Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Uncle Joe . . .

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

l checked the "Creepy Joe---Sleepy Joe" thread and it is not appropriate l think for a thread about The Apparent-President-Elect as he begins to form an administration.

So what we do here, is post information and pertinent comments; and not belittlement or parodies.

l'II begin in the next block.

• Veteran Member

Yesterday, the 12th, on NPR radio, some Democratic leaders and political advisors were discussing Uncle Joe forming an Administration.

One of the comments was about "the Plan" to tackle Covid-l9. The comment was that the Feds and Biden cannot really do much because the health authorities are within the states.

[Opine: Now why wasn't that said during the campaign?]

• Veteran Member

https://www.newsweek.com/biden-demands-urgent-federal-covid-action-trump-feuds-cuomo-1547424

Slightly slanted but does reflect other reporting today.

OPINE: l believe Uncle Joe is "demanding" action and fingering Trump because he knows there is nothing that can be done but what is being done, and then after inauguration Uncle Joe can cast blame back upon Trump.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Veteran Member

From the newz:  Baden has selected so many people from the Cashton and 0buma administrations that already the Baden Administration is being called "0bama 2.0".  ---source, DeutscheWelle

Question from the lnternet:

As US goes from Trump's M.A.G.A. to a M.A.L.A. Baden Administration, shall the "L" signify "Looney" or "Libtard" ?

Edited by hasanhh
source
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Veteran Member
On 11/13/2020 at 6:27 PM, hasanhh said:

One of the comments was about "the Plan" to tackle Covid-l9. The comment was that the Feds and Biden cannot really do much because the health authorities are within the states.

0n December 3rd, Baden announced he will ask Americans to wear masks for 100 days -inauguration to end of April.

Baden also said he will mandate masks on all gov't facilities (and lands).

Well, that initiative was taken by Rep. Garcia (D-TX) in July.

https://www.ajc.com/news/democrats-introduce-bill-require-face-masks-inside-federal-facilities/7uXTFAtIl4MM3uDuRRC2GM/ 

date:14July2020

• Veteran Member

1] Uncle Joe and Comrade a-Harris have been named as Time's "persons of the year".  [For what? -ed.]

2] Who to believe?

a) "US Budget Deficit Up 25.1% in first 2 months of Budget Year" -[begins 01Oct -ed.]

https://www.apnews.com/article/us-news-coronavirus-pandemic-66d0b745de5bf65d6239f80977e9da26 

b) "U.S. November budget deficit NARrows to $145.3 billion vs $208.8 billion a year ago"

https://www.marke[Edited Out]ch.com/story/u-s-november-budget-deficit-narrows-to-145-3-billion-vs-208-8-billion-year-ago-11607628828 

With apologies  to Willy S.

"Bubble*, Juggle,  Shift and Shuffle;  Cover in the Fog of Covid Air.

*Bubble also means something lacking firmness.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Veteran Member

Any of you remember Carl Sagan. He did this TV program for which he was spoofed for constantly saying "billions and billions of stars."

Well, at 15;24hrs, he finished a pre-oath press conference. Some Trump bashing, Russia is an enemy, "our darkest days are before US" in reference to the C-19 deaths. But he also several times yapped about billions of dollars that will have to be spent for different things.

Uncle Joe has been Saganized: "billions and billions" of dollars.

l remember when 'cost of gov't' was a theme when LBJohnson signed the first post-WW2 budget of $100million and a few years later Nixon signed the first $200million budget.  The budget passed last night is reportedly $1.5 Trillion.

You younger members, can you say "Quadrillion"?

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, The Green Knight said:

I'm sorry he is your president elect.

We all are, brother. But at least he will be dirty politics as usual, not the Trump mafia hate-games of the past four years. It's not better, it's just less worse. 

Any tips for how to peacefully reform the entire system, given that nearly half the population prefers the hate politics? If it continues as it has been, there will surely be more violence. 

• Veteran Member
54 minutes ago, notme said:

Any tips for how to peacefully reform the entire system, given that nearly half the population prefers the hate politics?

Personally I would simply move to another country. That way also lose the pandemic hordes of toxic people full of hate. If I could, I would live in Finland. Free education, responsible, helpful community, genuine democracy, might actually evolve, truly secular/do not care, courts of justice and police function normally, no puppet politicians, no incentive for merica or zionist to influence and mar, peace, neutrality, out of the way of world war 3 zone.

Karma has other plan for Merica, it can not be "peacefully reformed" even if such a thing was possible. Sorry.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, The Green Knight said:

Karma has other plan for Merica, it can not be "peacefully reformed" even if such a thing was possible. Sorry.

I believe this to be true, and well deserved, but I have to keep trying to find another way. I could relocate, but my family is here. I have to stay and try to make things better. 

• Veteran Member

I feel the same. My country is also approaching a similar fate due to decades of corruption, hypocrisy and absence of justice. Now its just a husk, waiting for a strong gust of wind. A few individuals try hard but its futile. Our whole nation is corrupt, let alone the people in power, and all the foretold qualities of the people of end of times fit our necks like a noose. I'm also not moving because, whats the point. If me and my wife apply for Canadian immigration, having much more qualifications than their requirements we would have no reason to not get immigration. But we don't. I refused work in middle east, why should I help Najdis and Mericans?

Instead, I have planted an indeterminate tomato variety field to keep busy. :D Bought a tractor and ploughs last year. A new tubewell. Learnt many new things like composting within a month. Bird keeping. Looking at bee and fish keeping too. From this spring I will be doing lots of farming on my own once again. ^_^

• Moderators
3 hours ago, The Green Knight said:

If I could, I would live in Finland

You would certainly love it there, you of all people! :D

Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) rights in Finland are among the most advanced in Europe.Finland is often referred to as one of the world's most LGBT-friendly countries and public acceptance of LGBT people and same-sex relationships is high.

source: Wikipedia

• Veteran Member
On 12/23/2020 at 9:36 PM, starlight said:

You would certainly love it there, you of all people! :D

source: Wikipedia

Well, no place is perfect. But to be honest, you have it wrong, I don't have that issue. I am pretty, kind of very, very, honestly, pretty pretty sure that in Finland (as well as most other places) those lgtb hordes don't barge into our community centers, preach homosexuality and ask for respect and authorization of Islam. Pretty sure they all have that common sense. That is my only issue. I don't mind people fighting over the seats in that big basement, be my guest, hey, less room down there for me and mine. I do mind them claiming the whole building.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, The Green Knight said:

those lgtb hordes don't barge into our community centers, preach homosexuality and ask for respect and authorization of Islam.

And this happens in Pakistan???

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, starlight said:

And this happens in Pakistan???

Btw our society, as it exists now, is not far behind in its vomitable qualities. There are the "mera jism meri marzi" hordes, usually confined inside private universities but then sometimes they take to the streets. In case you miss seeing and hearing them on the streets, or reading their shameless placards, our media makes sure that everything reaches you by electronic means. Then, the media and people also make perfectly sure that everyone who turns on the TV or visit facebook etc must find out about the vile puppet politicians out of horror movies, how they had dispepsia and how sad it is, or about the icons of kufr from "showbiz" what they had for breakfast. You know if I ever watch TV I only watch Animal Planet or things like majalis or documentaries on youtube, or the occasional good movie. I can't stand it, I'm not insane even now. I can't care less about all the people they want me to care about. I just can't. I am unable to believe that homos and all manner of seditious, evil, corrupt, MI6 agents, Nawasib and all that ails this world will reach into the eternal abode and live among the decent, because then what was the point? If heaven is going to accept and still carry all these shortcomings of the human race there as well.

• Veteran Member

As for the .. subtopic on hand. I only wish to be in a place where there is justice. Where wolves are not guarding the sheep. Someplace actually honest. Some place without oil under it. Far away from it all. Some place where the sports team is selected on merit, not recruited by highest bids, so I can woo for them, watch sports again. Where there still exist great writers and great people. Scientists who invent things and don't get murdered or arrested because the invention hurts capitalist economy. A place where Tesla should have moved instead of Merica. A place where the worker can make a living without feeding itself to the crocodiles. A place where humans live who have conscience. A place that might survive the undoings on their way.

• Moderators

@The Green Knight I know very well of all the issues you talked about and how they are incessantly shoved in our faces from all sides. I haven't watched TV in years nor let my family watch it save for Ammi watching the news which I also have to ask her sometimes to switch channels but what I have said so many times on SC in the past and I will say it again because it is comforting to me and that is , we know this was going to happen! We know the humanity is going to go haywire as time goes on. We know this world is a place of test for everyone but the believers are going to be tested even harder. So why not accept this once for all and give yourself a pat on the back for still holding on to your religion despite people attacking your faith right, left and centre. Say a prayer of thanks for not being among those who sold their souls for worldly gains. Be grateful for not being among the oppressors and unjust. Allah has promised He will take care of the all oppressors and unjust and fitna creators so unless we have doubts about Him not doing his job properly (which we don't) we don't need to worry. 

My point of view is whether you live in Finalnd or Iraq or Antarctica your objective is the same ,to obey and submit to Allah, and as long as I am able to do that I don't care which annoying pest is flying around buzzing in my ears. Yes, it's going to be very irritating but since the pest killing aerosol is only with Imam Zamana(عليه السلام) for now I will try the irritating gnat doesn't bite me or distract me in my worship. 

• Veteran Member

It means you have constructed an outer shell which is working for you. I am happy for you. Me? Things just get to me sometimes. Sometimes I do things that no one else does and they make me think of my children and stop even though I do them for a better world to live in for them. Like standing up to and confronting an evil oppressor. I wish I was stoic, neutral, and not chaotic. I wish I was not so sensitive. Sometimes I wish I was born in a different time and place, I know that is wrong because Allah is Just and decided I should be here. I meet so many people and I wish I knew others who would want to fix the world we live in, fix a road not repaired since a decade on our own for instance. It pains me to see the poor being walked over and being drowned deeper into poverty. I wish the world did not lie so much, that America could actually leave the planet, mine fuel from moon, asteroids, the solar system, wherever, leave it alone. Colonize a planet or whole galaxy for the Zionists. Why should the rest of the world pay for the greeds of the few. Why are children killed in these darwinian wars of survival of the fittest and crusades of acquisition. So shameful being part of humanity. We did not change, in fact we have devolved and gone beneath animals, lost all compassion, fighting nature itself.

Why did Hussain (عليه السلام) not just move away, to Finland or some place? Islam would have died? No, only a few Arab Shias would have not been. He would have been literally worshiped elsewhere in the world like India. Why did he make a stand then and there against impossible odds? The message he has left for us as his sunnah, I wish we could grasp it, get closure on it. I wish I could also put on a noha and rock all day and not think anything. Wear a zulfiqar necklace and feel saved. Have not a care in a world, be a mallang.

I am sorry I am ranting so much all the time these days. I don't know why.

• Veteran Member
On 12/24/2020 at 11:39 PM, starlight said:

...and how they are incessantly shoved in our faces from all sides. I haven't watched TV in years nor let my family watch it

Put your tea aside, please uhty.

So l had the TV on in the background and this feminist dribble in diatribe, PBS' To the Contrary, comes on. l don't have the remote handy so l tried to ignore it. Finally, l couldn't stomach it anymore, so l went and found he remote, checked the time -11 minutes into the program- and then muted the damn thing.

The filth mongering guest was serpentizing this "there are cognitive benefits" by combating gender roles in small children. She talked about an experiment done with small children, "dressing them the same", giving them the same toys, baking cookies together, teaching them all "mommy roles", and such. 

Yep, she was sickening. l did a search. Her name is Lisa S. Davis. A 'stomachable' short summary of her 'new' moral-degenerating manual is here:  https://www.northshire.com/event/lisa-selin-davis-tomboy-surprising-history-and-future-girls-who-dare-be-different 

OPINE: Personally, l find the worse psychological thing to do to a small girl is to call her and/or dress her as "princess." That, is a bad identity-idea to put into her head, lMH0.

• Moderators
On 12/26/2020 at 4:41 AM, The Green Knight said:

It means you have constructed an outer shell which is working for you.

For my family yes, I will try my best not to expose them to this contemptible world with all its vices for as long as I can. For myself no, it isn't possible and I am not sure if I even wish for it to be that way. 

This dunya is oppressive and unjust and brutal but our faith in Almighty and love for Ahlulbayt is a strength that no evil can ever overcome. 

Just like you said Allah chose this time and place for me, so now I have a choice as to how I live my life. I don't want to spend my life in an acquiescent manner and just passively wait for my time to end, nor do I want to put on rose tinted glasses and tell myself injustice doesn't exist. If Allah bestowed me with faith and love for Ahlulbayt (عليه السلام) then it's now my duty to find the strength and resilience within myself to look this wretched world in the eye. 

Lots of times we aren't in the fitting position to help people around us.The least (or probably the best if we look at it another way)we can do is to pray for them. We never know whose tongue holds the sanctified acceptance. One sincere dua can reinstate someone's contorted destiny. Allah's Mercy is infinite. He mends the broken and comforts the inconsolable in ways we cannot imagine. 

Why should the rest of the world pay for the greeds of the few.

They traded the eternal Akhirah for the temporary dunya. The oppressed and oppressor are both passing through a temporary phase.

I wish I was stoic, neutral, and not chaotic. I wish I was not so sensitive.

Be thankful that Allah has not hardened your heart to the sufferings of others and be grateful that you are in a position where you can try to make a difference to even one person's life. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Veteran Member

ln four days, former Vice-President Biden will be sworn in as the 46th President of the United States.

lnstead of an lnaugural Parade, there will be an lnaugural Guard.

So far, 21,000 Nat'l Guardsmen and 10,000+ Law Enforcement.

And the swearing-in by Oath of Office will be a "virtual ceremony."

Sad, l think.

As the country enters an Era of lLL-Feelings,

and thousands of Hondurans now joining other illegals to enter

the U.S. through an uncompleted Border Barrier,

further fractionalization is transpiring.

One, is the NRA, the National Rifle Association, has declared bankruptcy.

This is a legal maneuver.

Founded 150 years ago in 1871 as a non-profit in the State of New York,

and headquartered in the State of Virginia,

the NRA will now re-organize as a non-profit in the State of Texas.

ln a press release, https://www.nraforward.org/press-release ,the NRA states,

"By exiting New York, where the NRA has been incorporated for approximately 150 years, 

the NRA abandons a state where elected officials have weaponized the legal and regulatory

powers they wield to penalize the Association and its members for purely political purposes.

ln the summer of 2018, then Attorney General candidate Letitia James vowed that, if elected,

she would use the powers of her office to investigate the "legitimacy" of the NRA."

This reflects only one of the divisions in this country.

Foreclosure rates have been rising since last Summer.

Police gun-down individuals, but make few arrests at riots.

State governors closed down people's work, and then do not

adequately compensate employees for depriving them of the right 

"to sell their labor" under the 14th Amendment.

And so on.

So Biden has a lot of obstacles to overcome.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/15/nra-bankruptcy-459810 

Edited by hasanhh
clarification