Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Any Sada on Shiachat??

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

  • Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, Strange Samurai said:

I am the son of the servants of Ahlebait (عليه السلام). To all Syeds and Sayadaat, what have you done that you think will make proud Rasol-Allah (SAAWW) and our Imams ? I am still unsure whether they are happy or not but at least know that they do not hate me otherwise I would not have been blessed by their love. So, they love me, but have I done enough to claim even as being son of servants of Ahlebait (عليه السلام) ? Because my elders did their best, but being connected to them does not elevate my place only because of my connection with them.

So, all Syeds what's your own reputation apart from that which is because of Prophet (PBUHHP) and not due to yourselves. Have you alleviated the Ummah of Rasol-Allah (SAAWW) by saying that you are born Syeds to inspire them with your character and make them realize that you are born for their service as Imam Ali Reza (عليه السلام) said. Do you sit with poor and let him not be overwhelmed by the pomp and show and rejection of the rich. Have you tried to fight social evils that are erupting under your own noses where the women in tribal areas are given in your homes as asylums while wrong is been done with which you are entrusted to save them and instead of doing that established separate places where they can be ensured of safety from every nook and cranny. 

Salaam brother, 

The topic clearly is not about boasting or feeling proud of being a Sayyid, because their is nothing to be proud sbout it. In fact, it is denounced in traditions to feel prpud about being a sayyid. 

All the lovers, followers and servants of Ahl ul Bayt (عليه السلام) are equal. Their is no difference at all. And this topic over here is not to create any difference.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Both my parents share lineages to Imams, my mother is Al-Yasiri and my father is Al-Sharifi. I never really looked at any family tree and formally traced back my lineage, I believe I descend from the

Let me define the word Sayed: A descendant or relative of Rasulullah. There can be a drug dealer(aoothubillah) and he can still be a Sayed. Just because someone is a Sayed does not mean he is a g

Yes actually. My uncle lives on a farm and he had a horse. The horse was pregnant(it was a female obviously) and was sick. My Elder brother prayed for her and she gave birth safely and was better

26 minutes ago, Zainuu said:

Salaam brother, 

The topic clearly is not about boasting or feeling proud of being a Sayyid, because their is nothing to be proud sbout it. In fact, it is denounced in traditions to feel prpud about being a sayyid. 

All the lovers, followers and servants of Ahl ul Bayt (عليه السلام) are equal. Their is no difference at all. And this topic over here is not to create any difference.

I did not say anyone was boasting. I was defining my perspective that will not Ahlebait be hurt when one associate himself as to be their blood but his or her blood lacks their spirit. I am an Ummati, follower of your great grand father, yet I do not see many syeds following in his footsteps but feel proud to be of their blood, you are not complete syeds and what you claim is not your accomplishment. This, I say, because I am slave of Prophet Muhammad (PBUHHP) and there is misconceptions in your minds about being sadaat. Please call yourselves half sadaat and thank Allah (عزّ وجلّ) to have caused to get birth in the family of Prophet (PBUHHP).

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

On a lighter note, I have seen people react a bit negatively when they learn I am Syed. Comments like "since when did you become Syed", "nothing special about it", "what matters is imaan and taqwa" etc.

The same people will loudly and proudly exclaim they are: Jatt, Gujjar, Mughal, Arain, Niazi, Pakhtun, Sheikh, Bhutto, etc etc. When it comes to Syeds, suddenly all people are equal and only taqwa matters :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
47 minutes ago, Strange Samurai said:

I did not say anyone was boasting. I was defining my perspective that will not Ahlebait be hurt when one associate himself as to be their blood but his or her blood lacks their spirit. I am an Ummati, follower of your great grand father, yet I do not see many syeds following in his footsteps but feel proud to be of their blood, you are not complete syeds and what you claim is not your accomplishment. This, I say, because I am slave of Prophet Muhammad (PBUHHP) and there is misconceptions in your minds about being sadaat. Please call yourselves half sadaat and thank Allah (عزّ وجلّ) to have caused to get birth in the family of Prophet (PBUHHP).

Brother I completely agree with you. No one is talking about faith and humanity under the topic. Though, you raised a good point that we should be helpful towards everyone. And should do good actions to elevate ourselves rather than just claiming and boasting. Sayyids, who feel proud of their lineage will have to face in hereafter, because it is wrong. 

Sadaat simply means the descendents of the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). Their is nothing special about it. It doesn't makes us equal to the great sayyids and ahlulbayt (عليه السلام).

Just like the bani Israel were simply the children of Yaqoob (عليه السلام). That doesn't make them equal to Yousuf, Moses, Jesus (peace be on all of them).

Just like the bani Hashim were simply the children of Hashim. It doesn't makes Abu Leheb (LA) equal to Hazrat Hamza Shaheed (رضي الله عنه).

That's simple. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Zainuu said:

Brother I completely agree with you. No one is talking about faith and humanity under the topic. Though, you raised a good point that we should be helpful towards everyone. And should do good actions to elevate ourselves rather than just claiming and boasting. Sayyids, who feel proud of their lineage will have to face in hereafter, because it is wrong. 

Sadaat simply means the descendents of the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). Their is nothing special about it. It doesn't makes us equal to the great sayyids and ahlulbayt (عليه السلام).

Just like the bani Israel were simply the children of Yaqoob (عليه السلام). That doesn't make them equal to Yousuf, Moses, Jesus (peace be on all of them).

Just like the bani Hashim were simply the children of Hashim. It doesn't makes Abu Leheb (LA) equal to Hazrat Hamza Shaheed (رضي الله عنه).

That's simple. 

It is a great honor if someone is born as a Syed. But, the honor is attached with equal responsibility that is what I meant to say. A Syed before me should be near to Prophet (PBUHH) as Imam Ali (عليه السلام) showed us to whom orphans of Kufa  complained about the people hat they look down upon them for they do not know who their father is, So, Imam Ali (عليه السلام) said: "If next time someone asks you who is your father tell them that Ali ibn Abu Talib is my father". 

A Syed is highly respectable if like his face, his deeds resemble with Prophet (PBUHHP) and Ahlebait (عليه السلام). Otherwise, my respect for them as an Ummati is only due to Love of Prophet (PBUHHP) and Sacrifices of Aaimah, and for the hope that there will come from among them good people who will raise their family name by following traditions of their great forefathers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Sabrejet said:

On a lighter note, I have seen people react a bit negatively when they learn I am Syed. Comments like "since when did you become Syed", "nothing special about it", "what matters is imaan and taqwa" etc.

The same people will loudly and proudly exclaim they are: Jatt, Gujjar, Mughal, Arain, Niazi, Pakhtun, Sheikh, Bhutto, etc etc. When it comes to Syeds, suddenly all people are equal and only taqwa matters :D

Every caste is noble as it is chosen by Allah (عزّ وجلّ) to exist. No one should compare it with other and be jealous because in every nation good human have born. A Syed has no right to look down upon non-syeds nor non-syeds have right to look down upon syeds because they are born as syeds. It is not their choice nor their fault. What matters is whom does a jatt or syed follows among his forefathers? The bad one or the good one, if the bad one then a jatt is not a jatt and a syed is not a syed both are same. If they follow good, then neither a syed knows the place of jatt nor a jatt knows place of syed because they are not creators of each others. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Let it be known brothers in faith and Masters in Taqwa although masters in taqwa need not to be addressed by this lower creature to creatures of higher station for they are already aware, I only address them to let them know I respect and acknowledge their excellence over me and the higher status which you have achieved with struggle and Hardship:

Let it be known that you are either created in your castes to what you belong to create an example or to maintain the reputation of your good ones. Let it not be spoiled by you pride that you are a baloch, a pakhtun, a sindhi, a punjabi, a syed or jatt or Mirza. You all are here to Serve Allah (عزّ وجلّ) and He (عزّ وجلّ) placed his service in your reformation and welfare of the people. Let not say I belong to Rasol-Allah (SAAWW), let people testify he is Muhammadi. Your claims have no value before Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) rather its what people see in you. If your friends and foes agree on you, that's the identity you have made through your actions and not beautiful words that you describe yourself with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
19 hours ago, Strange Samurai said:

what have you done that you think will make proud Rasol-Allah (SAAWW) and our Imams ?

To answer your question I've done some things that I think would make rasulullah proud. I've fought in defense of his name on multiple occasions. The times I've said allahuma sali ala muhammedin wa ali Muhammad are too much to count. I've given sadaqa. I joined WHOISHUSSAIN.ORG. I've donated to a food drive. Even being sada we are not ma'sum but there are a lot of us that are good while others like to abuse there name. Take Sayed Kamal Al Haidari there are countless times where he's been in defense of Rasulullah and his household. And Sayed Al Sistani He created AlAYN and is helping thousands of poor and homeless.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
18 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

On a lighter note, I have seen people react a bit negatively when they learn I am Syed. Comments like "since when did you become Syed", "nothing special about it", "what matters is imaan and taqwa" etc.

The same people will loudly and proudly exclaim they are: Jatt, Gujjar, Mughal, Arain, Niazi, Pakhtun, Sheikh, Bhutto, etc etc. When it comes to Syeds, suddenly all people are equal and only taqwa matters :D

I agree with everything you said apart from the "since when did you become Syed" part. Syeds almost always only marry other Syeds, hence it's a very tight-knit community. Thus, it's virtually impossible to fabricate an entire Syed lineage in countries like Pakistan, India, Iran etc. However, there are a number of non-Syed immigrants in the UK who have mysteriously acquired the Syed title at our local UK mosque, (as per my parents)! 

Edited by Aflower
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
19 hours ago, Strange Samurai said:

You will only be complete syeds if you follow the constitution of Prophet.

Let me define the word Sayed: A descendant or relative of Rasulullah.

There can be a drug dealer(aoothubillah) and he can still be a Sayed. Just because someone is a Sayed does not mean he is a good person.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
5 minutes ago, ServantOfTheHousehold said:

Let me define the word Sayed: A descendant or relative of Rasulullah.

There can be a drug dealer(aoothubillah) and he can still be a Sayed. Just because someone is a Sayed does not mean he is a good person.

Who said Syeds are infallible? I've never understood the reason behind the spectrum of reactions that people demonstrate when they learn that someone is a Syed. Some hold them in extreme reverence. Whilst others insist on giving a lengthy diatribe about Syeds and non-Syeds being equal! It seems to be a very polarising matter. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
Just now, ServantOfTheHousehold said:

I think this is true because none of us are a ma'sum.

I agree. Hence I asked who said Syeds are infallible? The answer to that of course is: no-one. Syeds are equally as capable of committing an error as non-Syeds. So, I don't see the purpose of, or the fascination with, discussing this matter ad-nauseam. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
1 minute ago, Aflower said:

I agree. Hence I asked who said Syeds are infallible? The answer to that of course is: no-one. Syeds are equally as capable of committing an error as non-Syeds. So, I don't see the purpose of, or the fascination with, discussing this matter ad-nauseam. 

Sister I posted this topic because i was curious to see if I had some cousins on shiachat. I did not in any way want to offend anyone. If I somehow did I apologize

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
Just now, ServantOfTheHousehold said:

Sister I posted this topic because i was curious to see if I had some cousins on shiachat. I did not in any way want to offend anyone. If I somehow did I apologize

Please don't apologise - you have no need to. I fully comprehend that the intention behind your thread was only to gauge how many Syeds are on the forum. It's actually others that have derailed your thread by bringing this off-topic subject into the mix. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
5 minutes ago, ServantOfTheHousehold said:

Sister I posted this topic because i was curious to see if I had some cousins on shiachat. I did not in any way want to offend anyone. If I somehow did I apologize

It appears that we are distant cousins Alhumdullilah. :grin: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
5 hours ago, Aflower said:

However, there are a number of non-Syed immigrants in the UK who have mysteriously acquired the Syed title at our local UK mosque, (as per my parents)! 

Their are many in India actually. In Lucknow specially, their are a good amount of non-Sayeds who call themselves Sayyed. 

So, now in India this practice of Sayyed-Sayyed marriages is ending. Because a lot of fake Sayeds are their and it is even difficult to find the right matches. So, people just overlook this one constraint (which is actualky baseless).

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
4 hours ago, ServantOfTheHousehold said:

Sister I posted this topic because i was curious to see if I had some cousins on shiachat. I did not in any way want to offend anyone. If I somehow did I apologize

No, Alhumdulillah. I met with many distant cousins to be honest. 

Thankyou for bringing this. 

I see their are a lot of Zaidis on SC

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ServantOfTheHousehold said:

To answer your question I've done some things that I think would make rasulullah proud. I've fought in defense of his name on multiple occasions. The times I've said allahuma sali ala muhammedin wa ali Muhammad are too much to count. I've given sadaqa. I joined WHOISHUSSAIN.ORG. I've donated to a food drive. Even being sada we are not ma'sum but there are a lot of us that are good while others like to abuse there name. Take Sayed Kamal Al Haidari there are countless times where he's been in defense of Rasulullah and his household. And Sayed Al Sistani He created AlAYN and is helping thousands of poor and homeless.

Thank you for doing the deeds which Rasol-Allah (SAAWW) wanted his children to carry. The syeds and non-syeds like me are reminders to each other. Each one to remind the other that names matters only because actions of the persons have made them famous. Rasol-Allah (SAAWW) and his children made name "Syed" worthy of praise by their service, and it is due to this that I came to describe that being syed is not enough acting syed is praiseworthy. And, Syed Sistani and Kamal al Hyderi, May Allah (عزّ وجلّ) raise them in life and prosper them in knowledge and faithfulness towards Divine Cause, what a humble person can speak about them. You on other hand has made me proud sir, I as Ummati wanted the Children of my Savior to be like a Fort for his Ummah. So, please do not abandon sunnah of Prophet and do not abandon ummah of your Grandfather.

With Humble thanks:clap: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
On 11/26/2020 at 3:58 AM, Strange Samurai said:

Thank you for doing the deeds which Rasol-Allah (SAAWW) wanted his children to carry. The syeds and non-syeds like me are reminders to each other. Each one to remind the other that names matters only because actions of the persons have made them famous. Rasol-Allah (SAAWW) and his children made name "Syed" worthy of praise by their service, and it is due to this that I came to describe that being syed is not enough acting syed is praiseworthy. And, Syed Sistani and Kamal al Hyderi, May Allah (عزّ وجلّ) raise them in life and prosper them in knowledge and faithfulness towards Divine Cause, what a humble person can speak about them. You on other hand has made me proud sir, I as Ummati wanted the Children of my Savior to be like a Fort for his Ummah. So, please do not abandon sunnah of Prophet and do not abandon ummah of your Grandfather.

With Humble thanks:clap: 

Everything I did is something anyone can do Sayed or not.

But a lot of people see that Sada are the example. They see them and assume they are  people who can help guide them on the right path because there bloodline flows back to the prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). By Allah there are good people who are sada. But also Bad people who are sada too. The Sayed is not always the good guy. 

And yes Brother I will never leave Islam. I'm proud to be called Muslim! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

I myself aren't a syeda/ alweia , but my dad is from hashemite tribe (family of prophet muhammed sawa) my grand mother is from Bani-abbass ( no worry NOT from the people who supported the killing of imam hussain or ahlalbayt as) 

my mom is from a whoooole different tribe.. she is not from Ismael (عليه السلام) BUT from isaac (عليه السلام) she has ancient origin from jerusalem and we are seen as byzantinaian (roem) because the family tribe got mixed with them.. also my mom growed up as a believer in 1 god, alhamdullilah, she was a student and got converted to shia islam she was reading lots of old testaments,zaboor and many more old scriptures.. and later on meeted a syed from india who was educating her about his belief and religion.. And then later on she got inspired of it and converted to shia-islam..and not really too long after that she found my dad... 

i myself do respect everyone and see the (orthodox)christians, (orthodox )jews as my own brothers .. i totally don't discriminate.

i had times i was laughed upon by my family members of my dad side btw not all ( because me and my younger brother arent fully arabs) but i really don't care what the racist people think and say.. 

that makes me 50% hashemite, 50%byzantinian.........AND I AM PROUD OF IT (i dont care what the racist will say)!! i enjoy being a hybride, alhamdullilah for everything.. 

also it has lots of benefits growing up as a hybrid als because my parents are from whole different countries.. for example as a child i learned really fast how to speak 4 languages

50%ismael50%isaac

Edited by F.M
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, F.M said:

but my dad is from hashemite tribe (family of prophet muhammed sawa)

That means you are sada because if your father is then you are. Both your parent don't have to be sada for you to be a descendant of Rasulullah.

If your mother is and your father isn't that makes you a meerzah.

I don't know why it doesn't apply for women.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
Just now, ServantOfTheHousehold said:

That means you are sada because if your father is then you are. Both your parent don't have to be sada for you to be a descendant of Rasulullah.

If your mother is and your father isn't that makes you a meerzah.

I don't know why it doesn't apply for women.

my dad isnt syed..

he isnt from descendands of prophet muhammed but more from the cousins of him..

TBH, it can be possible that my dad has also saada in his familly, because its all mixed 

I dont think my dad is sayed

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, F.M said:

my dad isnt syed..

he isnt from descendands of prophet muhammed but more from the cousins of him..

TBH, it can be possible that my dad has also saada in his familly, because its all mixed 

I dont think my dad is sayed

That still makes him a Sayed. All of Banu Hashem were Sada sister.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, ServantOfTheHousehold said:

That still makes him a Sayed. All of Banu Hashem were Sada sister.

really?? i tought only the descendands of prophet muhammed sawa..

still i dont think my dad isnt because my grandfather hasnt and hashemite last name.. just like my grandmother (abbasi)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
Just now, ServantOfTheHousehold said:

Jews and Christians are still people.:respect::cuddle:

yeah totally agree!!!

may allah bless the descendands of isaac (as long they are good people).. they went also trough a hard time just like the family of ahlalbayt

actaully if you put all our books together you will see so many similarities

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
15 minutes ago, F.M said:

I myself aren't a syeda/ alweia , but my dad is from hashemite tribe (family of prophet muhammed sawa) my grand mother is from Bani-abbass ( no worry NOT from the people who supported the killing of imam hussain or ahlalbayt as) 

my mom is from a whoooole different tribe.. she is not from Ismael (عليه السلام) BUT from isaac (عليه السلام) she has ancient origin from jerusalem and we are seen as byzantinaian (roem) because the family tribe got mixed with them.. also my mom growed up as a believer in 1 god, alhamdullilah, she was a student and got converted to shia islam she was reading lots of old testaments,zaboor and many more old scriptures.. and later on meeted a syed from india who was educating her about his belief and religion.. And then later on she got inspired of it and converted to shia-islam..and not really too long after that she found my dad... 

i myself do respect everyone and see the (orthodox)christians, (orthodox )jews as my own brothers .. i totally don't discriminate.

i had times i was laughed upon by my family members of my dad side btw not all ( because me and my younger brother arent fully arabs) but i really don't care what the racist people think and say.. 

that makes me 50% hashemite, 50%byzantinian.........AND I AM PROUD OF IT (i dont care what the racist will say)!! i enjoy being a hybride, alhamdullilah for everything.. 

also it has lots of benefits growing up as a hybrid als because my parents are from whole different countries.. for example as a child i learned really fast how to speak 4 languages

50%ismael50%isaac

Mashallah, 

You have a very interesting ancestral background sister. 

For the very first time I heard someone in the descendents of Banu Abbas. Really interesting. 

Similarly on your mom's side too. You have a really complex ancestry over and all. 

And yes you are right, it is good to learn more and more languages and if most of them come from the parents only, that's even good. Mashallah.

Just curious

Do you have any Palestinian relatives? I guess their are. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, Zainuu said:

Do you have any Palestinian relatives? I guess their are. 

not really ( but obviously it should be, but trough wars, lots people escaping from jerusalem etc..evryone got divided)!! we only have orthodox-family and mine family escaped to the northern slavic-countries..

just like lots sayed escaped to pakistan/india.. same happened to looots of ansestors of isaac (as long they stood believers) they got taken by byzantinians and my family ended u in slavic countries

Also thank you soo much for youre kind words...

may allah bless you

Edited by F.M
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, F.M said:

really?? i tought only the descendands of prophet muhammed sawa..

still i dont think my dad isnt because my grandfather hasnt and hashemite last name.. just like my grandmother (abbasi)

 

when my parents took us to Iraq my parents wanted to go to other places like Kuwait and Iran and Qatar. When we went to Kuwait a Sayed invited us to his HUGE MASION with ELEVATORS in it. He was from Banu Hashem he wasn't a direct descendent of Ahlulbayt (aasws) but he was still a Sayed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...