Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Why is being homosexual a sin in Islam?

Rate this topic

Guest anonymous

Guest anonymous

Hello. I'm an atheist from Florida, and a question that I have is why being LGBT+ is sinful in Islam. Specifically, I am curious as to why being homosexual is sinful. Like, what is so intrinsically wrong about it? As a homosexual myself, I don't think I'm doing anything wrong by being a homosexual. Like, I don't feel like there is an intrinsic moral obligation to not be homosexual. Is the commandment just arbitrary? Like, there is no reason for it? And please don't answer my question with an argentum ad verecundiam fallacy, I've got enough of those.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t see the point in asking why certain things are sins in Islam - considering where you’re at (as an atheist) - you should be more concerned with our justifications that posit the existence of a

Committing homosexuality is a sin in Islam. As this particularly act introduces corruption in society. Now, what is corruption. Infiltrating something with something in order to make that particular e

Hello. I am glad you decided to ask a question. Firstly, I will say that anything unnatural in Islam is considered forbidden, especially if it is harmful. It is a disgusting, vile act for an innumerou

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, Guest anonymous said:

Hello. I'm an atheist from Florida, and a question that I have is why being LGBT+ is sinful in Islam. Specifically, I am curious as to why being homosexual is sinful. Like, what is so intrinsically wrong about it? As a homosexual myself, I don't think I'm doing anything wrong by being a homosexual. Like, I don't feel like there is an intrinsic moral obligation to not be homosexual. Is the commandment just arbitrary? Like, there is no reason for it? And please don't answer my question with an argentum ad verecundiam fallacy, I've got enough of those.

You do not have the free will to become what you are it is the will of God. Being a homosexual is just a sign that you are far far away from the truth and reality. The homosexuality is only a desire belong to this body, real You is faultless sinless desireless and fearless.
The purpose of life is to know your real self but you stick to the idea that you are nothing but the body.
When you witness that your desire of homosexuality start to fade away, that will be the sign of start of self realization.

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, Shahrukh K said:

You do not have the free will to become what you are it is the will of God. Being a homosexual is just a sign that you are far far away from the truth and reality. The homosexuality is only a desire belong to this body, real You is faultless sinless desireless and fearless.
The purpose of life is to know your real self but you stick to the idea that you are nothing but the body.
When you witness that your desire of homosexuality start to fade away, that will be the sign of start of self realization.

Can you please explain a bit more?

• Advanced Member

Idk about all the deep religious laws, but i think homosexuality comes under a group of sins called "zina". Having intercourse outside of marriage is considered the worst form of zina, and since people of the same gender cannot marry in isalm, homosexuality automatically becomes a sin. 

Homosexuality is a hormonal abnormality  that is also accompanied by several mental diseases like depression, anxiety etc and most homosexuals suffer from one or more of these diseases. It is sad that it is being promoted in society today as a normal and good thing, which is stopping homosexuals from getting the care and help they need. 

• Advanced Member
18 hours ago, Guest anonymous said:

Hi!

When did you notice you were “homosexual”?  Please, be brutally honest...  I am genuinely interested in knowing.

Edited by eThErEaL
Guest anonymous
17 hours ago, Zainuu said:

As this particularly act introduces corruption in society. Now, what is corruption. Infiltrating something with something in order to make that particular entity loose it's purity, essence and it's characterstics is called as corruption.

Why are homosexual relations corrupt and heterosexual relations not though? That doesn't make sense to me. It seems like an arbitrary marginalization.

17 hours ago, Zainuu said:

Now, homosexuality or same sex relationships cannot prosper because same sexes cannot reproduce and cannot form a unit in order to carry on with the society.

You are correct; in a homosexual relationship there can be no reproduction. What I don't understand is why this matters? Really what I was asking with this question was what made it wrong. Like, for example, it is totally evident and blatant to me why something like lying or murder could be a sin. But homosexual relations aren't harming anyone. I do not see why having children is such a necessity. There are enough kids on earth that are in foster homes and orphanages. I would rather adopt, even if I was heterosexual.

Guest anonymous
10 hours ago, Shahrukh K said:

Okay, well, it is in fact my person belief that being homosexual is not a choice that I make or that most homosexuals make, but that is not what I wanted to debate. See, I can understand why something such as lying and murder could be sins. That is just going out of your way to harm someone else. But I don't get what is wrong with a homosexual relationship, other than your argument that it is the will of God. That kind of argument is fundamentally illogical and flawed. It is referred to as an "appeal to authority fallacy."

Guest anonymous
10 hours ago, Justsomeone said:

Like what? I guess I can elaborate I bit, but I don't see why context is necessary. I didn't really want this to be about me personally. Anyway, just because I am comfortable with doing so, I shall elaborate. I'm a 14 y/o male from Florida, and that may seem young to be so certain about my sexuality, but I've been gay since I was 10 y/o. Before that I was not heterosexual, I just was too young to have any interest in relationships. 

Guest anonymous
10 hours ago, smma said:

Idk about all the deep religious laws, but i think homosexuality comes under a group of sins called "zina". Having intercourse outside of marriage is considered the worst form of zina, and since people of the same gender cannot marry in isalm, homosexuality automatically becomes a sin. 

Homosexuality is a hormonal abnormality  that is also accompanied by several mental diseases like depression, anxiety etc and most homosexuals suffer from one or more of these diseases. It is sad that it is being promoted in society today as a normal and good thing, which is stopping homosexuals from getting the care and help they need. 

Okay, but I am not debating whether it is a sin or not. That is blatantly evident. I am just confused about 'why' it is a sin. Now, about the marriage part. You're correct, but again, I want to know 'why' it is articulated as such in the Quaran that two people of the same gender should not be allowed to marry. Like, I can understand why lying or murder is a sin. That is just going out of your way to harm someone. But I do not feel that I am harming society or anyone by being gay. True, I cannot have offspring of my own. But that doesn't matter to me. When I am ready to have kids I will just adopt. There are enough kids in foster homes and orphanages. 

About the mental illness and hormonal abnormality part: you're right, but I think it is for the wrong reason. Many homosexuals are depressed and anxious because of their social situations. In many places homosexuals are treated unfairly or poorly, and that causes them to develop these disorders such as dysphoria, depression, and anxiety. I suppose I cannot claim that I am highly educated on the topic of links between hormonal abnormalities and homosexuality, but I do not see how this makes a difference.

Guest anonymous
7 hours ago, Mohammad313Ali said:

I don’t see the point in asking why certain things are sins in Islam - considering where you’re at (as an atheist) - you should be more concerned with our justifications that posit the existence of a creator, afterwards you need to entertain the belief that this established creator has ordained a religious way of life for his creation. 

You need to go from atheism to agnosticism, and then from agnosticism explore the logical beliefs of each religion pertaining to their doctrine. It would make sense for you to ask questions that address the kernel and root of belief, by establishing the source of such belief to be an omniscient and omnipotent creator, you realize that whatever He ordains - that which you can conceptualize and that which you can’t is absolute justice and good. 

You’ve already created an identity for yourself with the sexual inclination that you have, so the one who is committing a fallacy from the start is you. Once you are able to bring the bigger pieces together you won’t be too burdened with matters of jurisprudence and sexual morality. It doesn’t make sense to rummage through the principles that occupy the belief of others rationally/logically, because it comes after deliberate ratiocination of an all merciful, all knowing, fully encompassing creator.

As an atheist I presume your worldview is Utilitarianism, where to the contrary as Muslims our worldview is submitting to the will of Allah - opposing our vain desires and selves, no justification will appeal to you because it fundamentally opposes your own worldview and if you were to concede to it, you would be opposing the edicts of your foundation. 

Where you are now currently, you’re asking the wrong questions and if you are adamant on the position of non-belief, no answer will suffice your flawed presuppositions. 

Okay, so you're argument is still basically just 'it is wrong because God says it is wrong'. I was just curious if any person of Islamic faith on this website could give me a genuine reason that being a homosexual was morally incorrect. I understand you're point about me already being atheistic, and that no answer will suffice me, but I think you are incorrect. I might be willing to consider an alternative if I was given logical answers to my questions.

And, I do not understand how I am fallacious for supposing that I am homosexual. I don't know how to tackle this accusation because you never really elaborate on it. 

Guest anonymous
2 hours ago, Nightclaw said:

Hello. I am glad you decided to ask a question. Firstly, I will say that anything unnatural in Islam is considered forbidden, especially if it is harmful. It is a disgusting, vile act for an innumerous amount of reasons. One of them being is that if you accept homosexuality, then you have to accept incest. Why? Allow me to demonstrate why you have no other option.

If you accept that being homosexual is fine and acceptable, then surely a consenting father and son or two consenting brothers could bed one another - all of age and mature. You have no real argument other than it is incest, unless you take the psychological route. From there, you will encounter the same reasons we find being homosexual disdainful.

Moreover, many scientists who are experts in this field [gynecologists] state that this practice of anal intercourse is not only unnatural, but harmful on a widespread amount. For instance, let us take Lauren Streicher Ph.D, a gynecologist who states:

Let’s face it, the anus was not made for intercourse. It’s supposed to be a one-way passage,” Dr. Streicher points out. The vagina, on the other hand, “has a thick, elastic, accordion-like lining designed to stretch to accommodate a penis, or a baby.” - Her website

Furthermore, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (USCDCP) states that anal sex is the primary cause and highest risk factor of intercourse behavior for HIV infections.  

Having anal sex can cause you to get HPV, which more than half of men in the U.S. today have currently. HPV is incurable and it is a deadly disease that can lead to cancer and weaken the body. This weakening of the body is not the case with just the disease, but the anus in itself. It will render one unable to fully control themselves and raise the risk of having an accident on themselves by a landslide.

Anything harmful in Islam is designated as forbidden. It is that simple. It is not based off of blind reasoning. Homosexuality is unnatural, harmful and without use - therefore wrong. Just so you know, anal sex with a woman is also prohibited. Allah curses those who enters a man or woman via the anus.

I hope this answers your question.

So, first I would like to talk about your argument that homosexuality is a common causing agent of numerous diseases: you're correct. It is. But, this can also be the case for heterosexual relations. So, if anything that can cause harm is forbidden, why is heterosexual intercourse allowed? You can also get numerous diseases from heterosexual relations.

And let me further explain my initial inquiry: I'm not asking if it is considered a sin, but why. And, you then reply with 'it is unnatural'. Well, why is something being unnatural a sin? Like, if having homosexual relations was bound to absolutely cause harm to me or someone else, I might understand it. But it is not. There is of course a chance of some injury or disease, but that is also true of heterosexual relationships. So it is my perspective that homosexual relations are being unnecessarily and arbitrarily marginalized as sinful.

And the last rebuttal I have is about incest. You claim, that as a homosexual, I have to endorse incest. Well, here is my take on it: Incest is wrong if there is a chance for a reproductive process to take place, purposefully or accidentally. There is no doubt that having offspring from related parents can cause numerous genetic diseases. I think that intercourse between two related people should never take place if there is a risk of conception. But, it just so happens that in a homosexual relationship there is no chance for conception to take place. Then, your rebuttal to this is that it is unnatural. Well for that refer back to my previous rebuttal.

Guest anonymous
54 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

Hi!

When did you notice you were “homosexual”?  Please, be brutally honest...  I am genuinely interested in knowing.

So, I did not want this conversation to be about me on a personal level. But, just because I feel comfortable with it, I will elaborate on my situation: I'm a 14 y/o male from Florida, and that may seem young to be so certain about my sexuality, but I've been gay since I was 10 y/o. Before that I was not heterosexual, I just was too young to have any interest in relationships. 

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Guest anonymous said:

Like what? I guess I can elaborate I bit, but I don't see why context is necessary. I didn't really want this to be about me personally. Anyway, just because I am comfortable with doing so, I shall elaborate. I'm a 14 y/o male from Florida, and that may seem young to be so certain about my sexuality, but I've been gay since I was 10 y/o. Before that I was not heterosexual, I just was too young to have any interest in relationships. 

I wasn't quoting you I was interested in what Sharukh K said...

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Guest anonymous said:

Why are homosexual relations corrupt and heterosexual relations not though? That doesn't make sense to me. It seems like an arbitrary marginalization.

Salam, 

Sorry but I didn't focus upon heterosexual relations because it was out of scope. Any kind of relation which promotes corruption in society is haraam. Either heterosexual or homosexual. Primary reason is corruption in the society. 

• Advanced Member

You are correct; in a homosexual relationship there can be no reproduction. What I don't understand is why this matters? Really what I was asking with this question was what made it wrong. Like, for example, it is totally evident and blatant to me why something like lying or murder could be a sin. But homosexual relations aren't harming anyone. I do not see why having children is such a necessity. There are enough kids on earth that are in foster homes and orphanages. I would rather adopt, even if I was heterosexual.

I already concluded that it promotes corruption in society. Because this form of relationship has no future. What is the motive of a relationship? Is it only sex? No, it has many reasons. And what is the purpose of sex itself? Basically, what is the upside of a homosexual relationship? None. While I pointed out the downsides which are critical. How can an act with no benefits but plenty of downsides be acceptable?

Regarding children: Having children is not necessary but important for the human race to propagate. Just like food is a need for survival of humanity. Sex is a need for propagation of human race. And I don't want to get into the analytical part, as I don't have time for that. But maybe any one on the forum can prove it that the population of youth in many european countries and Japan is decreasing. So, when you will look into it individually, you won't see a problem. But as a whole, not having children can cause problems for a society. Like it is happening right now in countries like Japan.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.brookings.edu/blog/future-development/2017/10/10/how-will-we-cope-when-there-are-too-few-young-people-in-the-world/amp/

This article above might be of help. And also you see that how fast the trends regarding population can change. Because when you are worried about population and see a lot of children, many people think like you and take the measures.

• Advanced Member
14 hours ago, Justsomeone said:

Like when someone have fever, fever is not a disease it is a symptom that there is something wrong with the body.

Similarly if someone says that he is homosexual than it is only a symptom that his spiritual journey is not yet started.

That is the reason why it is considered a sin in Islam.

• Advanced Member

Well, why is something being unnatural a sin?

Becsuse , It's a procedure from Shaitan/Satan to defeat & corrupt  humans by themselves by encouraging  humans to stop creating new generations & rebeling against Allah/God command .

• Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, Shahrukh K said:

Like when someone have fever, fever is not a disease it is a symptom that there is something wrong with the body.

Similarly if someone says that he is homosexual than it is only a symptom that his spiritual journey is not yet started.

Ok but how so? Because it's not natural?

• Advanced Member
23 hours ago, Guest anonymous said:

1) Religions are propagated by members of that Religion having children, thus creating more members of that Religion. Homosexuals can't do this. 

2) Religions are often propagated by (winning) wars conducted by armies of men. In war, homosexual men have the ability to form couples, and thus not be as focused on winning wars. Many militaries of various states ban gays in the military for this reason. 

3) Many religions rely on gender segregation in order to prevent sexual desires interfering with certain objectives (e.g. religious schooling, sport, health care etc.). Homosexuality allows this gender segregation to become ineffective.

4) Most Religions are generally patriarchal. The people in charge of the Religion are men. Many men are in fear of Homosexual men, since they have the ability to raped by a more physically capable male. Most fully grown men have no fear of getting raped by women. 

5) Homosexual sex can be more physically harmful, and propagate certain diseases more efficiently. This is also the reason why religious often are against multiple sexual partners.

That's all I could come up with off the top off my head.

As you can tell, most of these are no longer relevant in more sophisticated cultures.

As such, for me homosexuality isn't really that big of a sin anymore. The more dogmatic religious people here, who believe in following the religion in it's original medieval form will disagree with me. 

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Justsomeone said:

Ok but how so? Because it's not natural?

Oh yes the state we are in is unnatural.
Everybody is born with his own desires and fears. 
The story where Adam (mankind : me, you everyone) went near the cursed tree (desires) and ate from it (fruit of the tree: fear) soon afterwards he started to identify himself with his body.
Spiritual journey means that i have to go back to my natural state where i do not associate myself with a body. What is my natural state ? In my original state i am desireless and fearless.
Whatever is the desire even homosexuality by itself is not right or wrong. It is nothing but striving for happiness. Having identified yourself with a speck of a body you feel lost and search desperately for the sense of fullness and completeness you call happiness. Remove the speck and your eyes will be flooded with light. The light is there -- waiting. The eyes are there -- ready. The darkness you see is but the shadow of the tiny speck. Get rid of it and come back to your natural state.

• Advanced Member
5 minutes ago, Shahrukh K said:

Oh yes the state we are in is unnatural.
Everybody is born with his own desires and fears. 
The story where Adam (mankind : me, you everyone) went near the cursed tree (desires) and ate from it (fruit of the tree: fear) soon afterwards he started to identify himself with his body.
Spiritual journey means that i have to go back to my natural state where i do not associate myself with a body. What is my natural state ? In my original state i am desireless and fearless.
Whatever is the desire even homosexuality by itself is not right or wrong. It is nothing but striving for happiness. Having identified yourself with a speck of a body you feel lost and search desperately for the sense of fullness and completeness you call happiness. Remove the speck and your eyes will be flooded with light. The light is there -- waiting. The eyes are there -- ready. The darkness you see is but the shadow of the tiny speck. Get rid of it and come back to your natural state.

So, is it right if I say that when I stop associating myself with this body. The desire disappears and therefore the act of homosexuality (which is solely based on desire) becomes meaningless...?

• Advanced Member
On 11/15/2020 at 11:30 AM, Guest anonymous said:

Hello. I'm an atheist from Florida, and a question that I have is why being LGBT+ is sinful in Islam.

You are asking how to run before you can walk. Being homosexual is minor compared to your lack of beleif in Allah. The only thing you could do worse is idol worship.

First question you need to answer is the cosmos/ reality created or uncreated. And if there is a creator what are the attributes of this creator.

If you don't believe in a divine creator then we can't give you a "rational" reason as society and the human mind for most part in the west excepts LGBT.

We can give a few social/scientific answers but they are limited and not the real truth of why it's forbidden.

Edited by Warilla
  • Advanced Member
8 hours ago, Guest anonymous said:

So, first I would like to talk about your argument that homosexuality is a common causing agent of numerous diseases: you're correct. It is. But, this can also be the case for heterosexual relations. So, if anything that can cause harm is forbidden, why is heterosexual intercourse allowed? You can also get numerous diseases from heterosexual relations.

And let me further explain my initial inquiry: I'm not asking if it is considered a sin, but why. And, you then reply with 'it is unnatural'. Well, why is something being unnatural a sin? Like, if having homosexual relations was bound to absolutely cause harm to me or someone else, I might understand it. But it is not. There is of course a chance of some injury or disease, but that is also true of heterosexual relationships. So it is my perspective that homosexual relations are being unnecessarily and arbitrarily marginalized as sinful.

And the last rebuttal I have is about incest. You claim, that as a homosexual, I have to endorse incest. Well, here is my take on it: Incest is wrong if there is a chance for a reproductive process to take place, purposefully or accidentally. There is no doubt that having offspring from related parents can cause numerous genetic diseases. I think that intercourse between two related people should never take place if there is a risk of conception. But, it just so happens that in a homosexual relationship there is no chance for conception to take place. Then, your rebuttal to this is that it is unnatural. Well for that refer back to my previous rebuttal.

If you had read carefully, you would have seen that I said it is harmful. You focused on one aspect so as to prove yourself right instead of actually looking into what I had said and it answers your question. My whole thing was indicative and referring to it's negative effects.

Homosexuality is unnatural, harmful and without use - therefore wrong.

It is considered a sin because it is harmful, primarily. Most unnatural things are harmful. The anus was not made for intercourse. Doing anal sex will cause an innumerable amount of problems to one's body and wellbeing.

I have to say that I find this entirely interesting. It shows that you are completely fine with two male members of a household having intercourse, which shows that you are an acceptor of incest, regardless of how you put it - because that is exactly what it is, and your statements have alluded to such. You cannot accept one part and reject the other unless you are a hypocrite - in which you should then be subject to examination because nobody should trust a hypocrite.

There is of course a chance of some injury or disease, but that is also true of heterosexual relationships. So it is my perspective that homosexual relations are being unnecessarily and arbitrarily marginalized as sinful.

The chance of injury is little to not even present in heterosexual relationships. As per what I have said above, the vagina was literally designed to take in a penis. The chances of injury are unlikely. 

As per disease in heterosexual relationships - that is why it is a sin to have sex outside of marriage. One can hop from partner to partner, which ultimately causes diseases. That is why one must shower and be hygienic [when married to your spouse], as it is half of our faith. Your view that homosexual relations are being dubbed sinful shows that you just want to find reasons to make it acceptable - which is understandable, as you are a homosexual. However, the fact of the matter is that the anus was not made for intercourse and the vagina was. There is significantly more damage done to the body done during anal intercourse than any other method of having intercourse. It is destructive, dehumanizing and filthy. Do not make the equivocation fallacy that "since heterosexual relationships can get diseases and homosexuality can too, they are both the same". They are not. Everyone knows that anal intercourse is harmful and intercourse through the vagina is natural. It was literally designed for the penis, as aforementioned.

• Advanced Member
5 hours ago, Justsomeone said:

So, is it right if I say that when I stop associating myself with this body. The desire disappears and therefore the act of homosexuality (which is solely based on desire) becomes meaningless...?

Exactly,

As a shadow appears when light is intercepted by the body, so does the person arise when pure self-awareness is obstructed by the 'I-am-the-body' idea. And as the shadow changes shape and position according to the lay of the land, so does the person appear to rejoice and suffer, rest and toil, find and lose according to the pattern of destiny. When the body is no more, the person disappears completely without return, only the witness remains and the Great Unknown. 

• Advanced Member
19 hours ago, Guest anonymous said:

So, I did not want this conversation to be about me on a personal level. But, just because I feel comfortable with it, I will elaborate on my situation: I'm a 14 y/o male from Florida, and that may seem young to be so certain about my sexuality, but I've been gay since I was 10 y/o. Before that I was not heterosexual, I just was too young to have any interest in relationships. 

Right.  But how did you notice you were gay?

• Advanced Member
On 11/15/2020 at 7:49 PM, smma said:

That’s... yes, of course if gay people suffer abuse or homophobia they’re more likely to be depressed.

On 11/15/2020 at 12:24 PM, Zainuu said:

Committing homosexuality is a sin in Islam. As this particularly act introduces corruption in society. Now, what is corruption. Infiltrating something with something in order to make that particular entity loose it's purity, essence and it's characterstics is called as corruption. So, from a social prospect, a society in which homosexuality is practiced is corrupted and cannot progress. Why? Because society as a whole is formed by an entity called as family and family has it's essence in relationship. So, relationship is one of the basic elements that is needed to form a society. Because it leads to the formation of a family which will either lay the foundation of a society or another stepping stone in the progress of a society. 

Now, homosexuality or same sex relationships cannot prosper because same sexes cannot reproduce and cannot form a unit in order to carry on with the society. True that they are doing it by their will and making love. You can love someone from your own gender or any other gender or even anything possible. Love is something independent of any kind of relationship. It is a phenomenon. But once a relationship is established it has to have a meaning. A homosexual relationship will not lead to anything and in fact cause the society to corrupt because those two individuals who will undergo such a relation have the capability to form a family by setting up a relationship with opposite gender.

Gay couples can still have kids. And they have the more important job cause they have to take in the children who have been abandoned or last their parents/guardians. And not even all straight relationships involve kids. Love is an important part of relationships.

On 11/16/2020 at 4:13 AM, Nightclaw said:

anything unnatural in Islam is considered forbidden

No it’s not. Last I checked, medicine isn’t haram.

On 11/16/2020 at 9:52 AM, Zainuu said:

Basically, what is the upside of a homosexual relationship? None.

How? You just said heterosexual relationships have lots of upsides, so homosexual relationships would have the same upsides except for reproduction.

On 11/16/2020 at 10:10 AM, Ashvazdanghe said:

by encouraging  humans to stop creating new generations

I see you’ve never heard of adoption.

On 11/16/2020 at 3:26 PM, Nightclaw said:

It is considered a sin because it is harmful, primarily.

That means you have nothing against non-sexual gay relationships, right?

• Basic Members
On 11/16/2020 at 1:31 AM, Guest anonymous said:

Homosexuals/Gays/LGBTQ have a much higher chance of contracting an STD than straight people. Homosexuality is not allowed in Islam, and is considered a sin, as can be evidently seen by the example of Sodom and Gomorrah. 

Even if you disregard Islam, all major world religions do not except homosexuality/LGBTQ. Now even if one were to not know the exact reasoning, you must acknowledge, that if ALL major world religions say that something is wrong, then it is surely ought to be wrong.

That being said, as muslims, we don't hate LGBTQ, we simply believe that you are misguided. I am trying not to be personal, but 10-14 is a bit young to be identifying your god given sex, so you might want to reflect.

In modern times, there has been an uptick in LGBTQ issues to to the recent need to be "different", as emphasized in so many places. Therefore, people have come out as "LGBTQ", in order to be different. However there is really no need for that, as all what matters is your inner peace, which can be attained by a close relationship with god. 

Homosexuals should NOT be marginalized, because they deserve respect as our brothers in humanity. But, they are commiting a sin by indulging in homosexuality, which God will hold them accountable to. Personally, I believe that people in this society tend to steer away from Homosexuals as they can prove to be a bad influence on them and their children. The recent whole LGBTQ culture has had a negative effect on the youth of today, and this has never been normal in the history of the world. I hope this didn't come off as too abrasive. May you, I, and all of us be guided.

God knows best

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, gayboyanon said:

No it’s not. Last I checked, medicine isn’t haram.

If their source is permissible, we are allowed to take it. If it contains things that are harmful and unnatural - then it is impermissible. I do not know where you get this from.

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, gayboyanon said:

Gay couples can still have kids. And they have the more important job cause they have to take in the children who have been abandoned or last their parents/guardians. And not even all straight relationships involve kids. Love is an important part of relationships.

Do you need a homosexual relationship to adopt a kid?

Being a heterosexual too you can do it. In fact you can open another orphanage to take many many orphans and take care of them. Taking care of Orphans has great rewards in Islam.

And reproduction is important and required, I have already mentioned it:

On 11/16/2020 at 3:22 PM, Zainuu said:

But maybe any one on the forum can prove it that the population of youth in many european countries and Japan is decreasing. So, when you will look into it individually, you won't see a problem. But as a whole, not having children can cause problems for a society. Like it is happening right now in countries like Japan.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.brookings.edu/blog/future-development/2017/10/10/how-will-we-cope-when-there-are-too-few-young-people-in-the-world/amp/

3 hours ago, gayboyanon said:

How? You just said heterosexual relationships have lots of upsides, so homosexual relationships would have the same upsides except for reproduction.

Heterosexual relationships (I am talking about marital) are an important unit which propagate the human race and creates order in the society. They have a future.

What future is their for a homosexual relationship? How the generations will proceed? How a homosexual relationship can be a healthy contribution to the society. In fact, it will take away two individuals at a time (and if this increases, then two people adopting such relation means two people leaving heterosexual world).

If you put these calculations on a binary tree, you will automatically understand that it will rather be a factor to reduce the birth count by drastic rates which will cause the society to break.

Already, the statistics are their which show the youth population graph going upside down. And you know, in this case adoption will not effect. 

• Advanced Member
On 11/15/2020 at 6:30 AM, Guest anonymous said:

Hi.  Not sure if you are still around...

Identifying yourself as HOMOSEXUAL is as much a SIN as identifying yourself as a HETEROSEXUAL.

Because both are identities.  In the past people never bothered to create a label or an identity for themselves saying "I am heterosexual" or "I  am homosexual".  Yes, there were males who behaved like females, there were males who were attracted to other males.  They did what we would call are homosexual activities... but there wasn't such an investment in having the identity or in saying something like, "I am a homosexual" or "I am gay", or "I am heterosexual".  At least there wasn't an emphasis placed on it as an identity that one would invest himself or herself in (and therefore attach himself or herself to in such a deep way).  The real crime here is to believe that it as a fundamental part of your identity.  It creates a scar and is damaging (it leads to an unhealthy personality).  So this is why I say, Heterosexual  identification is as much a sin as homosexual identification.  To invest so much of your self in the belief that you are this or that is a sin, because you are limiting yourself to it!  It JUST SO HAPPENS however, that people who say "I am heterosexual" don't care so much when they say it.. in other words, they say it without a deep sense of attachment and association, they are not heavily invested in it as compared to people who identity themselves as homosexual.    

So now that we have done away with homosexuals and heterosexuals we are now left with homosexual activities and heterosexual activities.  

Is it is bad for a guy to love another guy?  NO!  I love my dad, my guy friends, my brother... etc etc..  What is the problem? Not a problem.

Is it allowed for a guy to have sex with another guy?  It doesn't appear to be natural!  So it makes sense if sexual activities between the same sex are

not allowed in religions.  

Is there anything else left for people to argue about now?

Can guys behave life females?  What is wrong with that?  Just be yourself.  If a guy likes to dress in a colorful way... fine!   So long as he dresses modestly!  

Edited by eThErEaL