Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Psychological Warfare still continues in prayer nothing

Rate this topic

Guest SB9 the Wasteman

Guest SB9 the Wasteman

Salam,

For the past 8-9 months every time I pray I pray but always get extremely bad thoughts in my mind. It leads me to repeating prayers, I cry hit myself. I asked Shiachat before they suggest that I:

1) stop this is OCD - this isnt good advice I can’t stop my brain can I, to those who say don’t worry how can I not worry when I feel these prayers are insult? I honestly rather not pray then go with the don’t worry advice

2)Go to a psychologist- Who will give me pills, but unfortunately for you I don’t trust pills and never will, especially when most of them have gelatine capsules made up of pig. I don’t trust psychologists either. So this is a definite no.

Everyday, every single day it’s psychological torture. I don’t even pray, I just repeat words as fast as I can sometime and still nothing works. I learn about religion everyday, I do everything nothing works. I feel like smashing a hammer into my head repeatedly. 

Sometimes it takes me an hour to pray a prayer, I’ve lost jobs over this. I rather die then not pray. 

Guest Thoughts

I believe you are confusing a psychologist, who heals you of your problems through various forms of therapy, and psychiatrist, who prescribes pills. 

You don’t have to get pills if you don’t want to. But you need to see a psychologist as I suspect you’re struggling with some sort of anxiety issue that is triggered by praying. It’s not PTSD but close to it like a nervous tic of some kind. 

You should suggest brain spotting to your counselor, which is a kind of advanced therapy that “cleans out” your brain of stored and unconscious trauma. Tics, anxiety disorders, and ptsd related movements will largely diminish and go away entirely so that you’ll be able to pray again soon.

• Advanced Member
10 hours ago, Guest SB9 the Wasteman said:

Salam,

For the past 8-9 months every time I pray I pray but always get extremely bad thoughts in my mind. It leads me to repeating prayers, I cry hit myself. I asked Shiachat before they suggest that I:

1) stop this is OCD - this isnt good advice I can’t stop my brain can I, to those who say don’t worry how can I not worry when I feel these prayers are insult? I honestly rather not pray then go with the don’t worry advice

2)Go to a psychologist- Who will give me pills, but unfortunately for you I don’t trust pills and never will, especially when most of them have gelatine capsules made up of pig. I don’t trust psychologists either. So this is a definite no.

Everyday, every single day it’s psychological torture. I don’t even pray, I just repeat words as fast as I can sometime and still nothing works. I learn about religion everyday, I do everything nothing works. I feel like smashing a hammer into my head repeatedly. 

Sometimes it takes me an hour to pray a prayer, I’ve lost jobs over this. I rather die then not pray. 

I dont know how bad your problem is, but it sometimes happens with me too. Try learning the meaning of the surahs which you recite in Arabic(if you don't know already) and don't rush prayer, that's what shaitan wants you to do. recite the wordings at a normal pace and focus on their meaning, your brain will not be able to think about anything else

Guest Thoughts
6 minutes ago, smma said:

shaitan wants you to do. recite the wordings at a normal pace and focus on their meaning, your brain will not be able to think about anything else

With all due respect, this doesn’t seem like good advice nor is it smart. It will only feed into his paranoia and stumble further into his anxiety-produced tics. This isn’t the Shaitan (LA) this is an anxiety disorder and likely a response of trauma, for which therapy is needed in order to heal. 

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, Guest SB9 the Wasteman said:

Salam,

Salaam brother, 

Out of all advices you mentioned as useless, one is missing. 

Meditate. Do a mind exercise. 

Allama Tabatabai in his book Risalah al Wilayah has mentioned an exercise for mind: 

Must must must watch this video and do what is told. 

It will take time but you will gradually feel a change. 

And during Salaat don't doubt or do shakk. Keep on going and seek forgiveness from Allah while praying. 

May Allah bless you. I hope this advice will definitely work. 

Allah is with you don't feel bad

Guest SB9 the Wasteman
7 hours ago, smma said:

2 hours ago, Zainuu said:

Meditate. Do a mind exercise. 

Meditation is useless to me zain, I tried it before and no it doesn’t work it’s pseudo science nonsense. I have learnt the words in reciting no avail. I wasted 5 hours a day trying to pray 5 wajibat prayers. I want to be kicked in the head or my head hit with a hammer or something to get this out of me.

• Moderators

I think I remember your previous post. My suggestion was not to repeat the prayers as long as they are 'physically' correct. Thoughts do not invalidate the prayer.

This could simply be a challenge to make your prayers so difficult that you leave them altogether, which is why it's important not to fall into this trap.

• Advanced Member
11 minutes ago, Guest SB9 the Wasteman said:

Meditation is useless to me zain, I tried it before and no it doesn’t work it’s pseudo science nonsense

For how much time did you do? Did you see the video? What method it says. 

12 minutes ago, Guest SB9 the Wasteman said:

I want to be kicked in the head or my head hit with a hammer or something to get this out of me.

Don't feel bad brother. Your prayers will be accepted. Normalize yourself. Just Pray on time consistently and if such thoughts come to you don't give up. 

I am really sorry that I can only advice you and I know that you are in a terrible situation, because I have been in such a situation but don't worry. It is difficult but it takes time. 

Have patience and don't give up. Your efforts are also your ibadat (servitude). Allah will listen to you and Allah loves you because you are making such efforts to get out of this. 

• Advanced Member
12 hours ago, Guest SB9 the Wasteman said:

Salam,

selam dear brother or sister

thank you for your'e post and sharing your'e problem.

i totally agree with hat you are saying... praying is not only a way to heal mental health issues (lots of people are getting them) ,there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.. I have seen way to many people with same problem, there is nothing to be ashamed of...

i personally didn't read your'e previous posts, so i have no idea where it is going about, can you please explain me?

I totally empathize with you, for not trusting the psychotherapists....

i hope you understand, you can always share your'e story and relief everything that is bothering you in your'e heart, i hope i can do something for you

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, Guest SB9 the Wasteman said:

Meditation is useless to me zain, I tried it before and no it doesn’t work it’s pseudo science nonsense. I have learnt the words in reciting no avail. I wasted 5 hours a day trying to pray 5 wajibat prayers. I want to be kicked in the head or my head hit with a hammer or something to get this out of me.

Salams Brother/sister,

The video brother Zainuu shared is really good. Try to meditate again with the exact procedure given by the lecturer, don't expect results instantly because it didn't take one night to get where you are, so you shouldn't expect to see results over night either. This process will take a while and trust me it does get better. Don't say meditation is useless because done the right way can provide one with so many benefits. 

Go to a room that won't distract you and go on from there. Do what the lecturer says to do.