Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Who’s the most knowledgeable after Sayyid Sistani (حفظه الله)

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

السلام عليكم

When reading Obligatory percaution  Fatwas and deciding to look at another Marji’, who is the second most knowledgeable?

This question has come up so many times in recent gatherings. I am wondering what Scholars have said about this. A scholar friend of mine said that he asked Ahlul Khibra and they told him Sayyid Al-‘Hakeem is. Another told me Sheikh Waheed Al-Khorasani is.

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, Diaz said:

I think many Shi’a focus on who is the most knowledgeable, I’ve never heard about who is the 2nd most knowledgeable. How did your friend know?

He asked Ahlul Khibra or Ahlul Ilm (People who are deemed to be knowledgeable in these things).

• Moderators

Technically every recognized marja who has been certified as a'lam by two of their teachers would fall under the category of 'most knowledgeable' so I think it doesn't matter too much whether you refer to Sheikh al Khurasani, Sayyid al Hakeem or another comparable jurist. Probably best to remain consistent and select one in order to avoid the trend of selectively picking and choosing the rulings that suit you best

• Advanced Member

I have heard Shaikh Waheed Khorasani's name after Sayyed Sistani. Some even believe him as current A'alam instead of Sayyed Sistani. 

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) lengthen life of our pious Ulama. 

• Advanced Member
44 minutes ago, Mahdavist said:

select one in order to avoid the trend of selectively picking and choosing the rulings that suit you best

We have seen this. 'X mujtahid has progressive ruling, Y mujtahid ruling suits me'.

Choosing Mujtahid should be based on Knowledge and who narrates ahadith (رواة حديثنا)