Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Quran and the Human Species

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

:bismillah:

السلام عليكم

So it is well known based on archeological and DNA evidence that on this earth there has existed a multitude of different human species be it the Homo Sapiens, Neanderthals, Homo Erectus etc.

What does the Quran say about this? Is there any evidence towards this being legitimate or any verses talking about different types of humans?

Some have used verses 2:30, 2:31 and 2:32 in the Quran to prove that there were other types of humans on Earth before Adam (عليه السلام) and that Adam (عليه السلام) was the first one to get cognitive abilities.
They say how else would the Angels know what humans would do on Earth if there didn't exist any.

:bismillah:

And when your Lord said to the angels, “Indeed, I will make upon the earth a successive authority.” They said, “Will You place upon it one who causes corruption therein and sheds blood, while we declare Your praise and sanctify You?” Allah said, “Indeed, I know that which you do not know.” [2:30]

And Allah taught Adam the names — all of them. Then Allah showed them to the angels and said, “Inform Me of the names of these, if you are truthful.” [2:31]

They said, “Exalted are You; we have no knowledge except what You have taught us. Indeed, it is You who is the Knowing, the Wise.” [2:32]

Allah said, “O Adam, inform them of their names.” And when he had informed them of their names, Allah said, “Did I not tell you that I know the unseen [aspects] of the heavens and the earth? And I know what you reveal and what you have concealed.” [2:32]

صدق الله العظيم

Let me know what you think, I think this will be a great discussion and surely something positive will come out of it InshaAllah.

• Advanced Member
On 12/1/2020 at 7:49 PM, Mohannad Ibn Haydar said:

What does the Quran say about this? Is there any evidence towards this being legitimate or any verses talking about different types of humans?

Quran has clarified at different places that before human beings too their were species on the earth like Human beings in structure but they were a different creature. 

I am unable to find that verse. If you can check it then do let me know. 

Their is a verse that says that Allah can remove humans from the earth or replace humans with something else just like Allah established us in the place of those who came before us.  

• Advanced Member
10 hours ago, Zainuu said:

Quran has clarified at different places that before human beings too their were species on the earth like Human beings in structure but they were a different creature. 

I am unable to find that verse. If you can check it then do let me know. 

Their is a verse that says that Allah can remove humans from the earth or replace humans with something else just like Allah established us in the place of those who came before us.  

Ahh ok I see, yeah I understand. I'll try to look for that verse, thank you!