong with this. This is clearly condemning the hedonistic lifestyle i.e. someone who's priority/endeavor/concern (هِمَّتُهُ) is worldly pleasure. This is unanimously condemned by our Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) and Aima ((عليه السلام)).

Nothing about here says that wanting, preparing for, and having halal relations, is something undesirable, taboo, weakness of faith, weakness of nafs, a sin etc. These views are a remnant of the world's colonial hangover; unfortunately a lot of their views have clung on in most societies.

Edited by Sabrejet
  • Advanced Member

It’s more an idea of accepting those blessings, but not boasting about them between others. Does it make sense to sit in gatherings and tell others how much you love sex? The carnal desires are present and there is a halal means to satiate them, not taking the route of monasticism and also not taking the one in which it is implied that intercourse is to be taken in the form of informing others (openly) of the blessing which Allah has bestowed them . There needs to be decorum and the Imams were champions of it, you don’t need to accept the aphorism I shared, but in reality reason and the intellect can clearly deduce that the Imams weren’t hedonists in the sense that they loved sex so much they would jump on any slave girl - do we forget Imam Ali used to have difficulty breaking his bread? Did he not describe the pious believer as being pale with a a frail body.

• Advanced Member
25 minutes ago, Mahdavist said:

I agree with your general point that legitimate sexual relations are not at all looked down upon in our religious texts, rather they are highly praised and given quite a lot of emphasis. 

The point the brother is inadvertently making is that the Imams were in a way infatuated with intercourse. 

• Moderators

Men only bathe to attain consent for sex? Maybe a husband just wants his wife to feel pleased to be married to him. 

The assumption that basic grooming is only to attain consent for sex is derogatory to men and offensive. 

• Advanced Member

Arguably, according to our Imams, the greatest pleasure for believers in this world or the next is women (in a halal way of course). We also have the hadith, which I'm sure most people know, that the only three plays of a momin are archery, horse riding, and foreplay (with your wife, slave girl etc). Of course I'm in no way implying that they were infatuated with it. Their only infatuation was with Allah.

This is where most people get squeamish.

• Veteran Member
16 minutes ago, Mohammad313Ali said:

The point the brother is inadvertently making is that the Imams were in a way infatuated with intercourse. 

Nope! And I have no idea how you perceived it this. 

The Imams (عليه السلام) love women, enjoyed having passionate sex with their women, and prepared for having passionate sex. This is what I said, and I said it because it's been explicitly said in numerous narrations. 

Everything beyond this is a fabrication of your mind. 

• Veteran Member

It's important to know this about our Imams (عليه السلام) for the following reasons:

1. Sex with women is great,and we ought to have sex with women (those permitted to us), frequently. 

2. We ought to love women and intentionally prepare for passionate sex with them. 

3. We ought to discard wifi/ascetic/monastic view of sex and sexual desires. It has no place in our deen. 

4. We ought unlearn cultural traditions that have been passed on for generations, regarding sex and sexual desires. 

5. Sex with women is a blessing from Allah, and to view it with anything other than love, is the opposite of religious.

6. There are important metaphysical implications. In our deen, there's no spirit-vs-flesh concept, as it is in Christianity and especially Catholism. Quenching the desires of the flesh, frequently but within the permitted boundary, will in no way weaken the spirit. This is a false archaic belief held by dualists, such as Manicheans, Catholics, some Sufis and some Sunnis. 

And more ...

• Veteran Member
28 minutes ago, Mohammad313Ali said:

You see it as "infatuation", because you're far off on the extreme end of the spectrum, when it comes to sex and quenching sexual desires. There's nothing in what I said, nothing in those narrations, that implies infatuation.

• Veteran Member
57 minutes ago, Mahdavist said:

I agree with your general point that legitimate sexual relations are not at all looked down upon in our religious texts, rather they are highly praised and given quite a lot of emphasis

We need to be clear about "legitimate" means. Dualists (Catholics/Manicheans/Ascetics/Monastics) may agree with your statement about "legitimate relations", yet for them the scope of "legitimate" is very narrow. 

In our deen, its scope is much wider. We are encouraged to love women, love having passionate sex with them, and do so frequently. This is the scope of "legitimate" in our deen. Our deen, of courses, has its boundary, too, but it's not what seems to be culturally agreed upon. And we need to break these cultural attitudes regarding sex and sexual desires. 

• Advanced Member
38 minutes ago, Mohammad313Ali said:

It’s more an idea of accepting those blessings, but not boasting about them between others. Does it make sense to sit in gatherings and tell others how much you love sex? The carnal desires are present and there is a halal means to satiate them, not taking the route of monasticism and also not taking the one in which it is implied that intercourse is to be taken in the form of informing others (openly) of the blessing which Allah has bestowed them . There needs to be decorum and the Imams were champions of it, you don’t need to accept the aphorism I shared, but in reality reason and the intellect can clearly deduce that the Imams weren’t hedonists in the sense that they loved sex so much they would jump on any slave girl - do we forget Imam Ali used to have difficulty breaking his bread? Did he not describe the pious believer as being pale with a a frail body.

Like I said brother, realize those blessing but going as far as to boast about them which is what you're implying the Imams did is problematic. In reality they said these things because the Arabs at the time did not have good grooming habits to put it lightly, but they were indeed interested in intercourse, therefore, the Imams cleverly showed them the importance of growing by highlighting it would lead to enjoyable and passionate sex - not them boasting about it, but inadvertently teaching the important habit of being cleanly and grooming oneself for their spouse. Not all that our Imams say is to be taken in the very literal sense and it is not them speaking about their own hobbies which they enjoy and love, I get you have a issue with cultures and their negative connotations towards sex, for example Mut'ah, etc. But it is important to not take things out of the context, which is the Imams teaching a lesson instead of boasting about their love for intercourse. 

16 hours ago, SoRoUsH said:

Let's discard the old outdated non-Shia Catholic/Manchean ascetic and monastic view of sex and sexual/carnal desires. 

I believe shias do not adhere to non-shia asceticism. Our religion says like you desire your wife to look beautiful she also want that you look beautiful too. 

• Advanced Member

I'll probably get attacked for this. Note: I don't usually quote hadith on purpose, unless someone asks me to, for the sake of conciseness.

The hadith where Imam Jafar ((عليه السلام))said that Allah put 9 parts desire in women, and 1 part in men? And to counter act that desire, He gave them equal parts modesty and patience?

That is true. A woman truly desires intimacy with her husband if she deeply loves her husband. I'm not talking about the platonic kind of love where the husband is kind, caring, and makes her feel safe and secure.

I'm talking specifically about the love women have for well-built, well-groomed, confident, decisive men. Women who aren't your wife (or even your wife) will almost never, ever tell you this; it's a well kept secret. This is something that men have to discover themselves, and nowadays it usually takes a hurtful experience to come to this realization.

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, SoRoUsH said:

We need to be clear about "legitimate" means. Dualists (Catholics/Manicheans/Ascetics/Monastics) may agree with your statement about "legitimate relations", yet for them the scope of "legitimate" is very narrow. 

In our deen, its scope is much wider. We are encouraged to love women, love having passionate sex with them, and do so frequently. This is the scope of "legitimate" in our deen. Our deen, of courses, has its boundary, too, but it's not what seems to be culturally agreed upon. And we need to break these cultural attitudes regarding sex and sexual desires. 

I agree, the legitimacy I referred to was in the context of permissible women. 

• Moderators

A lot halal sex is nothing but extreme blessing from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). It will only make you to be more thankful to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). Same goes with food and knowledge. These are common things in paradise, a taste of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) mercy.

• Advanced Member
On 12/6/2020 at 12:26 AM, Abu Nur said:

A lot halal sex is nothing but extreme blessing from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). It will only make you to be more thankful to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). Same goes with food and knowledge. These are common things in paradise, a taste of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) mercy.

Eating a lot of food is not a blessing of Allah. There are numerous traditions where eating excessive food is frowned upon and disliked by Islam. Imam Ali as.  never in his life ate till his stomach was full. Sleeping with a full stomach is also an undesirable thing in Islam. There are numerous reasons mentioned in Islamic texts about the dangerous of excessive eating. 

"Excessively Enjoying" food or having a " love for food " is not the characteristic of a true momin. Imam Ali as. was once given a glass full of some juice. He dipped his finger in it and then licked his finger. He then pushed the glass away. Someone asked him if he didn't like the juice. He said he pushed it away because he liked it. This shows that having control over your desire to eat good food is recommended by Islam.

This can be applied to sexual desire too. Being preoccupied with sexual desire to excessive levels or boasting to others how much you love sex with your wife is against Islamic ethics. 

I believe there are traditions from imam that excessive indulgence in sex reduces life span. I'm not sure how authentic this is but it goes in line with the principles of moderation in consumption of food. 

Halal food and Halal sex are indeed blessings of Allah, no doubt. But for a true momin, the greatest pleasure in life is not sex - it is prayer (Salah). Food and sex are there so that you can concentrate on your Salah - which is the main goal, the main pleasure, the main interest of a true momin. So, the one who understands the true importance of Salah will not feel any over obsession with food and sex, but will only use these to be able to concentrate on Salah. 

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Anonymous-Male said:

Eating a lot of food is not a blessing of Allah. There are numerous traditions where eating excessive food is frowned upon and disliked by Islam. Imam Ali as.  never in his life ate till his stomach was full. Sleeping with a full stomach is also an undesirable thing in Islam. There are numerous reasons mentioned in Islamic texts about the dangerous of excessive eating. 

"Excessively Enjoying" food or having a " love for food " is not the characteristic of a true momin. Imam Ali as. was once given a glass full of some juice. He dipped his finger in it and then licked his finger. He then pushed the glass away. Someone asked him if he didn't like the juice. He said he pushed it away because he liked it. This shows that having control over your desire to eat good food is recommended by Islam.

This can be applied to sexual desire too. Being preoccupied with sexual desire to excessive levels or boasting to others how much you love sex with your wife is against Islamic ethics. 

I believe there are traditions from imam that excessive indulgence in sex reduces life span. I'm not sure how authentic this is but it goes in line with the principles of moderation in consumption of food. 

Halal food and Halal sex are indeed blessings of Allah, no doubt. But for a true momin, the greatest pleasure in life is not sex - it is prayer (Salah). Food and sex are there so that you can concentrate on your Salah - which is the main goal, the main pleasure, the main interest of a true momin. So, the one who understands the true importance of Salah will not feel any over obsession with food and sex, but will only use these to be able to concentrate on Salah. 

No one is saying do it so much that it would be not healthy and dangerous and haram. The problem with people is this mentality of that controlling desire means cut eating food and fast and reduce sex so much. But why to cut something that is halal to us and using it often we can be more thankful and get greater reward?

The Prophet (S) said: “He who eats and gives thanks will have the reward of him who fasts purely for the sake of Allah. He who gives thanks and enjoys good health will have the same reward of him who practices patience in his illness. He whom is conferred with graces and gives thanks will have the same reward of him whom is deprived and satisfied1.”

Desire should be controlled by halal ways such that it does not lead you to do haram.

Edited by Abu Nur
  • Veteran Member
19 hours ago, Anonymous-Male said:

Eating a lot of food is not a blessing of Allah.

Excessive eating is detestable. We ought to eat until the point of feeling full. Our stomachs should not be heavy/full with food. This is not the issue, as we all know overeating is abhorrent.

Food is a blessing from Allah, and we are permitted and, in fact, encouraged, to buy fancy food, even if expensive, and enjoy it, especially with friends and family. 

In short, eat excellent high-quality food, even if expensive, but do not eat too much. 

having a " love for food " is not the characteristic of a true momin.

This is inaccurate. We love food, because it is blessing from Allah, and we love all of Allah's blessings, including food and sex with women. 

We are encouraged to have great sex and eat great food. Simple! We thank God for such blessings and enjoy them. Simple!

Being preoccupied with sexual desire

No one is talking about "being preoccupied" with sex or food. The reason that you and others even think this as soon as someone talks about loving and appreciating food and sex is because of non-shia cultural influences, who have encouraged a rejection of all worldly pleasures. This cultural view is simply incorrect. 

Food and sex are worldly pleasures that we are encouraged to appreciate and enjoy to the fullest. They are the same blessings that we receive in paradise, and by sampling them in this world, we increase our appetite for the gifts of paradise in the next life. 

I'm not sure how authentic this is

This is precisely the problem! 

Find what's authentic first, before repeating cultural dogmas based on inauthentic/weak narrations.

Remember these two words: Cultural Dogma

Food and sex are there so that you can concentrate on your Salah

Nope!

Another pseudo-pious cultural dogma. 

They are there for our total mental, physical, sexual, spiritual, and emotional well-being. 

the one who understands the true importance of Salah will not feel any over obsession with food and sex, but will only use these to be able to concentrate on Salah. 

Nope!

Pseudo-pious cultural dogma, again. 

Salah is extremely important, so are having good sex, and enjoying great food. 

God doesn't need our salah. Salah is important, like sex and food, for our total mental, physical, sexual, spiritual, and emotional well-being. 

We are multi-dimensional beings, and all dimensions need attention, not just the spiritual dimension.

• Veteran Member

Some people in our communities are like pseudo-pious dervishes and Sufis, walking around in rough wool outfits, and pretending that dressing poorly makes them more pious than others, forgetting that our Imams (عليه السلام) used to dress well. 

• Veteran Member
6 hours ago, SoRoUsH said:

Some people in our communities are like pseudo-pious dervishes and Sufis, walking around in rough wool outfits, and pretending that dressing poorly makes them more pious than others, forgetting that our Imams (عليه السلام) used to dress well. 

I don't think people feel the need to dress poorly, adopting a constant holier than thou attitude is enough for most.

Edited by Ali_Hussain