Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

[Suggestion][Demand]A Shia Only Subsection

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

(salam)

My friends I have to ask for this facility given the current situation on SC. I have things I want to share with other believers/practitioners (only). I am sure others do. However, given the amount of others and the levels of their efforts currently happening on SC, their various missions and their numbers on here, I will not share those issues if they can access them freely. not every thing said is meant for all ears. Don't want them to influence, datamine and weaponize those discussions.

The Veterans forum cannot serve the purpose as it is not designed for it.

Just a request.

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, starlight said:

You mean a subforum only verified and real (particularly old users) shia members can access?

Also a few well known Christian and peaceful souls are welcome.

You know.

Genuine people who can benefit from communication and do not waste time nor have their secret agendas.

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, starlight said:

@The Green Knight  you can start a closed club.

I don't know. I never understood the purpose of clubs nor experienced them despite being in a few i think.

• Veteran Member

I just want a place where there are Shia only. No inquisitors, no atheist missionaries, no gay reverends, no jews in shia clothes to sabotage or waste my time, and so on.

• Veteran Member

For the same reason we have separated brothers forum and sisters' forum and restricted access. I am tired of stepping into toxic spews dressed as "innocent" or genuine content. Tired of the sewage of the world pouring in, knocking on the main door and its stench. I wish to be oblivious of its existence. A person who deserves death penalty according to Shia law prancing about and inviting others to join in their sin.

It makes me sick. Seriously. I feel like vomiting sometimes.

While reading and posting for other Shia rejuvenates me. It is why I come here in the first place. I am not joking. Please do it. It will work beautifully. If it doesn't we can always shut down the subforum.

• Veteran Member

Imagine a safe place where we can praise Hizbullah and IRGC, share the videos of vermin they send to hell for instance, their brave selfless service and sacrifices, talk about our Ayatullahs and discuss their fatawa, of the lives of our Imams and our findings of their ahadith, our religion as it exists now, where it stands in the world and the future. A place for advanced learning. A place to collect genuine, sincere opinions of other believers. A place where the advice can be trusted and used for, say, self correction. A place to come together, closer, as an online greater family of (sincere) Ahl al Bayt (عليه السلام) followers. Share about life, works, our interests, our problems in a bit more detail. About our children. With gays and pedos present it is not possible. With so many obvious and clear foreign agents, sharing details is not possible. Seeking sincere advice is futile. With Kharijites strutting about I for one can not discuss our religion nor feel good to expose things they do not need to know. Due to their presence through and through I could never be sure who is who and therefore made friends here that can be counted on the fingers of one hand, since 2008. I want to know more about the real Shia of SC. I want to benefit of them.

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, The Green Knight said:

Imagine a safe place where we can praise Hizbullah and IRGC, share the videos of vermin they send to hell for instance, their brave selfless service and sacrifices, talk about our Ayatullahs and discuss their fatawa, of the lives of our Imams and our findings of their ahadith, our religion as it exists now, where it stands in the world and the future.

This I really want specially the first point. Whenever I praise Hezbollah or IRGC, i hate how some haters and seemingly envious people just try to counter me with their highly baseless statements that make no sense and convey their lack of knowledge. I am not talking about the ones who question but those who start up a debate straight off without doing their homework and are not willing to accept or are humble. 

Though I am newly active on SC but would like if such a thing is created. It is upto you, a subforum or a closed club. You know it better but can I kindly request for an inclusion. 

You can verify me if you want. :)

• Veteran Member
26 minutes ago, Mahdavist said:

What you brothers are asking for is a forum where everyone agrees with you.

Not at all. That is precisely the mindset carrying people we wish to filter out in that place. People who can not be reasoned with. However you are correct in a sense that the usual floods of satanism, stuff we will always disagree with by default (being Shia and believers), must not be there.

• Veteran Member
55 minutes ago, Mahdavist said:

What you brothers are asking for is a forum where everyone agrees with you. Such a forum will get smaller and smaller until nobody is left in it anymore.

You are free to share content that you consider to be beneficial. If people don't appreciate it then consider it their own loss. 

I think I know why you wrote that brother. No worries at all. From you and @Ali_Hussain I / we can accept any sort of opinions, rather I think it is something I will value over a 1000 other usual posts. You guys can give your different political and related views in any way you feel like. You are very learned people and it will benefit us precisely because you are better believers than I am, I think. It will give me the corrections I seek from people like yourself. No matter how strange it is, it will be worth its weight in gold I am sure. In that place we come together because of Ahl ul Bayt (عليه السلام) only. Not politics etc. Those are mere examples, if anything.

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, Zainuu said:

This I really want specially the first point. Whenever I praise Hezbollah or IRGC, i hate how some haters and seemingly envious people just try to counter me with their highly baseless statements that make no sense and convey their lack of knowledge. I am not talking about the ones who question but those who start up a debate straight off without doing their homework and are not willing to accept or are humble. 

Yes brother but you can still find Shi’a who doesn’t support Hezbollah or IRGC. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, The Green Knight said:

I think I know why you wrote that brother. No worries at all. From you and @Ali_Hussain I / we can accept any sort of opinions, rather I think it is something I will value over a 1000 other usual posts. You guys can give your different political and related views in any way you feel like. You are very learned people and it will benefit us precisely because you are better believers than I am, I think. It will give me the corrections I seek from people like yourself. No matter how strange it is, it will be worth its weight in gold I am sure. In that place we come together because of Ahl ul Bayt (عليه السلام) only. Not politics etc. Those are mere examples, if anything.

Thanks for your kind words brother. I don't consider myself learned or pious. 

Regarding your point above, the problem is that it is too subjective. We cannot simply hand pick some members and decide that these ones will have their own forum and everyone else must stay out. Yes we have brothers and sisters forums, and to moderate the site we do have our own sub forum, but the general purpose of the site is to allow open discussions within the rules and guidelines.

Anyway there will never be a conensus on this. You can make a list of members and I guarantee you that others will object to your classification and come up with their own. 

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Diaz said:

Yes brother but you can still find Shi’a who doesn’t support Hezbollah or IRGC. 

Sadly yes. But I don't have a problem with their stances/questions/criticism if they are humble. But when you start to mention hezbollah and irgc, some people will call you out with names like 'pro-Iran' or 'Iran-supporter' or 'Iranian spokesperson' etc. That I don't like. From a shia, being humble should be the least we should expect. 

• Veteran Member
8 hours ago, Mahdavist said:

Anyway there will never be a conensus on this. You can make a list of members and I guarantee you that others will object to your classification and come up with their own. 

I rather believe the list can be made in minutes. Its quite black and white once we see the last 10 posts of a user with 500-3000 posts for instance. Same process as with brothers and sisters verification. If the wrong person is added and, suppose, starts chanting "turn to the gay side" "u should marry transvestites" "lol ur religion is @#$$" "there is no god" then we can always remove them with a thank you note.

• Advanced Member
On 11/20/2020 at 6:03 PM, The Green Knight said:

a few well known Christian and peaceful souls

Genuine people

do not waste time nor have their secret agendas

On this basis, a very large percentage of the visitors, if not members, on this forum may be “backlisted.”

On 11/20/2020 at 6:08 PM, The Green Knight said:

I just want a place where there are Shia only

No inquisitors, no atheist missionaries, no jews in shia clothes

Triggered?

On 11/20/2020 at 6:17 PM, The Green Knight said:

Tired of the sewage of the world pouring in, knocking on the main door and its stench.

I wish to be oblivious of its existence ... prancing about and inviting others to join in their sin

It makes me sick. Seriously. I feel like vomiting sometimes.

While reading and posting for other Shia rejuvenates me. It is why I come here in the first place.

Maybe you came to the wrong forum? This place is not “officially” off limits to the general public.

16 hours ago, The Green Knight said:

Imagine a safe place

to collect genuine, sincere opinions of other believers

where the advice can be trusted and used for, say, self correction

With so many obvious and clear foreign agents, sharing details is not possible

I for one can not discuss our religion nor feel good to expose things they do not need to know

“Safe place” almost sounds a bit like “safe space” and other terms used by SJWs for “triggered” people. It is a bit awkward when someone who protests this kind of behaviour by anyone else starts to engage in it himself. It also deters people who otherwise might be interested in the topic and/or subject at hand. If that’s the case, then this forum really shouldn’t be marketed as a general forum for people of all backgrounds, but only an encrypted outlet for certain authorised individuals who have passed through “security clearances.” Also, discussing truly sensitive information on the Internet really isn’t a wise strategy in today’s world. Some of the statements about concealing certain information from certain people may or may not imply hostile intent, such as when certain religionists (Jewish) try to justify refusing to aid non-Jews, including pagans such as Hindus, who are in distress. (Obviously, Shia are not Jews.) It can came across as cultish, misanthropic, and/or separatist as well.

13 hours ago, Zainuu said:

This I really want specially the first point.

some haters and seemingly envious people just try to counter me

with their highly baseless statements that make no sense and convey their lack of knowledge

those who start up a debate straight off

without doing their homework ...

are not willing to accept or are humble

“Humble” as in “get with/accept the program ”? Would merely posting sources for debate qualify as baseless and/or arrogant?

6 hours ago, The Green Knight said:

You are very learned people and it will benefit us precisely because you are better believers than I am, I think. It will give me the corrections I seek from people like yourself. No matter how strange it is, it will be worth its weight in gold I am sure. In that place we come together because of Ahl ul Bayt (عليه السلام) only. Not politics etc. Those are mere examples, if anything.

Uh, Islam is very political, as you know.

3 hours ago, Mahdavist said:

the problem is that it is too subjective. We cannot simply hand pick some members and decide that these ones will have their own forum and everyone else must stay out. Yes we have brothers and sisters forums, and to moderate the site we do have our own sub forum, but the general purpose of the site is to allow open discussions within the rules and guidelines.

Anyway there will never be a consensus on this. You can make a list of members and I guarantee you that others will object to your classification and come up with their own. 

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Zainuu said:

I don't have a problem with their stances/questions/criticism if they are humble

being humble should be the least we should expect

Ahh, the old “know-your-place” tactic.

Edited by Northwest
  • Advanced Member
20 minutes ago, Northwest said:

"Humble” as in “get with/accept the program ”? Would merely posting sources for debate qualify as baseless and/or arrogant?

I didn't call you out. What's the problem?

20 minutes ago, Northwest said:

You are judging me. Did I call your name or anyone's name?

Edited by Zainuu
  • Advanced Member
10 minutes ago, Zainuu said:

I didn't call you out.

You are judging me.

The second line did “call me out.” Anyway, it’s difficult to interpret language online, and certain “truths,” being compartmentalised, operate on a “need-to-know” basis, so one can never know whether someone is concealing something from “infidels” such as myself, as @The Green Knight’s posts seemingly illustrated. Anyway, I myself haven’t exactly felt welcome here, but I don’t blame anyone for excluding a lowly agnostic such as myself. It is also very easy to feel “put upon” and constantly “corrected” at times.

Edited by Northwest
  • Veteran Member
7 minutes ago, Northwest said:

The second line did “call me out.” Anyway, it’s difficult to interpret language online, and certain “truths,” being compartmentalised, operate on a “need-to-know” basis, so one can never know whether someone is concealing something from “infidels” such as myself, as @The Green Knight’s posts seemingly illustrated. Anyway, I myself haven’t exactly felt welcome here, but I don’t blame anyone for excluding a lowly agnostic such as myself. It is also very easy to feel “put upon” and constantly “corrected” at times.

Personally I have thought you are a genuine person and fine. You don't make any attacks as far as I remember. To me, it does not matter what you believe in right now because you are a seeker of knowledge, care about others when asking or answering questions. Just being honest. I would welcome you to the new place.

• Veteran Member
21 hours ago, The Green Knight said:

Imagine a safe place where we can praise Hizbullah and IRGC, share the videos of vermin they send to hell for instance, their brave selfless service and sacrifices, talk about our Ayatullahs and discuss their fatawa, of the lives of our Imams and our findings of their ahadith, our religion as it exists now, where it stands in the world and the future. A place for advanced learning. A place to collect genuine, sincere opinions of other believers. A place where the advice can be trusted and used for, say, self correction. A place to come together, closer, as an online greater family of (sincere) Ahl al Bayt (عليه السلام) followers. Share about life, works, our interests, our problems in a bit more detail. About our children. With gays and pedos present it is not possible. With so many obvious and clear foreign agents, sharing details is not possible. Seeking sincere advice is futile. With Kharijites strutting about I for one can not discuss our religion nor feel good to expose things they do not need to know. Due to their presence through and through I could never be sure who is who and therefore made friends here that can be counted on the fingers of one hand, since 2008. I want to know more about the real Shia of SC. I want to benefit of them.

Come to the Dahiya.  :)

• Advanced Member
5 hours ago, Zainuu said:

Sadly yes. But I don't have a problem with their stances/questions/criticism if they are humble. But when you start to mention hezbollah and irgc, some people will call you out with names like 'pro-Iran' or 'Iran-supporter' or 'Iranian spokesperson' etc. That I don't like. From a shia, being humble should be the least we should expect. 

Happens on both the sides. As soon as you start to question/criticize Iran, it's leaders, Hezbullah, WF, you become anti-Iran, MI6 agent, getting money from Israel, etc. 

Edited by Sirius_Bright
  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Northwest said:

No brother no. I am extremely sorry if you felt like that. I never found any such comment from you that would offend me. Please please don't take it to yourself. Allah is for everyone. Their are differences of belief between us but it is not what I addressed in my comment. I strictly talked about a general behavior.

I am sorry if you felt like that. And you are completely welcome on the forum, it's not mine and I don't hold any right to exclude anyone. 

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Northwest said:

No need to antagonize them, brother. May I ask why you are agnostic and we can discuss it on the thread for atheists/other religions? You can create a thread in response via tagging me.

• Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, Sirius_Bright said:

Happens on both the sides. As soon as you start to question/criticize Iran, it's leaders, Hezbullah, WF, you become anti-Iran, MI6 agent, getting money from Israel, etc. 

Yeah, I agree with you on this. But personally, I don't have any habit to call names or judge someone. It is not good irrespective of who does it.

Imam Ali (p) advised his son Muhammad ibn al-Hanafiya “Treat all people kindly as long as you want them to treat you kindly."

It was narrated that Imam al-Ridha (p) said, “Do good to all the people whether they be worthy of it or not. Even if they do not deserve it you should be worthy of doing good.”

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Abbas. said:

Agree with this alternative. 

Is there a functioning club on here? I don't know of one. What is wrong with creating a place consisting of good souls compatible with each other, except that it would be just the perfect thing a social platform could provide, or one of the features of paradise.

56:25

لَا يَسْمَعُونَ فِيهَا لَغْوًا وَلَا تَأْثِيمًا

"No empty talk will they hear there, nor any call to sin".

Dear Abbas, since you are not posting much these days, dear brother, let me tell you that you have very little idea how sickening it has become. I don't know how you allow it or what benefit there is in allowing it, if at all. In the past an admin named Inshallah taught me that we allow non-Shia to get away with things in order so they expose themselves and their ignorance for our benefit. But I don't know what is the benefit in allowing users like gayboy and his associates preach homosexuality twice a month on Shiachat? While Mutah is basically legal and fine but understandably people got overwhelmed by the flood of topics on the subject.

We have segregated users on basis of male and female and given them their private subforums so I don't see any harm in this either. Same method of verification. Read last 10 threads made. If a good, sensible person then add. If a fitna monger, troll, headache, gay, from the army of "anoymous guests" etc., let them be. So simple. I implore you to do it. There are unimaginable amount of things that can be discussed if such peace and absence of dirt flinging exists in the environment. It will be free. It might even bring the probably disgusted old users back. Plus, this website is supposed to be Shia.

What is wrong with the idea? If someone does not qualify they can improve themselves and apply later, if they do that.

• 1 month later...
  • Forum Administrators

The total active user base is too small to fragment it into exclusive areas, even just a little. Clubs became inactive because there were too few people reliably posting on them, and were not accessible by non-members. Also fewer people available to respond to your posts.

That’s why our focus is one singular public space for everyone, where there’s the highest chance of engagement.

If you want to interact with more like minded people comfortably, I recommend a large friendly PM group chat instead, although I’m sure we would benefit from your wisdom publicly. 

Or, like was said, make a club with yourself as leader, so you control who you invite.