Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Hadith/Quote for the day

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salaamunalaikum brothers and sisters, 

Hope all well.

This thread would be aiming at providing a Hadith/Qawl/Quote from the masoomeen everyday. 

The content that would be provided will be authentic and completely sahih without a question or a doubt. 

Note:

1. This thread is not for any kind of discussion/debate or questioning. But if their is a question it should strictly specific to the content. 

2. Question regarding the authenticity of the hadith shouldn't be their. Although, I will try to provide the ref but if it's not their, you can ask for it.

3. Although, I will add a hadith or Qawl everyday but if someone has such content relative to this, he can post it.

4. Long discussions won't be allowed, just short questioning that too strictly within the context. For a broad discussion, you can message me in chat. 

The purpose of this thread is solely to pass the messages of guidance from Allah, the All Mighty, The Holy Prophet (SAWW) and The Ahl ul Bayt (عليه السلام) who are undoubtedly the best sources of guidance.

• Advanced Member

Narrated from Abdullah ibn Muskan who narrates from Abi Abdullah (Imam) al Sadiq (عليه السلام) 

He said : Surely Allah, The Blessed and Elevated characterized the holy prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) with Makarem al Akhlaq.
There are ten instances stated by Imam al Sadiq for Prophet's (SAWW) Makarem al Akhlaq :
1. Al-Yaqeen (Certainty) 
2. Al-Qanat (Contentment) 
3. Sabr (Steadfastness) 
4. Shukr (Gratefulness) 
5. Hilm (Forbearance) 
6. Husn al Khulk (Good Manners) 
7. Sekha (Magnanimity) 
8. Ghayrah (Honor) 
9. Shuja'ah (Courage) 
10. Muruah (Bravery)

For the complete Hadith, check the below link:

• Advanced Member

Imam Jaffer As Sadiq (عليه السلام) says: 

Once our hand is shortened from this world, we won't be able to arrange any kind of reward and find it prepared for us except through three actions: 

Charity that is lasting (Sadaqa e Jariya) 

A tradition of guidance which he establishes

Nurturing a righteous child who seeks forgiveness on behalf of you

Compete hadith :

• Advanced Member

Understanding of death. A hadith by Imam Ali (عليه السلام) that says, If you even count tomorrow in your life span, your understanding of death is flawed. For complete Hadith and explanation refer to the video

Edited by Zainuu
  • Advanced Member

Salaam, 

From Imam Jaffer as Sadiq (عليه السلام) from his father from his forefathers: The Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said :

Practice repentence and returning from bad behavior causes Allah to reliquish his (man's) previous sins

Complete hadith:

• Advanced Member

Anas ibn Malik from The Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) :

Accept these 6 things and we will accept paradise as a reward for you:

Do not Lie
Do not break a promise
Honesty (in all subjects of life) 
Do not perform Haram acts
Control your desires
Protect your tongue and Hand (have control)

• Advanced Member

From Imam Jaffer as Sadiq (عليه السلام), who narrated from his father, who narrated from his ancestors (عليه السلام), who heard from Amir al Momineen Imam Ali (عليه السلام) :

One who is able to implement these three things, all the blessings are within it:

Sight

Silence

Speech

Complete Hadith with explanation:

• Advanced Member

From Imam Jaffer ibn Muhammad as Sadiq (عليه السلام), who heard from his father, who heard from his forefathers to Imam Ali (عليه السلام) that:

The Messenger of Allah says,"A believer (Momin) has 7 rights upon another believer (Momin) that are Wajib from Allah:

1. Honor him in your eyes
2. Love for him in your heart
3. Help him with your wealth
4. Prevent his backbiting
5. When he becomes sick, visit him
6. Even after death, don't keave him alone
7. Don't say anything about him after his death, except good

Full explanation:

• Advanced Member

From Abdullah ibn Maimoon, from Al Sadiq (عليه السلام), from his father and forefathers,"The Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) says:

Everyone who travels the path in order to acquire knowledge, Allah — The Exalted — places them on a path which leads to paradise."

• Advanced Member

The Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) says in his will to Imam Ali (عليه السلام) :

"And the recitation of Qur'an has been made obligatory upon you in every circumstance."

Full Hadith with explanation below:

• Advanced Member

From Al Kafi and Tahzeeb ul Ahkaam, Narrated by Imam Jaffer as Sadiq (AS):

The Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) says in his will to Imam Ali (عليه السلام) :

"O Ali (عليه السلام)! I advice you for Truthfulness."

Full Hadith with explanation below:

• Advanced Member

From the will of the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) to Amir al Mo'mineen (عليه السلام) :

Act according to my Sunnah in these three things — Salaat, Fasting, Charity.

Full Hadith with explanation:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Imām al-Ṣādiq (A) says: "Anyone who performs a small act for the sake of Allāh, Allāh will make the deed greater than the person had intended. And anyone who performs a great act for the sake of people, Allāh will make it trivial in the sight of others."

• Advanced Member

Someone once came to the Holy Prophet (S) asking for the interpretation of the following verse of the Qurʾān:
Say: I am only a mortal like you; it is revealed to me that your god is one Allāh, therefore whoever hopes to meet his Lord, he should do good deeds, and not join anyone in the service of his Lord. [18:110]
The Holy Prophet (S) replied that this refers to physically worshipping Allāh (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), yet with the intention to show off to others:
“Anyone who prays to show off is a mushrik (someone who associates partners with Allāh, i.e. a polytheist); anyone who gives alms to show off is a mushrik; anyone who fasts to show off is a mushrik; anyone who sets out for Ḥajj (pilgrimage) to show off is a mushrik; anyone who performs any duty which Allāh has commanded to show off is a mushrik; and Allāh will never accept the work of him/her who shows off.”

• Advanced Member

Part of what Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) says to the Holy Messenger :

"And the third, the fear of Allah ((سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)); whose Dhikr is the highest."

Full Hadith with explanation:

• Advanced Member

In Al-Kafi, Mas'ada ibn Sadaqa narrates from Imam as Sadiq (عليه السلام) :

Imam al Sadiq (عليه السلام) said to his companions one day :

"Do not verbally hurt by showing them their faults, one who comes towards you with Mawaddat. (great love)"

Full Hadith :

• Advanced Member

In Al-Kafi, from Imam as Sadiq (عليه السلام) :

"One who wakes up in a state where he has no intention to oppress anyone, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) forgives them all of the sins of that day."

Full Hadith :

• Advanced Member

Narrated Jabir ibn Samura: I heard the Prophet (s) saying: "There will be Twelve Commanders." He then said a sentence which I did not hear. My father said, the Prophet added, "All of them will be from Quraysh."[Sahih al-Bukhari (English), Hadith: Volume 9 Book 89 Hadith 329, Kitabul Ahkam; Sahih al-Bukhari, (Arabic), 4:165, Kitabul Ahkam]

The Prophet (s) said: "The Religion (Islam) will continue until the Hour (Day of Resurrection), having Twelve Caliphs for you, all of them will be from Quraysh." [Sahih Muslim, (English), Chapter DCCLIV, v3, p1010, Tradition #4483; Sahih Muslim (Arabic), Kitab al-Imaara, 1980 Saudi Arabian Edition, v3, p1453, Tradition #10]

The Holy Prophet (S) said:

"The affairs of the people will continue to be conducted (well) as long as they are governed by the twelve men, all of them from Quraysh."
"This religion remains standing until there are twelve vicegerents over you, all of them agreeable to the nation, all of them from Quraysh."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Veteran Member

Abu Abdullah (عليه السلام) said: ‘O Hafs! The status of the word within myself (عليه السلام) is nothing except for the corpse. If I am forced into it, I would eat from it. O Hafs! Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) Blessed and Exalted Knows what the servants are doing, and to what they are ending up to. But, He (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) Forbears from them during their evil deeds for what has preceded in His (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) Knowledge, therefore do not let the beauty of the seeker, from those who do not fear the death, deceive you’.

Then he (عليه السلام) recited His (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) Words: That is the House of the Hereafter [28:83] – the Verse, and went on to cry, and he was saying: ‘By Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)! My aspirations are gone, with this Verse’. Then he said: ‘By Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)! The righteous have succeeded. Do you know who they are? They are the ones who are not harming even a particle. The fear of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) suffices knowledge, and delusion suffices the ignorance.

O Hafs! He (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) Forgives seventy sins of the ignorant before He (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) Forgives one sin of the knowledgeable one. The one who learns, and acquires knowledge, and acts in accordance with what he has learnt, is referred to as great in the Kingdoms of the skies, for it is said: ‘He learnt for the sake of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), and acted for the Sake of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), and taught for the Sake of Allah ((سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى))’’.

I said, ‘May I be sacrificed for you (عليه السلام)! What is the limit of the ascetism in the world?’ He (عليه السلام) said: ‘Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has Defined its Limit in His (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) Book, so the Mighty and Majestic Said: So that you may not despair over what has escaped you, nor be happy with what has been Given to you [57:23]. The most knowledgeable of the people with Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is the one who is the most fearing for the Sake of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), and the most fearing he is the most knowledgeable he would be, and the most knowledgeable he is, the more ascetic he would be’. 

The man said, ‘O son (عليه السلام) of Rasool-Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم), Advise me’. So he (عليه السلام) said: ‘Fear Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) wherever you may be, for you are not alone’.

And Abu Abdullah (عليه السلام) said as well regarding His (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) Words: exalt themselves in the 

land nor make mischief [28:83], said: ‘The exalting – the nobility, and the mischief – the edifice’ – (The root being, (with) the women)’. 

Tafseer al Qummi 2:146

• Veteran Member

Remember that this world which you covet so ardently and attempt to acquire so earnestly, and which sometimes annoys you and sometimes pleases you so much, is neither your home nor a permanent destination. You have not been created for it, nor invited to it as your resting-place. It shall neither remain with you for ever, nor will you remain in it eternally. If it has enticed you away with its charrns, it has also warned and cautioned you of real dangers lurking in its folds. Take account of the warnings it has given you and do not be seduced or deceived by its allurements. Let these warnings frighten you from being too greedy to possess it. Try to advance towards the place where you are invited for eternal bliss and turn your face away from the vicious world.

Imam ‘Ali ibn Abi Talib (عليه السلام), from Nahjul Balagha, the Peak of Eloquence.

https://www.al-islam.org/articles/various-sayings-imam-ali-ibn-abi-talib