Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Constantinople back to the romans?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

in sunni books are written that one of the biggest signs of the return of Isa As (jesus) is that there will come a group o romans with good faith and will take constantinople back, and will commit a war against the turks. the romans will win and constantinople will be back theirs.. soon after that Jesus will return 

i will send the sunni narataions..

[1] Saheeh Muslim, Book 54, Hadith 50

[2] Al-Hakim, Al-Mustadrak, (4/598) no. 8662. Also, see Musnad Ahmad (2/176) no. 6645,  Sunan Darimi (1/430) no. 503, and As-Silsilah as-Sahihah, vol. 1

[3] Sahih Muslim, Book 54, Hadith 44

[4] Sahih al-Muslim, Book 54, Hadith 99

[5] Sahih Muslim, Book 54, Hadith 44

there are lots of narrations about it, in the sunni books...

------------------------

My Q: are there also such reverences in our shia books?

can someone send and share it with us?

may Allah bless you all

• Advanced Member
45 minutes ago, F.M said:

Turks will occupy Al-Jazira and Byzantines will attack al-Ramla. 

I am not sure what al-Jazira and al-Ramla are.

This is the closest about turks that I found. Not anything regarding romans

[al-Hasan Ibn Mahbub (reported) on the authority of 'Amr Ibn Abi Miqdam, on the authority of Jabir al-Jufi on the authority of Abu-Ja’far (al-Baqir), peace be on him:]

(Al-Baqir) said: “Stay close to the ground. Don't move an arm or a leg until you see the signs which I will mention to you I don't think that you will live until that time. The Abbasids will dispute; a voice will call from the sky; one of the villages of Syria called al-Jabiyya will be swallowed up; the Turks will occupy the region of al-Jazira; the Byzantines will attack al-Ramla; at that time there will be much conflict throughout the land until Syria is destroyed. The cause of its destruction will be the meeting of three standards there: the standard of the Red, the standard of the Spotted and the standard of the Sufyam.”

• Advanced Member
23 minutes ago, Zainuu said:

Do you believe this is authentic? Doesn't make sense to me

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, smma said:

Their are many signs about Imam al Mehdi (عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) that will not make much sense to us because we are unaware of a lot of mystical, spiritual and metaphysical realities. 

I mean does the story of Gog and Magog make sense to you? 

Where are those walls which were put by Hazrat Zulqarnain (رضي الله عنه)?

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Zainuu said:

--------------------------------------------

[al-Hasan Ibn Mahbub (reported) on the authority of 'Amr Ibn Abi Miqdam, on the authority of Jabir al-Jufi on the authority of Abu-Ja’far (al-Baqir), peace be on him:]

(Al-Baqir) said: “Stay close to the ground. Don't move an arm or a leg until you see the signs which I will mention to you I don't think that you will live until that time. The Abbasids will dispute; a voice will call from the sky; one of the villages of Syria called al-Jabiyya will be swallowed up; the Turks will occupy the region of al-Jazira; the Byzantines will attack al-Ramla; at that time there will be much conflict throughout the land until Syria is destroyed. The cause of its destruction will be the meeting of three standards there: the standard of the Red, the standard of the Spotted and the standard of the Sufyam.”

so these sign will all happen before his return?

4 hours ago, smma said:

why doesnt make sense?

there will be a heavenly sound all over the globe before his return, also the ground of bayda will swallow the entire army of sufyani, and the dead will be brought back to life in his (aj) time

• Advanced Member
8 minutes ago, F.M said:

so these sign will all happen before his return?

Salaam sister, 

Yes. They will. 

Some of the signs are coming into shape right now. 

For instance, I cannot recall the tradition but it is said that Yemen will come under the rule of the jews.

I have recently heard such news where it can become a possible reality (unfortunately) through the Zionist plots. 

Also, The Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said when asked about the last time that, "People will move away from Amr bil Maruf and get closer to Haram. Then the companions asked, "O Prophet of Allah!  Will this happen!!" Then he said, "Worse than this. People will commit haram and stop doing halal deeds" Then they again reacted as they reacted before and again he said,"Even worse than this, Haram will become Halal and Halal will become Haraam"".

And as you can notice how true it is. Homosexuality is embraced with open hands while the culture of marriage and family is denounced as if it is a grave sin.

The narration was longer than this but can't recall it exactly. 

May Allah protect us and to him we worship and from him we seek Help. 

May Allah keep all of us and our faiths in his safe and comfortable refuge. 

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, Zainuu said:

Al-Salaamu Alaikum,

Allow me to add my personal thoughts to this,

Jazeera is Island, and although it could be symbolic and metaphoric for many things and different places along the time-and-space continuum, it is most likely referring to the Arabian Peninsula. The turks already controlled this peninsula, including others, for the longest time. The talk here is about the Ottoman empire that ended in WW1, after which the peninsula known as Bilad Hijaz was transfered to Najdites if my historic info serves me right. So that part of the prediction 1400 years ago gets a big fat tick in my mental books, already happened BIG TIME. 

Then the destruction of some or swallowing up of a village in Syria , which is probably bigger than the Sykes-Picot borders? That could be a lot of things, but lately it seemed like all of Syria was about to be swallowed, and probably the duas of our prophet saved it. I read hadiths where the prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) openly prayed for sham and yaman. Anyway, the fire in Yemen is another one in sunni books I remember.

The Byzantines attacking Ramla, without researching ramla, my guess is (PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong), that it is somewhere where the crusaders came. Recently I heard that the first 'successful ' conquering of quds happened with byzantine as a springboard. This means it wasn't only the English, French and Vatican push. So that one would have to research further, but chances are high that it happened too.

9 hours ago, Zainuu said:

at that time there will be much conflict throughout the land until Syria is destroyed. The cause of its destruction will be the meeting of three standards there: the standard of the Red, the standard of the Spotted and the standard of the Sufyam.”

now this one begs the question of this ancient lands of the Syrians in the past 1400 years, if their cities were ever destroyed before this civil war that happened starting with the "Arab Spring", and even if not, now I at least hope that this qualifies as destruction of major life centers of "Syria".

I'm an artist so I like to freestyle sometimes. So here is an option out of an infinite options of what the 3 could be.

Red ... communism 

Spotted... capitalism (like spotted US flag)

Sufyani .. pseudo Islamic 

In that case it could have happened already too. 

Thanks 

Wasalaam

• Advanced Member
10 hours ago, F.M said:

in sunni books are written that one of the biggest signs of the return of Isa As (jesus) is that there will come a group o romans with good faith and will take constantinople back, and will commit a war against the turks. the romans will win and constantinople will be back theirs.. soon after that Jesus will return 

[2] Al-Hakim, Al-Mustadrak, (4/598) no. 8662. Also, see Musnad Ahmad (2/176) no. 6645,  Sunan Darimi (1/430) no. 503, and As-Silsilah as-Sahihah, vol. 1

[3] Sahih Muslim, Book 54, Hadith 44

[4] Sahih al-Muslim, Book 54, Hadith 99

[5] Sahih Muslim, Book 54, Hadith 44

there are lots of narrations about it, in the sunni books...

------------------------

My Q: are there also such reverences in our shia books?

may Allah bless you all

Al-Salaamu 3alekum my dear brother,

Thank you for your duas.

This hadith corresponds with the early section of suret Rum in the Quran that seems to be generally understood as "Rome became victorious, so this pleased the mumineen. "

To me what I expect to happen is not a full fledged super killer war, but simply a transfer of authority over the Hagia Sophia mosque to the orthodox byzantine Church. The persons who took the liberty of converting a house of God of our Christian brethren into a mosque, without their approval, did not have the divine authority to do so in my very humble and limited opinion. It was simply not done, and was not the sunna of the prophet to do so. You can't be more royal than the king, and it is documented in many places what his ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) ways were. The archbishop of Alexandria would not have sent him a wife if he was antagonistic, and I urge everyone to read the text that unfortunately the original is lost i believe, the promise and agreement of Saint Catherine monastery- the oldest monastery in the world. 

So what i believe will happen in sha Allah, is that in the end days of justice,  it must go back to their religious institution that very much sill exists in various places, and that this would be supported by the Mahdi, Jesus, etc. 

On a bigger historic scale that war of major forces including ottoman turks and romans in general has taken a turn at Vienna twice. My ancestors were officially involved and honored in this centuries long war that they already lost. The Islamic "empire" expanded continuously from one 'caliphate ' to another without ever shrinking, until reaching the limits of Vienna. That was what broke their backs and until today they cry about it and want to get another chance. We are so far into the end times I believe, that we are beyond these hadiths already.

The voice in the sky could be radio/cable/tv/Internet, etc. Where the whole world will hear "this guy is the mahdi", sounds like Instagram or Snapchat to me lol. Or at least twitter and IRIB for instance and CNN Al Jazeera and Haarez. Just to name a few such examples. Just some thoughts.  

• Veteran Member
10 hours ago, F.M said:

lt does not say anything like you pretend. Like in Surah Rum,  the hadith is about Syrian territory back then.

• Advanced Member
37 minutes ago, Allah Seeker said:

The voice in the sky could be radio/cable/tv/Internet, etc. Where the whole world will hear "this guy is the mahdi", sounds like Instagram or Snapchat to me lol. Or at least twitter and IRIB for instance and CNN Al Jazeera and Haarez. Just to name a few such examples. Just some thoughts.  

isnt it that the voice will be from the angle jibriel?

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, F.M said:

Angel jibreel can use 'media', if he wants im sure. It is definitely a possibility and very easy for a powerful being like sayidna Jibraeel (عليه السلام). Media is just the vehicle for a voice.

• Advanced Member
18 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

lt does not say anything like you pretend. Like in Surah Rum,  the hadith is about Syrian territory back then.

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:

The Last Hour would not come until the Romans would land at al-A'maq or in Dabiq. An army consisting of the best (soldiers) of the people of the earth at that time will come from Medina (to counteract them). When they will arrange themselves in ranks, the Romans would say: Do not stand between us and those (Muslims) who took prisoners from amongst us. Let us fight with them; and the Muslims would say: Nay, by Allah, we would never get aside from you and from our brethren that you may fight them. They will then fight and a third (part) of the army would run away, whom Allah will never forgive. A third (part of the army) which would be constituted of excellent martyrs in Allah's eye, would be killed and the third who would never be put to trial would win and they would be conquerors of Constantinople. And as they would be busy in distributing the spoils of war (amongst themselves) after hanging their swords by the olive trees, the Satan would cry: The Dajjal has taken your place among your family. They would then come out, but it would be of no avail. And when they would come to Syria, he would come out while they would be still preparing themselves for battle drawing up the ranks. Certainly, the time of prayer shall come and then Jesus (peace be upon him) son of Mary would descend and would lead them. When the enemy of Allah would see him, it would (disappear) just as the salt dissolves itself in water and if he (Jesus) were not to confront them at all, even then it would dissolve completely, but Allah would kill them by his hand and he would show them their blood on his lance (the lance of Jesus Christ).
Sahih Muslim, Book 54, Hadith 44

• Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, Allah Seeker said:

Angel jibreel can use 'media', if he wants im sure. It is definitely a possibility and very easy for a powerful being like sayidna Jibraeel (عليه السلام). Media is just the vehicle for a voice.

inshallah do we live near his reappearance :shock:

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Allah Seeker said:
10 hours ago, Zainuu said:

at that time there will be much conflict throughout the land until Syria is destroyed. The cause of its destruction will be the meeting of three standards there: the standard of the Red, the standard of the Spotted and the standard of the Sufyam.”

now this one begs the question of this ancient lands of the Syrians in the past 1400 years, if their cities were ever destroyed before this civil war that happened starting with the "Arab Spring", and even if not, now I at least hope that this qualifies as destruction of major life centers of "Syria".

I'm an artist so I like to freestyle sometimes. So here is an option out of an infinite options of what the 3 could be.

Red ... communism 

Spotted... capitalism (like spotted US flag)

Sufyani .. pseudo Islamic 

In that case it could have happened already too. 

Thanks 

Wasalaam

this gives me goosebumps..

inshallah.....

we should do really our best to please our imam and get into the list of 313

please read dua faraj**

• Advanced Member
Just now, F.M said:

the standard of the Red, the standard of the Spotted and the standard of the Sufyam.”

but wasnt there a hadith about 

black,red and yellow flags? (I can be mistaken please forgive me)

• Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, F.M said:

but wasnt there a hadith about 

black,red and yellow flags? (I can be mistaken please forgive me)

Black I think is referred to the black flags of khurasan, the yellow flag the yamani , and red +spotted + sufiani in syria for syria and Damascus if im not wrong. I'm not totally sure about yamani

• Advanced Member
52 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

أي المدينتين تفتح أولا قسطنطينية أو رومية؟ فقال النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم لا بل مدينة هرقل أولا ـ يعني القسطنطينية.

“which of the two cities will be conquered first – Constantinople or Rome?” and the Prophet (ﷺ) replied: “The city of Heraclius (Constantinople) will be conquered first”.[2]

So Dajjal has to appear after the conquest of what was the Roman empire i.e. further North-West of Constantinople. Byzantine was also a part of the great Roman empire; leadership and capitals changed over time. During the time of the Prophet (ﷺ) and the Sahaba (رضي الله عنهم), the Roman empire was Constantinople, the areas North-West of it (what is now Europe) and areas in modern Middle East under their control i.e. the greater Syria (what are now Syria, Lebanon, Palestine, and Jordan). Therefore, some of the Sahaba who had not heard of these Hadiths before {the city of Heraclius (Constantinople) will be conquered first} and {Dajjal would appear after Rome would be conquered} thought that Dajjal would appear after the Muslim conquest of parts of the Roman empire i.e. the Syrian territories. Moreover, the companion Jabir (رضي الله عنه) said that they thought previously and changed their understanding when they got to know the full picture.

11 hours ago, F.M said:

Al-Hakim, Al-Mustadrak, (4/598) no. 8662. Also, see Musnad Ahmad (2/176) no. 6645,  Sunan Darimi (1/430) no. 503, and As-Silsilah as-Sahihah, vol. 1

• Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

F.M.  --now you are rectifying your confused chronology, which is good.

brother all of them are about the conquer of constantinople.. exept the first one, i think i puted it on the wrong list..

• Veteran Member
24 minutes ago, F.M said:

brother all of them are about the conquer of constantinople.. exept the first one, i think i puted it on the wrong list..

0kay, l have done the same.  The Dajjal goes active when the Jewish contingent marches into lstanbul singing Allah Akbar. (Probably in Hebrew, lMH0).

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, F.M said:

Yes, can't say Angel Jibriel. But Angels or any divine medium would be used. 

Not these CNN, al Jazeera lol

They cannot provide us with accurate news on time, let alone the arrivsl of Imam al Mehdi (عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف).

I do believe that they will serve to Satan because Satan will be active and will try to stop us from reaching our Imam (عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) by engaging us in other works. 

They, for most of the part, still serve the Satan and then also they will do the same thing.

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, F.M said:

this gives me goosebumps..

inshallah.....

we should do really our best to please our imam and get into the list of 313

please read dua faraj**

Actually, their is also a 'black standard' which will come from Khurasan.

This is the one I fear the most. 

I comprehend it as a flag of Fake Shias.

May Allah keep us all on the right path away from the deviations of enemy. 

Edited by Zainuu
  • Advanced Member
45 minutes ago, Zainuu said:

Yes, can't say Angel Jibriel. But Angels or any divine medium would be used. 

Not these CNN, al Jazeera lol

They cannot provide us with accurate news on time, let alone the arrivsl of Imam al Mehdi (عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف).

I do believe that they will serve to Satan because Satan will be active and will try to stop us from reaching our Imam (عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) by engaging us in other works. 

They, for most of the part, still serve the Satan and then also they will do the same thing.

The thing is that according to hadiths I read a voice will come out after the news and claim that so and so is mahdi, there will be a satanic voice with the same medium from the sky saying the truth is with uthman or something. So both accurate and inaccurate from same medium. Just like most news sites. That we can see people say in the palm of our hands and tip of our whips. Also hadiths that seem to have happened already.

• Advanced Member
42 minutes ago, Zainuu said:

Actually, their is also a 'black standard' which will come from Khurasan.

This is the one I fear the most. 

I comprehend it as a flag of Fake Shias.

May Allah keep us all on the right path away from the deviations of enemy. 

khurasan isn't fake in shia eschatology, or? 

• Advanced Member
16 minutes ago, gayboyanon said:

Why are you even debating if you think you can just make up lies and get away with it?

What are you even talking about? This topic brother is regarding the Islamic perspective on the end times. The arrival of Imam al Mehdi (عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) and the related events. 

Do you believe in Islam? 

Do you believe in Qiyamat?

Do you believe in the arrival of Imam al Mehdi (عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) and Jesus (عليه السلام)?

• Advanced Member
29 minutes ago, Zainuu said:

What are you even talking about? This topic brother is regarding the Islamic perspective on the end times. The arrival of Imam al Mehdi (عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) and the related events. 

Do you believe in Islam? 

Do you believe in the arrival of Imam al Mehdi (عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) and Jesus (عليه السلام)?

Don't bother with him. His user name is quite telling; I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to 4chan and reddit next and posts a greentext about how he pwned the fundies.

• Advanced Member
Just now, Sabrejet said:

Don't bother with him. His user name is quite telling; I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to 4chan and reddit next and posts a greentext about how he pwned the fundies.

Try reading what I quoted originally.

31 minutes ago, Zainuu said:

Do you believe in Islam? 

You said "while the culture of marriage and family is denounced as if it is a grave sin." That's a lie. Again, please read what I quoted exactly.

• Advanced Member

There used to be a time when gay meant happy and cheerful. There was a time when rainbow was actually a rainbow from God and a sign of forgiveness from God to Sayidna Nu7(عليه السلام), that never will there be such a flood again till the very end time . When it will be much greater than a waterflood inshaAllah.

• Advanced Member
22 minutes ago, gayboyanon said:

You said "while the culture of marriage and family is denounced as if it is a grave sin." That's a lie.

That's not a lie. Feel free to prepare a study of 20+ aged adults. Denouncing marriage and blaming it for the problems in society is utterly common. 

Most of the west has even lost the marriage system to some extent. They prefer live-in relationships.

It is also propagating in India. 

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, gayboyanon said:

Why are you even debating if you think you can just make up lies and get away with it?

Ypu accused me of lying when I didn't and you had no proof to get it. You accused me of getting away with it when I am talking to you straight.

Blatantly Accusing (tohmat) someone by making judgements is what you have done to me from the start. It is an unethical practice and utterly ridiculous way of treating people.

You are someone who is highly denounced in my books for many many reasons. Still I kept my ideologies aside and talked to you with respect. On the other hand, since the first argument you had with me, you are judging me and accusing me without a reason. 

Who is respectful and who's not is quite clear. 

People are watching and above them Allah the All-knowing is a witness over me and you to see who has the bad ethics. 

Goodbye