Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

I need help.

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

There is someone who is telling me bad things about my mother and what he does to her and other things that are meant to insult me, I can't show them due to it being inappropriate. I really want to know how I should respond without doing anything that Allah forbid, I can't stand this to be said about my mother. Thank you in advance.

• Advanced Member

Ignore them if it is online. A lot of people are gangsters and the progeny of Zeus online, so it really should not affect you. A lot of people insult me online, but it stopped bothering me years ago. Repeatedly ask them to stop if they continue. Get witnesses and documentation or whatever you can to prove that you have been asking them to stop. If they continue, that leaves you no other option than to break a bone or two. My father always said if a bully comes to you, stop it right there because it will continue to grow until it gets out of hand - nip it in the bud while you can with the method I gave you.

• Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, Nightclaw said:

Ignore them if it is online. A lot of people are gangsters and the progeny of Zeus online, so it really should not affect you. A lot of people insult me online, but it stopped bothering me years ago. Repeatedly ask them to stop if they continue. Get witnesses and documentation or whatever you can to prove that you have been asking them to stop. If they continue, that leaves you no other option than to break a bone or two. My father always said if a bully comes to you, stop it right there because it will continue to grow until it gets out of hand - nip it in the bud while you can with the method I gave you.

They are people I know from school, they won't stop doing it and it's getting on my nerves

• Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, Hani B. said:

They are people I know from school, they won't stop doing it and it's getting on my nerves

Absolutely perfect. I had to fight everyday, so I understand. You must be smart about it. Tell the teachers and principals that they keep doing it. Leave evidence behind that you have asked them to stop. If they do it again, lay it down. The teachers will not blame you. Remember to mention in explicit detail what they said about your mother. Do not let bullies take the upper hand or they will not stop. The reason I have never been bullied was because I stopped anything going further than it had to, so I recommend you do the same.

• Advanced Member
20 minutes ago, Hani B. said:

Do what nightclaw advised and report them to principal or teachers. Block them online. If they still continue to bully you in real life and teachers fail to do anything, then don't back off or suffer. Stand up for yourself, see if your friend da back you up. Bullies will only target people they think are weal, prove them otherwise. 

" be soft but not weak, be strong but not violent" - imam Ali(عليه السلام)

• Advanced Member

To add to this, violence might be the last resort, but it should never be off the table. More likely than not, it will make them realise that you're willing to put up a stand, and they'll be wary of you in the future. Even if you get beaten down in return, they'll still develop a grudging respect for you. A temporary suspension from school might be worth it.

(yeah, my school years weren't ideal. I'm speaking from experience).

Expect no realistic help from the teachers and principal, though you're welcome to try.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Hani B. said:

There is someone who is telling me bad things about my mother and what he does to her and other things that are meant to insult me, I can't show them due to it being inappropriate. I really want to know how I should respond without doing anything that Allah forbid, I can't stand this to be said about my mother. Thank you in advance.

Salaam, 

Don't respond to them and completely ignore them. Their might be a lot of things like activities and exams and projects, assignments etc happening in your school. Focus on your studies and be the best in class. Showcase your excellence to them. They will die in jealousy and disappear.

Don't expect help from the teachers and principal because it is unlikely. Though, if they bother you a lot you can file a complaint against them as a sign of warning. 

Bullies target the person who responds to their slanders. If you stop responding to them and clear your mind by engaging in activities and staying with your friends, they will get bored by their actions as they will find you unresponsive. Slowly, they will move on and stop doing this.

Imam Ali (عليه السلام) :

"Silence is the best reply to a fool."

May Allah protect you.

8 hours ago, Hani B. said:

Well, people in a way resembles to animals. Some hunt and do struggle for their livelihood, some migrate to eat grass and they also struggle. Some like to eat filth. So, those who abuse are like such animals. You shall leave them in their filth if you think that you cannot make them silent, and talking them would hurt you more. Splashing mud would only make your hands dirty.

• Advanced Member
21 hours ago, Hani B. said:

May Allah send his la'na upon this kaffir AMEEN:furious:

BLOCK this person on whatever he is harassing you 

Report them to the POPO

And finally keep you mother safe because she carried you 9 whole months.

Wassalam.

• Advanced Member
21 hours ago, Hani B. said:

Then EXPOSE THEM TO THE SCHOOL. Insulting someone's Mother is NOT ok. I know if that was me i would have snatched the weave or somthing to get them of my tail.

Inshallah your situation ends and you and you mom are in peace.

• Advanced Member

Update: I replied and said may Allah forgive him, his response was you don't know how to talk well and that I'm a loser. I talked to him privately (this is all online) and he wanted to fight me and set a time too, I asked him who he was and he told me he is a very close friend of mine (he's very religious too). It shocked me, but I thank Allah for showing me his true nature.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Hani B. said:

Update: I replied and said may Allah forgive him, his response was you don't know how to talk well and that I'm a loser. I talked to him privately (this is all online) and he wanted to fight me and set a time too, I asked him who he was and he told me he is a very close friend of mine (he's very religious too). It shocked me, but I thank Allah for showing me his true nature.

Our Messenger (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) was described by everyone as having unlimited forbearance. However, he was no coward nor a pushover. He defeated the wrestling champion of Mecca to get him to convert; he literally picked him up and body slammed him thrice [because he was challenged]. He was an excellent warrior. Do not be keen on fighting immediately. Follow the method I set. We call it "setting a paper trail". Do that and whenever you lay it down, it is documented. People can think and say what they want. People have called me all kinds of names - especially because of my religion and skin color. It never really bothered me because they were never stupid enough to put their hands on me or challenge me to a fight.

This scenario, however, is different. Your mother is a different topic. You do not let anyone insult your mother. You cannot let this slide, but you have to use your brain. The beginning and half of a fight is mentality, so use it appropriately. Do not let anyone trash talk your mother. As for this guy setting a time and place to fight, do not go. It is a setup that will probably get you jumped by others or they will record it and post it everywhere. 

Be careful and take my advice, young one. It will surely come in handy.