Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Please make dua: my mum and I have coronavirus

Rate this topic

Guest theresee

Guest theresee

Salam

My mum and I unfortunately caught corona  more than a week ago. We're slightly getting better but the only problem is that I and especially my mum is short on breath. She coughs a lot and this makes breathing for her even harder. It's been 3 days now like this and there is no improvement, luckily, it hasn't worsened either. I checked her oxygen with a pulsimeter and luckily it is 96% which is good alhamdullilah. 

Can some of you tell their experience and how long it lasted? Were you or your family/someone you knew also short on breath and how long did it last? Did you guys need to go to the hospital? Im really scared my mum has to go to the hospital .. but her oxygen is still fine alhamdullilah just she feels like she can't breath properly and coughs a lot. Does anyone know anything we can do? Our general practicioner doesn't have any medication ..

Also lastly I would like for you guys to please make a dua that my mum and I will be better in sha Allah.. because our energy is really really low 

• Advanced Member

i will pray for you too, don't worry everything will be alright.. i have seen too many people recovering from corona already.

try vitamin c1000mg and vitamin D, drink warm tea,soup or other hot suppliments,  always stay hydrated, you can also try to use echinaforce (its plant/herb based , really effective for your'e immunity), PRAY TO ALLAH AND DONT BE SCARED

55 minutes ago, Guest theresee said:

Can some of you tell their experience and how long it lasted?

depends really per person, stay in quarentine as long you feel unwell.. but quarentine usually minimum 2 weeks , it depends on how fast your'e inner body create immunity cells to kill the virus..again every person is different and there is nothing wrong with it.

Im really scared my mum has to go to the hospital .. but her oxygen is still fine alhamdullilah just she feels like she can't breath properly and coughs a lot. Does anyone know anything we can do? Our general practicioner doesn't have any medication ..

dont be scared, only when it gets worser you should call and contact the doctor, try to give her c1000mg,vit D and echinaforce.. maybe if she feels stuffy you can open a window to let fresh air come in.

staying positive is important, ensure good rest, sleep well too give youre body a chance to recover.. if you both are stressed, and don't rest enough, then youre body can weaken and you get as result the opposite (not healed)

Our general practicioner doesn't have any medication ..

the best is to stay away from medication ESPECIALLY ANTI-BIOTIC coz it has been said by the scientist that it can worsen youre medical complaints. this does not apply for your'e medicine which you should take chronically 

a pulsimeter and luckily it is 96%

also i forgot to ask? is her oxygen always like that? coz under 95 you should contact the doctor

Edited by F.M
Guest theresee
11 hours ago, F.M said:

i will pray for you too, don't worry everything will be alright.. i have seen too many people recovering from corona already.

try vitamin c1000mg and vitamin D, drink warm tea,soup or other hot suppliments,  always stay hydrated, you can also try to use echinaforce (its plant/herb based , really effective for your'e immunity), PRAY TO ALLAH AND DONT BE SCARED

depends really per person, stay in quarentine as long you feel unwell.. but quarentine usually minimum 2 weeks , it depends on how fast your'e inner body create immunity cells to kill the virus..again every person is different and there is nothing wrong with it.

dont be scared, only when it gets worser you should call and contact the doctor, try to give her c1000mg,vit D and echinaforce.. maybe if she feels stuffy you can open a window to let fresh air come in.

staying positive is important, ensure good rest, sleep well too give youre body a chance to recover.. if you both are stressed, and don't rest enough, then youre body can weaken and you get as result the opposite (not healed)

the best is to stay away from medication ESPECIALLY ANTI-BIOTIC coz it has been said by the scientist that it can worsen youre medical complaints. this does not apply for your'e medicine which you should take chronically 

also i forgot to ask? is her oxygen always like that? coz under 95 you should contact the doctor

Thank you for your reply! No hers is usually 98/99 but now its fluctuating between 96/97. But I saw if its above 93 then its fine but im not sure. 

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, Guest theresee said:

Salam

My mum and I unfortunately caught corona  more than a week ago. We're slightly getting better but the only problem is that I and especially my mum is short on breath. She coughs a lot and this makes breathing for her even harder. It's been 3 days now like this and there is no improvement, luckily, it hasn't worsened either. I checked her oxygen with a pulsimeter and luckily it is 96% which is good alhamdullilah. 

Can some of you tell their experience and how long it lasted? Were you or your family/someone you knew also short on breath and how long did it last? Did you guys need to go to the hospital? Im really scared my mum has to go to the hospital .. but her oxygen is still fine alhamdullilah just she feels like she can't breath properly and coughs a lot. Does anyone know anything we can do? Our general practicioner doesn't have any medication ..

Also lastly I would like for you guys to please make a dua that my mum and I will be better in sha Allah.. because our energy is really really low 

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) cure you and your Mother with his cure, May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) bless you all, Be safe

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, Guest theresee said:

Salam

Wa 'alaykum assalaam, my dear Muslim brethren. I will keep you in my du'a, however I have some tips for you:

1) Take black seed, honey, milk and olive oil [together, with the exclusion of olive oil].
2) Do the following [in order]:

• After each obligatory prayer, glorify Allah (Subhanallah), praise Allah (Allahu akbar), and thank Allah (Alhumdulillah) 10 times.
  • Then send blessings upon the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him).
  • Then ask Allah for whatever you need. Below are the supplications you can recite [for health]. However, ensure you call upon Allah with certainty He will answer instead of being lackluster and doubting.
  • اللَّهُمَّ رَحْمَتَكَ أَرْجُو فَلَا تَكِلْنِي إِلَى نَفْسِي طَرْفَةَ عَيْنٍ وَأَصْلِحْ لِي شَأْنِي كُلَّهُ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ (O Allah, I hope in Your mercy. Do not abandon me to myself, not even for a moment, and take care of all my affairs. There is no God but You.)
  • اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ الْعَفْوَ وَالْعَافِيَةَ فِي الدُّنْيَا وَالآخِرَةِ (O Allah, I ask you for forgiveness and health in the world and in the Hereafter.)

I advise you to take 3 tablespoons of honey with black seed every morning, afternoon and evening. I also had the coronavirus along with my sister, but all praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all the worlds, who healed us. Another thing you can do is place 'ajwa dates [or any dates] in a cup/bowl of cold water overnight and drink from it in the morning [ensure to cover it], though I do not think it is recommended since you have the coronavirus. Hot/warm milk with honey helps tremendously along with doing prostration and is recommended.

You asked how long our coronavirus lasted? It was for a few days. Give or take 4 or 5. All we did was constantly eat dates, honey [by itself/with warm/hot milk], talbina [with black seed], black seed, workout (only slightly, because excessive workouts made us feel worse), and drink water (room temperature). I had trouble sleeping and was slightly short of breath. I was always tired but could never sleep until my body finally gave in. I had a horrible migraine and an odd feeling in my chest. We only went to the hospital to get checked, not to take anything because the doctors said there was no cure (which is not true). Your energy will be low for a while, but once you start taking what I have recommended, everything will be fine. The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) stated that there is a cure for every disease in black seed except for death. Do not worry. Allah is with you as long as you remember Him.

I pray you and your mother get well soon, by the will of Allah. Assalamu 'alaykum.

Edited by Nightclaw
  • Advanced Member
11 hours ago, Guest theresee said:

Thank you for your reply! No hers is usually 98/99 but now its fluctuating between 96/97. But I saw if its above 93 then its fine but im not sure. 

do you use an oxymeter, its that little think what. you put on youre finger?  then its only healthy if its above 95% if its getting 95 or even below it, then you should contact the doctor..  

so 96/97 is normal and healthy

11 hours ago, Guest theresee said:

But I saw if its above 93 then its fine but im not sure. 

no,it should be above 95%,     

only if she has some diseases in her longs like asthma,COPD then its logically its on the lower side, but even than you should contact the doctor, 

Edited by F.M
  • Advanced Member
14 hours ago, Guest theresee said:

Salam

I will pray for you too brother. May Allah protect you. Just stay hopeful and don't panic. Follow the doctors advices. One of my relatives was caught with coronavirus. Now, she's fine. She went to the hospital for a week and tgen it was alright. Many others also caught but alhumdulillah all are good. Just follow the advices of the doctor and don't panic. 

As for prayers, I will pray for you.

Reciting Ziyarat e Ashura and Dua number 7 of Al Sahifa al Sajjadia is strongly recommended. 

I will surely recite for you but if you can then surely do recite Dua 7.

Here it is:

http://www.duas.org/mobile/sahifasajjadia-dua7-worrisome-task.html

• Advanced Member

Salam 

Depends on a multiple of factors such as your mothers age, pre-existing/underlying health conditions. If your mother is over the age of 60, and has diabetes, heart disease, lung disease, etc, she is of higher risk of becoming hospitalized. If you are young, and decently healthy, you really don't have much to be worried about since your body will slowly eliminate the virus. If you are under 30 years old, you have roughly 0.001% to 0.005% of dying.

Anyways, within 5 to 8 days is when most people either become very ill, or must go to the hospital. Usually shortness of breath isn't a big deal, and is quite common with COVID-19 patients. It's only a real issue if you are gasping for air, or for example it feels like you are breathing threw a straw, or it feels like you have tremendous weight on your chest. This is when you must seek immediate medical intervention. Slight chest aches, or pains should not be an issue, and is also common. If it's extremely painful, and unbearable than you should seek immediate medical help ASAP ( this does not mean you are dying BTW). It's normal to feel fatigued, your body is fighting off a virus. You, or your mother will feel fatigued for another week or so. This is normal, and nothing to be worried about. It's only bad if you absolutely cannot get out of bed, or are so weak that you faint/collapse. 

If it's been a week, you guys should be out of the danger zone, but covid19 has a history of becoming worse even by day 8, 9 , ect. Do you still have a fever? Chills? Body aches? What are your symptoms at the moment? If it's been a week, and nothing to crazy has happened you are most likely a mild case. 

All you can really do is wait it out, sleep well, eat well, don't stress, and inshallah you'll be fine. Most people recover, it's quite a nasty disease for the older population, and those with pre-existing/underlying health conditions. BUT, you do have a few young healthy people who do pass away unfortunately. 

Anyways, I have made a small dua for you, and your mother. May allah protect you two, and inshallah a fast recover. May allah protect all of us as well, and take care of those who are fighting this illness, diseases, cancers, and so forth. 

WS. 

Edited by YoungSkiekh313
Guest theresee
3 hours ago, YoungSkiekh313 said:

Salam 

Depends on a multiple of factors such as your mothers age, pre-existing/underlying health conditions. If your mother is over the age of 60, and has diabetes, heart disease, lung disease, etc, she is of higher risk of becoming hospitalized. If you are young, and decently healthy, you really don't have much to be worried about since your body will slowly eliminate the virus. If you are under 30 years old, you have roughly 0.001% to 0.005% of dying.

Anyways, within 5 to 8 days is when most people either become very ill, or must go to the hospital. Usually shortness of breath isn't a big deal, and is quite common with COVID-19 patients. It's only a real issue if you are gasping for air, or for example it feels like you are breathing threw a straw, or it feels like you have tremendous weight on your chest. This is when you must seek immediate medical intervention. Slight chest aches, or pains should not be an issue, and is also common. If it's extremely painful, and unbearable than you should seek immediate medical help ASAP ( this does not mean you are dying BTW). It's normal to feel fatigued, your body is fighting off a virus. You, or your mother will feel fatigued for another week or so. This is normal, and nothing to be worried about. It's only bad if you absolutely cannot get out of bed, or are so weak that you faint/collapse. 

If it's been a week, you guys should be out of the danger zone, but covid19 has a history of becoming worse even by day 8, 9 , ect. Do you still have a fever? Chills? Body aches? What are your symptoms at the moment? If it's been a week, and nothing to crazy has happened you are most likely a mild case. 

All you can really do is wait it out, sleep well, eat well, don't stress, and inshallah you'll be fine. Most people recover, it's quite a nasty disease for the older population, and those with pre-existing/underlying health conditions. BUT, you do have a few young healthy people who do pass away unfortunately. 

Anyways, I have made a small dua for you, and your mother. May allah protect you two, and inshallah a fast recover. May allah protect all of us as well, and take care of those who are fighting this illness, diseases, cancers, and so forth. 

WS. 

My mum is 42 and Im 20. She has no health conditions other than the fact that she’s overweight. I have asthma and im slightly underweight. My mum is on day 12 now and I am on day 11. We don’t have fevers anymore but we are really really tired and for my mum breathing is still difficult. We actually called the hospital and the doctor but they said she needs to rest and that this is common for corona. Only if she can’t walk the stairs or a few steps and being really out of breath we should call back. When she’s walking the stairs she is actially out of breath for a few seconds so idk if this is bad...

her oxygen levels rised today towards 98 tho 

Guest theresee
15 hours ago, Nightclaw said:

Wa 'alaykum assalaam, my dear Muslim brethren. I will keep you in my du'a, however I have some tips for you:

1) Take black seed, honey, milk and olive oil [together, with the exclusion of olive oil].
2) Do the following [in order]:

• After each obligatory prayer, glorify Allah (Subhanallah), praise Allah (Allahu akbar), and thank Allah (Alhumdulillah) 10 times.
  • Then send blessings upon the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him).
  • Then ask Allah for whatever you need. Below are the supplications you can recite [for health]. However, ensure you call upon Allah with certainty He will answer instead of being lackluster and doubting.
  • اللَّهُمَّ رَحْمَتَكَ أَرْجُو فَلَا تَكِلْنِي إِلَى نَفْسِي طَرْفَةَ عَيْنٍ وَأَصْلِحْ لِي شَأْنِي كُلَّهُ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ (O Allah, I hope in Your mercy. Do not abandon me to myself, not even for a moment, and take care of all my affairs. There is no God but You.)
  • اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ الْعَفْوَ وَالْعَافِيَةَ فِي الدُّنْيَا وَالآخِرَةِ (O Allah, I ask you for forgiveness and health in the world and in the Hereafter.)

I advise you to take 3 tablespoons of honey with black seed every morning, afternoon and evening. I also had the coronavirus along with my sister, but all praise is due to Allah, the Lord of all the worlds, who healed us. Another thing you can do is place 'ajwa dates [or any dates] in a cup/bowl of cold water overnight and drink from it in the morning [ensure to cover it], though I do not think it is recommended since you have the coronavirus. Hot/warm milk with honey helps tremendously along with doing prostration and is recommended.

You asked how long our coronavirus lasted? It was for a few days. Give or take 4 or 5. All we did was constantly eat dates, honey [by itself/with warm/hot milk], talbina [with black seed], black seed, workout (only slightly, because excessive workouts made us feel worse), and drink water (room temperature). I had trouble sleeping and was slightly short of breath. I was always tired but could never sleep until my body finally gave in. I had a horrible migraine and an odd feeling in my chest. We only went to the hospital to get checked, not to take anything because the doctors said there was no cure (which is not true). Your energy will be low for a while, but once you start taking what I have recommended, everything will be fine. The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) stated that there is a cure for every disease in black seed except for death. Do not worry. Allah is with you as long as you remember Him.

I pray you and your mother get well soon, by the will of Allah. Assalamu 'alaykum.

Thank you for your reply. It's been going on for 11-12 days now, so I think we might be over the worst of it in sha Allah. Sadly, workout is not something for us right now. Walking already tires us, but maybe in 1 or 2 days when we can breath better we might do! Thanks for you advices.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Guest theresee said:

Thank you for your reply. It's been going on for 11-12 days now, so I think we might be over the worst of it in sha Allah. Sadly, workout is not something for us right now. Walking already tires us, but maybe in 1 or 2 days when we can breath better we might do! Thanks for you advices.

You have to do some form of exercise, even if it is a little. Take room temperature showers after these showers and warm showers before bed, as the heat loosens up the muscles. The less you exercise, the more weakened your body becomes. Just do something little in small reps. An example of this would be 20-30 squats in reps of 5 [in the morning, afternoon and, evening respectively].

If you cannot do that much, then try to ease yourself into it by doing something smaller according to what you see fit. As for you not breathing good, drink hot drinks and room temperature water. Try the soaking dates in water technique with room temperature water. 

I am not deserving of thanks, but Allah Who has provided these things for you and deserves the upmost glorifying of Him.

Guest theresee

salam guys i just wanted to give a little update

alhamdullilah my mum and I are doing a lot better now! We're still out of breath if we do too much and my asthma has been really acting up but it''s a loooot better. Thankyou for your duas

• Advanced Member
10 hours ago, Guest theresee said:

salam guys i just wanted to give a little update

alhamdullilah my mum and I are doing a lot better now! We're still out of breath if we do too much and my asthma has been really acting up but it''s a loooot better. Thankyou for your duas

Alhumdulillah.

• Veteran Member

l noticed yesterday during wudu that the purple bump on my "covid toes" has disappeared.

From what l read three months ago, my predominant immune response was 'covid toes'. 0ne percent of those infected.  Numb, (mine) slightly pink and this raised, dark purple bump that was the size and shape of a date seed. l also had the hives on arm, wrist and neck -which at first l thought were spider bites.

lf you still have trouble breathing enough air/oxygen l have a marginal solution to share if you want to read it.

• Advanced Member
On 11/19/2020 at 2:20 PM, Guest theresee said:

Salam

Inshallah you and your mother come out of your situation alive :cry:

• Veteran Member

Masks

A study on the effectiveness of masks was conducted by Kawaoka Yoshihiro of the University if Tokyo's Institute of Medical Science.

Using mannequins, he found a wearer of a cloth mask reduced their intake of actual C-19 virus by 17%, while a normal surgical mask (blue) reduced intake by 47%. The big reduction comes from the infected person wearing a mask. When a mask is worn by the infected person, the unmasked mannequin's intake of live, C-19 virus was 70%. 

See, at 31 minutes, NHK's Newsroom Tokyo for Thursday, 26 November 2020. 

• Advanced Member

Today is Thursday night. I and I believe most of the believers over here will pray for you brother. 

We will recite Duas. I will list down some for everyone. Though I think all might be knowing but still:

1. Dua number 7 from Al Sahifa al Sajjadiya

2. Ziyarat e Ashura

3. Hadith e Kisa

4. Dhikr from the Quran as many times as possible that says:

“amma yujeeb-ul muz-tarra iza da’ao wa yakshey fuuss soo’

أَمَّن يُجِيبُ الْمُضْطَرَّ إِذَا دَعَاهُ وَيَكْشِفُ السُّوءَ

“Is not He, Who responds to the distressed one, when he calls Him, and Who removes the evil”

5. Dua e Noor Sagheer - (it would take barely 5 minutes) 

May Allah protect you and your mother. Allah is the healer, Allah is the helper.

Edited by Zainuu
On 11/20/2020 at 12:20 AM, Guest theresee said:

Salam

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) grant you and your mother health. Ameen. Take a good care of yourself and your mother.

Guest theresee
On 11/25/2020 at 3:02 AM, Quran313 said:

May Allah grant you both health and success inshaallah

On 11/25/2020 at 3:53 AM, ServantOfTheHousehold said:

Inshallah you and your mother come out of your situation alive :cry:

On 11/25/2020 at 6:04 AM, hasanhh said:

lt is now four more days of healing, inshallah. How are you two today?

And Happy Thanksgiving.

Happy thanksgiving to you too!

3 hours ago, Aflower said:

My prayers. 

3 hours ago, Zainuu said:

Today is Thursday night. I and I believe most of the believers over here will pray for you brother. 

We will recite Duas. I will list down some for everyone. Though I think all might be knowing but still:

1. Dua number 7 from Al Sahifa al Sajjadiya

2. Ziyarat e Ashura

3. Hadith e Kisa

4. Dhikr from the Quran as many times as possible that says:

“amma yujeeb-ul muz-tarra iza da’ao wa yakshey fuuss soo’

أَمَّن يُجِيبُ الْمُضْطَرَّ إِذَا دَعَاهُ وَيَكْشِفُ السُّوءَ

“Is not He, Who responds to the distressed one, when he calls Him, and Who removes the evil”

5. Dua e Noor Sagheer - (it would take barely 5 minutes) 

May Allah protect you and your mother. Allah is the healer, Allah is the helper.

3 hours ago, Strange Samurai said:

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) grant you and your mother health. Ameen. Take a good care of yourself and your mother.

Salam aleikum.

Thank you for your duas, I really appreciate it and it really helped. By the way I wanted to point out some confusion, i'm not a boy but a girl haha.

My mum is well alhamdullilah and i'm also starting to feel like my old self. My asthma attacks come and go but I have an appointment with my pulmonologist next week. I never thought I would get this sick from corona because im relatively young and so is my mum, but alhamdullilah we didn't need to go to the hospital although we called two times but they said our situation was still not that bad to be hospitalized. Alhamdullilah we got better.

On 11/26/2020 at 11:17 AM, Guest theresee said:

My mum is well alhamdullilah and i'm also starting to feel like my old self. My asthma attacks come and go but I have an appointment with my pulmonologist next week. I never thought I would get this sick from corona because im relatively young and so is my mum, but alhamdullilah we didn't need to go to the hospital although we called two times but they said our situation was still not that bad to be hospitalized. Alhamdullilah we got better.

Masha-Allah, and about Asthma, you are perhaps young sister and Insha-Allah when you grow up it will vanish as it was not there. Just see some videos on Rehablitation programs. Insha-Allah you will get well soon and congrats on getting well from Corona sister. May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) bless you. 

Guest Sibtain

My sister in-law caught this virus on her work place. Its already been 14 days and she didn't show any symptoms. We were really worried about her because she had other health issues diabetes etc. But Alhahmdolillah she recoverd successfully. She is going for another COVID test. And we are hoping for best. 

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, Guest Sibtain said:

My sister in-law caught this virus on her work place. Its already been 14 days and she didn't show any symptoms. We were really worried about her because she had other health issues diabetes etc. But Alhahmdolillah she recoverd successfully. She is going for another COVID test. And we are hoping for best. 

Alhumdulillah, very good news. 

• Advanced Member
On 11/26/2020 at 12:17 PM, Guest theresee said:

Happy thanksgiving to you too!

Salam aleikum.

Thank you for your duas, I really appreciate it and it really helped. By the way I wanted to point out some confusion, i'm not a boy but a girl haha.

Allhamdulillah, plz pray for one of my friends, they said he has both pneumonia and coronavirus.

Guest theresee
On 11/30/2020 at 2:22 PM, Ansar Shiat Ali said:

Allhamdulillah, plz pray for one of my friends, they said he has both pneumonia and coronavirus.

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) grant him shifa