Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

• Basic Members

Is time travel possible? From what I’ve understood, past, present and future are always in constant motion hence the possibility of prophecies and the preset time of our death determined by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) although I wish to know the scholarly approach towards this topic. 

- Thanks 

• Advanced Member
12 hours ago, LoneSeeker said:

Is time travel possible? From what I’ve understood, past, present and future are always in constant motion hence the possibility of prophecies and the preset time of our death determined by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) although I wish to know the scholarly approach towards this topic. 

- Thanks 

i am following on instagram a shia account,  which had such topic, i think it was 3 months ago or something like that ( it was really interesting though)  

she was posting different sources from shia books, convincing that it is possible,

if i do remember: she also said that it should have been possible that our imams (masooms) did such things (time-traveling)

Edited by F.M
  • Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

I don't know if this is related to the topic but apparently quantum jumping is a real thing and proven by shia narrations.

interesting

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, F.M said:

if i do remember: she also said that it should have been possible that our imams (masooms) did such things (time-traveling)

Some scholars make a hypothetical claim that the incident of Miraj of The Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) might be related to time-travel. I have never dug deeper into it. 

Yes, though Imam as Sadiq (عليه السلام) said in one place that Aliens exist. 

• Advanced Member

Time travel in the past is kind of irrational, i.e. the paradoxes presented kind of make it an impossibility. What happens if you travel in the past and shoot your grandfather, for example?

I'm not entirely closed to the idea of time travelling to the future, however. Also, there is the concept of time compression, i.e. time can appear to slow down under certain conditions.

Anyways, we may never know the true mechanics of Isra and Mairaj. However, Quran 27:42 can be used as a hint. It's actually an ayat with a very deep meaning if you think about it. Isra and Mairaj aren't the first time that someone traveled a great distance in a few moments.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Zainuu said:

Some scholars make a hypothetical claim that the incident of Miraj of The Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) might be related to time-travel. I have never dug deeper into it. 

Yes, though Imam as Sadiq (عليه السلام) said in one place that Aliens exist. 

i have read different things...I asked the admin if she can send some things of her topic

and then i will send it to this chat

i do remember it was really interesting, but infortunetally i didnt read everything cause i was bussy

• Advanced Member

Recently have been doing time travel in my duas. When I pray for people,  especially the prophet and his ahl, I pray for their past, and it works in my opinion. We have not just the chance to infkuence the future with our duas, but likewise the past. For Allah it is all the same. One of my favorite prayers is for imam Hussein to feel no pain, no fear and no thirst or weakness on the battlefield of Karbala. Then pray for his daughter, sister, etc etc. I think it works. 

• Basic Members
2 hours ago, Allah Seeker said:

Recently have been doing time travel in my duas. When I pray for people,  especially the prophet and his ahl, I pray for their past, and it works in my opinion. We have not just the chance to infkuence the future with our duas, but likewise the past. For Allah it is all the same. One of my favorite prayers is for imam Hussein to feel no pain, no fear and no thirst or weakness on the battlefield of Karbala. Then pray for his daughter, sister, etc etc. I think it works. 

I believe that as a result of past, present and future being in constant motion, this alludes to the theory of multiple timelines. Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has given us free will and allows us to either do one action or another and be wary of the consequences. If you look at different events such as Adam (عليه السلام) and the Fruit or Firaun and his chance to submit to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) , these are moments whereby Allah is presenting humanity two pathways, each having it’s own existing and known result.

Another example would even be Shaitan and Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) giving him a chance which would in turn result in him becoming good yet there are prophecies indicating Shaitan being at the forefront of the sinister plans with the Antichrist against Imam Mahdi (عليه السلام). 

It wouldn’t be illogical to believe in the legitimacy of time as a physical realm susceptible to manipulation with Imam Ali (عليه السلام) having described time as a physical realm in Al-Kafi as well as other hadiths which describe the different mechanisms of time in the materialistic realm (Earth) and the celestial world (Jannah, Jahannam and Barzakh). 

We must also observe the fact that time is a form of measurement only applicable to forces which have a beginning and an end yet Allah cannot be categorized by any measurements since He has unlimited power and cannot be comprehended. Imam Ali (عليه السلام) in Volume 1 of Al-Kafi noted that Allah is out of time and also does not move with time. Such a description reinforces the notion of time being another realm like the pre-existing ones we’re already aware of.

I have a purely theoretical outline of how the dimensions are ordered:

(this diagram is theoretical and should not be interpreted as scientifically proven.) 

Fifth Dimension

(Unknown Void)

I

Dimension of Time

I

Fourth Dimension (Spiritual)

I

Third Dimension (Earth)

• Advanced Member

@LoneSeekerfirst off let me say I love your name and I can relate to it very much. 

Yes the past being variable as much as the present and future is further and most importantly represented in the islamic fact that Allah can turn bad deeds into blessings pending upon repentance. It is like the concept of laughing about how stupid one was in the past, after having grown in wisdom. 

The concept of turning bad deeds into good ones shows that qualities can be influenced in the future into the past.

A very time-fluid evidence from the Quran is the many verses that talks about occurrences that will still happen, such as judgment day, and it seems to be written in past tense. It makes sense that everything is already written in the Mother of Books, and therefore everything that will happen, already has passed. 

• Advanced Member
15 hours ago, Allah Seeker said:

interesting brother. Have not thought about that before.

• Advanced Member
On 11/30/2020 at 9:24 AM, Allah Seeker said:

in alternative timelines the events of karbala, for all one knows might be repeating.

ergo the motto "every day is ashura and every land is karbala"

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, lissenma said:

in alternative timelines the events of karbala, for all one knows might be repeating.

ergo the motto "every day is ashura and every land is karbala"

Yes it repeats in my head every day, and who is to say it isn't real. Fact is that nobody can prove that they aren't sleeping right now, because in dreams we mostly don't know we are dreaming. Re-membering and re-living something could be literally so. To me it is simple and clear. Where the mind goes is real. That is why remembrance of God is greater. In the Quran it is literally written as zikr Allahu Akbar. So the fight is ongoing, Hussein (عليه السلام) exists this very moment at the battlefield as well as in the arms of his beloved grandfather, and shortly he will be victorious in sha Allah. How do I know it? Because I prayed for it, and prayers always come true. Thats a fact, and even if I'm the only person in history who prayed for his victory, it will happen. Thankfully I have faith that I'm by far not the only one who prayed for his victory on the battlefield of Karbala 1400 years ago.

• 4 weeks later...