Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Does Islam believe in selling your soul to Satan or Satanic blood oaths?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I read and heard from some occultist and some Christians that if you take blood oaths to satan or occultist you go to hell eternally or become damned. Or if you take occult blood oaths. I heard some celeberties do it and some entertainers or occultist. Does Islam recognize this? Could taking the shahadah change this?

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, Lion of Shia said:

I read and heard from some occultist and some Christians that if you take blood oaths to satan or occultist you go to hell eternally or become damned. Or if you take occult blood oaths. I heard some celeberties do it and some entertainers or occultist. Does Islam recognize this? Could taking the shahadah change this?

It is completely haraam. Islam doesn't recognize it. Their is a story of Hazrat Sulayman (عليه السلام) in Quran about his fight against the Satanic powers of his time. 

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, Lion of Shia said:

Could taking the shahadah change this?

Salam taking Shahada will clear all sins then you will start a new life so Shahada like repentance will undo this sin even Allah gave worst people like Pharaoh multiple  chances for repenting & giving Shahada to his oneness.

• Basic Members

As far as I know, this is unknowable ghayb stuff. I have heard of acquaintances of mine who have made such oaths to "satanic" entities. Theoretically speaking, if they were to convert to Islam after having done so, their debt with God would be settled unquestionably and since hell is a punishment it's my professional opinion (as an occultist, not a mufti) that it would be impermissible for them to go to hell for that reason. However it's very possible that they might retain some kind of debt to the entities with which they struck that kind of debt in the same sense that it's not legally permissible for someone to become a Muslim and then release themselves from their student loans or whatever. I would personally recommend that such a person take additional steps after converting and repenting though what the nature of those steps would be I can't really offer advice, not for free anyway.

It's said explicitly in the Qur'an that Suleiman did subjugate djinn to dive for pearls for him, ie powerful wealth magic. What's different here is that Suleiman did not swear any oaths to said entities. It's also said that the Prophet* proselytised to groups of djinn on his way back to Mecca from Ta'if who then later played roles in the spread of Islam. In both cases it's the Prophets who remained in charge during the operation and did not do anything ungodly. Occultists who use sourcebooks like Agrippa for example, if I remember right, will be instructed to collect oaths from entities and not to themselves swear oaths to the entities. In my professional opinion (again as an occultist, not as a mufti) that's when we start getting into shirk territory; it's the difference between hiring an employee or worshipping that employee. But grimoires like Agrippa's and the Keys of Solomon are of an overtly Christian character and were not condemned by Christians until pretty modern times. 

In my professional opinion (AGAIN, as an occultist) it's pretty obvious that certain famous and powerful people DO perform occult rituals, and some of those are fairly well known, like those of the Skull and Bones Society of which both George W. Bush and John Kerry were members. As to what the nature of those rituals is, it's probably best not to speculate; this doesn't mean the Illuminati control the world or anything.