Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Temporary marriage?

Rate this topic

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Nightclaw said:

Prostitutes near the Ka'bah approaching you on multiple times? I doubt it, especially if it was a fear meters away from the Ka'bah. There are police there and they are well-aware of prostitutes in Mecca and there are certain things you need to do before entering the vicinity of al-Haraam. Prostitutes approached you while there were multitudes of police? While everyone was circling the Ka'bah? Out of all the places they choose, they go to the Ka'bah and the forefront, where the police reside? It does not make any sense for more than one reason, so I am inclined to not believe you.

As for what these prostitutes do concerning this, I am not sure if they wait two months. All I know is that is that the clerics permit it and it is known they do this, but the government does nothing.

I was outside the masjid, near the mall, you know the big mall Al Saud built next to the Kaaba. If you went to Mecca you would know exactly where I am talking about. I never said they approached me inside the masjid, while doing Tawaf. Yes, there were police around, but so what ? When a women you don't know pulls on your arm and asks you if you want to go 'have fun' what do you think that is ? Yes, I know enough Arabic to know what they were saying. Of course you doubt it, I figured you would. You doubt when it's convenient for you to do that. 

BTW, no I didn't report it to the police, and most people , if they have a heart wouldn't do that for the simple fact that I know most of these women don't choose to, they were put in this position due to desperate circumstances. 

Edited by Abu Hadi
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think on must consider all these Traditions on Mutah from Sihaah Sitta then decide if it was haram or not. Sahih Bukhari: Narrated 'Abdullah: We used to participate in the holy battle

Im not knowledgeable enough to take part in the conversation, but im following

I cannot accept that line of reasoning. The reason why is because if everything that is coming out of the mouth of the Messenger of Allah(p.b.u.h) is wahiy (revelation from Allah(s.w.a)) and everythin

Posted Images

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, Abu Hadi said:

I was outside the masjid, near the mall, you know the big mall Al Saud built next to the Kaaba. If you went to Mecca you would know exactly where I am talking about. Yes, there were police around, but so what ? When a women you don't know pulls on your arm and asks you if you want to go 'have fun' what do you think that is ? Yes, I know enough Arabic to know what they were saying. Of course you doubt it, I figured you would. You doubt when it's convenient for you to do that. 

Son, do you know how much a meter is? When you say "a few meters", that is very close to al-Haraam - literally a few seconds away. That is why I doubted it, not because it was convenient. Make sure your wording is proper next time before you make accusations because it is quite irritating, especially when you goofed up the wording. The mall is more than a "few meters" from al-Haraam. Make your words precise next time.

Of course there are prostitutes in Mecca. That is not the point. You are making the tu quoque fallacy which does not work here. There are prostitutes all over the world, but how many do it under the banner of Islam and say it is temporary marriage? The Red Light District sure does not. Downtown Houston does not, either - both places are non-Muslim.

My point is that Iran allows it and does not stop these places from doing what they are doing. These are official places. They do the waiting periods and whatnot while both parties are consenting - so there is technically nothing wrong with it and it is permissible. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Nightclaw said:

Son, do you know how much a meter is? When you say "a few meters", that is very close to al-Haraam - literally a few seconds away. That is why I doubted it, not because it was convenient. Make sure your wording is proper next time before you make accusations because it is quite irritating, especially when you goofed up the wording. The mall is more than a "few meters" from al-Haraam. Make your words precise next time.

Of course there are prostitutes in Mecca. That is not the point. You are making the tu quoque fallacy which does not work here. There are prostitutes all over the world, but how many do it under the banner of Islam and say it is temporary marriage? The Red Light District sure does not. Downtown Houston does not, either - both places are non-Muslim.

My point is that Iran allows it and does not stop these places from doing what they are doing. These are official places. They do the waiting periods and whatnot while both parties are consenting - so there is technically nothing wrong with it and it is permissible. 

Yes. I know how much a meter is. A few is not specific, so a few could mean 2,3,10,20, etc. You know that the mall is right next to the masjid, so in my mind that's a few. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding. The main point still stands. Wherever you have a lot of people, and a lot of foreigners, you will also have prostitutes. It doesn't matter if the place is Holy or not. 

Why would Iran stop people from doing Mutah ? It is legal in Iran. As for them being 'official places' I haven't seen any evidence of this. If you have evidence, please present it. 

The other thing I wanted to say is that when you buy into this narrative, created by Kufar and Mushrikeen, that Iran is the enemy, and Shia are the enemy of Sunnis because they do Mutah, visit the Shrines of Imams((عليه السلام)), etc, then you are giving 'aid and comfort' to the enemy of all muslims, which are the Kufar and Mushrikeen. I know you may not do this deliberately or believe in it explicitly, but when you push this narrative you are promoting it.

I have said this many times, our Sunni brothers and sisters are our brothers and sisters. We are one Ummah, as the Holy Quran states. We have the Same Rasoul, Same Kibla, Same Kitab(Holy Quran), let's focus more on that rather than the other stuff we disagree about. We can talk about the other stuff, but lets not let things get to the point where we start to hate, resent, or demonize each other because of those differences. 

Also, mutah is mostly a non issue because the vast majority of Shia have never done mutah. They get married thru Zawaj Nikah(also called permanent marriage), the same way our Sunni brothers and Sisters do. There is not much difference, in actual fact. It is amazing to me how people get so upset and want to have these vast discussion about an issue that is , mostly ,theoretical only. Yes, theoretically, a Shia man and a Shia women can do mutah. But ask a Shia man who has actually asked a Shia women to do mutah about his experience. Not pleasant, probably. The response of the Shia girl would be basically 'I know it's allowed, it's not something I would do'. It might be more rude than that. 

Edited by Abu Hadi
  • Advanced Member
51 minutes ago, Nightclaw said:

I do not care about your sources. Show me from my source where Al-Faruq prohibited it before the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). We can get into the nitty-gritty once you provide evidence 'Umar al-Faruq prohibited first. All these narrations do not say anything as you have claimed. 

Prove it from our books. I will not respond to you until you do so. 

Al Ghadeer Volume 6, probably from page 282 onwards. Unfortunately I only have the Urdu version. Most of the volume is dedicated to examples of Umar's ijtehad. It's purely sourced from sunni sources btw.

I mentioned this book to you once before a few weeks ago, but you didn't comment.

• Advanced Member
5 minutes ago, Sabrejet said:

Al Ghadeer Volume 6, probably from page 282 onwards. Unfortunately I only have the Urdu version. Most of the volume is dedicated to examples of Umar's ijtehad. It's purely sourced from sunni sources btw.

I mentioned this book to you once before a few weeks ago, but you didn't comment.

I am unsure if nobody is understanding what I am saying, but it has gotten ridiculous now. The claim was that 'Umar al-Faruq (may Allah be pleased with him) prohibited it INITIALLY and ORIGINALLY - nobody else.

If this is the claim, then provide evidence from OUR BOOKS that state such things. I do not care which narration, just bring it. Prove that 'Umar al-Faruq was the FIRST to prohibit it from OUR books. You can make the second claim that he did ijtihad all you'd like, but we will cross that bridge when we get there. For now, I want evidence for the claim that 'Umar was the first to prohibit this. If you cannot, then admit that your ignorance spoke for you and that you were wrong - or provide evidence that supports this claim. It is that simple. I do not care for these other things because they do not support the claim. 

I have given evidence from our books that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) prohibited it initially at Khaybar. Bring evidence that proves otherwise - from OUR books.

• Advanced Member
34 minutes ago, Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi said:

I think on must consider all these Traditions on Mutah from Sihaah Sitta then decide if it was haram or not.

Sahih Bukhari:

Narrated 'Abdullah:

We used to participate in the holy battles led by Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) and we had nothing (no wives) with us. So we said, "Shall we get ourselves castrated?" He forbade us that and then allowed us to marry women with a temporary contract (2) and recited to us: -- 'O you who believe ! Make not unlawful the good things which Allah has made lawful for you, but commit no transgression.' (5.87)

حَدَّثَنَا قُتَيْبَةُ بْنُ سَعِيدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا جَرِيرٌ، عَنْ إِسْمَاعِيلَ، عَنْ قَيْسٍ، قَالَ قَالَ عَبْدُ اللَّهِ كُنَّا نَغْزُو مَعَ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم وَلَيْسَ لَنَا شَىْءٌ فَقُلْنَا أَلاَ نَسْتَخْصِي فَنَهَانَا عَنْ ذَلِكَ ثُمَّ رَخَّصَ لَنَا أَنْ نَنْكِحَ الْمَرْأَةَ بِالثَّوْبِ، ثُمَّ قَرَأَ عَلَيْنَا ‏{‏يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لاَ تُحَرِّمُوا طَيِّبَاتِ مَا أَحَلَّ اللَّهُ لَكُمْ وَلاَ تَعْتَدُوا إِنَّ اللَّهَ لاَ يُحِبُّ الْمُعْتَدِينَ‏}‏‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih al-Bukhari 5075
In-book reference     : Book 67, Hadith 13
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Vol. 7, Book 62, Hadith 13

Sahih Muslim:

Abdullah (b. Mas'ud) reported:

We were on an expedition with Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) and we had no women with us. We said: Should we not have ourselves castrated? He (the Holy Prophet) forbade us to do so He then granted us permission that we should contract temporary marriage for a stipulated period giving her a garment, and 'Abdullah then recited this verse: 'Those who believe do not make unlawful the good things which Allah has made lawful for you, and do not transgress. Allah does not like trangressers" (al-Qur'an, v. 87).
حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ نُمَيْرٍ الْهَمْدَانِيُّ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبِي وَوَكِيعٌ، وَابْنُ، بِشْرٍ عَنْ إِسْمَاعِيلَ، عَنْ قَيْسٍ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ عَبْدَ اللَّهِ، يَقُولُ كُنَّا نَغْزُو مَعَ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم لَيْسَ لَنَا نِسَاءٌ فَقُلْنَا أَلاَ نَسْتَخْصِي فَنَهَانَا عَنْ ذَلِكَ ثُمَّ رَخَّصَ لَنَا أَنْ نَنْكِحَ الْمَرْأَةَ بِالثَّوْبِ إِلَى أَجَلٍ ثُمَّ قَرَأَ عَبْدُ اللَّهِ ‏{‏ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لاَ تُحَرِّمُوا طَيِّبَاتِ مَا أَحَلَّ اللَّهُ لَكُمْ وَلاَ تَعْتَدُوا إِنَّ اللَّهَ لاَ يُحِبُّ الْمُعْتَدِينَ‏}‏ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1404 a
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 13
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3243

Jabir b. 'Abdullah and Salama b. al-Akwa' said:

There came to us the proclaimer of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) and said: Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) has granted you permission to benefit yourselves, i. e. to contract temporary marriage with women.
وَحَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ بَشَّارٍ، حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ جَعْفَرٍ، حَدَّثَنَا شُعْبَةُ، عَنْ عَمْرِو بْنِ دِينَارٍ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ الْحَسَنَ بْنَ مُحَمَّدٍ، يُحَدِّثُ عَنْ جَابِرِ بْنِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، وَسَلَمَةَ بْنِ الأَكْوَعِ، قَالاَ خَرَجَ عَلَيْنَا مُنَادِي رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَقَالَ إِنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَدْ أَذِنَ لَكُمْ أَنْ تَسْتَمْتِعُوا ‏.‏ يَعْنِي مُتْعَةَ النِّسَاءِ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1405 a
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 16
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3246

Salama b. al. Akwa' and Jabir b. Abdullah reported:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) came to us and permitted us to contract temporary marriage.
وَحَدَّثَنِي أُمَيَّةُ بْنُ بِسْطَامَ الْعَيْشِيُّ، حَدَّثَنَا يَزِيدُ، - يَعْنِي ابْنَ زُرَيْعٍ - حَدَّثَنَا رَوْحٌ، - يَعْنِي ابْنَ الْقَاسِمِ - عَنْ عَمْرِو بْنِ دِينَارٍ، عَنِ الْحَسَنِ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ، عَنْ سَلَمَةَ بْنِ الأَكْوَعِ، وَجَابِرِ بْنِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم أَتَانَا فَأَذِنَ لَنَا فِي الْمُتْعَةِ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1405 b
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 17
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3247

Ibn Uraij reported:

'Ati' reported that jibir b. Abdullah came to perform 'Umra, and we came to his abode, and the people asked him about different things, and then they made a mention of temporary marriage, whereupon he said: Yes, we had been benefiting ourselves by this temporary marriage during the lifetime of the Prophet (ﷺ) and during the time of Abu Bakr and 'Umar.
وَحَدَّثَنَا الْحَسَنُ الْحُلْوَانِيُّ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الرَّزَّاقِ، أَخْبَرَنَا ابْنُ جُرَيْجٍ، قَالَ قَالَ عَطَاءٌ قَدِمَ جَابِرُ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ مُعْتَمِرًا فَجِئْنَاهُ فِي مَنْزِلِهِ فَسَأَلَهُ الْقَوْمُ عَنْ أَشْيَاءَ ثُمَّ ذَكَرُوا الْمُتْعَةَ فَقَالَ نَعَمِ اسْتَمْتَعْنَا عَلَى عَهْدِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم وَأَبِي بَكْرٍ وَعُمَرَ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1405 c
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 18
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3248

Jabir b. 'Abdullah reported:

We contracted temporary marriage giving a handful of (tales or flour as a dower during the lifetime of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) and durnig the time of Abu Bakr until 'Umar forbade it in the case of 'Amr b. Huraith.
حَدَّثَنِي مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ رَافِعٍ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الرَّزَّاقِ، أَخْبَرَنَا ابْنُ جُرَيْجٍ، أَخْبَرَنِي أَبُو الزُّبَيْرِ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ جَابِرَ بْنَ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، يَقُولُ كُنَّا نَسْتَمْتِعُ بِالْقُبْضَةِ مِنَ التَّمْرِ وَالدَّقِيقِ الأَيَّامَ عَلَى عَهْدِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم وَأَبِي بَكْرٍ حَتَّى نَهَى عَنْهُ عُمَرُ فِي شَأْنِ عَمْرِو بْنِ حُرَيْثٍ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1405 d
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 19
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3249

Iyas b. Salama reported on the authority of his father that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) gave sanction for contracting temporary marriage for three nights in the year of Autas 1847 and then forbade it.

حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو بَكْرِ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ، حَدَّثَنَا يُونُسُ بْنُ مُحَمَّدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الْوَاحِدِ بْنُ زِيَادٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو عُمَيْسٍ، عَنْ إِيَاسِ بْنِ سَلَمَةَ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، قَالَ رَخَّصَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم عَامَ أَوْطَاسٍ فِي الْمُتْعَةِ ثَلاَثًا ثُمَّ نَهَى عَنْهَا ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1405 f
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 21
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3251

Sabra Juhanni reported:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) permitted temporary marriage for us. So I and another person went out and saw a woman of Bana 'Amir, who was like a young long-necked she-camel. We presented ourselves to her (for contracting temporary marriage), whereupon she said: What dower would you give me? I said: My cloak. And my companion also said: My cloak. And the cloak of-my companion was superior to my cloak, but I was younger than he. So when she looked at the cloak of my companion she liked it, and when she cast a glance at me I looked more attractive to her. She then said: Well, you and your cloak are sufficient for me. I remained with her for three nights, and then Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said: He who has any such woman with whom he had contracted temporary marriage, he should let her off.
وَحَدَّثَنَا قُتَيْبَةُ بْنُ سَعِيدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا لَيْثٌ، عَنِ الرَّبِيعِ بْنِ سَبْرَةَ الْجُهَنِيِّ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، سَبْرَةَ أَنَّهُ قَالَ أَذِنَ لَنَا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم بِالْمُتْعَةِ فَانْطَلَقْتُ أَنَا وَرَجُلٌ إِلَى امْرَأَةٍ مِنْ بَنِي عَامِرٍ كَأَنَّهَا بَكْرَةٌ عَيْطَاءُ فَعَرَضْنَا عَلَيْهَا أَنْفُسَنَا فَقَالَتْ مَا تُعْطِي فَقُلْتُ رِدَائِي ‏.‏ وَقَالَ صَاحِبِي رِدَائِي ‏.‏ وَكَانَ رِدَاءُ صَاحِبِي أَجْوَدَ مِنْ رِدَائِي وَ كُنْتُ أَشَبَّ مِنْهُ فَإِذَا نَظَرَتْ إِلَى رِدَاءِ صَاحِبِي أَعْجَبَهَا وَإِذَا نَظَرَتْ إِلَىَّ أَعْجَبْتُهَا ثُمَّ قَالَتْ أَنْتَ وَرِدَاؤُكَ يَكْفِينِي ‏.‏ فَمَكَثْتُ مَعَهَا ثَلاَثًا ثُمَّ إِنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏ "‏ مَنْ كَانَ عِنْدَهُ شَىْءٌ مِنْ هَذِهِ النِّسَاءِ الَّتِي يَتَمَتَّعُ فَلْيُخَلِّ سَبِيلَهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1406 a
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 22
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3252

Rabi' b. Sabra reported that his father went on an expedition with Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) during the Victory of Mecca, and we stayed there for fifteen days (i. e. for thirteen full days and a day and a night), and Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) permitted us to contract temporary marriage with women. So I and another person of my tribe went out, and I was more handsome than he, whereas he was almost ugly. Each one of us had a cloaks, My cloak was worn out, whereas the cloak of my cousin was quite new. As we reached the lower or the upper side of Mecca, we came across a young woman like a young smart long-necked she-camel. We said:

Is it possible that one of us may contract temporary marriage with you? She said: What will you give me as a dower? Each one of us spread his cloak. She began to cast a glance on both the persons. My companion also looked at her when she was casting a glance at her side and he said: This cloak of his is worn out, whereas my cloak is quite new. She, however, said twice or thrice: There is no harm in (accepting) this cloak (the old one). So I contracted temporary marriage with her, and I did not come out (of this) until Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) declared it forbidden.
حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو كَامِلٍ، فُضَيْلُ بْنُ حُسَيْنٍ الْجَحْدَرِيُّ حَدَّثَنَا بِشْرٌ، - يَعْنِي ابْنَ مُفَضَّلٍ - حَدَّثَنَا عُمَارَةُ بْنُ غَزِيَّةَ، عَنِ الرَّبِيعِ بْنِ سَبْرَةَ، أَنَّ أَبَاهُ، غَزَا مَعَ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَتْحَ مَكَّةَ قَالَ فَأَقَمْنَا بِهَا خَمْسَ عَشْرَةَ - ثَلاَثِينَ بَيْنَ لَيْلَةٍ وَيَوْمٍ - فَأَذِنَ لَنَا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فِي مُتْعَةِ النِّسَاءِ فَخَرَجْتُ أَنَا وَرَجُلٌ مِنْ قَوْمِي وَلِي عَلَيْهِ فَضْلٌ فِي الْجَمَالِ وَهُوَ قَرِيبٌ مِنَ الدَّمَامَةِ مَعَ كُلِّ وَاحِدٍ مِنَّا بُرْدٌ فَبُرْدِي خَلَقٌ وَأَمَّا بُرْدُ ابْنِ عَمِّي فَبُرْدٌ جَدِيدٌ غَضٌّ حَتَّى إِذَا كُنَّا بِأَسْفَلِ مَكَّةَ أَوْ بِأَعْلاَهَا فَتَلَقَّتْنَا فَتَاةٌ مِثْلُ الْبَكْرَةِ الْعَنَطْنَطَةِ فَقُلْنَا هَلْ لَكِ أَنْ يَسْتَمْتِعَ مِنْكِ أَحَدُنَا قَالَتْ وَمَاذَا تَبْذُلاَنِ فَنَشَرَ كُلُّ وَاحِدٍ مِنَّا بُرْدَهُ فَجَعَلَتْ تَنْظُرُ إِلَى الرَّجُلَيْنِ وَيَرَاهَا صَاحِبِي تَنْظُرُ إِلَى عِطْفِهَا فَقَالَ إِنَّ بُرْدَ هَذَا خَلَقٌ وَبُرْدِي جَدِيدٌ غَضٌّ ‏.‏ فَتَقُولُ بُرْدُ هَذَا لاَ بَأْسَ بِهِ ‏.‏ ثَلاَثَ مِرَارٍ أَوْ مَرَّتَيْنِ ثُمَّ اسْتَمْتَعْتُ مِنْهَا فَلَمْ أَخْرُجْ حَتَّى حَرَّمَهَا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1406 b
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 23
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3253

Sabra al-Juhani reported on the authority of his father that while he was with Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) he said:

O people, I had permitted you to contract temporary marriage with women, but Allah has forbidden it (now) until the Day of Resurrection. So he who has any (woman with this type of marriage contract) he should let her off, and do not take back anything you have given to them (as dower).
حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ نُمَيْرٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبِي، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الْعَزِيزِ بْنُ عُمَرَ، حَدَّثَنِي الرَّبِيعُ بْنُ سَبْرَةَ الْجُهَنِيُّ، أَنَّ أَبَاهُ، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّهُ، كَانَ مَعَ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَقَالَ ‏ "‏ يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنِّي قَدْ كُنْتُ أَذِنْتُ لَكُمْ فِي الاِسْتِمْتَاعِ مِنَ النِّسَاءِ وَإِنَّ اللَّهَ قَدْ حَرَّمَ ذَلِكَ إِلَى يَوْمِ الْقِيَامَةِ فَمَنْ كَانَ عِنْدَهُ مِنْهُنَّ شَىْءٌ فَلْيُخَلِّ سَبِيلَهُ وَلاَ تَأْخُذُوا مِمَّا آتَيْتُمُوهُنَّ شَيْئًا‏"‏ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1406 d
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 25
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3255

'Abd al-Malik b. Rabi' b. Sabraal-Juhanni reported on the authority of his father who narrated it on the authority of his father (i e. 'Abd al-Malik's grandfather, Sabura al-Juhanniy Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) permitted us to contract temporary marriage in the Year of Victory, as we entered Mecca, and we did come out of it but he forbade us to do it.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ، أَخْبَرَنَا يَحْيَى بْنُ آدَمَ، حَدَّثَنَا إِبْرَاهِيمُ بْنُ سَعْدٍ، عَنْ عَبْدِ الْمَلِكِ بْنِ الرَّبِيعِ بْنِ سَبْرَةَ الْجُهَنِيِّ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ جَدِّهِ، قَالَ أَمَرَنَا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم بِالْمُتْعَةِ عَامَ الْفَتْحِ حِينَ دَخَلْنَا مَكَّةَ ثُمَّ لَمْ نَخْرُجْ مِنْهَا حَتَّى نَهَانَا عَنْهَا‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1406 f
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 27
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3257

Sabra b. Ma'bad reported that Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) permitted his Companions to contract temporary marriage with women in the Year of Victory. So I and a friend of mine from Banu Sulaim went out, until we found a young woman of Banu Amir who was like a young she-camel having a long neck. We proposed to her for contracting temporary marriage with us, and presented to her our cloaks (as dower). She began to look and found me more handsome than my friend, but found the cloak of my friend more beautiful than my cloak. She thought in her mind for a while, but then preferred me to my friend. So I remained with her for three (nights), and then Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) commanded us to part with them (such women).

وَحَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى بْنُ يَحْيَى، أَخْبَرَنَا عَبْدُ الْعَزِيزِ بْنُ الرَّبِيعِ بْنِ سَبْرَةَ بْنِ مَعْبَدٍ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ أَبِي رَبِيعَ بْنَ سَبْرَةَ، يُحَدِّثُ عَنْ أَبِيهِ، سَبْرَةَ بْنِ مَعْبَدٍ أَنَّ نَبِيَّ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم عَامَ فَتْحِ مَكَّةَ أَمَرَ أَصْحَابَهُ بِالتَّمَتُّعِ مِنَ النِّسَاءِ - قَالَ - فَخَرَجْتُ أَنَا وَصَاحِبٌ لِي مِنْ بَنِي سُلَيْمٍ حَتَّى وَجَدْنَا جَارِيَةً مِنْ بَنِي عَامِرٍ كَأَنَّهَا بَكْرَةٌ عَيْطَاءُ فَخَطَبْنَاهَا إِلَى نَفْسِهَا وَعَرَضْنَا عَلَيْهَا بُرْدَيْنَا فَجَعَلَتْ تَنْظُرُ فَتَرَانِي أَجْمَلَ مِنْ صَاحِبِي وَتَرَى بُرْدَ صَاحِبِي أَحْسَنَ مِنْ بُرْدِي فَآمَرَتْ نَفْسَهَا سَاعَةً ثُمَّ اخْتَارَتْنِي عَلَى صَاحِبِي فَكُنَّ مَعَنَا ثَلاَثًا ثُمَّ أَمَرَنَا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم بِفِرَاقِهِنَّ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1406 g
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 28
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3258

Rabi' b. Sabra reported on the authority of his father that Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) prohibited the contracting of temporary marriage.

حَدَّثَنَا عَمْرٌو النَّاقِدُ، وَابْنُ، نُمَيْرٍ قَالاَ حَدَّثَنَا سُفْيَانُ بْنُ عُيَيْنَةَ، عَنِ الزُّهْرِيِّ، عَنِ الرَّبِيعِ بْنِ سَبْرَةَ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، أَنَّ النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم نَهَى عَنْ نِكَاحِ الْمُتْعَةِ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1406 h
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 29
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3259

Rabi' b. Sabra reported on the authority of his father that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) forbade on the Day of Victory to contract temporary marriage with women.

وَحَدَّثَنَا أَبُو بَكْرِ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ، حَدَّثَنَا ابْنُ عُلَيَّةَ، عَنْ مَعْمَرٍ، عَنِ الزُّهْرِيِّ، عَنِ الرَّبِيعِ، بْنِ سَبْرَةَ عَنْ أَبِيهِ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم نَهَى يَوْمَ الْفَتْحِ عَنْ مُتْعَةِ النِّسَاءِ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1406 i
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 30
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3260

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Rabi' b. Sabra that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) forbade to contract temporary marriage with women at the time of Victory, and that his father had contracted the marriage for two red cloaks.

وَحَدَّثَنِيهِ حَسَنٌ الْحُلْوَانِيُّ، وَعَبْدُ بْنُ حُمَيْدٍ، عَنْ يَعْقُوبَ بْنِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ بْنِ سَعْدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبِي، عَنْ صَالِحٍ، أَخْبَرَنَا ابْنُ شِهَابٍ، عَنِ الرَّبِيعِ بْنِ سَبْرَةَ الْجُهَنِيِّ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، أَنَّهُ أَخْبَرَهُ أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم نَهَى عَنِ الْمُتْعَةِ زَمَانَ الْفَتْحِ مُتْعَةِ النِّسَاءِ وَأَنَّ أَبَاهُ كَانَ تَمَتَّعَ بِبُرْدَيْنِ أَحْمَرَيْنِ.
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1406 j
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 31

'Urwa b. Zabair reported that 'Abdullah b. Zubair (Allah be pleased with him) stood up (and delivered an address) in Mecca saying:

Allah has made blind the hearts of some people as He has deprived them of eyesight that they give religious verdict in favour of temporary marriage, while he was alluding to a person (Ibn 'Abbas). Ibn Abbas called him and said: You are an uncouth person, devoid of sense. By my life, Mut'a was practised during the lifetime of the leader of the pious (he meant Allah's Messenger, may peace be upon him), and Ibn Zubair said to him: just do it yourselves, and by Allah, if you do that I will stone you with your stones. Ibn Shihab said. Khalid b. Muhajir b. Saifullah informed me: While I was sitting in the company of a person, a person came to him and he asked for a religious verdict about Mut'a and he permitted him to do it. Ibn Abu 'Amrah al-Ansari (Allah be pleased with him) said to him: Be gentle. It was permitted in- the early days of Islam, (for one) who was driven to it under the stress of necessity just as (the eating of) carrion and the blood and flesh of swine and then Allah intensified (the commands of) His religion and prohibited it (altogether). Ibn Shihab reported: Rabi' b. Sabra told me that his father (Sabra) said: I contracted temporary marriage with a woman of Banu 'Amir for two cloaks during the lifetime of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) ; then he forbade us to do Mut'a. Ibn Shihab said: I heard Rabi' b. Sabra narrating it to Umar b. 'Abd al-'Aziz and I was sitting there.
وَحَدَّثَنِي حَرْمَلَةُ بْنُ يَحْيَى، أَخْبَرَنَا ابْنُ وَهْبٍ، أَخْبَرَنِي يُونُسُ، قَالَ ابْنُ شِهَابٍ أَخْبَرَنِي عُرْوَةُ بْنُ الزُّبَيْرِ، أَنَّ عَبْدَ اللَّهِ بْنَ الزُّبَيْرِ، قَامَ بِمَكَّةَ فَقَالَ إِنَّ نَاسًا - أَعْمَى اللَّهُ قُلُوبَهُمْ كَمَا أَعْمَى أَبْصَارَهُمْ - يُفْتُونَ بِالْمُتْعَةِ - يُعَرِّضُ بِرَجُلٍ - فَنَادَاهُ فَقَالَ إِنَّكَ لَجِلْفٌ جَافٍ فَلَعَمْرِي لَقَدْ كَانَتِ الْمُتْعَةُ تُفْعَلُ عَلَى عَهْدِ إِمَامِ الْمُتَّقِينَ - يُرِيدُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم - فَقَالَ لَهُ ابْنُ الزُّبَيْرِ فَجَرِّبْ بِنَفْسِكَ فَوَاللَّهِ لَئِنْ فَعَلْتَهَا لأَرْجُمَنَّكَ بِأَحْجَارِكَ ‏.‏ قَالَ ابْنُ شِهَابٍ فَأَخْبَرَنِي خَالِدُ بْنُ الْمُهَاجِرِ بْنِ سَيْفِ اللَّهِ أَنَّهُ بَيْنَا هُوَ جَالِسٌ عِنْدَ رَجُلٍ جَاءَهُ رَجُلٌ فَاسْتَفْتَاهُ فِي الْمُتْعَةِ فَأَمَرَهُ بِهَا فَقَالَ لَهُ ابْنُ أَبِي عَمْرَةَ الأَنْصَارِيُّ مَهْلاً ‏.‏ قَالَ مَا هِيَ وَاللَّهِ لَقَدْ فُعِلَتْ فِي عَهْدِ إِمَامِ الْمُتَّقِينَ ‏.‏ قَالَ ابْنُ أَبِي عَمْرَةَ إِنَّهَا كَانَتْ رُخْصَةً فِي أَوَّلِ الإِسْلاَمِ لِمَنِ اضْطُرَّ إِلَيْهَا كَالْمَيْتَةِ وَالدَّمِ وَلَحْمِ الْخِنْزِيرِ ثُمَّ أَحْكَمَ اللَّهُ الدِّينَ وَنَهَى عَنْهَا ‏.‏ قَالَ ابْنُ شِهَابٍ وَأَخْبَرَنِي رَبِيعُ بْنُ سَبْرَةَ الْجُهَنِيُّ أَنَّ أَبَاهُ قَالَ قَدْ كُنْتُ اسْتَمْتَعْتُ فِي عَهْدِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم امْرَأَةً مِنْ بَنِي عَامِرٍ بِبُرْدَيْنِ أَحْمَرَيْنِ ثُمَّ نَهَانَا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم عَنِ الْمُتْعَةِ ‏.‏ قَالَ ابْنُ شِهَابٍ وَسَمِعْتُ رَبِيعَ بْنَ سَبْرَةَ يُحَدِّثُ ذَلِكَ عُمَرَ بْنَ عَبْدِ الْعَزِيزِ وَأَنَا جَالِسٌ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1406 k
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 32
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3261

Sabra al-Juhanni reported on the authority of his father:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) prohibited the contracting of temporary marriage and said: Behold, it is forbidden from this very day of yours to the Day of Resurrection, and he who has given something (as a dower) should not take it back.
وَحَدَّثَنِي سَلَمَةَ بْنُ شَبِيبٍ، حَدَّثَنَا الْحَسَنُ بْنُ أَعْيَنَ، حَدَّثَنَا مَعْقِلٌ، عَنِ ابْنِ أَبِي عَبْلَةَ، عَنْ عُمَرَ بْنِ عَبْدِ الْعَزِيزِ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا الرَّبِيعُ بْنُ سَبْرَةَ الْجُهَنِيُّ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم نَهَى عَنِ الْمُتْعَةِ وَقَالَ ‏ "‏ أَلاَ إِنَّهَا حَرَامٌ مِنْ يَوْمِكُمْ هَذَا إِلَى يَوْمِ الْقِيَامَةِ وَمَنْ كَانَ أَعْطَى شَيْئًا فَلاَ يَأْخُذْهُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1406 l
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 33
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3262

Ali b. AbiTalib reported that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) prohibited on the Day of Khaibar the contracting of temporary marriage with women and the eating of the flesh of domestic asses.

حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى بْنُ يَحْيَى، قَالَ قَرَأْتُ عَلَى مَالِكٍ عَنِ ابْنِ شِهَابٍ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، وَالْحَسَنِ، ابْنَىْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عَلِيٍّ عَنْ أَبِيهِمَا، عَنْ عَلِيِّ بْنِ أَبِي طَالِبٍ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم نَهَى عَنْ مُتْعَةِ النِّسَاءِ يَوْمَ خَيْبَرَ وَعَنْ أَكْلِ لُحُومِ الْحُمُرِ الإِنْسِيَّةِ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1407 a
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 34
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3263

Muhammad b. 'Ali narrated on the authority of his father 'Ali that Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) on the Day of Khaibar prohibited for ever the contracting of temporary marriage and eating of the flesh of the domestic asses.

حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو بَكْرِ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ، وَابْنُ، نُمَيْرٍ وَزُهَيْرُ بْنُ حَرْبٍ جَمِيعًا عَنِ ابْنِ عُيَيْنَةَ، - قَالَ زُهَيْرٌ حَدَّثَنَا سُفْيَانُ بْنُ عُيَيْنَةَ، - عَنِ الزُّهْرِيِّ، عَنِ الْحَسَنِ، وَعَبْدِ اللَّهِ، ابْنَىْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عَلِيٍّ عَنْ أَبِيهِمَا، عَنْ عَلِيٍّ، أَنَّ النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم نَهَى عَنْ نِكَاحِ الْمُتْعَةِ يَوْمَ خَيْبَرَ وَعَنْ لُحُومِ الْحُمُرِ الأَهْلِيَّةِ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1407 c
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 36
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3265

'Ali (Allah be pleased with him) heard that Ibn Abbas (Allah be pleased with them) gave some relaxation in connection with the contracting of temporary marriage, whereupon he said:

Don't be hasty (in your religious verdict), Ibn 'Abbas, for Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) on the Day of Khaibar prohibited that forever - along with the eating of flesh of domestic asses.
وَحَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ نُمَيْرٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبِي، حَدَّثَنَا عُبَيْدُ اللَّهِ، عَنِ ابْنِ شِهَابٍ، عَنِ الْحَسَنِ، وَعَبْدِ اللَّهِ، ابْنَىْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عَلِيٍّ عَنْ أَبِيهِمَا، عَنْ عَلِيٍّ، أَنَّهُ سَمِعَ ابْنَ عَبَّاسٍ، يُلَيِّنُ فِي مُتْعَةِ النِّسَاءِ فَقَالَ مَهْلاً يَا ابْنَ عَبَّاسٍ فَإِنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم نَهَى عَنْهَا يَوْمَ خَيْبَرَ وَعَنْ لُحُومِ الْحُمُرِ الإِنْسِيَّةِ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1407 d
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 37
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3266

'Ali (Allah be pleased with him) said to Ibn 'Abbas (Allah be pleased with them) that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) on the Day of Khaibar forbade forever the contracting of temporary marriage and the eating of the flesh of domestic asses.

وَحَدَّثَنِي أَبُو الطَّاهِرِ، وَحَرْمَلَةُ بْنُ يَحْيَى، قَالاَ أَخْبَرَنَا ابْنُ وَهْبٍ، أَخْبَرَنِي يُونُسُ، عَنِ ابْنِ شِهَابٍ، عَنِ الْحَسَنِ، وَعَبْدِ اللَّهِ، ابْنَىْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عَلِيِّ بْنِ أَبِي طَالِبٍ عَنْ أَبِيهِمَا، أَنَّهُ سَمِعَ عَلِيَّ بْنَ أَبِي طَالِبٍ، يَقُولُ لاِبْنِ عَبَّاسٍ نَهَى رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم عَنْ مُتْعَةِ النِّسَاءِ يَوْمَ خَيْبَرَ وَعَنْ أَكْلِ لُحُومِ الْحُمُرِ الإِنْسِيَّةِ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1407 e
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 38
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3267

Sunan Nisai:

It was narrated from Al-Hasan and 'Abdullah, the sons of Muhammad, from their father, that 'Ali heard that a man did not see anything wrong with Mut'ah (temporary marriage). He said:
"You are confused, the Messenger of Allah forbade it, and the meat of domestic donkeys on the day of Khaibar."
أَخْبَرَنَا عَمْرُو بْنُ عَلِيٍّ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، عَنْ عُبَيْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ عُمَرَ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنِي الزُّهْرِيُّ، عَنِ الْحَسَنِ، وَعَبْدِ اللَّهِ، ابْنَىْ مُحَمَّدٍ عَنْ أَبِيهِمَا، أَنَّ عَلِيًّا، بَلَغَهُ أَنَّ رَجُلاً، لاَ يَرَى بِالْمُتْعَةِ بَأْسًا فَقَالَ إِنَّكَ تَائِهٌ إِنَّهُ نَهَى رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم عَنْهَا وَعَنْ لُحُومِ الْحُمُرِ الأَهْلِيَّةِ يَوْمَ خَيْبَرَ ‏.‏
Grade    : Sahih (Darussalam)        
Reference     : Sunan an-Nasa'i 3365
In-book reference     : Book 26, Hadith 170
English translation     : Vol. 4, Book 26, Hadith 3367

It was narrated from 'Abdullah and Al-Hasan, the sons of Muhammad bin 'Ali, from their father, from 'Ali bin Abi Talib, that the Messenger of Allah on the Day of Khaibar forbade temporary marriage to women, and (he also forbade) the meat of tame donkeys.
أَخْبَرَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ سَلَمَةَ، وَالْحَارِثُ بْنُ مِسْكِينٍ، قِرَاءَةً عَلَيْهِ وَأَنَا أَسْمَعُ، - وَاللَّفْظُ لَهُ - قَالَ أَنْبَأَنَا ابْنُ الْقَاسِمِ، عَنْ مَالِكٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ شِهَابٍ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، وَالْحَسَنِ، ابْنَىْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عَلِيٍّ عَنْ أَبِيهِمَا، عَنْ عَلِيِّ بْنِ أَبِي طَالِبٍ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم نَهَى عَنْ مُتْعَةِ النِّسَاءِ يَوْمَ خَيْبَرَ وَعَنْ لُحُومِ الْحُمُرِ الإِنْسِيَّةِ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sunan an-Nasa'i 3366
In-book reference     : Book 26, Hadith 171
English translation     : Vol. 4, Book 26, Hadith 3368

Malik bin Anas narrated that Ibn Shihab told him that 'Abdullah and Al-Hasan, the sons of Muhammad bin 'Ali, told him, that their father Muhammad bin 'Ali told them, that 'Ali bin Abi Talib, may Allah be pleased with him, said:
"The Messenger of Allah on the Day of Khaibar forbade temporary marriage to women." (One of the narrators) Ibn Al-Muthanna said: "The Day of Hunain." He said: "This is what 'Abdul-Wahhab narrated to us from his book."
أَخْبَرَنَا عَمْرُو بْنُ عَلِيٍّ، وَمُحَمَّدُ بْنُ بَشَّارٍ، وَمُحَمَّدُ بْنُ الْمُثَنَّى، قَالُوا أَنْبَأَنَا عَبْدُ الْوَهَّابِ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ يَحْيَى بْنَ سَعِيدٍ، يَقُولُ أَخْبَرَنِي مَالِكُ بْنُ أَنَسٍ، أَنَّ ابْنَ شِهَابٍ، أَخْبَرَهُ أَنَّ عَبْدَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَسَنَ ابْنَىْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عَلِيٍّ أَخْبَرَاهُ أَنَّ أَبَاهُمَا مُحَمَّدَ بْنَ عَلِيٍّ أَخْبَرَهُمَا أَنَّ عَلِيَّ بْنَ أَبِي طَالِبٍ رضى الله عنه قَالَ نَهَى رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَوْمَ خَيْبَرَ عَنْ مُتْعَةِ النِّسَاءِ ‏.‏ قَالَ ابْنُ الْمُثَنَّى يَوْمَ حُنَيْنٍ وَقَالَ هَكَذَا حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الْوَهَّابِ مِنْ كِتَابِهِ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sunan an-Nasa'i 3367
In-book reference     : Book 26, Hadith 172
English translation     : Vol. 4, Book 26, Hadith 3369

It was narrated from Ar-Rabi' bin Sabrah Al-Juhani that his father said:
"The Messenger of Allah gave permission for Mut'ah, so I and another man went to a woman from Bani 'Amir and offered ourselves to her (for Mut'ah). She said: 'What will you give me?' I said: 'My Rida' (upper garment).' My companion also said: 'My Rida'.' My companion's Rida' was finer than mine, but I was younger than him. When she looked at my companion's Rida' she liked it, but when she looked at me, she liked me. Then she said: 'You and your Rida' are sufficient for me.' I stayed with her for three (days), then the Messenger of Allah said: 'Whoever has any of these women whom he married temporarily should let them go.'"
أَخْبَرَنَا قُتَيْبَةُ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا اللَّيْثُ، عَنِ الرَّبِيعِ بْنِ سَبْرَةَ الْجُهَنِيِّ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، قَالَ أَذِنَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم بِالْمُتْعَةِ فَانْطَلَقْتُ أَنَا وَرَجُلٌ إِلَى امْرَأَةٍ مِنْ بَنِي عَامِرٍ فَعَرَضْنَا عَلَيْهَا أَنْفُسَنَا فَقَالَتْ مَا تُعْطِينِي فَقُلْتُ رِدَائِي ‏.‏ وَقَالَ صَاحِبِي رِدَائِي ‏.‏ وَكَانَ رِدَاءُ صَاحِبِي أَجْوَدَ مِنْ رِدَائِي وَكُنْتُ أَشَبَّ مِنْهُ فَإِذَا نَظَرَتْ إِلَى رِدَاءِ صَاحِبِي أَعْجَبَهَا وَإِذَا نَظَرَتْ إِلَىَّ أَعْجَبْتُهَا ثُمَّ قَالَتْ أَنْتَ وَرِدَاؤُكَ يَكْفِينِي ‏.‏ فَمَكَثْتُ مَعَهَا ثَلاَثًا ثُمَّ إِنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏ "‏ مَنْ كَانَ عِنْدَهُ مِنْ هَذِهِ النِّسَاءِ اللاَّتِي يَتَمَتَّعُ فَلْيُخَلِّ سَبِيلَهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sunan an-Nasa'i 3368
In-book reference     : Book 26, Hadith 173
English translation     : Vol. 4, Book 26, Hadith 3370

Sunan Abi Dawood:

Al Zuhri said “we were with ‘Umar bin ‘Abd Al Aziz, there we discussed temporary marriage. A man called Rabi bin Saburah said “I bear witness that my father told me that the Apostle of Allaah(ﷺ) had prohibited it at the Farewell Pilgrimage.”
حَدَّثَنَا مُسَدَّدُ بْنُ مُسَرْهَدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الْوَارِثِ، عَنْ إِسْمَاعِيلَ بْنِ أُمَيَّةَ، عَنِ الزُّهْرِيِّ، قَالَ كُنَّا عِنْدَ عُمَرَ بْنِ عَبْدِ الْعَزِيزِ فَتَذَاكَرْنَا مُتْعَةَ النِّسَاءِ فَقَالَ لَهُ رَجُلٌ يُقَالُ لَهُ رَبِيعُ بْنُ سَبْرَةَ أَشْهَدُ عَلَى أَبِي أَنَّهُ حَدَّثَ أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم نَهَى عَنْهَا فِي حَجَّةِ الْوَدَاعِ ‏.‏
  شاذ والمحفوظ زمن الفتح   (الألباني)    حكم   :
Reference     : Sunan Abi Dawud 2072
In-book reference     : Book 12, Hadith 27
English translation     : Book 11, Hadith 2067

Rabi' b. Saburah reported on the authority of his father:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) prohibited temporary marriage with women.
حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ يَحْيَى بْنِ فَارِسٍ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الرَّزَّاقِ، أَخْبَرَنَا مَعْمَرٌ، عَنِ الزُّهْرِيِّ، عَنْ رَبِيعِ بْنِ سَبْرَةَ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، أَنَّ النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم حَرَّمَ مُتْعَةَ النِّسَاءِ ‏.‏
  صحيح م وزاد زمن الفتح   (الألباني)    حكم   :
Reference     : Sunan Abi Dawud 2073
In-book reference     : Book 12, Hadith 28
English translation     : Book 11, Hadith 2068

Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said: If anyone gives as a dower to his wife two handfuls of flour or dates he has made her lawful for him.

AbuDawud said: This tradition has been narrated by Abdur Rahman ibn Mahdi, from Salih ibn Ruman, from Abu al-Zubayr on the authority of Jabir as his own statement (not going back to the Prophet). It has also been transmitted by AbuAsim from Salih ibn Ruman , from AbuzZubayr on the authority of Jabir who said: During the lifetime of the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) we used to contract temporary marriage for a handful of grain.

Abu Dawud said: This tradition has also been transmitted by Ibn Juraij from Abu al-Zubair on the authority of Jabir similar to the one narrated by Abu 'Asim.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ جِبْرِيلَ الْبَغْدَادِيُّ، أَخْبَرَنَا يَزِيدُ، أَخْبَرَنَا مُوسَى بْنُ مُسْلِمِ بْنِ رُومَانَ، عَنْ أَبِي الزُّبَيْرِ، عَنْ جَابِرِ بْنِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، أَنَّ النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏ "‏ مَنْ أَعْطَى فِي صَدَاقِ امْرَأَةٍ مِلْءَ كَفَّيْهِ سَوِيقًا أَوْ تَمْرًا فَقَدِ اسْتَحَلَّ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ أَبُو دَاوُدَ رَوَاهُ عَبْدُ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنُ مَهْدِيٍّ عَنْ صَالِحِ بْنِ رُومَانَ عَنْ أَبِي الزُّبَيْرِ عَنْ جَابِرٍ مَوْقُوفًا وَرَوَاهُ أَبُو عَاصِمٍ عَنْ صَالِحِ بْنِ رُومَانَ عَنْ أَبِي الزُّبَيْرِ عَنْ جَابِرٍ قَالَ كُنَّا عَلَى عَهْدِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم نَسْتَمْتِعُ بِالْقُبْضَةِ مِنَ الطَّعَامِ عَلَى مَعْنَى الْمُتْعَةِ ‏.‏ قَالَ أَبُو دَاوُدَ رَوَاهُ ابْنُ جُرَيْجٍ عَنْ أَبِي الزُّبَيْرِ عَنْ جَابِرٍ عَلَى مَعْنَى أَبِي عَاصِمٍ ‏.‏
Grade    : Da'if (Al-Albani)      ضعيف   (الألباني)    حكم   :
Reference     : Sunan Abi Dawud 2110
In-book reference     : Book 12, Hadith 65
English translation     : Book 11, Hadith 2105

Sunan Ibn Majah:

It was narrated from 'Ali bin Abu Talib that:
The Messenger of Allah forbade on the Day of Khaibar, the temporary marriage of women and (he forbade) the flesh of domestic donkeys.
حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ يَحْيَى، حَدَّثَنَا بِشْرُ بْنُ عُمَرَ، حَدَّثَنَا مَالِكُ بْنُ أَنَسٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ شِهَابٍ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، وَالْحَسَنِ، ابْنَىْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عَلِيٍّ عَنْ أَبِيهِمَا، عَنْ عَلِيِّ بْنِ أَبِي طَالِبٍ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ نَهَى عَنْ مُتْعَةِ النِّسَاءِ يَوْمَ خَيْبَرَ وَعَنْ لُحُومِ الْحُمُرِ الإِنْسِيَّةِ ‏.‏
Sunnah.com reference     : Book 9, Hadith 117
English reference     : Vol. 3, Book 9, Hadith 1961
Arabic reference     : Book 9, Hadith 2037

It was narrated from Rabi'bin Sabrah that his father said :
"We went out with the Messenger of Allah on the Farewell pilgrimage, and they said : 'O Messenger of Allah, (ﷺ) celibacy has become too difficult for us'. He said : 'Then make temporary marriages with these women'. So we went to them, but they insisted on setting a fixed time between us and them. They mentioned that to the Prophet and he said : 'Set a fixed time between you and them.' So I went out with a cousin of mine. He had a cloak and I had a cloak, but his cloak was finer than mine, and I was younger than him. We came to a women and she said: 'One cloak is like another.' So I married her and stayed with her that night. Then the next day I saw the Messenger of Allah standing between the Rukn (corner) and the door (of the Ka'bah), saying : 'O people, I had permitted temporary marriage for you, but Allah has forbidden it until the Day of Resurrection. however had any temporary wives, he should let them go, and do not take back anything that you had given to them.' "
حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو بَكْرِ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدَةُ بْنُ سُلَيْمَانَ، عَنْ عَبْدِ الْعَزِيزِ بْنِ عُمَرَ، عَنِ الرَّبِيعِ بْنِ سَبْرَةَ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، قَالَ خَرَجْنَا مَعَ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ فِي حَجَّةِ الْوَدَاعِ فَقَالُوا يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ إِنَّ الْعُزْبَةَ قَدِ اشْتَدَّتْ عَلَيْنَا ‏.‏ قَالَ ‏"‏ فَاسْتَمْتِعُوا مِنْ هَذِهِ النِّسَاءِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ فَأَتَيْنَاهُنَّ فَأَبَيْنَ أَنْ يَنْكِحْنَنَا إِلاَّ أَنْ نَجْعَلَ بَيْنَنَا وَبَيْنَهُنَّ أَجَلاً فَذَكَرُوا ذَلِكَ لِلنَّبِيِّ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ فَقَالَ ‏"‏ اجْعَلُوا بَيْنَكُمْ وَبَيْنَهُنَّ أَجَلاً ‏"‏ ‏.‏ فَخَرَجْتُ أَنَا وَابْنُ عَمٍّ لِي مَعَهُ بُرْدٌ وَمَعِي بُرْدٌ وَبُرْدُهُ أَجْوَدُ مِنْ بُرْدِي وَأَنَا أَشَبُّ مِنْهُ فَأَتَيْنَا عَلَى امْرَأَةٍ فَقَالَتْ بُرْدٌ كَبُرْدٍ ‏.‏ فَتَزَوَّجْتُهَا فَمَكَثْتُ عِنْدَهَا تِلْكَ اللَّيْلَةَ ثُمَّ غَدَوْتُ وَرَسُولُ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ قَائِمٌ بَيْنَ الرُّكْنِ وَالْبَابِ وَهُوَ يَقُولُ ‏"‏ أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنِّي قَدْ كُنْتُ أَذِنْتُ لَكُمْ فِي الاِسْتِمْتَاعِ أَلاَ وَإِنَّ اللَّهَ قَدْ حَرَّمَهَا إِلَى يَوْمِ الْقِيَامَةِ فَمَنْ كَانَ عِنْدَهُ مِنْهُنَّ شَىْءٌ فَلْيُخَلِّ سَبِيلَهَا وَلاَ تَأْخُذُوا مِمَّا آتَيْتُمُوهُنَّ شَيْئًا ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Sunnah.com reference     : Book 9, Hadith 118
English reference     : Vol. 3, Book 9, Hadith 1962
Arabic reference     : Book 9, Hadith 2038

It was narrated that Ibn 'Umar said:
"When 'Umar bin Khattab was appointed caliph, he addressed the people and said: 'The Messenger of Allah permitted temporary marriage for us three times, then he forbade it. By Allah, If I hear of any married person entering a temporary marriage, I will stone him to death, unless he can bring me four witnesses who will testify that the Messenger of Allah, allowed it after he forbade it'."
حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ خَلَفٍ الْعَسْقَلاَنِيُّ، حَدَّثَنَا الْفِرْيَابِيُّ، عَنْ أَبَانَ بْنِ أَبِي حَازِمٍ، عَنْ أَبِي بَكْرِ بْنِ حَفْصٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ عُمَرَ، قَالَ لَمَّا وَلِيَ عُمَرُ بْنُ الْخَطَّابِ خَطَبَ النَّاسَ فَقَالَ إِنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ أَذِنَ لَنَا فِي الْمُتْعَةِ ثَلاَثًا ثُمَّ حَرَّمَهَا وَاللَّهِ لاَ أَعْلَمُ أَحَدًا تَمَتَّعَ وَهُوَ مُحْصَنٌ إِلاَّ رَجَمْتُهُ بِالْحِجَارَةِ إِلاَّ أَنْ يَأْتِيَنِي بِأَرْبَعَةٍ يَشْهَدُونَ أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ أَحَلَّهَا بَعْدَ إِذْ حَرَّمَهَا ‏.‏
Grade    : Hasan (Darussalam)        
Sunnah.com reference     : Book 9, Hadith 119
English reference     : Vol. 3, Book 9, Hadith 1963
Arabic reference     : Book 9, Hadith 2039

@NightclawAre these not your books? 

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, Zainuu said:

@NightclawAre these not your books? 

Yes. Show me where it says 'Umar forbade it first. It is like you are not listening to a word I am saying. The claim was that he forbade it first. I am wasting my time repeating myself. Find it. I will wait until then.

• Advanced Member
8 minutes ago, Nightclaw said:

Yes. Show me where it says 'Umar forbade it first. It is like you are not listening to a word I am saying. The claim was that he forbade it first. I am wasting my time repeating myself. Find it. I will wait until then.

brother do you even know that asma bint abu bakr comited mutah.. and thats also after death of prophet muhammed

• Advanced Member
46 minutes ago, Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi said:

I think on must consider all these Traditions on Mutah from Sihaah Sitta then decide if it was haram or not.

Sahih Bukhari:

Narrated 'Abdullah:

We used to participate in the holy battles led by Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) and we had nothing (no wives) with us. So we said, "Shall we get ourselves castrated?" He forbade us that and then allowed us to marry women with a temporary contract (2) and recited to us: -- 'O you who believe ! Make not unlawful the good things which Allah has made lawful for you, but commit no transgression.' (5.87)

حَدَّثَنَا قُتَيْبَةُ بْنُ سَعِيدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا جَرِيرٌ، عَنْ إِسْمَاعِيلَ، عَنْ قَيْسٍ، قَالَ قَالَ عَبْدُ اللَّهِ كُنَّا نَغْزُو مَعَ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم وَلَيْسَ لَنَا شَىْءٌ فَقُلْنَا أَلاَ نَسْتَخْصِي فَنَهَانَا عَنْ ذَلِكَ ثُمَّ رَخَّصَ لَنَا أَنْ نَنْكِحَ الْمَرْأَةَ بِالثَّوْبِ، ثُمَّ قَرَأَ عَلَيْنَا ‏{‏يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لاَ تُحَرِّمُوا طَيِّبَاتِ مَا أَحَلَّ اللَّهُ لَكُمْ وَلاَ تَعْتَدُوا إِنَّ اللَّهَ لاَ يُحِبُّ الْمُعْتَدِينَ‏}‏‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih al-Bukhari 5075
In-book reference     : Book 67, Hadith 13
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Vol. 7, Book 62, Hadith 13

Sahih Muslim:

Abdullah (b. Mas'ud) reported:

We were on an expedition with Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) and we had no women with us. We said: Should we not have ourselves castrated? He (the Holy Prophet) forbade us to do so He then granted us permission that we should contract temporary marriage for a stipulated period giving her a garment, and 'Abdullah then recited this verse: 'Those who believe do not make unlawful the good things which Allah has made lawful for you, and do not transgress. Allah does not like trangressers" (al-Qur'an, v. 87).
حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ نُمَيْرٍ الْهَمْدَانِيُّ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبِي وَوَكِيعٌ، وَابْنُ، بِشْرٍ عَنْ إِسْمَاعِيلَ، عَنْ قَيْسٍ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ عَبْدَ اللَّهِ، يَقُولُ كُنَّا نَغْزُو مَعَ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم لَيْسَ لَنَا نِسَاءٌ فَقُلْنَا أَلاَ نَسْتَخْصِي فَنَهَانَا عَنْ ذَلِكَ ثُمَّ رَخَّصَ لَنَا أَنْ نَنْكِحَ الْمَرْأَةَ بِالثَّوْبِ إِلَى أَجَلٍ ثُمَّ قَرَأَ عَبْدُ اللَّهِ ‏{‏ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لاَ تُحَرِّمُوا طَيِّبَاتِ مَا أَحَلَّ اللَّهُ لَكُمْ وَلاَ تَعْتَدُوا إِنَّ اللَّهَ لاَ يُحِبُّ الْمُعْتَدِينَ‏}‏ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1404 a
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 13
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3243

Jabir b. 'Abdullah and Salama b. al-Akwa' said:

There came to us the proclaimer of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) and said: Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) has granted you permission to benefit yourselves, i. e. to contract temporary marriage with women.
وَحَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ بَشَّارٍ، حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ جَعْفَرٍ، حَدَّثَنَا شُعْبَةُ، عَنْ عَمْرِو بْنِ دِينَارٍ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ الْحَسَنَ بْنَ مُحَمَّدٍ، يُحَدِّثُ عَنْ جَابِرِ بْنِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، وَسَلَمَةَ بْنِ الأَكْوَعِ، قَالاَ خَرَجَ عَلَيْنَا مُنَادِي رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَقَالَ إِنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَدْ أَذِنَ لَكُمْ أَنْ تَسْتَمْتِعُوا ‏.‏ يَعْنِي مُتْعَةَ النِّسَاءِ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1405 a
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 16
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3246

Salama b. al. Akwa' and Jabir b. Abdullah reported:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) came to us and permitted us to contract temporary marriage.
وَحَدَّثَنِي أُمَيَّةُ بْنُ بِسْطَامَ الْعَيْشِيُّ، حَدَّثَنَا يَزِيدُ، - يَعْنِي ابْنَ زُرَيْعٍ - حَدَّثَنَا رَوْحٌ، - يَعْنِي ابْنَ الْقَاسِمِ - عَنْ عَمْرِو بْنِ دِينَارٍ، عَنِ الْحَسَنِ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ، عَنْ سَلَمَةَ بْنِ الأَكْوَعِ، وَجَابِرِ بْنِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم أَتَانَا فَأَذِنَ لَنَا فِي الْمُتْعَةِ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1405 b
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 17
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3247

Ibn Uraij reported:

'Ati' reported that jibir b. Abdullah came to perform 'Umra, and we came to his abode, and the people asked him about different things, and then they made a mention of temporary marriage, whereupon he said: Yes, we had been benefiting ourselves by this temporary marriage during the lifetime of the Prophet (ﷺ) and during the time of Abu Bakr and 'Umar.
وَحَدَّثَنَا الْحَسَنُ الْحُلْوَانِيُّ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الرَّزَّاقِ، أَخْبَرَنَا ابْنُ جُرَيْجٍ، قَالَ قَالَ عَطَاءٌ قَدِمَ جَابِرُ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ مُعْتَمِرًا فَجِئْنَاهُ فِي مَنْزِلِهِ فَسَأَلَهُ الْقَوْمُ عَنْ أَشْيَاءَ ثُمَّ ذَكَرُوا الْمُتْعَةَ فَقَالَ نَعَمِ اسْتَمْتَعْنَا عَلَى عَهْدِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم وَأَبِي بَكْرٍ وَعُمَرَ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1405 c
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 18
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3248

Jabir b. 'Abdullah reported:

We contracted temporary marriage giving a handful of (tales or flour as a dower during the lifetime of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) and durnig the time of Abu Bakr until 'Umar forbade it in the case of 'Amr b. Huraith.
حَدَّثَنِي مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ رَافِعٍ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الرَّزَّاقِ، أَخْبَرَنَا ابْنُ جُرَيْجٍ، أَخْبَرَنِي أَبُو الزُّبَيْرِ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ جَابِرَ بْنَ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، يَقُولُ كُنَّا نَسْتَمْتِعُ بِالْقُبْضَةِ مِنَ التَّمْرِ وَالدَّقِيقِ الأَيَّامَ عَلَى عَهْدِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم وَأَبِي بَكْرٍ حَتَّى نَهَى عَنْهُ عُمَرُ فِي شَأْنِ عَمْرِو بْنِ حُرَيْثٍ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1405 d
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 19
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3249

Iyas b. Salama reported on the authority of his father that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) gave sanction for contracting temporary marriage for three nights in the year of Autas 1847 and then forbade it.

حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو بَكْرِ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ، حَدَّثَنَا يُونُسُ بْنُ مُحَمَّدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الْوَاحِدِ بْنُ زِيَادٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو عُمَيْسٍ، عَنْ إِيَاسِ بْنِ سَلَمَةَ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، قَالَ رَخَّصَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم عَامَ أَوْطَاسٍ فِي الْمُتْعَةِ ثَلاَثًا ثُمَّ نَهَى عَنْهَا ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1405 f
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 21
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3251

Sabra Juhanni reported:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) permitted temporary marriage for us. So I and another person went out and saw a woman of Bana 'Amir, who was like a young long-necked she-camel. We presented ourselves to her (for contracting temporary marriage), whereupon she said: What dower would you give me? I said: My cloak. And my companion also said: My cloak. And the cloak of-my companion was superior to my cloak, but I was younger than he. So when she looked at the cloak of my companion she liked it, and when she cast a glance at me I looked more attractive to her. She then said: Well, you and your cloak are sufficient for me. I remained with her for three nights, and then Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said: He who has any such woman with whom he had contracted temporary marriage, he should let her off.
وَحَدَّثَنَا قُتَيْبَةُ بْنُ سَعِيدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا لَيْثٌ، عَنِ الرَّبِيعِ بْنِ سَبْرَةَ الْجُهَنِيِّ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، سَبْرَةَ أَنَّهُ قَالَ أَذِنَ لَنَا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم بِالْمُتْعَةِ فَانْطَلَقْتُ أَنَا وَرَجُلٌ إِلَى امْرَأَةٍ مِنْ بَنِي عَامِرٍ كَأَنَّهَا بَكْرَةٌ عَيْطَاءُ فَعَرَضْنَا عَلَيْهَا أَنْفُسَنَا فَقَالَتْ مَا تُعْطِي فَقُلْتُ رِدَائِي ‏.‏ وَقَالَ صَاحِبِي رِدَائِي ‏.‏ وَكَانَ رِدَاءُ صَاحِبِي أَجْوَدَ مِنْ رِدَائِي وَ كُنْتُ أَشَبَّ مِنْهُ فَإِذَا نَظَرَتْ إِلَى رِدَاءِ صَاحِبِي أَعْجَبَهَا وَإِذَا نَظَرَتْ إِلَىَّ أَعْجَبْتُهَا ثُمَّ قَالَتْ أَنْتَ وَرِدَاؤُكَ يَكْفِينِي ‏.‏ فَمَكَثْتُ مَعَهَا ثَلاَثًا ثُمَّ إِنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏ "‏ مَنْ كَانَ عِنْدَهُ شَىْءٌ مِنْ هَذِهِ النِّسَاءِ الَّتِي يَتَمَتَّعُ فَلْيُخَلِّ سَبِيلَهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1406 a
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 22
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3252

Rabi' b. Sabra reported that his father went on an expedition with Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) during the Victory of Mecca, and we stayed there for fifteen days (i. e. for thirteen full days and a day and a night), and Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) permitted us to contract temporary marriage with women. So I and another person of my tribe went out, and I was more handsome than he, whereas he was almost ugly. Each one of us had a cloaks, My cloak was worn out, whereas the cloak of my cousin was quite new. As we reached the lower or the upper side of Mecca, we came across a young woman like a young smart long-necked she-camel. We said:

Is it possible that one of us may contract temporary marriage with you? She said: What will you give me as a dower? Each one of us spread his cloak. She began to cast a glance on both the persons. My companion also looked at her when she was casting a glance at her side and he said: This cloak of his is worn out, whereas my cloak is quite new. She, however, said twice or thrice: There is no harm in (accepting) this cloak (the old one). So I contracted temporary marriage with her, and I did not come out (of this) until Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) declared it forbidden.
حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو كَامِلٍ، فُضَيْلُ بْنُ حُسَيْنٍ الْجَحْدَرِيُّ حَدَّثَنَا بِشْرٌ، - يَعْنِي ابْنَ مُفَضَّلٍ - حَدَّثَنَا عُمَارَةُ بْنُ غَزِيَّةَ، عَنِ الرَّبِيعِ بْنِ سَبْرَةَ، أَنَّ أَبَاهُ، غَزَا مَعَ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَتْحَ مَكَّةَ قَالَ فَأَقَمْنَا بِهَا خَمْسَ عَشْرَةَ - ثَلاَثِينَ بَيْنَ لَيْلَةٍ وَيَوْمٍ - فَأَذِنَ لَنَا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فِي مُتْعَةِ النِّسَاءِ فَخَرَجْتُ أَنَا وَرَجُلٌ مِنْ قَوْمِي وَلِي عَلَيْهِ فَضْلٌ فِي الْجَمَالِ وَهُوَ قَرِيبٌ مِنَ الدَّمَامَةِ مَعَ كُلِّ وَاحِدٍ مِنَّا بُرْدٌ فَبُرْدِي خَلَقٌ وَأَمَّا بُرْدُ ابْنِ عَمِّي فَبُرْدٌ جَدِيدٌ غَضٌّ حَتَّى إِذَا كُنَّا بِأَسْفَلِ مَكَّةَ أَوْ بِأَعْلاَهَا فَتَلَقَّتْنَا فَتَاةٌ مِثْلُ الْبَكْرَةِ الْعَنَطْنَطَةِ فَقُلْنَا هَلْ لَكِ أَنْ يَسْتَمْتِعَ مِنْكِ أَحَدُنَا قَالَتْ وَمَاذَا تَبْذُلاَنِ فَنَشَرَ كُلُّ وَاحِدٍ مِنَّا بُرْدَهُ فَجَعَلَتْ تَنْظُرُ إِلَى الرَّجُلَيْنِ وَيَرَاهَا صَاحِبِي تَنْظُرُ إِلَى عِطْفِهَا فَقَالَ إِنَّ بُرْدَ هَذَا خَلَقٌ وَبُرْدِي جَدِيدٌ غَضٌّ ‏.‏ فَتَقُولُ بُرْدُ هَذَا لاَ بَأْسَ بِهِ ‏.‏ ثَلاَثَ مِرَارٍ أَوْ مَرَّتَيْنِ ثُمَّ اسْتَمْتَعْتُ مِنْهَا فَلَمْ أَخْرُجْ حَتَّى حَرَّمَهَا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1406 b
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 23
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3253

Sabra al-Juhani reported on the authority of his father that while he was with Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) he said:

O people, I had permitted you to contract temporary marriage with women, but Allah has forbidden it (now) until the Day of Resurrection. So he who has any (woman with this type of marriage contract) he should let her off, and do not take back anything you have given to them (as dower).
حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ نُمَيْرٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبِي، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الْعَزِيزِ بْنُ عُمَرَ، حَدَّثَنِي الرَّبِيعُ بْنُ سَبْرَةَ الْجُهَنِيُّ، أَنَّ أَبَاهُ، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّهُ، كَانَ مَعَ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَقَالَ ‏ "‏ يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنِّي قَدْ كُنْتُ أَذِنْتُ لَكُمْ فِي الاِسْتِمْتَاعِ مِنَ النِّسَاءِ وَإِنَّ اللَّهَ قَدْ حَرَّمَ ذَلِكَ إِلَى يَوْمِ الْقِيَامَةِ فَمَنْ كَانَ عِنْدَهُ مِنْهُنَّ شَىْءٌ فَلْيُخَلِّ سَبِيلَهُ وَلاَ تَأْخُذُوا مِمَّا آتَيْتُمُوهُنَّ شَيْئًا‏"‏ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1406 d
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 25
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3255

'Abd al-Malik b. Rabi' b. Sabraal-Juhanni reported on the authority of his father who narrated it on the authority of his father (i e. 'Abd al-Malik's grandfather, Sabura al-Juhanniy Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) permitted us to contract temporary marriage in the Year of Victory, as we entered Mecca, and we did come out of it but he forbade us to do it.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ، أَخْبَرَنَا يَحْيَى بْنُ آدَمَ، حَدَّثَنَا إِبْرَاهِيمُ بْنُ سَعْدٍ، عَنْ عَبْدِ الْمَلِكِ بْنِ الرَّبِيعِ بْنِ سَبْرَةَ الْجُهَنِيِّ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ جَدِّهِ، قَالَ أَمَرَنَا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم بِالْمُتْعَةِ عَامَ الْفَتْحِ حِينَ دَخَلْنَا مَكَّةَ ثُمَّ لَمْ نَخْرُجْ مِنْهَا حَتَّى نَهَانَا عَنْهَا‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1406 f
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 27
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3257

Sabra b. Ma'bad reported that Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) permitted his Companions to contract temporary marriage with women in the Year of Victory. So I and a friend of mine from Banu Sulaim went out, until we found a young woman of Banu Amir who was like a young she-camel having a long neck. We proposed to her for contracting temporary marriage with us, and presented to her our cloaks (as dower). She began to look and found me more handsome than my friend, but found the cloak of my friend more beautiful than my cloak. She thought in her mind for a while, but then preferred me to my friend. So I remained with her for three (nights), and then Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) commanded us to part with them (such women).

وَحَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى بْنُ يَحْيَى، أَخْبَرَنَا عَبْدُ الْعَزِيزِ بْنُ الرَّبِيعِ بْنِ سَبْرَةَ بْنِ مَعْبَدٍ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ أَبِي رَبِيعَ بْنَ سَبْرَةَ، يُحَدِّثُ عَنْ أَبِيهِ، سَبْرَةَ بْنِ مَعْبَدٍ أَنَّ نَبِيَّ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم عَامَ فَتْحِ مَكَّةَ أَمَرَ أَصْحَابَهُ بِالتَّمَتُّعِ مِنَ النِّسَاءِ - قَالَ - فَخَرَجْتُ أَنَا وَصَاحِبٌ لِي مِنْ بَنِي سُلَيْمٍ حَتَّى وَجَدْنَا جَارِيَةً مِنْ بَنِي عَامِرٍ كَأَنَّهَا بَكْرَةٌ عَيْطَاءُ فَخَطَبْنَاهَا إِلَى نَفْسِهَا وَعَرَضْنَا عَلَيْهَا بُرْدَيْنَا فَجَعَلَتْ تَنْظُرُ فَتَرَانِي أَجْمَلَ مِنْ صَاحِبِي وَتَرَى بُرْدَ صَاحِبِي أَحْسَنَ مِنْ بُرْدِي فَآمَرَتْ نَفْسَهَا سَاعَةً ثُمَّ اخْتَارَتْنِي عَلَى صَاحِبِي فَكُنَّ مَعَنَا ثَلاَثًا ثُمَّ أَمَرَنَا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم بِفِرَاقِهِنَّ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1406 g
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 28
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3258

Rabi' b. Sabra reported on the authority of his father that Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) prohibited the contracting of temporary marriage.

حَدَّثَنَا عَمْرٌو النَّاقِدُ، وَابْنُ، نُمَيْرٍ قَالاَ حَدَّثَنَا سُفْيَانُ بْنُ عُيَيْنَةَ، عَنِ الزُّهْرِيِّ، عَنِ الرَّبِيعِ بْنِ سَبْرَةَ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، أَنَّ النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم نَهَى عَنْ نِكَاحِ الْمُتْعَةِ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1406 h
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 29
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3259

Rabi' b. Sabra reported on the authority of his father that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) forbade on the Day of Victory to contract temporary marriage with women.

وَحَدَّثَنَا أَبُو بَكْرِ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ، حَدَّثَنَا ابْنُ عُلَيَّةَ، عَنْ مَعْمَرٍ، عَنِ الزُّهْرِيِّ، عَنِ الرَّبِيعِ، بْنِ سَبْرَةَ عَنْ أَبِيهِ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم نَهَى يَوْمَ الْفَتْحِ عَنْ مُتْعَةِ النِّسَاءِ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1406 i
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 30

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Rabi' b. Sabra that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) forbade to contract temporary marriage with women at the time of Victory, and that his father had contracted the marriage for two red cloaks.

وَحَدَّثَنِيهِ حَسَنٌ الْحُلْوَانِيُّ، وَعَبْدُ بْنُ حُمَيْدٍ، عَنْ يَعْقُوبَ بْنِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ بْنِ سَعْدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبِي، عَنْ صَالِحٍ، أَخْبَرَنَا ابْنُ شِهَابٍ، عَنِ الرَّبِيعِ بْنِ سَبْرَةَ الْجُهَنِيِّ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، أَنَّهُ أَخْبَرَهُ أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم نَهَى عَنِ الْمُتْعَةِ زَمَانَ الْفَتْحِ مُتْعَةِ النِّسَاءِ وَأَنَّ أَبَاهُ كَانَ تَمَتَّعَ بِبُرْدَيْنِ أَحْمَرَيْنِ.
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1406 j
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 31

'Urwa b. Zabair reported that 'Abdullah b. Zubair (Allah be pleased with him) stood up (and delivered an address) in Mecca saying:

Allah has made blind the hearts of some people as He has deprived them of eyesight that they give religious verdict in favour of temporary marriage, while he was alluding to a person (Ibn 'Abbas). Ibn Abbas called him and said: You are an uncouth person, devoid of sense. By my life, Mut'a was practised during the lifetime of the leader of the pious (he meant Allah's Messenger, may peace be upon him), and Ibn Zubair said to him: just do it yourselves, and by Allah, if you do that I will stone you with your stones. Ibn Shihab said. Khalid b. Muhajir b. Saifullah informed me: While I was sitting in the company of a person, a person came to him and he asked for a religious verdict about Mut'a and he permitted him to do it. Ibn Abu 'Amrah al-Ansari (Allah be pleased with him) said to him: Be gentle. It was permitted in- the early days of Islam, (for one) who was driven to it under the stress of necessity just as (the eating of) carrion and the blood and flesh of swine and then Allah intensified (the commands of) His religion and prohibited it (altogether). Ibn Shihab reported: Rabi' b. Sabra told me that his father (Sabra) said: I contracted temporary marriage with a woman of Banu 'Amir for two cloaks during the lifetime of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) ; then he forbade us to do Mut'a. Ibn Shihab said: I heard Rabi' b. Sabra narrating it to Umar b. 'Abd al-'Aziz and I was sitting there.
وَحَدَّثَنِي حَرْمَلَةُ بْنُ يَحْيَى، أَخْبَرَنَا ابْنُ وَهْبٍ، أَخْبَرَنِي يُونُسُ، قَالَ ابْنُ شِهَابٍ أَخْبَرَنِي عُرْوَةُ بْنُ الزُّبَيْرِ، أَنَّ عَبْدَ اللَّهِ بْنَ الزُّبَيْرِ، قَامَ بِمَكَّةَ فَقَالَ إِنَّ نَاسًا - أَعْمَى اللَّهُ قُلُوبَهُمْ كَمَا أَعْمَى أَبْصَارَهُمْ - يُفْتُونَ بِالْمُتْعَةِ - يُعَرِّضُ بِرَجُلٍ - فَنَادَاهُ فَقَالَ إِنَّكَ لَجِلْفٌ جَافٍ فَلَعَمْرِي لَقَدْ كَانَتِ الْمُتْعَةُ تُفْعَلُ عَلَى عَهْدِ إِمَامِ الْمُتَّقِينَ - يُرِيدُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم - فَقَالَ لَهُ ابْنُ الزُّبَيْرِ فَجَرِّبْ بِنَفْسِكَ فَوَاللَّهِ لَئِنْ فَعَلْتَهَا لأَرْجُمَنَّكَ بِأَحْجَارِكَ ‏.‏ قَالَ ابْنُ شِهَابٍ فَأَخْبَرَنِي خَالِدُ بْنُ الْمُهَاجِرِ بْنِ سَيْفِ اللَّهِ أَنَّهُ بَيْنَا هُوَ جَالِسٌ عِنْدَ رَجُلٍ جَاءَهُ رَجُلٌ فَاسْتَفْتَاهُ فِي الْمُتْعَةِ فَأَمَرَهُ بِهَا فَقَالَ لَهُ ابْنُ أَبِي عَمْرَةَ الأَنْصَارِيُّ مَهْلاً ‏.‏ قَالَ مَا هِيَ وَاللَّهِ لَقَدْ فُعِلَتْ فِي عَهْدِ إِمَامِ الْمُتَّقِينَ ‏.‏ قَالَ ابْنُ أَبِي عَمْرَةَ إِنَّهَا كَانَتْ رُخْصَةً فِي أَوَّلِ الإِسْلاَمِ لِمَنِ اضْطُرَّ إِلَيْهَا كَالْمَيْتَةِ وَالدَّمِ وَلَحْمِ الْخِنْزِيرِ ثُمَّ أَحْكَمَ اللَّهُ الدِّينَ وَنَهَى عَنْهَا ‏.‏ قَالَ ابْنُ شِهَابٍ وَأَخْبَرَنِي رَبِيعُ بْنُ سَبْرَةَ الْجُهَنِيُّ أَنَّ أَبَاهُ قَالَ قَدْ كُنْتُ اسْتَمْتَعْتُ فِي عَهْدِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم امْرَأَةً مِنْ بَنِي عَامِرٍ بِبُرْدَيْنِ أَحْمَرَيْنِ ثُمَّ نَهَانَا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم عَنِ الْمُتْعَةِ ‏.‏ قَالَ ابْنُ شِهَابٍ وَسَمِعْتُ رَبِيعَ بْنَ سَبْرَةَ يُحَدِّثُ ذَلِكَ عُمَرَ بْنَ عَبْدِ الْعَزِيزِ وَأَنَا جَالِسٌ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1406 k
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 32
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3261

Sabra al-Juhanni reported on the authority of his father:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) prohibited the contracting of temporary marriage and said: Behold, it is forbidden from this very day of yours to the Day of Resurrection, and he who has given something (as a dower) should not take it back.
وَحَدَّثَنِي سَلَمَةَ بْنُ شَبِيبٍ، حَدَّثَنَا الْحَسَنُ بْنُ أَعْيَنَ، حَدَّثَنَا مَعْقِلٌ، عَنِ ابْنِ أَبِي عَبْلَةَ، عَنْ عُمَرَ بْنِ عَبْدِ الْعَزِيزِ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا الرَّبِيعُ بْنُ سَبْرَةَ الْجُهَنِيُّ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم نَهَى عَنِ الْمُتْعَةِ وَقَالَ ‏ "‏ أَلاَ إِنَّهَا حَرَامٌ مِنْ يَوْمِكُمْ هَذَا إِلَى يَوْمِ الْقِيَامَةِ وَمَنْ كَانَ أَعْطَى شَيْئًا فَلاَ يَأْخُذْهُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1406 l
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 33
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3262

Ali b. AbiTalib reported that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) prohibited on the Day of Khaibar the contracting of temporary marriage with women and the eating of the flesh of domestic asses.

حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى بْنُ يَحْيَى، قَالَ قَرَأْتُ عَلَى مَالِكٍ عَنِ ابْنِ شِهَابٍ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، وَالْحَسَنِ، ابْنَىْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عَلِيٍّ عَنْ أَبِيهِمَا، عَنْ عَلِيِّ بْنِ أَبِي طَالِبٍ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم نَهَى عَنْ مُتْعَةِ النِّسَاءِ يَوْمَ خَيْبَرَ وَعَنْ أَكْلِ لُحُومِ الْحُمُرِ الإِنْسِيَّةِ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1407 a
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 34
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3263

Muhammad b. 'Ali narrated on the authority of his father 'Ali that Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) on the Day of Khaibar prohibited for ever the contracting of temporary marriage and eating of the flesh of the domestic asses.

حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو بَكْرِ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ، وَابْنُ، نُمَيْرٍ وَزُهَيْرُ بْنُ حَرْبٍ جَمِيعًا عَنِ ابْنِ عُيَيْنَةَ، - قَالَ زُهَيْرٌ حَدَّثَنَا سُفْيَانُ بْنُ عُيَيْنَةَ، - عَنِ الزُّهْرِيِّ، عَنِ الْحَسَنِ، وَعَبْدِ اللَّهِ، ابْنَىْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عَلِيٍّ عَنْ أَبِيهِمَا، عَنْ عَلِيٍّ، أَنَّ النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم نَهَى عَنْ نِكَاحِ الْمُتْعَةِ يَوْمَ خَيْبَرَ وَعَنْ لُحُومِ الْحُمُرِ الأَهْلِيَّةِ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1407 c
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 36
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3265

'Ali (Allah be pleased with him) heard that Ibn Abbas (Allah be pleased with them) gave some relaxation in connection with the contracting of temporary marriage, whereupon he said:

Don't be hasty (in your religious verdict), Ibn 'Abbas, for Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) on the Day of Khaibar prohibited that forever - along with the eating of flesh of domestic asses.
وَحَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ نُمَيْرٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبِي، حَدَّثَنَا عُبَيْدُ اللَّهِ، عَنِ ابْنِ شِهَابٍ، عَنِ الْحَسَنِ، وَعَبْدِ اللَّهِ، ابْنَىْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عَلِيٍّ عَنْ أَبِيهِمَا، عَنْ عَلِيٍّ، أَنَّهُ سَمِعَ ابْنَ عَبَّاسٍ، يُلَيِّنُ فِي مُتْعَةِ النِّسَاءِ فَقَالَ مَهْلاً يَا ابْنَ عَبَّاسٍ فَإِنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم نَهَى عَنْهَا يَوْمَ خَيْبَرَ وَعَنْ لُحُومِ الْحُمُرِ الإِنْسِيَّةِ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1407 d
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 37
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3266

'Ali (Allah be pleased with him) said to Ibn 'Abbas (Allah be pleased with them) that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) on the Day of Khaibar forbade forever the contracting of temporary marriage and the eating of the flesh of domestic asses.

وَحَدَّثَنِي أَبُو الطَّاهِرِ، وَحَرْمَلَةُ بْنُ يَحْيَى، قَالاَ أَخْبَرَنَا ابْنُ وَهْبٍ، أَخْبَرَنِي يُونُسُ، عَنِ ابْنِ شِهَابٍ، عَنِ الْحَسَنِ، وَعَبْدِ اللَّهِ، ابْنَىْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عَلِيِّ بْنِ أَبِي طَالِبٍ عَنْ أَبِيهِمَا، أَنَّهُ سَمِعَ عَلِيَّ بْنَ أَبِي طَالِبٍ، يَقُولُ لاِبْنِ عَبَّاسٍ نَهَى رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم عَنْ مُتْعَةِ النِّسَاءِ يَوْمَ خَيْبَرَ وَعَنْ أَكْلِ لُحُومِ الْحُمُرِ الإِنْسِيَّةِ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sahih Muslim 1407 e
In-book reference     : Book 16, Hadith 38
USC-MSA web (English) reference     : Book 8, Hadith 3267

Sunan Nisai:

It was narrated from Al-Hasan and 'Abdullah, the sons of Muhammad, from their father, that 'Ali heard that a man did not see anything wrong with Mut'ah (temporary marriage). He said:
"You are confused, the Messenger of Allah forbade it, and the meat of domestic donkeys on the day of Khaibar."
أَخْبَرَنَا عَمْرُو بْنُ عَلِيٍّ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، عَنْ عُبَيْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ عُمَرَ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنِي الزُّهْرِيُّ، عَنِ الْحَسَنِ، وَعَبْدِ اللَّهِ، ابْنَىْ مُحَمَّدٍ عَنْ أَبِيهِمَا، أَنَّ عَلِيًّا، بَلَغَهُ أَنَّ رَجُلاً، لاَ يَرَى بِالْمُتْعَةِ بَأْسًا فَقَالَ إِنَّكَ تَائِهٌ إِنَّهُ نَهَى رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم عَنْهَا وَعَنْ لُحُومِ الْحُمُرِ الأَهْلِيَّةِ يَوْمَ خَيْبَرَ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sunan an-Nasa'i 3365
In-book reference     : Book 26, Hadith 170
English translation     : Vol. 4, Book 26, Hadith 3367

It was narrated from 'Abdullah and Al-Hasan, the sons of Muhammad bin 'Ali, from their father, from 'Ali bin Abi Talib, that the Messenger of Allah on the Day of Khaibar forbade temporary marriage to women, and (he also forbade) the meat of tame donkeys.
أَخْبَرَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ سَلَمَةَ، وَالْحَارِثُ بْنُ مِسْكِينٍ، قِرَاءَةً عَلَيْهِ وَأَنَا أَسْمَعُ، - وَاللَّفْظُ لَهُ - قَالَ أَنْبَأَنَا ابْنُ الْقَاسِمِ، عَنْ مَالِكٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ شِهَابٍ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، وَالْحَسَنِ، ابْنَىْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عَلِيٍّ عَنْ أَبِيهِمَا، عَنْ عَلِيِّ بْنِ أَبِي طَالِبٍ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم نَهَى عَنْ مُتْعَةِ النِّسَاءِ يَوْمَ خَيْبَرَ وَعَنْ لُحُومِ الْحُمُرِ الإِنْسِيَّةِ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sunan an-Nasa'i 3366
In-book reference     : Book 26, Hadith 171
English translation     : Vol. 4, Book 26, Hadith 3368

Malik bin Anas narrated that Ibn Shihab told him that 'Abdullah and Al-Hasan, the sons of Muhammad bin 'Ali, told him, that their father Muhammad bin 'Ali told them, that 'Ali bin Abi Talib, may Allah be pleased with him, said:
"The Messenger of Allah on the Day of Khaibar forbade temporary marriage to women." (One of the narrators) Ibn Al-Muthanna said: "The Day of Hunain." He said: "This is what 'Abdul-Wahhab narrated to us from his book."
أَخْبَرَنَا عَمْرُو بْنُ عَلِيٍّ، وَمُحَمَّدُ بْنُ بَشَّارٍ، وَمُحَمَّدُ بْنُ الْمُثَنَّى، قَالُوا أَنْبَأَنَا عَبْدُ الْوَهَّابِ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ يَحْيَى بْنَ سَعِيدٍ، يَقُولُ أَخْبَرَنِي مَالِكُ بْنُ أَنَسٍ، أَنَّ ابْنَ شِهَابٍ، أَخْبَرَهُ أَنَّ عَبْدَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَسَنَ ابْنَىْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عَلِيٍّ أَخْبَرَاهُ أَنَّ أَبَاهُمَا مُحَمَّدَ بْنَ عَلِيٍّ أَخْبَرَهُمَا أَنَّ عَلِيَّ بْنَ أَبِي طَالِبٍ رضى الله عنه قَالَ نَهَى رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَوْمَ خَيْبَرَ عَنْ مُتْعَةِ النِّسَاءِ ‏.‏ قَالَ ابْنُ الْمُثَنَّى يَوْمَ حُنَيْنٍ وَقَالَ هَكَذَا حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الْوَهَّابِ مِنْ كِتَابِهِ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sunan an-Nasa'i 3367
In-book reference     : Book 26, Hadith 172
English translation     : Vol. 4, Book 26, Hadith 3369

It was narrated from Ar-Rabi' bin Sabrah Al-Juhani that his father said:
"The Messenger of Allah gave permission for Mut'ah, so I and another man went to a woman from Bani 'Amir and offered ourselves to her (for Mut'ah). She said: 'What will you give me?' I said: 'My Rida' (upper garment).' My companion also said: 'My Rida'.' My companion's Rida' was finer than mine, but I was younger than him. When she looked at my companion's Rida' she liked it, but when she looked at me, she liked me. Then she said: 'You and your Rida' are sufficient for me.' I stayed with her for three (days), then the Messenger of Allah said: 'Whoever has any of these women whom he married temporarily should let them go.'"
أَخْبَرَنَا قُتَيْبَةُ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا اللَّيْثُ، عَنِ الرَّبِيعِ بْنِ سَبْرَةَ الْجُهَنِيِّ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، قَالَ أَذِنَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم بِالْمُتْعَةِ فَانْطَلَقْتُ أَنَا وَرَجُلٌ إِلَى امْرَأَةٍ مِنْ بَنِي عَامِرٍ فَعَرَضْنَا عَلَيْهَا أَنْفُسَنَا فَقَالَتْ مَا تُعْطِينِي فَقُلْتُ رِدَائِي ‏.‏ وَقَالَ صَاحِبِي رِدَائِي ‏.‏ وَكَانَ رِدَاءُ صَاحِبِي أَجْوَدَ مِنْ رِدَائِي وَكُنْتُ أَشَبَّ مِنْهُ فَإِذَا نَظَرَتْ إِلَى رِدَاءِ صَاحِبِي أَعْجَبَهَا وَإِذَا نَظَرَتْ إِلَىَّ أَعْجَبْتُهَا ثُمَّ قَالَتْ أَنْتَ وَرِدَاؤُكَ يَكْفِينِي ‏.‏ فَمَكَثْتُ مَعَهَا ثَلاَثًا ثُمَّ إِنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏ "‏ مَنْ كَانَ عِنْدَهُ مِنْ هَذِهِ النِّسَاءِ اللاَّتِي يَتَمَتَّعُ فَلْيُخَلِّ سَبِيلَهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Reference     : Sunan an-Nasa'i 3368
In-book reference     : Book 26, Hadith 173
English translation     : Vol. 4, Book 26, Hadith 3370

Sunan Abi Dawood:

Al Zuhri said “we were with ‘Umar bin ‘Abd Al Aziz, there we discussed temporary marriage. A man called Rabi bin Saburah said “I bear witness that my father told me that the Apostle of Allaah(ﷺ) had prohibited it at the Farewell Pilgrimage.”
حَدَّثَنَا مُسَدَّدُ بْنُ مُسَرْهَدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الْوَارِثِ، عَنْ إِسْمَاعِيلَ بْنِ أُمَيَّةَ، عَنِ الزُّهْرِيِّ، قَالَ كُنَّا عِنْدَ عُمَرَ بْنِ عَبْدِ الْعَزِيزِ فَتَذَاكَرْنَا مُتْعَةَ النِّسَاءِ فَقَالَ لَهُ رَجُلٌ يُقَالُ لَهُ رَبِيعُ بْنُ سَبْرَةَ أَشْهَدُ عَلَى أَبِي أَنَّهُ حَدَّثَ أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم نَهَى عَنْهَا فِي حَجَّةِ الْوَدَاعِ ‏.‏
  شاذ والمحفوظ زمن الفتح   (الألباني)    حكم   :
Reference     : Sunan Abi Dawud 2072
In-book reference     : Book 12, Hadith 27
English translation     : Book 11, Hadith 2067

Rabi' b. Saburah reported on the authority of his father:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) prohibited temporary marriage with women.
حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ يَحْيَى بْنِ فَارِسٍ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الرَّزَّاقِ، أَخْبَرَنَا مَعْمَرٌ، عَنِ الزُّهْرِيِّ، عَنْ رَبِيعِ بْنِ سَبْرَةَ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، أَنَّ النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم حَرَّمَ مُتْعَةَ النِّسَاءِ ‏.‏
  صحيح م وزاد زمن الفتح   (الألباني)    حكم   :
Reference     : Sunan Abi Dawud 2073
In-book reference     : Book 12, Hadith 28
English translation     : Book 11, Hadith 2068

Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said: If anyone gives as a dower to his wife two handfuls of flour or dates he has made her lawful for him.

AbuDawud said: This tradition has been narrated by Abdur Rahman ibn Mahdi, from Salih ibn Ruman, from Abu al-Zubayr on the authority of Jabir as his own statement (not going back to the Prophet). It has also been transmitted by AbuAsim from Salih ibn Ruman , from AbuzZubayr on the authority of Jabir who said: During the lifetime of the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) we used to contract temporary marriage for a handful of grain.

Abu Dawud said: This tradition has also been transmitted by Ibn Juraij from Abu al-Zubair on the authority of Jabir similar to the one narrated by Abu 'Asim.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ جِبْرِيلَ الْبَغْدَادِيُّ، أَخْبَرَنَا يَزِيدُ، أَخْبَرَنَا مُوسَى بْنُ مُسْلِمِ بْنِ رُومَانَ، عَنْ أَبِي الزُّبَيْرِ، عَنْ جَابِرِ بْنِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، أَنَّ النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏ "‏ مَنْ أَعْطَى فِي صَدَاقِ امْرَأَةٍ مِلْءَ كَفَّيْهِ سَوِيقًا أَوْ تَمْرًا فَقَدِ اسْتَحَلَّ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ أَبُو دَاوُدَ رَوَاهُ عَبْدُ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنُ مَهْدِيٍّ عَنْ صَالِحِ بْنِ رُومَانَ عَنْ أَبِي الزُّبَيْرِ عَنْ جَابِرٍ مَوْقُوفًا وَرَوَاهُ أَبُو عَاصِمٍ عَنْ صَالِحِ بْنِ رُومَانَ عَنْ أَبِي الزُّبَيْرِ عَنْ جَابِرٍ قَالَ كُنَّا عَلَى عَهْدِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم نَسْتَمْتِعُ بِالْقُبْضَةِ مِنَ الطَّعَامِ عَلَى مَعْنَى الْمُتْعَةِ ‏.‏ قَالَ أَبُو دَاوُدَ رَوَاهُ ابْنُ جُرَيْجٍ عَنْ أَبِي الزُّبَيْرِ عَنْ جَابِرٍ عَلَى مَعْنَى أَبِي عَاصِمٍ ‏.‏
Grade    : Da'if (Al-Albani)      ضعيف   (الألباني)    حكم   :
Reference     : Sunan Abi Dawud 2110
In-book reference     : Book 12, Hadith 65
English translation     : Book 11, Hadith 2105

Sunan Ibn Majah:

It was narrated from 'Ali bin Abu Talib that:
The Messenger of Allah forbade on the Day of Khaibar, the temporary marriage of women and (he forbade) the flesh of domestic donkeys.
حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ يَحْيَى، حَدَّثَنَا بِشْرُ بْنُ عُمَرَ، حَدَّثَنَا مَالِكُ بْنُ أَنَسٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ شِهَابٍ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، وَالْحَسَنِ، ابْنَىْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عَلِيٍّ عَنْ أَبِيهِمَا، عَنْ عَلِيِّ بْنِ أَبِي طَالِبٍ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ نَهَى عَنْ مُتْعَةِ النِّسَاءِ يَوْمَ خَيْبَرَ وَعَنْ لُحُومِ الْحُمُرِ الإِنْسِيَّةِ ‏.‏
Sunnah.com reference     : Book 9, Hadith 117
English reference     : Vol. 3, Book 9, Hadith 1961
Arabic reference     : Book 9, Hadith 2037

It was narrated from Rabi'bin Sabrah that his father said :
"We went out with the Messenger of Allah on the Farewell pilgrimage, and they said : 'O Messenger of Allah, (ﷺ) celibacy has become too difficult for us'. He said : 'Then make temporary marriages with these women'. So we went to them, but they insisted on setting a fixed time between us and them. They mentioned that to the Prophet and he said : 'Set a fixed time between you and them.' So I went out with a cousin of mine. He had a cloak and I had a cloak, but his cloak was finer than mine, and I was younger than him. We came to a women and she said: 'One cloak is like another.' So I married her and stayed with her that night. Then the next day I saw the Messenger of Allah standing between the Rukn (corner) and the door (of the Ka'bah), saying : 'O people, I had permitted temporary marriage for you, but Allah has forbidden it until the Day of Resurrection. however had any temporary wives, he should let them go, and do not take back anything that you had given to them.' "
حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو بَكْرِ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدَةُ بْنُ سُلَيْمَانَ، عَنْ عَبْدِ الْعَزِيزِ بْنِ عُمَرَ، عَنِ الرَّبِيعِ بْنِ سَبْرَةَ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، قَالَ خَرَجْنَا مَعَ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ فِي حَجَّةِ الْوَدَاعِ فَقَالُوا يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ إِنَّ الْعُزْبَةَ قَدِ اشْتَدَّتْ عَلَيْنَا ‏.‏ قَالَ ‏"‏ فَاسْتَمْتِعُوا مِنْ هَذِهِ النِّسَاءِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ فَأَتَيْنَاهُنَّ فَأَبَيْنَ أَنْ يَنْكِحْنَنَا إِلاَّ أَنْ نَجْعَلَ بَيْنَنَا وَبَيْنَهُنَّ أَجَلاً فَذَكَرُوا ذَلِكَ لِلنَّبِيِّ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ فَقَالَ ‏"‏ اجْعَلُوا بَيْنَكُمْ وَبَيْنَهُنَّ أَجَلاً ‏"‏ ‏.‏ فَخَرَجْتُ أَنَا وَابْنُ عَمٍّ لِي مَعَهُ بُرْدٌ وَمَعِي بُرْدٌ وَبُرْدُهُ أَجْوَدُ مِنْ بُرْدِي وَأَنَا أَشَبُّ مِنْهُ فَأَتَيْنَا عَلَى امْرَأَةٍ فَقَالَتْ بُرْدٌ كَبُرْدٍ ‏.‏ فَتَزَوَّجْتُهَا فَمَكَثْتُ عِنْدَهَا تِلْكَ اللَّيْلَةَ ثُمَّ غَدَوْتُ وَرَسُولُ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ قَائِمٌ بَيْنَ الرُّكْنِ وَالْبَابِ وَهُوَ يَقُولُ ‏"‏ أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنِّي قَدْ كُنْتُ أَذِنْتُ لَكُمْ فِي الاِسْتِمْتَاعِ أَلاَ وَإِنَّ اللَّهَ قَدْ حَرَّمَهَا إِلَى يَوْمِ الْقِيَامَةِ فَمَنْ كَانَ عِنْدَهُ مِنْهُنَّ شَىْءٌ فَلْيُخَلِّ سَبِيلَهَا وَلاَ تَأْخُذُوا مِمَّا آتَيْتُمُوهُنَّ شَيْئًا ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Sunnah.com reference     : Book 9, Hadith 118
English reference     : Vol. 3, Book 9, Hadith 1962
Arabic reference     : Book 9, Hadith 2038

It was narrated that Ibn 'Umar said:
"When 'Umar bin Khattab was appointed caliph, he addressed the people and said: 'The Messenger of Allah permitted temporary marriage for us three times, then he forbade it. By Allah, If I hear of any married person entering a temporary marriage, I will stone him to death, unless he can bring me four witnesses who will testify that the Messenger of Allah, allowed it after he forbade it'."
حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ خَلَفٍ الْعَسْقَلاَنِيُّ، حَدَّثَنَا الْفِرْيَابِيُّ، عَنْ أَبَانَ بْنِ أَبِي حَازِمٍ، عَنْ أَبِي بَكْرِ بْنِ حَفْصٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ عُمَرَ، قَالَ لَمَّا وَلِيَ عُمَرُ بْنُ الْخَطَّابِ خَطَبَ النَّاسَ فَقَالَ إِنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ أَذِنَ لَنَا فِي الْمُتْعَةِ ثَلاَثًا ثُمَّ حَرَّمَهَا وَاللَّهِ لاَ أَعْلَمُ أَحَدًا تَمَتَّعَ وَهُوَ مُحْصَنٌ إِلاَّ رَجَمْتُهُ بِالْحِجَارَةِ إِلاَّ أَنْ يَأْتِيَنِي بِأَرْبَعَةٍ يَشْهَدُونَ أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ أَحَلَّهَا بَعْدَ إِذْ حَرَّمَهَا ‏.‏
Grade    : Hasan (Darussalam)        
Sunnah.com reference     : Book 9, Hadith 119
English reference     : Vol. 3, Book 9, Hadith 1963
Arabic reference     : Book 9, Hadith 203

A lot of these say that the prophet(pbub) himself banned the practice. Whats the shia opinion on this?

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, smma said:

A lot of these say that the prophet(pbub) himself banned the practice. Whats the shia opinion on this?

It is a wonder how one person noticed that it was the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) was the one who originally banned it. These people are claiming that 'Umar was the first to ban it, when this is a blatant fabrication and statements of complete and utter ignorance. 

The Shi'a reject our books [for the most part] and say that it is a fabrication (though they cannot prove it). They view this as a fabrication, because otherwise, why would they continue to practice something that was banned?

• Advanced Member

One more hadith from sahih Muslim to add to the above narrations:

Sahih muslim 1405e

Abu Nadra reported:

While I was in the company of Jabir b. Abdullah, a person came to him and said that Ibn 'Abbas and Ibn Zubair differed on the two types of Mut'as (Tamattu' of Hajj 1846 and Tamattu' with women), whereupon Jabir said: We used to do these two during the lifetime of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ). Umar then forbade us to do them, and so we did not revert to them.

حَدَّثَنَا حَامِدُ بْنُ عُمَرَ الْبَكْرَاوِيُّ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الْوَاحِدِ، - يَعْنِي ابْنَ زِيَادٍ - عَنْ عَاصِمٍ، عَنْ أَبِي نَضْرَةَ، قَالَ كُنْتُ عِنْدَ جَابِرِ بْنِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ فَأَتَاهُ آتٍ فَقَالَ ابْنُ عَبَّاسٍ وَابْنُ الزُّبَيْرِ اخْتَلَفَا فِي الْمُتْعَتَيْنِ فَقَالَ جَابِرٌ فَعَلْنَاهُمَا مَعَ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ثُمَّ نَهَانَا عَنْهُمَا عُمَرُ فَلَمْ نَعُدْ لَهُمَا ‏
  • Moderators
23 minutes ago, Nightclaw said:

It is a wonder how one person noticed that it was the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) was the one who originally banned it. These people are claiming that 'Umar was the first to ban it, when this is a blatant fabrication and statements of complete and utter ignorance. 

The Shi'a reject our books [for the most part] and say that it is a fabrication (though they cannot prove it). They view this as a fabrication, because otherwise, why would they continue to practice something that was banned?

From what I know, we don't accept that hadith that said that Mutah was banned during the Battle of Khaybar. But lets say we did accept it (just theoretically). That wouldn't change any of the major facts of the argument, that 

1. Even if theoretically it was banned in Khaybar, we have many, many hadith from our Imams((عليه السلام)) that say it is allowed. These hadith were after Khaybar. So for us Shia, it is allowed. 

2. The ban of Umar was a general ban, not a specific ban. He said, 'It is banned (prohibited'). He didn't add a condition to that (It is banned until x, y, z). He was the first to do that. So even if we accept , again theoretically, that is was banned by Rasoulallah(p.b.u.h) on the day of Khaybar, this ban ended, meaning after that is was allowed, whereas the prohibition of Umar didn't end, meaning it is still, today in 2020, not allowed. That is the difference and that is why we could theoretically, if it was shown to be credible, accept the banning on the day of Khaybar hadith, but we could not accept the ban of Umar, because it goes against many, many hadith that we know are authentic as well as Holy Quran. 

Edited by Abu Hadi
  • Advanced Member
5 minutes ago, Abu Hadi said:

2. The ban of Umar was a general ban, not a specific ban. He said, 'It is banned (prohibited'). He didn't add a condition to that (It is banned until x, y, z). He was the first to do that. So even if we accept , again theoretically, that is was banned by Rasoulallah(p.b.u.h) on the day of Khaybar, this ban ended, meaning after that is was allowed, whereas the prohibition of Umar didn't end, meaning it is still, today in 2020, not allowed. That is the difference and that is why we could theoretically, if it was shown to be credible, accept the banning on the day of Khaybar, but we could not accept the ban of Umar, because it goes against many, many hadith that we know are authentic as well as Holy Quran.

"He didn't add a condition".

This was explained. People were still practicing at because some companions were not present at Khaybar during the reign of Abu Bakr. He reinforced the ban. Go back and check everything before saying that he was the first to ban it when that is not how it went. Do not twist the words. He did not have to explain what was already understood and you would not bring this point up if you understood. He was not the first to say it was prohibited because the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) already prohibited it.

You can say he was the first, but as long as the narrations show that it was forbidden from the mouth of the Messenger himself from our narrations, then it is clear you cannot comprehend what is being put in front of you. The first to prohibit it according to our narrations was the Messenger. Nobody else allowed it nor prohibited it afterwards, because this makes no sense. How could he prohibit what was already forbidden? "All Muslims, stop eating pork" - If I say this to a group of Muslims who do not know pork is forbidden, I have to give a condition? Wallahi, this is nonsensical and shows that you just want a reason to dislike 'Umar. No other explanation can be given unless you do not understand whatsoever what is directly in front of you.

Nowhere does it state in our narrations that it was allowed afterwards. If you state this, by Allah you are lying. I asked for everything according to our narrations, and everyone is failing and will continue to fail to prove their claims. 

• Advanced Member
16 minutes ago, Nightclaw said:

Prove it. 

Imam Ibn Hajr Asqalani in ‘Talkhees al Habeer fi Takhreej al Hadeeth al Rafa al Kabeer’ Volume 3 page 159 (printed Cairo) narrates as follows:
“After the death of Holy Prophet (s), a group of Salaf deemed it Halal. Amongst the Sahaba they were Asma bint Abi Bakr, Jabir bin Abdullah, Ibn Masood, Ibn Abbas, Mu’awiya, Amr bin Huraith, Abu Saeed, Salama and Mu’abad bin Umaya bin Khalaf. He said that Jabir reported from the companions that (it was valid) during the reign of the Prophet, Abu Bakr and some part of Umar’s reign. He said that it is reported from Umar that he forbade it only if there were not two just witnesses. Some of Tab’een deemed (it halal) such as Tawous, Atta, Saeed bin Jubair and the majority of the jurists of Makka.”
Moreover we read:
“What has been reported from Asma, al-Nesa’i narrates it from Muslim Quri: ‘We went before Asma bint Abu Bakr and we asked her about Mut’ah al-Nisa, she replied: ‘I performed this Mut’ah during the lifetime of Rasulullah (s)”

also provided the names of Sahabah who believed in the legitimacy of Mutah:
ثبت الجواز عن جمع من الصحابة كجابر وابن مسعود وأبي سعيد ومعاوية وأسماء بنت أبي بكر وابن عباس وعمرو بن الحويرث وسلمة، وعن جماعة من التابعين
“Its permissibility is proved from a group of companions such as Jabir, Ibn Masoud, Abi Saeed, Mu’awiya, Asma bint Abi Bakr, Ibn Abbas, Amro bin Huraith, Salamah and also from a group of Tabyeen.”
-------------
In the version of Musnad Abu Dawood available on the internet, the tradition can be read in Volume 5 page 48 Tradition 1731:
حدثنا يونس قال : حدثنا أبو داود قال : حدثنا شعبة ، عن مسلم القري ، قال : دخلنا على أسماء بنت أبي بكر ، فسألناها عن متعة النساء ، فقالت : « فعلناها على عهد النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم
“We came to Asma Bint Abu Bakr and asked her about Mut’ah with women. She said: ‘We performed this during the lifetime of Rasulullah (s)’”.
Musnad Abu Dawood al-Tayaalsi, Volume 5 page 48 Tradition 1731

----------------
Amongst the Sahaba exist a group that believed in the legitimacy of Mut’ah. Nasai and Tahawi have stated that Asma (رضي الله عنه) Bint Sidiq Akbar (رضي الله عنه) said: “We practised it during the life of Rasulullah(s).”
Tafseer al-Mazhari, Surah an-Nisa, Page 74

--------------------

from “Musnad” of Taylase.

Narrated Yunos narrated Abu Dawood narrated Sho’ba from Muslim al-Qurashi he said : we visited Asma bint Abi Bakr and we asked her about MUTA OF WOMEN so she said : WE did it during the time of rasool Allah

---------------

Tabarani in “Kabir”:

277 – حدثنا عبد الله بن أحمد بن حنبل و محمد بن صالح بن الوليد النرسي قالا : ثنا أبو حفص عمرو بن علي قال : ثنا أبو داود ثنا شعبة عن مسلم القري قال :
: دخلنا على أسماء بنت أبي بكر فسألناها عن المتعة فقالت : فعلناها على عهد رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم

Muslim al-Qurashi said : we visited Asma bint Abi Bakr and we asked her about MUTA so she said : WE did it during the time of rasool Allah (sallalahu alaihi wa ala alihi wa salam).

----------------

Sahih Moslem.
Chapter 27: CONCERNING TAMATTU’ IN HAJJ

Book 007, Number 2854:
Muslim al-Qurri reported: I asked Ibn Abbas (Allah be pleased with them) about Tamattu’ in Hajj and he permitted it, whereas Ibn Zubair had forbidden it. He (Ibn ‘Abbas) said: This is the mother of Ibn Zubair who states that Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) had permitted it, so you better go to her and ask her about it. He (Muslim al-Qurri said): So we went to her and she was a bulky blind lady and she said: Verily Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) permitted it.
Book 007, Number 2855:
This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Shu’ba with the same chain of transmitters, but with a slight variation of words.

---------------

here are many more sunni hadiths allowing mutah from sahih muslim and bukhari... included quran verses

• Sahih Moslem.  Chapter 27: CONCERNING TAMATTU’ IN HAJJ
  • Muslim al-Qurashi said : we visited Asma bint Abi Bakr and we asked her about MUTA so she said : WE did it during the time of sawa .
  • Sahih Muslim, English version, v2, chapter DXLI (titled: Temporary Marriage), Tradition #3246
  • Sahih Muslim, Arabic version, 1980 Edition Pub. in Saudi Arabia, v2, p1022, Tradition #13, "Kitab al-Nikah, Bab Nikah al-Mut’a"
  • Sahih Muslim, English version, v2, chapter DXLI (titled: Temporary Marriage), Tradition #3247
  • Sahih Muslim, Arabic version, 1980 Edition Pub. in Saudi Arabia, v2, p1022, Tradition #14, "Kitab al-Nikah, Bab Nikah al-Mut’a"
  • Sahih al-Bukhari, Arabic-English version, v7, Tradition #13a
  • Sahih al-Bukhari, Arabic, v6, p11, under Tafsir of verse 5:87 of Qur’an
  • Sahih Muslim, Arabic version, 1980 Edition Pub. in Saudi Arabia, v2, p1022, Tradition #11, "Kitab al-Nikah, Bab Nikah al-Mut’a"
  • Sahih Muslim, English version, v2, chapter DXLI (titled: Temporary Marriage), Tradition #3243

quranic verses

• O you who believe! Make not unlawful the good things which Allah has made lawful for you, but commit no transgression.’ (Qur’an 5:87) 
  • There can be no doubt that the Qur’an bears witness that Mut’ah was originally Halaal and it was Umar who forbade it.

-------------

there are also waaaay to many hadith saying it was umar who forbade it.. it looks like he trying to play a prophet

soo you all follow prophet umar and his sunna?

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Nightclaw said:

"He didn't add a condition".

This was explained. People were still practicing at because some companions were not present at Khaybar during the reign of Abu Bakr. He reinforced the ban. Go back and check everything before saying that he was the first to ban it when that is not how it went. Do not twist the words. He did not have to explain what was already understood and you would not bring this point up if you understood. He was not the first to say it was prohibited because the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) already prohibited it.

You can say he was the first, but as long as the narrations show that it was forbidden from the mouth of the Messenger himself from our narrations, then it is clear you cannot comprehend what is being put in front of you. The first to prohibit it according to our narrations was the Messenger. Nobody else allowed it nor prohibited it afterwards, because this makes no sense. How could he prohibit what was already forbidden? "All Muslims, stop eating pork" - If I say this to a group of Muslims who do not know pork is forbidden, I have to give a condition? Wallahi, this is nonsensical and shows that you just want a reason to dislike 'Umar. No other explanation can be given unless you do not understand whatsoever what is directly in front of you.

Nowhere does it state in our narrations that it was allowed afterwards. If you state this, by Allah you are lying. I asked for everything according to our narrations, and everyone is failing and will continue to fail to prove their claims. 

So if Rasoulallah forbid it completely, according to you, then how do you interpret Holy Quran 4:24 which allows it ? 

Wouldn't that mean Rasoulallah is going against Holy Quran ? 

main-qimg-7917cd3e5f91b9fffb046691fd7d9e91.png

• Advanced Member
21 minutes ago, smma said:

Can anyone please also comment some hadith where the imams talk about mutah?

2. Muhammad ibn ‘Isma’il has narrated from al-Fadl ibn Shadhan from Safwan ibn Yahya from ibn Muskan from ‘Abd Allah ibn Sulayman who has said the following: “I once heard abu Ja‘far, ‘Alayhi al-Salam, saying that Ali, ‘Alayhi al-Salam, would say, ‘Had banu al- Khattab not prohibited al-Mut‘ah (advantageous marriage) before (the beginning of my administration) no one would commit fornication except the wicked ones.’”

3. Ali ibn Ibrahim has narrated from his father from ibn abu ‘Umayr from those whom he has mentioned who has said the following: “Abu ‘Abd Allah, ‘Alayhi al-Salam, has said, ‘It was revealed as “If you marry them [for an appointed time] for al-Mut‘ah (advantageous marriage) you must pay their dowries.” (4:24)’”

4- عَلِيٌّ عَنْ أَبِيهِ عَنِ ابْنِ أَبِي عُمَيْرٍ عَنْ عُمَرَ بْنِ أُذَيْنَةَ عَنْ زُرَارَةَ قَالَ جَاءَ عَبْدُ اللهِ بْنُ عُمَيْرٍ اللَّيْثِيُّ إِلَى أَبِي جَعْفَرٍ (عَلَيْهِ السَّلام) فَقَالَ لَهُ مَا تَقُولُ فِي مُتْعَةِ النِّسَاءِ فَقَالَ أَحَلَّهَا اللهُ فِي كِتَابِهِ وَعَلَى لِسَانِ نَبِيِّهِ (صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَآلِه) فَهِيَ حَلالٌ إِلَى يَوْمِ الْقِيَامَةِ فَقَالَ يَا أَبَا جَعْفَرٍ مِثْلُكَ يَقُولُ هَذَا وَقَدْ حَرَّمَهَا عُمَرُ وَنَهَى عَنْهَا فَقَالَ وَإِنْ كَانَ فَعَلَ قَالَ إِنِّي أُعِيذُكَ بِاللهِ مِنْ ذَلِكَ أَنْ تُحِلَّ شَيْئاً حَرَّمَهُ عُمَرُ قَالَ فَقَالَ لَهُ فَأَنْتَ عَلَى قَوْلِ صَاحِبِكَ وَأَنَا عَلَى قَوْلِ رَسُولِ اللهِ (صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَآلِه) فَهَلُمَّ أُلاعِنْكَ أَنَّ الْقَوْلَ مَا قَالَ رَسُولُ اللهِ (صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَآلِه) وَأَنَّ الْبَاطِلَ مَا قَالَ صَاحِبُكَ قَالَ فَأَقْبَلَ عَبْدُ اللهِ بْنُ عُمَيْرٍ فَقَالَ يَسُرُّكَ أَنَّ نِسَاءَكَ وَبَنَاتِكَ وَأَخَوَاتِكَ وَبَنَاتِ عَمِّكَ يَفْعَلْنَ قَالَ فَأَعْرَضَ عَنْهُ أَبُو جَعْفَرٍ (عَلَيْهِ السَّلام) حِينَ ذَكَرَ نِسَاءَهُ وَبَنَاتِ عَمِّهِ.

4. Ali ibn Ibrahim has narrated from his father from ibn abu ‘Umayr from ‘Umar ibn ‘Udhaynah from Zurarah who has said the following: “Once ‘Abd Allah ibn ‘Umayr al-Laythiy came to abu Ja‘far, ‘Alayhi al-Salam, and asked, ‘What do you say about al-Mut‘ah (advantageous marriage) of women?’ He (the Imam) said, ‘Allah has made it lawful in His book by the tongue of His Holy prophet, O Allah, grant compensation to Muhammad and his family worthy of their services to Your cause, thus it will remain lawful up to the Day of Judgment.’ He then said, ‘O abu Ja’far, how can someone like you say this, when ‘Umar made it unlawful and prohibited it?’ He (the Imam) said, ‘Even if he has done so.’ He said, ‘I ask Allah to protect you against a thing that ‘Umar has made unlawful.’ He (the narrator) has said that he (the Imam) then said, ‘So you can stand by the words of your friend but I stand by the words of the Messenger of Allah, O Allah, grant compensation to Muhammad and his family worthy of their services to Your cause, and I am prepared for al-Mula‘inah (ask Allah to condemn the party on the side of falsehood) that the word is what the Messenger of Allah, O Allah, grant compensation to Muhammad and his family worthy of their services to Your cause, has said; and that falsehood is what your friend has said.’ He (the narrator) has said that ‘Abd Allah ibn ‘Umayr then said, ‘Will it make you happy that your women, daughters, sisters, daughters of your aunts do?’ He (the narrator) has said that abu Ja‘far, ‘Alayhi al-Salam, when he mentioned his women and daughters of his aunts turned away from him.’”

- مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ يَحْيَى عَنْ عَبْدِ اللهِ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ عَنْ عَلِيِّ بْنِ الْحَكَمِ عَنْ أَبَانِ بْنِ عُثْمَانَ عَنْ أَبِي مَرْيَمَ عَنْ أَبِي عَبْدِ اللهِ (عَلَيْهِ السَّلام) قَالَ الْمُتْعَةُ نَزَلَ بِهَا الْقُرْآنُ وَجَرَتْ بِهَا السُّنَّةُ مِنْ رَسُولِ اللهِ (صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَآلِه).

5. Muhammad ibn Yahya has narrated from ‘Abd Allah ibn Muhammad from Ali ibn al-Hakam from Aban ibn ‘Uthman from abu Maryam who has said the following: “Abu ‘Abd Allah, ‘Alayhi al-Salam, has said, ‘Al-Mut‘ah (advantageous marriage) is mentioned in al- Quran and the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah, O Allah, grant compensation to Muhammad and his family worthy of their services to Your cause, has followed it.’”

This is all from Al-Kafi volume 5 Book of Marriage.

Their are many many more but it would be too lengthy. 

• Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, F.M said:
Imam Ibn Hajr Asqalani in ‘Talkhees al Habeer fi Takhreej al Hadeeth al Rafa al Kabeer’ Volume 3 page 159 (printed Cairo) narrates as follows:
“After the death of Holy Prophet (s), a group of Salaf deemed it Halal. Amongst the Sahaba they were Asma bint Abi Bakr, Jabir bin Abdullah, Ibn Masood, Ibn Abbas, Mu’awiya, Amr bin Huraith, Abu Saeed, Salama and Mu’abad bin Umaya bin Khalaf. He said that Jabir reported from the companions that (it was valid) during the reign of the Prophet, Abu Bakr and some part of Umar’s reign. He said that it is reported from Umar that he forbade it only if there were not two just witnesses. Some of Tab’een deemed (it halal) such as Tawous, Atta, Saeed bin Jubair and the majority of the jurists of Makka.”
Moreover we read:
“What has been reported from Asma, al-Nesa’i narrates it from Muslim Quri: ‘We went before Asma bint Abu Bakr and we asked her about Mut’ah al-Nisa, she replied: ‘I performed this Mut’ah during the lifetime of Rasulullah (s)”

also provided the names of Sahabah who believed in the legitimacy of Mutah:
ثبت الجواز عن جمع من الصحابة كجابر وابن مسعود وأبي سعيد ومعاوية وأسماء بنت أبي بكر وابن عباس وعمرو بن الحويرث وسلمة، وعن جماعة من التابعين
“Its permissibility is proved from a group of companions such as Jabir, Ibn Masoud, Abi Saeed, Mu’awiya, Asma bint Abi Bakr, Ibn Abbas, Amro bin Huraith, Salamah and also from a group of Tabyeen.”
-------------
In the version of Musnad Abu Dawood available on the internet, the tradition can be read in Volume 5 page 48 Tradition 1731:
حدثنا يونس قال : حدثنا أبو داود قال : حدثنا شعبة ، عن مسلم القري ، قال : دخلنا على أسماء بنت أبي بكر ، فسألناها عن متعة النساء ، فقالت : « فعلناها على عهد النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم
“We came to Asma Bint Abu Bakr and asked her about Mut’ah with women. She said: ‘We performed this during the lifetime of Rasulullah (s)’”.
Musnad Abu Dawood al-Tayaalsi, Volume 5 page 48 Tradition 1731

----------------
Amongst the Sahaba exist a group that believed in the legitimacy of Mut’ah. Nasai and Tahawi have stated that Asma (رضي الله عنه) Bint Sidiq Akbar (رضي الله عنه) said: “We practised it during the life of Rasulullah(s).”
Tafseer al-Mazhari, Surah an-Nisa, Page 74

--------------------

from “Musnad” of Taylase.

Narrated Yunos narrated Abu Dawood narrated Sho’ba from Muslim al-Qurashi he said : we visited Asma bint Abi Bakr and we asked her about MUTA OF WOMEN so she said : WE did it during the time of rasool Allah

---------------

Tabarani in “Kabir”:

277 – حدثنا عبد الله بن أحمد بن حنبل و محمد بن صالح بن الوليد النرسي قالا : ثنا أبو حفص عمرو بن علي قال : ثنا أبو داود ثنا شعبة عن مسلم القري قال :
: دخلنا على أسماء بنت أبي بكر فسألناها عن المتعة فقالت : فعلناها على عهد رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم

Muslim al-Qurashi said : we visited Asma bint Abi Bakr and we asked her about MUTA so she said : WE did it during the time of rasool Allah (sallalahu alaihi wa ala alihi wa salam).

----------------

Sahih Moslem.
Chapter 27: CONCERNING TAMATTU’ IN HAJJ

Book 007, Number 2854:
Muslim al-Qurri reported: I asked Ibn Abbas (Allah be pleased with them) about Tamattu’ in Hajj and he permitted it, whereas Ibn Zubair had forbidden it. He (Ibn ‘Abbas) said: This is the mother of Ibn Zubair who states that Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) had permitted it, so you better go to her and ask her about it. He (Muslim al-Qurri said): So we went to her and she was a bulky blind lady and she said: Verily Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) permitted it.
Book 007, Number 2855:
This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Shu’ba with the same chain of transmitters, but with a slight variation of words.

---------------

here are many more sunni hadiths allowing mutah from sahih muslim and bukhari... included quran verses

• Sahih Moslem.  Chapter 27: CONCERNING TAMATTU’ IN HAJJ
  • Muslim al-Qurashi said : we visited Asma bint Abi Bakr and we asked her about MUTA so she said : WE did it during the time of sawa .
  • Sahih Muslim, English version, v2, chapter DXLI (titled: Temporary Marriage), Tradition #3246
  • Sahih Muslim, Arabic version, 1980 Edition Pub. in Saudi Arabia, v2, p1022, Tradition #13, "Kitab al-Nikah, Bab Nikah al-Mut’a"
  • Sahih Muslim, English version, v2, chapter DXLI (titled: Temporary Marriage), Tradition #3247
  • Sahih Muslim, Arabic version, 1980 Edition Pub. in Saudi Arabia, v2, p1022, Tradition #14, "Kitab al-Nikah, Bab Nikah al-Mut’a"
  • Sahih al-Bukhari, Arabic-English version, v7, Tradition #13a
  • Sahih al-Bukhari, Arabic, v6, p11, under Tafsir of verse 5:87 of Qur’an
  • Sahih Muslim, Arabic version, 1980 Edition Pub. in Saudi Arabia, v2, p1022, Tradition #11, "Kitab al-Nikah, Bab Nikah al-Mut’a"
  • Sahih Muslim, English version, v2, chapter DXLI (titled: Temporary Marriage), Tradition #3243

quranic verses

• O you who believe! Make not unlawful the good things which Allah has made lawful for you, but commit no transgression.’ (Qur’an 5:87) 
  • There can be no doubt that the Qur’an bears witness that Mut’ah was originally Halaal and it was Umar who forbade it.

-------------

there are also waaaay to many hadith saying it was umar who forbade it.. it looks like he trying to play a prophet

soo you all follow prophet umar and his sunna?

Your words exactly:

brother do you even know that asma bint abu bakr comited mutah.. and thats also after death of prophet muhammed

Wallahi, you have lied. Wallahi, you have lied. None of your narrations state that 'Asma practiced temporary marriage AFTER the death of the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Alah be upon him). Not a single one. This is a lie. You copy and pasted these from websites that are going to ultimately make you look silly.

It makes no sense for 'Asma to have done this because... was she not already married? How could she have done this? No reports state she has done this or practiced this, rather she was speaking in general. So it is clear you have lied, by Allah.

Show me where 'Umar was the one to prohibit it FROM OUR BOOKS and that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) did not forbid it in our books. I will wait. If you cannot, no problem. I will simply not respond until you do.

• Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, Abu Hadi said:

So if Rasoulallah forbid it completely, according to you, then how do you interpret Holy Quran 4:24 which allows it ? 

Wouldn't that mean Rasoulallah is going against Holy Quran ? 

No, it would not mean he is going against the Qur'an. Whatever command comes out of the Messenger of Allah's mouth (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) is like Allah has commanded it. This is no longer allowed. Read more here and here.

• Advanced Member
8 minutes ago, Zainuu said:

3. Ali ibn Ibrahim has narrated from his father from ibn abu ‘Umayr from those whom he has mentioned who has said the following: “Abu ‘Abd Allah, ‘Alayhi al-Salam, has said, ‘It was revealed as “If you marry them [for an appointed time] for al-Mut‘ah (advantageous marriage) you must pay their dowries.” (4:24)’”

So the Qur'an has been changed?

• Moderators

No, it would not mean he is going against the Qur'an. Whatever command comes out of the Messenger of Allah's mouth (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) is like Allah has commanded it. This is no longer allowed. Read more here and here.

I cannot accept that line of reasoning. The reason why is because if everything that is coming out of the mouth of the Messenger of Allah(p.b.u.h) is wahiy (revelation from Allah(s.w.a)) and everything in the Holy Quran is wahiy(revelation from Allah(s.w.a)) then those two things contradicting each other would mean wahiy would be contradicting wahiy meaning Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) would be contradicting Himself(s.w.a). I cannot accept that. Sorry. Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) does not contradict Himself(s.w.a). 

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Nightclaw said:

Here's a teaser.teaser_2.png.5f4d3ee8fa0a78ac7c3df54af3a86083.png

The Arabic is written where I highlighted. The references are given below, the one I've circled. As you can see, there's a rather long list of references for this tradition.

Unfortunately, Allama Amini uses a different numbering system then the one commonly available online today; I'm still trying to figure it out. Also, the copy I have is in Urdu. This is the only reason I'm not throwing the entire 70+ pages of hadith at you at once. Each page has dozens of references. Rest assured that the proof that Umar banned both types of mutah, in Sunni books, is more than plenty enough.

Edited by Sabrejet
double image
  • Advanced Member

So the Qur'an has been changed?

The verse quoted in hadith is not exact but rather the interpretation to explain it to the listeners. 

And all married women except those whom your right hands possess;(this is) Allāh’s ordinance to you; and lawful for you is (all) besides that — that you seek (them) by means of your wealth taking (them) with chastity, not committing fornication.

Then as such of them with whom you have mut‘ah, give them their dowries as appointed;

and there is no blame on you about what you mutually agree after what is appointed; surely Allāh is Knowing, Wise.

• Advanced Member

Interesting fact about Al-Ghadir:

"After the publication of al-Ghadir and considering the discussions in this book, the work of any later researcher in Islamic tradition and history who lacks proper knowledge of these discussions, would not be deemed as trustworthy. For instance, if a researcher writes about hadith science in Islam without having read the fifth volume of al-Ghadir (on the chain of fabricators and liars), or writes about sects and denominations without having read the third volume, or talks about the foundations and principles of Shia creed without proper knowledge of the first, second, and seventh volumes of al-Ghadir, without a doubt, that piece of work will be considered imperfect."  Hakimi, Hamasa-yi Ghadir, pp 185-186

Mr @Nightclaw 's understanding of Shia Islam, and our common accusations and rebuttals, is not nearly as complete as he likes to think. Not unless he goes through this book; the Arabic version of this book is widely available. He still hasn't indicated if he has ever even opened this book.

• Advanced Member
21 minutes ago, Nightclaw said:

Your words exactly:

Wallahi, you have lied. Wallahi, you have lied. None of your narrations state that 'Asma practiced temporary marriage AFTER the death of the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Alah be upon him). Not a single one. This is a lie. You copy and pasted these from websites that are going to ultimately make you look silly.

It makes no sense for 'Asma to have done this because... was she not already married? How could she have done this? No reports state she has done this or practiced this, rather she was speaking in general. So it is clear you have lied, by Allah.

Show me where 'Umar was the one to prohibit it FROM OUR BOOKS and that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) did not forbid it in our books. I will wait. If you cannot, no problem. I will simply not respond until you do.

its not true, i saved all those hadiths..just in case another sunni comes and says muttah is forbidden.

you i think i mistaken about asma bint abu bakr..

but STILL OTHER hadiths from sahih bukharii tells more than enough that its permisable to do also after the death of prophet muhammed sawa.. but i think you didnt read those scources.....

• Advanced Member
13 minutes ago, Abu Hadi said:

I cannot accept that line of reasoning. The reason why is because if everything that is coming out of the mouth of the Messenger of Allah(p.b.u.h) is wahiy (revelation from Allah(s.w.a)) and everything in the Holy Quran is wahiy(revelation from Allah(s.w.a)) then those two things contradicting each other would mean wahiy would be contradicting wahiy meaning Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) would be contradicting Himself(s.w.a). I cannot accept that. Sorry. Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) does not contradict Himself(s.w.a).

If you understood what is meant by this, you would have no problem accepting it. There is no contradiction here. You have not read upon why it is prohibited, rather reject it without doing proper research. Few men are more despicable than he who is dishonest. Read the explanations given before making your assertion from the links.

• Advanced Member
12 minutes ago, Sabrejet said:

Interesting fact about Al-Ghadir:

"After the publication of al-Ghadir and considering the discussions in this book, the work of any later researcher in Islamic tradition and history who lacks proper knowledge of these discussions, would not be deemed as trustworthy. For instance, if a researcher writes about hadith science in Islam without having read the fifth volume of al-Ghadir (on the chain of fabricators and liars), or writes about sects and denominations without having read the third volume, or talks about the foundations and principles of Shia creed without proper knowledge of the first, second, and seventh volumes of al-Ghadir, without a doubt, that piece of work will be considered imperfect."  Hakimi, Hamasa-yi Ghadir, pp 185-186

Mr @Nightclaw 's understanding of Shia Islam, and our common accusations and rebuttals, is not nearly as complete as he likes to think. Not unless he goes through this book; the Arabic version of this book is widely available. He still hasn't indicated if he has ever even opened this book.

I will respond to every single question posed forth to me whenever evidence is brought forth regarding the claims that have been made. Until then, I am not going to respond to those who fail to provide their stance when they ask me questions - including you.

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Nightclaw said:

If you understood what is meant by this, you would have no problem accepting it. There is no contradiction here. You have not read upon why it is prohibited, rather reject it without doing proper research. Few men are more despicable than he who is dishonest. Read the explanations given before making your assertion from the links.

Meant by what ? You said the Messenger of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) forbade Mutah even though Quran allows it. I said how this is not possible given the premises that we both agree on, i.e. that What Rasoulallah(p.b.u.h) says is Wahiy and Holy Quran is Wahiy ? Now you said I don't understand what is meany by it ? No. I understand English. I just don't agree with your statement. Those are two different things. 

Edited by Abu Hadi
  • Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, Abu Hadi said:

Meant by what ? You said the Messenger of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) forbid Mutah. I said how this is not possible given the premises that we both agree on, i.e. that What Rasoulallah(p.b.u.h) says is Wahiy and Holy Quran is Wahiy ? Now you said I don't understand what is meany by it ? No. I understand English. I just dont agree with it. Those are two different things. 

Read the links I gave you if you want to understand. There is no contradiction, regardless if you agree or not. The truth does not care about your opinion.

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Nightclaw said:

Read the links I gave you if you want to understand. There is no contradiction, regardless if you agree or not. The truth does not care about your opinion.

I read them. It start out with 

Mut’ah marriage and refutation of those Raafidis who permit it

That won't score you any points here. The underline is added. It wasn't part of the original 'article' in the interests of full disclosure and accuracy. 

It was narrated from ‘Ali (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade mut’ah marriage and the meat of domestic donkeys at the time of Khaybar. According to another report, he forbade mut’ah marriage at the time of Khaybar and he forbade the meat of tame donkeys.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3979; Muslim, 1407. 

This is just repeating what you already said. We don't accept that al Buhkari is Sahih. Also, we have many, many authentic hadith from Imam Ali((عليه السلام)) as well as his projeny, Imam of Ahl Al Bayt((عليه السلام)) that contradict Bukhari. If I believed Bukhari over Imams of Ahl Al Bayt((عليه السلام)) I'd be Sunni. Im not, again, this line of reasoning won't work with me

A few other comments

They say: this verse indicates that mut’ah is permissible, and the word ‘their mahr (ujoorahunna – lit. their dues or their wages)’ is evidence that what is meant by the phrase ‘you have enjoyed sexual relations’ is mut’ah. 

Wrong. We say the word 'istimta3tum' provides this evidence, not the word 'ujoorahunna'. Istimta3tum is that specific word that refers to the marriage of Mutah, which was practiced during the time or Rasoulallah(p.b.u.h). Ujoorahuna (dowry) refers to both types of marriages that were allowed. 

They only 'evidence' that the author provides is from Bukhari, again, whom we don't accept as Sahih. So without accepting this hadith of Bukhari, the argument falls apart. I was going to check out the second link, but it seems to be as poor quality, of arguments, as the first. I could go thru that one too, but to tell you the truth I'm not interested. I used to, in the past, go to these sites and post comments, but my comments magically disappear, so I think it's just a waste of time at this point. 

Edited by Abu Hadi
  • Advanced Member
11 hours ago, Nightclaw said:

This is a lie that has been refuted. You say I run, but this is what you are doing exactly that. Provide contrary evidence. You speak as if I have something to run from, when in this scenario this is you. You have lied - or rather, made a statement from tremendous ignorance - upon our books and now you know you have no response. 

If you do not care about the narrations the put things into context, wallahi, by the Lord of the Ka'aba, that shows you are insincere and only care about being right; arrogance. Stop speaking about things you do not know about, and when you are cornered, you hurl out insults because you are not intellectually capable of defending your point without behaving in such a way. Admit it - you were wrong. It is okay to be wrong, but never okay to be arrogant. I will leave you alone because I know you have no contradictory evidence after all of your searches, but not without this verse:

اِنَّهٗ لَا يُحِبُّ الۡمُسۡتَكۡبِرِيۡنَ‏

The Hadith clearly says that Umar Banned it. If the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) really banned it Umar would have reminded the people of that. But he didn't. Why? Because the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) never said this and your scholars are fabricators. Insults? No, I stated the Truth. And Arrogance? Let everyone see what happened concerning Ammar Ibn Yasir Insulting Uthman. Everyone will see who the arrogance is coming from. I proved you wrong and you still haven't admitted it till this day.

I don't care about your Hadiths because they are not my books. You wouldn't except me bring my books for this topic because you don't care about them, which is okay.