Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Iran nuclear architect assassinated

Rate this topic

• Forum Administrators
On 11/29/2020 at 12:20 AM, Reza said:

Reminds me of the media coverage of UBL and AQ back in the day, where the media simultaneously characterized them as uneducated primitive cavemen from an inferior civilization but somehow also the most sophisticated and crafty criminal masterminds of our 21st century technological age. Somehow these notions could co-exist. 

No one has ever quite explained how they could co-exist.

There are lots and lots of documentaries and docu-dramas produced these days, but not one about how you organise 9/11 from a cave.

More interestingly no one has performed the obvious experiment of seeing whether it is possible to fly an airliner with the precision needed for 9/11 having only previously trained on a simulator or small plane.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The media portrays Iran as an all encompassing totalitarian dystopian police state that has total control over everyone’s life and a genuine threat to the whole world. Now the narrative is also incomp

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/iran-nuclear-top-scientist-assassinated-reports

Can someone explain to me how the security establishment in Iran is so fragile that people can infiltrate networks and just carry out these assassinations whenever they wish? Someone better have Ayato

• Forum Administrators

Mark Fitzpatrick, an associate fellow with London's International Institute for Strategic Studies who follows Iran's nuclear programme closely, also tweeted: "Iran's nuclear program is long past the point when it is dependent on a single individual". 

So, the motive for the assassination would appear to have been political, rather than relating to Iran's nuclear activities.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-55118140

• Advanced Member

From my position it seems like Iran has been really embarrassed to have its senior figures targeted, and they haven't killed anyone in response because they are afraid of a war, when Soleimani was assassinated, they bombed an empty base and then made it a point to say this was the response, and they were so terrified of a response, they shot down a civilian airline, highlighting just more of their incompetence. They didn't respond to an attack on Natanz in the summer, where it was quite clearly an Israeli cyber attack. Now with this attack, it looks like there will be no response either.

I don't want a war, so I'm glad there is restraint, but I think Iran needs to stop its bombastic language, and supporting proxies whose victims are primarily defenseless Sunni Arabs and even Shia Iraqi Arabs, because when it comes to confronting the US and Israel directly, they hunker down and suffer blow after blow, without retaliating. It seems like if this is the case, the Islamic Republic should abandon its regional policies of "Resistance" (only resistance in name) and focus on getting sanctions lifted and developing the lives of its own people. It would serve its people well, and who knows maybe it will become powerful enough one day to actually be able to confront its adversaries, rather than terrorizing defenseless populations with false assertions of targeting big and little satan. 

Edited by Mohamed1993
  • Advanced Member
On 11/27/2020 at 10:52 PM, Mohamed1993 said:

how Mossad is able to infiltrate the Iranian security establishment this easily.

Through MEK. 

On 11/27/2020 at 9:52 PM, Mohamed1993 said:

Can someone explain to me how the security establishment in Iran is so fragile that people can infiltrate networks and just carry out these assassinations whenever they wish?

I found something yesterday. Just g OK through this thread:

https://twitter.com/ejmalrai/status/1332744899767246850?s=20

• Advanced Member

What I don't get is why Iran has to plan a reprisal attack after it has been attacked? It is the same scenario as always. Iran gets attacked, then it waits for few weeks to plan a reprisal. You have to have plans for every scenario, where to defend and what to attack. Even a third-grad student plans what to do when he fails his exams. 

It also seems that Shias are too busy becoming doctors, engineers or politicians, instead of strategists, philosophers, commanders etc. There seem to be no socio-political thinkers outside of the minbars/pulpits. That's how everyone can attack and kill Shias and get away with it. 

Edited by lover
  • Advanced Member
7 minutes ago, Allah Seeker said:

the only ones who technically make serious revenge attacks is hezbolah it seems. 

Maybe that is why general Sulaimani (رضي الله عنه) daughter looked towards Sayid Hassan Nasrallah for her holy revenge, and even married into a Hezbolah family if my memory serves me correct.

• Advanced Member

How is Iran expected to answer the assassination of Fakhri Zadeh?

By Elijah J. Magnier:

US President Donald Trump and Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu decided that Iran was their worst enemy and that the nuclear and missile programs should be disrupted or destroyed by all means. It seems that Trump considers Iran to be one of the reasons behind his failure to be re-elected- or it is a “non-mission accomplished” to see Iran increasing its nuclear enrichment and developing the ballistic missile programs? There is little doubt that Trump wanted to add these two “achievements” to the list of gifts he offered to Israel: the Syrian-occupied Golan heights, the Palestinian Capital of Jerusalem, the illegal reconstruction of settlements and the normalisation of Arab and Muslim countries with Israel. Hence the motive for dragging Iran into a war or at least making sure he burns the ground under the JCPOA if the President-elect wants to reinstall it after the 20th of January 2021. The assassination of the Iranian scientist Mohsen Fakhri Zadeh was not explicitly, rather implicitly, announced by Netanyahu. What are Iran’s options? Who supported Israel in this assassination? How did Netanyahu drag Saudi Arabia onto Iran’s plate of objectives? On which platform is the next battlefield is expected to be?

Prime Minister Netanyahu faces the court of justice at home, accused of bribery and corruption. He is trying everything to remain in power and to gather more allies around him. He has not hesitated to drag his new ally, Saudi Arabia, with him in the play against Iran. One result is that Iran has a wider choice of objectives to target in response to the assassination of Fakhri Zadeh.

In fact, the Israeli Prime Minister has few valid options for engaging in a wider war, alone, for many reasons. In Lebanon, the deterrence imposed by Hezbollah forces the Israeli army to stay away from the borders. Hezbollah leader Sayed Hassan Nasrallah vowed to hit and kill an Israeli soldier at the first opportunity. The Israeli government ordered all Israeli troops to stand down and take their distance, leaving the borders unattended for several months now. Moreover, Hezbollah is transporting weapons from Syria to Lebanon under the impotent eyes of the Israelis, who fear hitting an Hezbollah operative and suffering the consequences. Hezbollah has imposed its rules of engagement on Israel on a Front where Netanyahu feels weak and vulnerable.

In Israel, the army is not ready for a war and its internal front is very far from ready. Israel’s harbours and airports are within the easy reach of Iran and its allies’ precision missiles if fired from Syria or Lebanon or even Iraq. The Israeli economy has suffered dearly due to the Corona Virus. Therefore, Netanyahu needs other states to fight on his side or on his behalf. His revelation of the secretive visit he took to Saudi Arabia to meet crown prince Mohamad Bin Salman makes more sense following the assassination of Fakhri Zadeh. Netanyahu wanted to offer to Iran the information that he was not alone in the assassination and that Saudi Arabia is also involved in one way or another: but this means that the Iranian choice of “revenge objectives” is not limited to Israel alone. Netanyahu’s hit is clearly below the belt, but is not unusual in terms of his character and strategies.

There was no real need to reveal the date of his visit, nor to keep civilians monitoring his flight from Israel to the city of Neom on the Red Sea. Nothing is really new in the Saudi-Israel relationship. Saudi Arabia has already been financing wars carried out by Israel, mainly against Lebanon (in 2006). Former Mossad chief Tamir Pardo visited Riyadh in 2014. A retired Saudi General Anwar Eshki met with Israeli officials at King David Hotel in 2016 and a year later Saudi spy chief Khalid Bin Ali al-Humaidan made a secret visit to Israel.

For the first time since the assassination of four Iranian nuclear scientists in the last years, the international community has condemned the target-killing of a civilian in Iran, defining it as “state -sponsored terrorism”.Israel is once more accused of violating of  international law by carrying out an assassination that is barely useful to its objective to halt the Iranian nuclear program.

In fact, Israel has carried out dozens of assassinations against non-combatant militants and civilians without any world accountability, under the rule that “what is not permitted to any other state is permitted to Israel” .

The Israeli Foreign intelligence service, the Mossad, is far from being outstanding and its mediocrity has already been publicly exposed: it is far from having  a“long arm,” which is actually dependent on outside international support. Mossad agents were rarely executed, unlike in Syria, when Daqmascus refused any negotiation.  Not only does it have a huge budgetan a liberal supply of fake passports, but enjoys the support of the international community and US military facilities everywhere in the world, according to the particular clandestine operation and its objectives. The Israeli intelligence service can also rely on US and Europeansupport in most countries to release or smuggle out Mossad agents. These  resources are the source of strength of Israel, in addition to the unlimited US support when a President like Donald Trump is in office. Following the Israeli normalisation with Gulf countries, Israel can now count on the Arab support, more than before, to coordinate its clandestine activities in the countries where the mutual enemies of the Arab and Israel reside: Iran and the “Axis of the Resistance” (Lebanon, Syria, Iraq and Yemen).

“The assassination of the Iranian scientist was carried out by a highly trained team of executors who did not prepare for the attack in just a few days. The team had explosives, weapons, financial means and safe houses to meet in and train as a team for the operation. That scale of activity requires a state-sponsored operation,” according to Iranian security sources in Tehran.

Israel, unlike President Trump when he assassinated Brigadier general Qassem Soleimani, did not officially announce its responsibility for the assassination of Fakhri Zadeh, even if Netanyahu hinted to it in his own style. However, the US B-52s were ordered back to the Middle East a few days before and the Pentagon ordered USS Nimitz back to the Persian Gulf and the US administration vowed to hit hard if any US soldier was attacked in Iraq. All these indications are collected by Iran as clear signals of the US-Israel complicity and responsibility for this unlawful assassination.

What are Iran’s choices?

The commander of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, Major General Hossein Salameh, said  "Iran will respond," and he therefore committed himself, and is not expected to risk his credibility by not responding. The leader of the revolution Sayed Ali Khamenei instructed his military commanders to "take the necessary revenge for the martyr Mohsen Fakhri Zadeh." The IRGC–Quds Brigade commander, General Ismail Qaani, who represents the arm of Iranian strikes abroad, indicated: "there are targets that have been identified regionally and Iran's allies will participate in the response."

According to the sources, Iran has begun to work on several levels: 1) Uncovering the assassination team responsible for the assassination. 2) Asking all embassies abroad to sollicit the international community’s condemnation of this unlawful target-killing of a civilian. 3)Identifying the absolute supporters of any Israeli action: deterrence is done in response by striking targets set by Iran in the Middle East. 3) Searching for any team (s) ready to carry out any other potential attack that Israel could execute during the remaining fifty days of Trump's term. 4) Identifying the most urgent targets to hit in the Middle East. 5) Increasing the level of uranium enrichments, with little regard to the JCPOA, and increasing the level of stockpile beyond 2,442.9 kg.

The sources understand that there is nothing to stop Israel from carrying out further attacks against Iranian targets if deterrence is not imposed, similar to the Hezbollah actions in Lebanon. Moreover, any possible hit to Israel and US allies in the Middle East, in Afghanistan and Yemen as examples, would send signals to Israel to stop, when the US interests in the region are put in jeopardy. 

As long as Trump (“ a bull in a China shop,” as described by the source) is in power,  Iran has decided not to go to war and in the meantime won’t be dragged into situations and arguments imposed by its enemies.. Therefore, all-out-war is not yet on the table even if further cyber, sabotage or assassination attacks are likely in the weeks to come. “The account is open with Netanyahu, no need to rush, there will be other opportunities”, concluded the source.

• Basic Members
On 11/29/2020 at 9:16 PM, Mohamed1993 said:

From my position it seems like Iran has been really embarrassed to have its senior figures targeted, and they haven't killed anyone in response because they are afraid of a war, when Soleimani was assassinated, they bombed an empty base and then made it a point to say this was the response, and they were so terrified of a response, they shot down a civilian airline, highlighting just more of their incompetence.

They have been warned 6 hours before the strike on 'Ain Al-Assad by Iraqi Prime Minister, 'leaked' from Iran. They want to avoid needless bloodshed because inside the base there weren't only US troops stationed there, but also innocent bystanders--soldiers from other countries. Iranian Brigadier General Amir Ali Hajizadeh said, the retaliatory attack is not for inflicting as many human casualties as possible, but to cripple main US infrastructure inside that base and give warning to Pentagon. Seems that they don't heed the warning though.. such is the morals of the corrupt tyrants.

• Veteran Member

A person interviewed by the BBC on Monday, the 30th, opined that this murder shows weakness in the lRl Ieadership --especialIy since the lRI gov't said they knew about the plot.

l disagree with that. Even when l was littIe, and we see on TV or read about assassinations, failed assassination attempts on Hitler (most notably the time bomb in the ceiling of an auditorium), in the colonies of Europe(now, 3rd World), and so forth; we all had it said to us, "there is no such thing as not getting to someone."

• Advanced Member

I don't see any reason for Iran to not respond and acquire self-restraint in this case. 

I don't see it as a provocation to push Iran for war. I believe it is a new rule of engagement. Assassinating and attacking the loop-holes. Biden is not much different than Trump. He will never restore JCPOA.  he will secretly give the green light to Israel and will try to guarantee that Iran stays at it's place. He will keep them engaged in diplomacy while Israel along with it's 'normalized team' will do the dirty work. 

What you say? 

@hasanhh@Haji 2003 @Allah Seeker @smma @Ashvazdanghe

Or anyone else. 

• Advanced Member
58 minutes ago, smma said:

Anothwr airstrike killied a senior commander. Zions are trying very hard to push Iran. It must balance between retaining its international respect and not provoking war

This is fake news. 

Professor Marandi of Tehran University has denied it. 

Psychological warfare at it's best. 

• Veteran Member
5 hours ago, Zainuu said:

I don't see any reason for Iran to not respond and acquire self-restraint in this case. 

lRl is "in the victim position".  A commentary l heard yesterday -sorry, l forget who/where- said the most "powerful person in the Middle East" is the Maqam mo'azzom rabari.

There is so much condemnation over this, irrationally based murder on a nuclear program that was shelved nearly twenty years ago, that any recriminations will be used against lRl. So, they will have to think of something real subtle that delivers some kind of fait accompli in the future. The primary caution, lMH0, is with everything against lRI "in the starting blocks" is not to do anything macho.

• Advanced Member
10 hours ago, Allah Seeker said:

Maybe that is why general Sulaimani (رضي الله عنه) daughter looked towards Sayid Hassan Nasrallah for her holy revenge, and even married into a Hezbolah family if my memory serves me correct.

She married the man who is viewed by most as sayid nasrallah’s future replacement. 

• Advanced Member
11 hours ago, Zainuu said:

I don't see it as a provocation to push Iran for war. I believe it is a new rule of engagement. Assassinating and attacking the loop-holes. Biden is not much different than Trump. He will never restore JCPOA.  he will secretly give the green light to Israel and will try to guarantee that Iran stays at it's place. He will keep them engaged in diplomacy while Israel along with it's 'normalized team' will do the dirty work. 

What you say? 

@hasanhh@Haji 2003 @Allah Seeker @smma @Ashvazdanghe

Or anyone else. 

I think - and I could be wrong - that the Iranian government is genuine in the whole liberation of Quds thing and the handing over their standard to the Mahdi etc. Of course we can't generalise, but let us say that I believe the majority of the people in power, as well as the population share these sentiments. They follow prophecies much like the zionist, but seem to do so more in the halal, without supporting sufiani or dajjal like most Israelis do today. 

So what i think is that they are waiting for the right time to push for the liberation of Quds when they chose to do it. In military strategies it is for your benefit to set the pace yourself, and rhythm, as well as find the element of surprise. In the 6th of October /yom kipur war, Egypt took advantage of attacking in secret while the Israelis who had been occupying the Sinai up till Suez were most off-guard. It was one of their main feasts of the year, and most soldiers were home or not focused. The crossing of the suez took place using Russian equipment in a very quick and sudden operation. 

So i am sure that the Iranian top leadership has the exact scenario planned out into detail, taking all alternative outcomes into consideration, with plans A , B , C , .. Z. It is all as if t happened already, but they are probablh waiting for something, and I dont know what. Maybe it is for the arrival of the Mahdi, or most likely it is the sufiani emergence they are holding their horses for. They are following prophecy, and one thing is clear: sufiani comes first, and then the good players like Khurasani and Yamani, etc. The reason for this is also because in islam we must be in clear self defence to take drastic lethal actions. And that operation that is planned will cost a lot of lives and collateral damage most probably. They don't want to go to hell for that, so better be safe than sorry. They probably feel that they have one shot, so they are sharpening their swords now and clearing out roads to make the movement smooth and fast. But the timing is everything, and God will make it clear.

Khurasani is a character who is prophesied in both suni and shia schools of thought. There is a chance that imam Khamenei, or his successor could be that Khurasani, and to me they lack the competition not to be it. There is no military force anywhere near Khurasan (usually seen as eastern Iran, Afghanistan, parts of Pakistan), who is even close to being capable of liberating itself from foreign influence, let alone a nuclear super-modern and rich army base like the occupied Palestine. They are the only ones with the logistics necessary to even try, masha Allah. In the late 90's an early '00s, many of us thought that maybe the Taliban gang of Mullah Omar or so could be it, as Afghanistan is the heart of Khurasan, but they though is totally unrealistic now. 

So if Iran is truly serious about this whole Islam thing, and even the prophesies relating to the roles of the people of salman el Farsi (عليه السلام), then they are just avoiding falling into a trap. At the same time we are all praying for martyrdom among any true believer, so the nuclear scientist simply got a 1st class back-stage pass to paradise. People don't understand that they make us a favor when they kill us! Anyway, that is my hope, and my heart tells me it is true. They practice self restraint for the sake of not blowing all the work done the past 40 years for the sake of avenging a person hastily, when he can be avenged much better in a short while in sha Allah. 

This whole nuclear deal I feel is just a screen for something much deeper. I feel they are simply negotiating all kinds of things unrelated to nuclear science or rocket science. I dont know exactly what is going on behind the scenes, but I think that it has to do with each negotiating for power, safety and trying to self benefit in whatever way they can before the inevitable showdown comes. 

Diplomacy is a form of soft power that people like to use in order to fight wars on a more spiritual level and mental sphere. Anyway , prayer guys. Let's pray. Its the only thing that works. 

• Veteran Member

I know Tehran region is a contrasting place for the otherwise religious Iran, a bubbling cesspool with the stench of devil worshiping blowing out of it, but this is alarming. Iran should take the gloves off, scan for viruses now, at maximum heuristics settings, and clean extensively.

• Advanced Member
14 hours ago, Diaz said:

She married the man who is viewed by most as sayid nasrallah’s future replacement. 

This reminds me of what Imam al Khamenei said, "The future belongs to the Muslim Ummah".

I see the foundations are really really strong.

• Advanced Member
12 hours ago, Allah Seeker said:

People don't understand that they make us a favor when they kill us! Anyway, that is my hope, and my heart tells me it is true. They practice self restraint for the sake of not blowing all the work done the past 40 years for the sake of avenging a person hastily, when he can be avenged much better in a short while in sha Allah

I do agree. 

My point was just that Israel is threatened right now. Seeing hezbollah on the border. Syria has resolved itself quite well now. 

Attacking the fountain head of Axis (Iran) is a great way to cope up, increase the deterence and get back into the game. In the past decades, Iran and Axis has clearly cornered the imperialists. 

Maybe they are trying to impose a new rule of engagement. Maybe they already know that Iran will not fight back and this would destroy the confudence of Axis. 

Anyways, the strongest and invincible weapon of Iran is patience and I still believe that Israel and US don't realize this. 

I hope they will be humiliated and cornered and their plans will all fall to the ground. 

I feel bad that I can't do something as a valuable contribution in all this. 

These martyrs make me realize that I am literally nothing. 

May Allah give us an opportunity to play a role. 

• Advanced Member
25 minutes ago, Zainuu said:

I do agree. 

My point was just that Israel is threatened right now. Seeing hezbollah on the border. Syria has resolved itself quite well now. 

Attacking the fountain head of Axis (Iran) is a great way to cope up, increase the deterence and get back into the game. In the past decades, Iran and Axis has clearly cornered the imperialists. 

Maybe they are trying to impose a new rule of engagement. Maybe they already know that Iran will not fight back and this would destroy the confudence of Axis. 

Anyways, the strongest and invincible weapon of Iran is patience and I still believe that Israel and US don't realize this. 

I hope they will be humiliated and cornered and their plans will all fall to the ground. 

I feel bad that I can't do something as a valuable contribution in all this. 

These martyrs make me realize that I am literally nothing. 

May Allah give us an opportunity to play a role. 

The way I've seen it since 2006 , is that they already lost the war, and they know it. They know that it is over for them and nuking is not an option for infinite reasons. But even if they nuked, they'd still lose. In 2006 it is over for them, and day by day it is simply more and more over. They are just trying to annoy and provoke, while saving some face. It does not take a military strategist to see that it is game-over for the hezbulshaytan. It is just a matter of time, and they are enjoying a little for now. We don't need to do anything ourselves, because everything is ready and mobilised. Everything is in the Hands of God. The best we can do is pray for ourselves, our families, loved ones, the iranians, the allies of Allah, etc. 

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, Allah Seeker said:

The way I've seen it since 2006 , is that they already lost the war, and they know it. They know that it is over for them and nuking is not an option for infinite reasons. But even if they nuked, they'd still lose. In 2006 it is over for them, and day by day it is simply more and more over. They are just trying to annoy and provoke, while saving some face. It does not take a military strategist to see that it is game-over for the hezbulshaytan. It is just a matter of time, and they are enjoying a little for now. We don't need to do anything ourselves, because everything is ready and mobilised. Everything is in the Hands of God. The best we can do is pray for ourselves, our families, loved ones, the iranians, the allies of Allah, etc. 

True.

They lost in 2000, 2006 and then came the era of humiliation. 

They got humiliated completely in Syria, in Palestine. Worst is still remaining which they will suffer inshallah in Yemen. 

• Advanced Member
Just now, Zainuu said:

True.

They lost in 2000, 2006 and then came the era of humiliation. 

They got humiliated completely in Syria, in Palestine. Worst is still remaining which they will suffer inshallah in Yemen. 

I think 2006 broke their back. 2000 was maybe a broken hand, leg and arm. Now they are in intensive care of a terminal coma. 

It seems that the Yemenis only really flexed their muscles once during the Aramco attack. Probably indirect negotiations and unwritten rules prevents them from flattening Ryad and all the sufiani palaces. 

• Advanced Member
  • Forum Administrators

Thoughtful piece in the Independent newspaper:

This latest assassination was not justified primarily as an attempt to disrupt Iran’s nuclear programme, but as a legitimate and successful display of state power. The New York Times said approvingly that “Mr Fakhrizadeh has become the latest casualty in a campaign of audacious covert attacks seemingly designed to torment Iranian leaders with reminders of their weakness.” It added that the operation confronted Iran with an agonising choice between retaliation and seeking to re-engage with the US when Joe Biden becomes president, replacing the viscerally anti-Iranian Donald Trump.  

Any description of this or other “targeted killing” by Israel or anybody else should carry a health warning. Everybody involved has a reason for lying, just as they once did about Saddam Hussein’s non-existent WMD in 2003. Anything leaked by intelligence agencies to a credulous media should only be consumed with a large measure of salt.  

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/mohsen-fakhrizadeh-assassination-iran-us-relations-b1766298.html