Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

72 out of 73 sects will go to Hell Fire

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

I am sure everyone is familiar with the Hadīth from the Prophet where he says that from his Ummah 73 sects will arise and only one of them will survive, the remainder will be in hellfire. 

This Hadīth has really troubled and saddened me, I am a Shia and believe based on my research which is continuous that this sect is the correct one, but I can’t see why our Prophet will say that out of all these sects which sincerely want to follow his teachings and worship Allah in the correct manner will go to hell, there has to be another explanation.

For example there are cases where even within our own sect there are “scholars” doing takfir on one another and showing enmity to each other. I don’t believe that the Shahada al Thalatha is a part of Adhan and you have some within our school who will go far as to say my Ibadah is wrong for so and so reason. 

In the end what I am seeking to get at is it does not make sense to me why 72 sects would go to hell when they were sincere in following the Prophet and why even within this supposed saved sect (Shiism) there are scholars within it doing takfir on one another. 

If the case is the one who is in hell would be the one who saw the truth and opposed it, then what you are saying is that everyone will go to heaven. In reality we are all brainwashed in one way or another and our beliefs are really presupposed from birth, culture, etc.

Even hitler and his likes believed what they were doing was right and so forth. Therefore, what is the use of saying they will go to hell if it had became evident for them and still opposed it, how do you define evident? I don’t believe humans would oppose that which is evident even iblees didn’t do that he simply disobeyed his creator from arrogance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
  • Advanced Member
6 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I am sure everyone is familiar with the Hadīth from the Prophet where he says that from his Ummah 73 sects will arise and only one of them will survive, the remainder will be in hellfire. 

This Hadīth has really troubled and saddened me, I am a Shia and believe based on my research which is continuous that this sect is the correct one, but I can’t see why our Prophet will say that out of all these sects which sincerely want to follow his teachings and worship Allah in the correct manner will go to hell, there has to be another explanation.

For example there are cases where even within our own sect there are “scholars” doing takfir on one another and showing enmity to each other. I don’t believe that the Shahada al Thalatha is a part of Adhan and you have some within our school who will go far as to say my Ibadah is wrong for so and so reason. 

In the end what I am seeking to get at is it does not make sense to me why 72 sects would go to hell when they were sincere in following the Prophet and why even within this supposed saved sect (Shiism) there are scholars within it doing takfir on one another. 

If the case is the one who is in hell would be the one who saw the truth and opposed it, then what you are saying is that everyone will go to heaven. In reality we are all brainwashed in one way or another and our beliefs are really presupposed from birth, culture, etc.

Even hitler and his likes believed what they were doing was right and so forth. Therefore, what is the use of saying they will go to hell if it had became evident for them and still opposed it, how do you define evident? I don’t believe humans would oppose that which is evident even iblees didn’t do that he simply disobeyed his creator from arrogance. 
 

 

 

Salam,

 

the way I make sense of this is that the correct “sect” is the sect that seeks unity and follows the middle path.  the correct sect can therefore be compromised of Shias, Sunnis, Wahhabis, Salafis. Ismailis, Bohora, almost anyone!  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

The biggest lesson in this hadith is to realise that any one of us could go to hell; to remain humble, and never talk in a way like we have crossed the sirat over hell safely already, and now are back to give tips on how it is done. You and I could end up in hell, and there is no guarantee for anybody. There is just hope and fear. 

Iblis knows that there is one God, that Mohamed is his prophet, and that imam Ali is his caliph. Iblis according to the quran FEARS Allah even. This shows that knowledge alone isn't enough. Just because we know the truth about Quran and ahl bayt, it does not mean that we are forgiven. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
1 hour ago, eThErEaL said:

Isn’t this a hardline approach?

On the contrary, this is the most merciful interpretation I have seen thus far (I don’t know if Sunnis have such lenient interpretations and hadiths). It literally says most Muslims aren’t even part of the 73 sects:

A343A55B-DD1E-403D-BA19-F8873599722B.jpeg.ad716631a60748eec300e19a306e1ff6.jpeg

Edited by 313_Waiter
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
23 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I am sure everyone is familiar with the Hadīth from the Prophet where he says that from his Ummah 73 sects will arise and only one of them will survive, the remainder will be in hellfire. 

This Hadīth has really troubled and saddened me, I am a Shia and believe based on my research which is continuous that this sect is the correct one, but I can’t see why our Prophet will say that out of all these sects which sincerely want to follow his teachings and worship Allah in the correct manner will go to hell, there has to be another explanation.

The following links are my own research on this subject. It confirms that the prophet a,s should be obeyed by quran and his Ahl albayt (عليه السلام) 

wasalam

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
2 hours ago, 313_Waiter said:

On the contrary, this is the most merciful interpretation I have seen thus far (I don’t know if Sunnis have such lenient interpretations and hadiths). It literally says most Muslims aren’t even part of the 73 sects:

A343A55B-DD1E-403D-BA19-F8873599722B.jpeg.ad716631a60748eec300e19a306e1ff6.jpeg

I must have not read read carefully.  Sorry.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
14 hours ago, Muslim2010 said:

The following links are my own research on this subject. It confirms that the prophet a,s should be obeyed by the quran and his Ahl albayt (عليه السلام) 

 

Correction:

The following links are my own research on this subject. It confirms that the prophet a,s should be obeyed by  FOLLOWING the quran and his Ahl albayt (عليه السلام) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...