Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Any Sada on Shiachat??

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, ServantOfTheHousehold said:

when my parents took us to Iraq my parents wanted to go to other places like Kuwait and Iran and Qatar. When we went to Kuwait a Sayed invited us to his HUGE MASION with ELEVATORS in it. He was from Banu Hashem he wasn't a direct descendent of Ahlulbayt (aasws) but he was still a Sayed.

even if i was a syeda or non syeda.. 

the most important thing is that i am a believer and the biggest blessing is to be born shia..

we all should show the behaviour of our grandparents.. elsewhere our'e title isn't worth at all

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Both my parents share lineages to Imams, my mother is Al-Yasiri and my father is Al-Sharifi. I never really looked at any family tree and formally traced back my lineage, I believe I descend from the

Let me define the word Sayed: A descendant or relative of Rasulullah. There can be a drug dealer(aoothubillah) and he can still be a Sayed. Just because someone is a Sayed does not mean he is a g

Yes actually. My uncle lives on a farm and he had a horse. The horse was pregnant(it was a female obviously) and was sick. My Elder brother prayed for her and she gave birth safely and was better

• Advanced Member
Just now, F.M said:

even if i was a syeda or non syeda.. 

the most important thing is that i am a believer and the biggest blessing is to be born shia..

we all should show the behaviour of our grandparents.. elsewhere our'e title isn't worth at all

Very true sister!

• Advanced Member
Just now, Zainuu said:

Ohh. Learnt this today only. Had a quick verification on wikishia. 

Yes that's true

i didnt knew it too.. i also heared it fr the first time!!

• Advanced Member
Just now, smma said:

I do not like calling myself a syed or descendent of the prophet((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)). I feel like calling yourself a grandson of the rasool or any imam is highly disrespectful.

how come?

• Advanced Member
Just now, smma said:

I do not like calling myself a syed or descendent of the prophet((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)). I feel like calling yourself a grandson of the rasool or any imam is highly disrespectful.

i kind of understand where it comes from........... way to many people, are extreme proud of it and start discriminating..

i think best is to call yourelf bani-ibrahim or bani hashim

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, F.M said:

i kind of understand where it comes from........... way to many people, are extreme proud of it and start discriminating..

i think best is to call yourelf bani-ibrahim or bani hashim

Yes, laying too much focus on it has also created a form of casteism in shia communities. Syed people refuse to marry non-syeds while all non-syeds are always pursing a syed boy or girl. I have also seen some superstitious pepe act as thought being syed gives people some kind of superpower

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, smma said:

Yes, laying too much focus on it has also created a form of casteism in shia communities. Syed people refuse to marry non-syeds while all non-syeds are always pursing a syed boy or girl. I have also seen some superstitious pepe act as thought being syed gives people some kind of superpower

yes soo true, i got even laughed upon by my own family/blood ONLY because i am not fully arab..

• Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, smma said:

We commit many sins everyday, do you think its right for imperfect being as us to be assossiate ourselves with literal noors of Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)?

Like I said in a previous post Sayed is a descendant of the prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) there can be a drug addict and he will still be a descendant of Rasulullah.

Again Sada aren't always good people.

• Advanced Member
10 minutes ago, F.M said:

not really ( but obviously it should be, but trough wars, lots people escaping from jerusalem etc..evryone got divided)!! we only have orthodox-family and mine family escaped to the northern slavic-countries..

just like lots sayed escaped to pakistan/india.. same happened to looots of ansestors of isaac (as long they stood believers) they got taken by byzantinians and my family ended u in slavic countries

Also thank you soo much for youre kind words...

may allah bless you

Shiism has gone through a lot since the death of The Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). their is an elegy in Urdu which is extremely sorrowful and explains what our ancestors and brothrens in faith have went through. 

Thpugh I don't know much about the background of the ancestry of Hazrat Ishaq (عليه السلام). But I will definitely read it. What I know is that the Prophets and all their faithful people were inflicted with huge pain. 

All in all, People of faith suffer. 

Imam As Sadiq says, "Our shias are not those who will not face trouble and pain in their lives"

As Allah says in the Qur'an 2:155:

And We will most certainly try you with somewhat of fear and hunger and loss of property and lives and fruits; and give good news to the patient

May Allah keep us all firm in faith. Definitely, though the path we are moving on is tough but we are certain that it is full of rewards in the end. 

May Allah protect all the believers and keep them safe

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, Zainuu said:

Shiism has gone through a lot since the death of The Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). their is an elegy in Urdu which is extremely sorrowful and explains what our ancestors and brothrens in faith have went through. 

Thpugh I don't know much about the background of the ancestry of Hazrat Ishaq (عليه السلام). But I will definitely read it. What I know is that the Prophets and all their faithful people were inflicted with huge pain. 

All in all, People of faith suffer. 

Imam As Sadiq says, "Our shias are not those who will not face trouble and pain in their lives"

As Allah says in the Qur'an 2:155:

And We will most certainly try you with somewhat of fear and hunger and loss of property and lives and fruits; and give good news to the patient

May Allah keep us all firm in faith. Definitely, though the path we are moving on is tough but we are certain that it is full of rewards in the end. 

May Allah protect all the believers and keep them safe

soo true it is always hard to be a believer, may allah unite all believers together to stand against satan..

may allah protect all of us.. and hasten his return, 

we all cant handle soo much hate towards the innocent believers

• Advanced Member
7 minutes ago, smma said:

We commit many sins everyday, do you think its right for imperfect being as us to be assossiate ourselves with literal noors of Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)?

People of wisdom can think of it other way too. 

Instead of boasting they should take it as a motivation and derive a sense of responsibility from it to follow their faith even more firmly and consistently. 

This realisation of being a Sayyed should act as a catalyst for someone on the path of Haq.

While sinning a Sayed should feel the regret much more deeply than anyone.

For me being a Sayed is a blessing in this way. 

• Advanced Member
6 minutes ago, Zainuu said:

if you only knew what happened to the appostles of jesus. and the followers of yahya as.. 

some appostles got trowned in hot/boiling oil, some beheaded, its really horrific!! what happened on the side of isaac as

and yaha (عليه السلام) got beheaded and his followers got hard time... about his family is unknown if he did had children etc.. but possibly he had.. imagine where they went trough...:shock:

• Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, F.M said:

if you only knew what happened to the appostles of jesus. and the followers of yahya as.. 

some appostles got trowned in hot/boiling oil, some beheaded, its really horrific!! what happened on the side of isaac as

and yaha (عليه السلام) got beheaded and his followers got hard time... about his family is unknown if he did had children etc.. but possibly he had.. imagine where they went trough...:shock:

I know about Hazrat Yahya only.  He was martyred like Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) 

actually it is written in some traditions that when Hazrat Zakariya (عليه السلام) was granted with a child. Somehow, he asked about Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) (i might be mistaken in exactly narrating it).

So, he prayed to Allah to also add a small sign of the story of Karbala in his fate. So, Allah granted his son Hazrat Yahya (عليه السلام), the status of great martyrdom. 

(I might have not narrated it correctly)

So, Hazrat Yahya's was just martyred brutally just like Imam Hussain (عليه السلام).

Sister, do you know about some books where I can read it all? 

• Advanced Member
8 minutes ago, Zainuu said:

I know about Hazrat Yahya only.  He was martyred like Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) 

actually it is written in some traditions that when Hazrat Zakariya (عليه السلام) was granted with a child. Somehow, he asked about Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) (i might be mistaken in exactly narrating it).

So, he prayed to Allah to also add a small sign of the story of Karbala in his fate. So, Allah granted his son Hazrat Yahya (عليه السلام), the status of great martyrdom. 

(I might have not narrated it correctly)

So, Hazrat Yahya's was just martyred brutally just like Imam Hussain (عليه السلام).

yeah that exactly where KAF-HA-YA-AYN-SAD means..

8 minutes ago, Zainuu said:

Sister, do you know about some books where I can read it all?

i will ask my mother, she knows much better about it... also often lots things are inherited

• but i would say i think reading zaboor, and maybe even talmud.. yes its true lots things are changed also lots vocabulairy lost their definition (because it got translated multipple times and lost their real meaning) but still lots things are athtentic.. maybe they deleted the name muhammd from it.. but about ahlalbayt is still written A LOT!! 
  • a tip would be to compare what quran says.. use quran as a kind of tafseer of those books.. then it wouldnt be really that hard to understand..
  • also all books of allah are written in looots of symbolical ways, same goes with bible,talmud etc.. for example dragons is a papulair symbol for:satan 

but again i will ask my mom when she comes home from work

Edited by F.M
  • Advanced Member
7 minutes ago, F.M said:
  • but i would say i think reading zaboor, and maybe even talmud.. yes its true lots things are changed also lots vocabulairy lost their definition (because it got translated multipple times and lost their real meaning) but still lots things are athtentic.. maybe they deleted the name muhammd from it.. but about ahlalbayt is still written A LOT!! 
  • a tip would be to compare what quran says.. use quran as a kind of tafseer of those books.. then it wouldnt be really that hard to understand..
  • also all books of allah are written in looots of symbolical ways, same goes with bible,talmud etc.. for example dragons is a papulair symbol for:satan 

Sure. Actually I do want to read all the Holy scriptures. Even the ones with Hindus. It is always good to understand the faith of different people and reach out to the common points. 

Thankyou so much!!!! And do tell me what your mother said about books if you ask her.

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, Zainuu said:

Even the ones with Hindus.

OMG yes.... i already read them... huge recommended..

their scriptures are called "Puranas"

a recently rode kaki purana

which is basically going about the reapereance of imam mahdi 

there is huge similarities with all of us..

also hindus also recognise ahlalbayt of prophet muhammed  also greek mithology

Edited by F.M
1 hour ago, ServantOfTheHousehold said:

Everything I did is something anyone can do Sayed or not.

But a lot of people see that Sada are the example. They see them and assume they are  people who can help guide them on the right path because there bloodline flows back to the prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). By Allah there are good people who are sada. But also Bad people who are sada too. The Sayed is not always the good guy. 

And yes Brother I will never leave Islam. I'm proud to be called Muslim! 

lolz, what is wrong in it if people think that syeds can lead them ? Do you not believe that Imam Mehdi (عليه السلام) can lead you! I have believe in him even though I am not syed and through Imam Mehdi (عليه السلام) I will lead my family by utilizing his knowledge. People always tend to find connection in a family's descendants, there was once a time when Pakistanis longed for Fatima Bhutto to come forward or Zulfiqar Bhutto Junior might get qualities to lead their impoverished people. 

There are some gifts transferred to you from you forefathers who knows that Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto's great great generation be more worthier than him in leadership.

Sir Syed Ahmed Khan was a Syed his father and grandfather servants of Mughals but he even became greater than them and taught Muslims that learn knowledge.

Allama Iqbal's predecessors were Barhaman as he says but did not his predecessors gift to deeply think on overly exhausting hindu scriptures which has no use, was put to great use by him to which he mentions in his poetical verse referring to syed: "I am a Barhaman and know much about lies of "batil philosophies" and yet you turn to West for guidance and left Prophet Muhammad (PBUHHP) and His family and wandering to be great, you are just wasting time. What you should do is that sit at doorsteps of Aal-e-Muhammad".

It really hurts me that "Syeds" for "Non-Syeds" and even for "Some self-ascribed modernists Syeds" having become a taboo and they despise them like "Malachaas" were despised by "Barhaman", "Khistriyas" and "Vashiyas". 

So deplorable.

• 1 month later...
  • Basic Members

Yes , I'm a Syed . I'm descended from Imam Ali ibn Muhammad Al Naqi Al Hadi (عليه السلام) through his son , Hazrat Sayyid Muhammad ibn  Imam Ali Al Hadi (عليه السلام). His shrine is located in Balad , Iraq . 

AbalFadhl 

On 1/4/2021 at 7:02 PM, Anonymous-Male said:

Yes, the most ideal thing is that men should not even listen to the voice of any non mehrum female. In fact, some of top ranking Shia scholars are such that they have never set their eyes upon any woman other than their mehrums, so they do not even recognize any other woman by their face. 

I heard that Umm Farwa, the mother of Qasim as. in Kerbala had never come in front of imam Hussain as. before, until she came to request permission for her son to go into battle. 

Imam Ali (عليه السلام). made sure that the man who holds the reins of the camel on which Zainab (عليه السلام) is riding should be deaf, so that he may not hear her voice. 

Imam Ali (عليه السلام) himself avoided saying Salam to young women because he didn't want to hear their reply and thus end up hearing their voice. 

Conclusion: Men should try to not even listen to voice of unrelated women. This level of morality and chastity and modesty can prevent unmarried men from getting frustrated by their unfulfilled, and unnecessarily/artificially heightened sexual desires. 

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

Technically each of us are son of Prophet Adam so we all are son of prophet, what is the point of this thread

also it is against the Quran which says you will be judge by your deeds and not your blood lines

Prophet (saws) said: “Four practices of the ‘Jaahiliyah’ (pre-Islamic days of Ignorance) will continue to be practiced by my Nation:

1. taking pride in one’s parentage,
  2. giving a person a father other than his own genealogical father (ie. cursing of one’s lineage),
  3. believing that rain is caused by some stars,
  4. and wailing over the dead.”

Related by Muslim and Ahmad.

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: God, Most High, has removed from you the pride of the pre-Islamic period and its boasting in ancestors. One is only a pious believer or a miserable sinner. You are sons of Adam, and Adam came from dust. Let the people cease to boast about their ancestors. They are merely fuel in Hell; or they will certainly be of less account with God than the beetle which rolls dung with its nose. (Abu Dawud, Book 41, Number 5097)

Edited by shoelace
  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

this syyed thing is one of the worst thing practice by shia, may Allah guide you all and abolish this system and work on your deeds first.

and yes I am syyed too and I dont  feel the need to mention it ever.

Edited by shoelace