Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Why is being homosexual a sin in Islam?

Rate this topic

Guest anonymous

• Advanced Member
5 hours ago, gayboyanon said:

What if a straight person gets a vasectomy before they've ever had sex?

It would be just like homosexuality. Now any of his sexual relationship would be purposeless. 

I still have the same point, you can never ever bring a strong reason for sex except for reproduction. 

11 hours ago, Bakir said:

Yeah, but that's strictly a religious opinion.

That is a social opinion not religious. Society is concerned with people and not only religion. You are seeing my opinions from a different standpoint.

11 hours ago, Bakir said:

From a strictly reproductive approach you are right. But this approach and this purpose is defined merely by you, and cannot be socially imposed

So, what purpose do you define for it? Entertainment and Amusement? This is not the purpose but the part of purpose, I am iterating it again. 

You are still unable to help me with this answer. What's the purpose of a strictly sexual intercourse between two people who know that their is no potential ability to produce any child? Apart from reproduction provide me a purpose and it should not be 'deriving pleasure'.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t see the point in asking why certain things are sins in Islam - considering where you’re at (as an atheist) - you should be more concerned with our justifications that posit the existence of a

Committing homosexuality is a sin in Islam. As this particularly act introduces corruption in society. Now, what is corruption. Infiltrating something with something in order to make that particular e

Hello. I am glad you decided to ask a question. Firstly, I will say that anything unnatural in Islam is considered forbidden, especially if it is harmful. It is a disgusting, vile act for an innumerou

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Zainuu said:

It would be just like homosexuality. Now any of his sexual relationship would be purposeless. 

That's fair. Well, I mean I don't necessarily agree with it, your reasoning doesn't change if straight people and gay people were in the same scenario.

I do wish more Muslims were like you. Though we do disagree on a relatively fundamental level, you seem like you will still respect gay people, and I am hoping that even if there were gay people who had sex, I hope you'll treat them with the same respect I've seen from you on this forum.

I think the same way of you, Nightclaw. Even though you've said you disagree with homosexuality, you've treated both me and Baqkir with respect. It doesn't matter what either of you believe, not really. As long as you treat gay people with respect, even if they're your family or children, I have nothing against you guys. Actually, I do enjoy debating with you guys because of the mutual respect shown.

That goes for others reading this too. I know some of you think there's some sort of gay agenda, but you don't need to accept gay people. You just need to treat them like people. Whereas a previous thread was really tough to go through, this thread is full of hope. Thank you for giving me that hope.

• Advanced Member
On 11/28/2020 at 1:33 AM, gayboyanon said:

That's fair. Well, I mean I don't necessarily agree with it, your reasoning doesn't change if straight people and gay people were in the same scenario.

Man. Actually you are thinking that the laws against homosexuality in Islam are something typically discriminatory for people who act like you. Social laws are actually built in a way that they bring order to the society. So, adultery, incest, homosexuality, prostitution etc etc all are prohibited. 

All of these laws tend to hold a moral and rational ground. Many people watching this debate might be thinking that why I didn't debate from the scientific perspective but the social one. Because the end result of all the sciences is to serve the society itself. So, if the end result of anything scientifically valid is harmful, this means that their is some problem in the relation of science and society. Actually, the science that we study doesn't gives any consideration to the spirit but it only sees the world with a materialisitic perspective. Why? Well, this argument has it's roots in philosophy. The philosophy that has become the fundamental basis of modern science is materialism. It doesn't brings into light the abstract realities, the spiritual sciences etc. So, such a philosophy is a joke and for most of the part insignificant as a subject. It just provides some support to the scientific world. Whereas, Philosophy and science should be independent of each other because they are different subjects dealing with different problems in an environment of different variables. Science and the scientific discoveries and inventions that have reached to us and come to us are right as well as wrong. But the crucial thing is that it's approach is materialistic which forces the scientists to miss a huge huge part in their researchs that is linked to abstract and spiritual realities. 

Religion is just a rational plan for living. Every ruling that religion provides is for the sake of life. People try to separate religion from other aspects of life. They are fooling themselves. If religion is separate from other aspects of life then religion has no right to interfere in those aspects. You got confused many time that I am seeing from a religious spectacle. Well actually that was never the case. I and nearly all the debaters over here answered you on the intellectual grounds. They answered the questions with those answers which they accepted when they asked it to their own minds. The reasons they found correct and irrefutable through their research. So, the problem lies with acceptance and not in understanding. 

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, gayboyanon said:

That's also stupid? By that logic, children shouldn't exist because neither Adam or Eve were children.

Because god created them that way.

You exist because you have a mother and father not a Father and Father!!

You honestly need to stop you are literally poisoning and ruining children's minds!

There are literally people out there preying on kids because of this.

STOP ALREADY!!

• Advanced Member
On 11/22/2020 at 11:55 PM, gayboyanon said:

, it's that more people are comfortable coming out because being LGBT is becoming more widely accepted.

Desensitizing any form of immortality will lead to it becoming more prevalent.

This is the problem. Sins become accepted but self responsibility and humbleness to seek forgiveness are belittled. 

It's all about ego in the end.

I want to do this, you can't tell me not to. And you have to accept me.

It should I am a sinner (no matter the sin) and I'm going to seek forgiveness and attempt to better my self. 

People lack self responsibility and won't critisze themselves.

Edited by Warilla
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
38 minutes ago, smma said:

I noticed this question has reached 5 pages. Last time i was here people were giving the usual replies such as "its unnatural". I was wondering if a more detailed answer was given

Well, I explained earlier on in this thread. Unnatural means going against the laws of nature, and homosexuality does just that. Just because something occurs in nature does not equivocate to it being natural because homosexuality is something that only began at the time of Lut (peace be upon him) and was not prevalent at the beginning of mankind. Allah created men and women to sleep with one another, not the other way around. 

I even provided a link that states the anus was not made for sexual intercourse and that the female genitalia is from a non-Muslim gynecologist. All gynecologists hold this view - because it is unnatural, regardless if one disagrees or not.