Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

I write letters & dua to Allah

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

  • Advanced Member

Salam Alaykum

Okay this might be weird to some. But I am able to express my feelings better when I write than in any verbal way. Its basically like writing to you diary, but instead you write to Allah. Instead of writing Dear Diary, I start by writing Ya Allah or Ya Rab.. etc.

I know Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is the All-Knowing, he is closer to us than our jugular veins, and he knows what is inside us better than we know ourselves. Therefore even if I don't express myself properly he will understand me.  However I still feel I can compose my thoughts better by writing them down, and I can get deeper into my feelings and be more vulnerable in this way. 

I'm concerned if I am committing shirk by doing this. And if this is this disrespectful to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) in any way? 

Also, I'm curios to know if anyone else does this, or am I just a weirdo lol.

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

Wsalam

I don't really see how it can be shirk or even just wrong. 

The aim is to connect to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)... And you have found your own way. Which is good. I see no harm in writing to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
3 hours ago, feefee_xx said:

I'm concerned if I am committing shirk by doing this.

Borderline, lMH0.

As Quran reveals, you and l are judged by our intentions.

That you articulate yourself better at the pace-of-writing is a good because your intention -from above- is to better "express" yourself.

Other than dropping the salutation you have been using -try: To Me or something- l can't think offhand of another critique point.

When @repenter-gone4awhile returns, he can hopefully comment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
7 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Other than dropping the salutation you have been using -try: To Me or something- l can't think offhand of another critique point.

Thank you for your response.

I liked your suggestion at first, but then it felt to me more shirk-ish. Because if I write down how I feel or dua and dedicate it 'To Me'. Then its as if I am the responder/provider/fulfiller of my own dua, whilst Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is the only one that has that right over me.

Also if I write 'To Me' or anything that's not to Allah, then I wont feel like I have vented to Allah or connected to him. It would just feel like I have gotten rid of bottled up emotions, but nothing more than that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, feefee_xx said:

Salam Alaykum

Okay this might be weird to some. But I am able to express my feelings better when I write than in any verbal way. Its basically like writing to you diary, but instead you write to Allah. Instead of writing Dear Diary, I start by writing Ya Allah or Ya Rab.. etc.

I know Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is the All-Knowing, he is closer to us than our jugular veins, and he knows what is inside us better than we know ourselves. Therefore even if I don't express myself properly he will understand me.  However I still feel I can compose my thoughts better by writing them down, and I can get deeper into my feelings and be more vulnerable in this way. 

I'm concerned if I am committing shirk by doing this. And if this is this disrespectful to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) in any way? 

Also, I'm curios to know if anyone else does this, or am I just a weirdo lol.

Thanks

It is a very good deed to express yourself in letters. You know what else can you do, you writer your feelings and then if they be more sunk them into a river.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
42 minutes ago, Strange Samurai said:

@feefee_xxIf you like some of them, then store them for your children to read. It will be a treasure for them.

I usually keep them save because they have the name of Allah written on them. And yes I think it will be cute for future children to read them, however some are a bit embarrassing,  so I'll keep those hidden away ahah.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, feefee_xx said:

I usually keep them save because they have the name of Allah written on them. And yes I think it will be cute for future children to read them, however some are a bit embarrassing,  so I'll keep those hidden away ahah.

Yeah, save those which you think are embarrassing because they are private secrets between Allah (عزّ وجلّ) and His creation. It will be cute if you leave something for them to read when you were young, it will be refreshing as well as means of enjoyment as to what you thought when you were young when you get of middle age. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
On 11/29/2020 at 7:35 AM, feefee_xx said:

Salam Alaykum

Okay this might be weird to some. But I am able to express my feelings better when I write than in any verbal way. Its basically like writing to you diary, but instead you write to Allah. Instead of writing Dear Diary, I start by writing Ya Allah or Ya Rab.. etc.

I know Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is the All-Knowing, he is closer to us than our jugular veins, and he knows what is inside us better than we know ourselves. Therefore even if I don't express myself properly he will understand me.  However I still feel I can compose my thoughts better by writing them down, and I can get deeper into my feelings and be more vulnerable in this way. 

I'm concerned if I am committing shirk by doing this. And if this is this disrespectful to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) in any way? 

Also, I'm curios to know if anyone else does this, or am I just a weirdo lol.

Thanks

Salaam sister, 

While deep in devotion and when a lot of thoughts come to the mind, it is great to write it down. 

I would say mashallah. You have your own munajaat and their is no problem in it. 

Many great excellent personalities do right their own munajaat. 

I heard once the munajaat of great martyr Mustafa Chamran which inspired me too to write if I feel like. 

May Allah bless you. It is a great way to express yourself. 

Edited by Zainuu
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...