Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Life after death

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Salam alaikum all shia and muslims, I just want to say that it is interesting to me what will happen after my death to me, what there will be after my death. The day of death is "the last day of this dunya and the first day of akhirah" as I read one Muslim shia or imam said when he was dying. I hope that you all die on the faith of Muhammad and wilaya of his successor Ali ibn Abi Talib and imams of their progeny.

By the way I want to advise you to learn Arabic, at least to read Quran and understand it. I myself know how to read Quran I understand many things from it and I do not read translations now because the reward for reading is upon reading the original script in Arabic. I have read tafsir of Imam Abi Muhammad abilqaim Alhassan ibn Ali al'askari akeihim assalam ajmaeen and kitab sulaym ibn qays al-hilali. These books are great. Also books Attawhid by sheikh Assaduq, Kamaluddin by him also risalatulmut'ah by sheikh almufid are also great. All shia books are great actually. 

The only thing I have not done is ziyarah of masoomeen and istishhadah)

Wassalamu aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh by dear borthers and muslimaat sisters

• Advanced Member
17 hours ago, Muhammeduu said:

Salam alaikum all shia and muslims, I just want to say that it is interesting to me what will happen after my death to me, what there will be after my death. The day of death is "the last day of this dunya and the first day of akhirah" as I read one Muslim shia or imam said when he was dying. I hope that you all die on the faith of Muhammad and wilaya of his successor Ali ibn Abi Talib and imams of their progeny.

By the way I want to advise you to learn Arabic, at least to read Quran and understand it. I myself know how to read Quran I understand many things from it and I do not read translations now because the reward for reading is upon reading the original script in Arabic. I have read tafsir of Imam Abi Muhammad abilqaim Alhassan ibn Ali al'askari akeihim assalam ajmaeen and kitab sulaym ibn qays al-hilali. These books are great. Also books Attawhid by sheikh Assaduq, Kamaluddin by him also risalatulmut'ah by sheikh almufid are also great. All shia books are great actually. 

Wassalamu aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh by dear borthers and muslimaat sisters

Have you read the commentary of Imam Hasan al Askari (عليه السلام) on the qur'an?

May Allah reward you and bless you. 

I need it. Can you provide me any link or source from where I can get it??? 

• Advanced Member
17 hours ago, Muhammeduu said:

May Allah give you the opportunity to do the ziyarah of every holy shrine. 

• Advanced Member

Great post brother, we need more of these posts. Death always fascinates me and removes all my worries. It makes me realise that we chase pointless things in this life. What truly matters is returning to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) with a pure soul. May we all die the death of Prophet Muhammad ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) and the Ahlulbayt (عليه السلام)

• Advanced Member
On 11/19/2020 at 12:38 PM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Great post brother, we need more of these posts. Death always fascinates me and removes all my worries. It makes me realise that we chase pointless things in this life. What truly matters is returning to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) with a pure soul. May we all die the death of Prophet Muhammad ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) and the Ahlulbayt (عليه السلام)

I'm interested in your comment that "Death removes all my worries"

May people at this time with the increasing rates of mortality from Corona Virus are becoming awear of their own mortality and so the fear of death is a growing concern and problem leading to many mental health issues.

I am not a Muslim but follow Jesus the Messiah, so can you tell me what in Islam takes away the fear of death?

And is there an answer to the OP "What will happen to me after my death?" @Muhammeduu

Edited by Dave follower of The Way
  • Advanced Member
5 minutes ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

I am not a Muslim but follow Jesus the Messiah, so can you tell me what in Islam takes away the fear of death?

Spirituality. Islam shows us the limits of life.

More we practice faith, don't know how but more we feel sort of a detachment from this world. What I deduce from this experience is that I don't find my ultimate desires in this world. Everytime we face our lord with a pure heart,  their is an urge to get closer and closer to Allah. The quest of gaining proximity to our Lord makes us forget the glitters of this world. As a result, fear of death departs. Because fear of death is because of the attachment to this world. 

As an Urdu poet and Islamic philosopher Allama Iqbal says, 

"Ye Maal o Daulat e Dunya ye rishta o Pawand, 

Butan e wehm o Gumañ, La Illaha Illalah"

These resources and wealth of this world, these attachments and relations..... Are all idols of our fantasies and doubts. (And) their is no god except Allah.