Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Any Sada on Shiachat??

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

  • Advanced Member

Hi guys:clap:

So I basically left Shiachat for a while. I feel lame for that because I think of shiachat as my family:cuddle:.

Anyways back to the topic!

Any descendants of Rasulullah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)??

I am.

I would love to hear the answers!

Wassalam

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Both my parents share lineages to Imams, my mother is Al-Yasiri and my father is Al-Sharifi. I never really looked at any family tree and formally traced back my lineage, I believe I descend from the

Let me define the word Sayed: A descendant or relative of Rasulullah. There can be a drug dealer(aoothubillah) and he can still be a Sayed. Just because someone is a Sayed does not mean he is a g

Yes actually. My uncle lives on a farm and he had a horse. The horse was pregnant(it was a female obviously) and was sick. My Elder brother prayed for her and she gave birth safely and was better

  • Advanced Member
25 minutes ago, ServantOfTheHousehold said:

So I basically left Shiachat for a while

Wasalam,  welcome back. I also left Shiachat for a while, but came back. I was thinking of leaving it for good but didn't alhumdulillah.

Yes I'm from the line of Imam al-Hadi (عليه السلام). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, ServantOfTheHousehold said:

Hi guys:clap:

So I basically left Shiachat for a while. I feel lame for that because I think of shiachat as my family:cuddle:.

Anyways back to the topic!

Any descendants of Rasulullah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)??

I am.

I would love to hear the answers!

Wassalam

Salaam

Yes alhumdulillah!!

I am from the lineage of Imam Zain ul Abideen (عليه السلام) through his son Hazrat Zaid The Martyr (رضي الله عنه).

May Allah bless you. 

Edited by Zainuu
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
11 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Wasalam,  welcome back. I also left Shiachat for a while, but came back. I was thinking of leaving it for good but didn't alhumdulillah.

Yes I'm from the line of Imam al-Hadi (عليه السلام). 

thats great!!

alhamdulillah

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
10 hours ago, Zainuu said:

Salaam

Yes alhumdulillah!!

I am from the lineage of Imam Zain ul Abideen (عليه السلام) through his son Hazrat Zaid The Martyr (رضي الله عنه).

May Allah bless you. 

Woww your lucky

Im from Imam Musa al Kazim (عليه السلام) im not sure which son because he has so many. I think Al Qasim (عليه السلام) or Ibrahim (عليه السلام). Again not too sure.

Wow so that makes us distant cousins!! So cool:D:clap:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

I am a Musawi Sayed from the tree of Ibrāhīm Ibn Muhammad Ibn Imam al Kadhim (عليهم السلام).

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

I'm descended from Imam Sajjad's ((عليه السلام)) son, Zayd ibn Ali ((رضي الله عنه)).

We used to have a family tree somewhere; last I heard, it was preserved somewhere in my grandfather's now-lost diary. It might still exist somewhere in my family; I believe I can have it made again someday if Pakistanis can visit India freely one day. Some of the local shrines meticulously keep records of Saadat families there.

Edited by Sabrejet
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
12 hours ago, ServantOfTheHousehold said:

Hi guys:clap:

So I basically left Shiachat for a while. I feel lame for that because I think of shiachat as my family:cuddle:.

Anyways back to the topic!

Any descendants of Rasulullah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)??

I am.

I would love to hear the answers!

Wassalam

WS. Yes, I descend from Imam Zainul Abideen (عليه السلام)'s family via both my Mother and Father. 

My Mother's a Zaidi and my Father's an Abedi. I don't quite know what the difference between those surnames are. I vaguely recall having this conversation with my Father many years ago but I don't recollect the exact explanation he gave me. If anyone could elaborate on this it would be useful. Thanks.

Edited by Aflower
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
23 minutes ago, ServantOfTheHousehold said:

Woww your lucky

Im from Imam Musa al Kazim (عليه السلام) im not sure which son because he has so many. I think Al Qasim (عليه السلام) or Ibrahim (عليه السلام). Again not too sure.

Wow so that makes us distant cousins!! So cool:D:clap:

Yesssss!! 

Oh! that's really wonderful. Hahaha

:D

I have two of my first cousins from the lineage of Imam al Kazim (عليه السلام).

Just curious, are you an Indian? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
36 minutes ago, Ansur Shiat Ali said:

I am a Musawi Sayed from the tree of Ibrāhīm Ibn Muhammad Ibn Imam al Kadhim (عليهم السلام).

yayy very close reletives

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
11 minutes ago, Zainuu said:

Yesssss!! 

Oh! that's really wonderful. Hahaha

:D

I have two of my first cousins from the lineage of Imam al Kazim (عليه السلام).

Just curious, are you an Indian? 

no but i'm Iraqi. LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
46 minutes ago, Aflower said:

WS. Yes, I descend from Imam Zainul Abideen (عليه السلام)'s family via both my Mother and Father. 

My Mother's a Zaidi and my Father's an Abedi. I don't quite know what the difference between those surnames are. I vaguely recall having this conversation with my Father many years ago but I don't recollect the exact explanation he gave me. If anyone could elaborate on this it would be useful. Thanks.

that makes you and brother @Zainuu closer cousins!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
55 minutes ago, Aflower said:

My Mother's a Zaidi and my Father's an Abedi. I don't quite know what the difference between those surnames are. I vaguely recall having this conversation with my Father many years ago but I don't recollect the exact explanation he gave me.

Salaam sister,

Zaidis are from the lineage of Hazrat Zaid shaheed (رضي الله عنه) son of Imam Ali ibn al Hussain (عليه السلام) while Abidis maybe come from other sons of Imam Ali ibn al Hussain (عليه السلام) except Imam Baqir (عليه السلام) and Shaheed Zaid (رضي الله عنه) (just a guess).

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

Both my parents share lineages to Imams, my mother is Al-Yasiri and my father is Al-Sharifi. I never really looked at any family tree and formally traced back my lineage, I believe I descend from the line of Imam Hussein ((عليه السلام).) Regardless of whether we share such lineages or not it is important to keep in mind that it is our God-consciousness that matters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Sabrejet said:

I'm descended from Imam Sajjad's ((عليه السلام)) son, Zayd ibn Ali ((رضي الله عنه)).

We used to have a family tree somewhere; last I heard, it was preserved somewhere in my grandfather's now-lost diary. It might still exist somewhere in my family; I believe I can have it made again someday if Pakistanis can visit India freely one day. Some of the local shrines meticulously keep records of Saadat families there.

Salaam dear brother, 

I am an Indian Zaidi. Their is a book of lineage tree that was with my grandfather. He departed unfortunately this year. But I have seen that book and took the screenshots of my branch. 

Our Zaidi lineage in India is from Abul Faravasti. Can you tell me where you lived in India before partition. I think you are my close one maybe 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Zainuu said:

Salaam sister,

Zaidis are from the lineage of Hazrat Zaid shaheed (رضي الله عنه) son of Imam Ali ibn al Hussain (عليه السلام) while Abidis maybe come from other sons of Imam Ali ibn al Hussain (عليه السلام) except Imam Baqir (عليه السلام) and Shaheed Zaid (رضي الله عنه) (just a guess).

W/Salam. Thank you for your response. The surname Abedi comes from the name Abedeen (ref. Imam Zainul Abedeen (عليه السلام)). Zaidi comes from the name Zainul (again ref. Imam Zainul Abedeen (عليه السلام)/). What I meant was, I don't know why if both my parents lineage is from the same Imam, why there's then a variation in their surnames. I will have a chat with other family members from Pakistan at some point and get back to you about the same. 

Edited by Aflower
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Sabrejet said:

Btw do other Syed families have extremely secret supernatural events in their families that they never tell any outsiders, or is it just my family?

What? No!!! Please do elaborate what you're referring to.

Edited by Aflower
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
6 minutes ago, Aflower said:

Zaidi comes from the name Zainul (again ref. Imam Zainul Abedeen (عليه السلام)/)

No, I think this part you got it wrong. Zaidi is not from Zainul but from Hazrat Zaid shaheed. I am damn sure as my grandfather had a book of lineage for the Zaidi part. 

It starts from Hazrat Adam. It was actually brought from Iran or Iraq by the Nawabs of Jansath, India. 

So, Zaidi comes from Zaid but for Abedi I am not sure. 

Edited by Zainuu
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
10 minutes ago, starlight said:

Like what?

Let's just say that

1-martyr's bodies do stay fresh in their graves. Those aren't mere metaphorical traditions.

2- A momin can perform great feats of strength when Allah decides to grant him

3- When our Imam al-Hujjah said "whoever claims to represent me now is a liar" (you know the narration I'm talking about), it doesn't necessarily mean what most people think it means.

 

That's all I'll reveal. For the believers in my family, these stories serve as a source of inspiration and strengthen our faith. To those who don't hold faith in great importance, they serve as interesting anecdotes, nothing more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
24 minutes ago, Zainuu said:

No, I think this part you got it wrong. Zaidi is not from Zainul but from Hazrat Zaid shaheed. I am damn sure as my grandfather had a book of lineage for the Zaidi part. 

It starts from Hazrat Adam. It was actually brought from Iran or Iraq by the Nawabs of Jansath, India. 

So, Zaidi comes from Zaid but for Abedi I am not sure. 

@ZainuuThat's an interesting perspective. We have some family in India too - Lucknow. I can not understand their Lucknowi Urdu. It's so different to Pakistani Urdu. I will definitely take some time out at some point and look into this subject properly.  We are also originally Iranian but we are no longer in touch with any of our family from there. 

Edited by Aflower
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
40 minutes ago, Zainuu said:

No, I think this part you got it wrong. Zaidi is not from Zainul but from Hazrat Zaid shaheed. I am damn sure as my grandfather had a book of lineage for the Zaidi part. 

It starts from Hazrat Adam. It was actually brought from Iran or Iraq by the Nawabs of Jansath, India. 

So, Zaidi comes from Zaid but for Abedi I am not sure. 

I did a quick google search and this is what I found out about Hazrat Zaid Shaheed that you referenced: he is the SON of Imam Zainul Abedeen (عليه السلام). Ref: https://sites.google.com/site/alabbasfamilytreeshajra/zaid-ash-shaheed.

So, if what you said is correct and Zaidi's come from Hazrat Zaid Shaheed's family, then obviously, by default, with Imam Zainul Abedeen (عليه السلام). being his father, that would then be the Imam that my mother's lineage stems from. 

How very interesting! 

Parents.                                 Ali ibn Husayn Zayn al-Abidin(Father) 
                                                                        Jayda al-Sindhi (Mother)
Senior postingTitle                Zayd ash-Shaheed (Arabic for Zayd the Martyr ) 
 
Edited by Aflower
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
35 minutes ago, Aflower said:

How very interesting! 

Yes actually. And this distinction is their only for Hazrat Zaid shaheed (رضي الله عنه) as far as I know. None of the sayyeds is actually having a surname of a son of Imam (عليه السلام) who is not an infallible except for Zaidis. 

Just quoting this as it is interesting. Definitely nothing is special about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Aflower said:

@ZainuuThat's an interesting perspective. We have some family in India too - Lucknow. I can not understand their Lucknowi Urdu. It's so different to Pakistani Urdu. I will definitely take some time out at some point and look into this subject properly.  We are also originally Iranian but we are no longer in touch with any of our family from there. 

Actually sister we all have an Iranian origin finally. 

I guess your Indian relatives would be from paternal side because Zaidis are basically in the western part of Uttar Pradesh and Haryana. Abedis, Rizvis, Naqvis are mostly in the Lucknow and surrounding region (East Uttar Pradesh).

Kazmis in India are also in the western uttar pradesh

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
8 hours ago, Mohammad313Ali said:

Both my parents share lineages to Imams, my mother is Al-Yasiri and my father is Al-Sharifi. I never really looked at any family tree and formally traced back my lineage, I believe I descend from the line of Imam Hussein ((عليه السلام).) Regardless of whether we share such lineages or not it is important to keep in mind that it is our God-consciousness that matters.

woow lucky:grin:

And your right it is very important to keep in mind our god consciousness! 

Thanks for sharing!

Edited by ServantOfTheHousehold
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
5 hours ago, Zainuu said:

who is not an infallible except for Zaidis.

Salam Brother, just curious but are you a Zaidi

Edited by ServantOfTheHousehold
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
8 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

Btw do other Syed families have extremely secret supernatural events in their families that they never tell any outsiders, or is it just my family?

Yes actually.

My uncle lives on a farm and he had a horse. The horse was pregnant(it was a female obviously) and was sick. My Elder brother prayed for her and she gave birth safely and was better. Somehow somebody found out and all of the Muslims that we knew called and asked for my brothers prayer.

The phone did not sleep well and neither did we:shifty: LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
12 hours ago, Mohammad313Ali said:

Regardless of whether we share such lineages or not it is important to keep in mind that it is our God-consciousness that matters

Yeah that I agree brother. But in the matters of Khums and Zakaat it becomes important to see who is a Sayed and non-Sayed. Many people you'll find who call themselves Sayed while they aren't. 

Even if someone is studying Islamic scholarship, the white imama is for a non-sayed shia while black is for a sayed. And their is one more I think may be for the revert scholar.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am the son of the servants of Ahlebait (عليه السلام). To all Syeds and Sayadaat, what have you done that you think will make proud Rasol-Allah (SAAWW) and our Imams ? I am still unsure whether they are happy or not but at least know that they do not hate me otherwise I would not have been blessed by their love. So, they love me, but have I done enough to claim even as being son of servants of Ahlebait (عليه السلام) ? Because my elders did their best, but being connected to them does not elevate my place only because of my connection with them.

So, all Syeds what's your own reputation apart from that which is because of Prophet (PBUHHP) and not due to yourselves. Have you alleviated the Ummah of Rasol-Allah (SAAWW) by saying that you are born Syeds to inspire them with your character and make them realize that you are born for their service as Imam Ali Reza (عليه السلام) said. Do you sit with poor and let him not be overwhelmed by the pomp and show and rejection of the rich. Have you tried to fight social evils that are erupting under your own noses where the women in tribal areas are given in your homes as asylums while wrong is been done with which you are entrusted to save them and instead of doing that established separate places where they can be ensured of safety from every nook and cranny. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...