Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

313 ???

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Hi I'm not a Muslim and have a question about Shia Islam.

Many of you on this site use 313 in your 'name' and talk about 313 or 313th.

Could someone explain in layman's language what it means and what the significance of the number is.

Thanks

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) make us all part of those 313. May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) make the Imams Companions more than 313, 1 BILLION InshAllah.

Definitely they will need money and financial support. And during the transition, and even after the victory, all the skills that you mentioned will be more than vital for success. Women are generally

thank you soo much brother!!! you have no idea how happy youre words made me, thats why i will do a special dua tonight for you and @Zainuuofcource i will not forget your'e families too!!..

• Advanced Member

Hello, 

So basically, we say that when Jesus and the 12th Imam will come again. They will have an army of 313 most pious people ever who will be just as loyal and brave as the 72 soldiers in Karbala ( I assume you know the story).

Of course those 313 will not be the only ones in their army but the 313 will be the top commanders and generals.

We in shia Islam wait for the reappearance of the 12th Imam along with Jesus and while waiting we strive to be one of the 313.

Hope it helps~

• Advanced Member

As others have said, the 313 will be the best Muslims in existence and will be generals of the imams army. It also said that these 313 will be the last true Muslims of the world prior to the re-arrival of the 12th imam. I have also heard a scholar saying 60 of these 313 will be women. 

All Muslims children grow up with their mothers encouraging them to strive to be one of them.

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, Justsomeone said:

Hello, 

So basically, we say that when Jesus and the 12th Imam will come again. They will have an army of 313 most pious people ever who will be just as loyal and brave as the 72 soldiers in Karbala ( I assume you know the story).

Of course those 313 will not be the only ones in their army but the 313 will be the top commanders and generals.

We in shia Islam wait for the reappearance of the 12th Imam along with Jesus and while waiting we strive to be one of the 313.

Hope it helps~

i was wondering why/how it's the case that only 313 of the 2 billion people awaiting the imam will join him?

• Advanced Member
On 11/9/2020 at 5:12 PM, Justsomeone said:

72 soldiers in Karbala ( I assume you know the story).

thanks all for these helpful answers - Yes I know the story of Karbala.  Looking back to past events can be an inspiration and a challenge.  Looking forward to future glory can also inspire us to live upright and godly lives.

In the Injil when Jesus the Messiah talks about his return it is more in terms of judgment rather than warfare.

See Matthew Chapter 24

30 ‘Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory. 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

In the Injil when Jesus the Messiah talks about his return it is more in terms of judgment rather than warfare.

Oh... so he will return on the day of judgment? Interesting...

In shiism we say that he will first spread the truth across the earth and his close campanions will be with him in this mission. But the ennemies or dajjal ( which is the anti-christ I guess) will come in the way and the Imam will have to battle him.

So, warfare is just in case of contingency I guess but the goal is to spread justice just like in Karbala.

I hope you didn't misunderstand this... I just wanted to clarify it

Edited by Justsomeone
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

This has been interesting and helpful - I see that the 313 people will be pious people.  Both men and women.

How do you prepare to be among this group?  I agree with @zahralzu why only 313?

I too have the desire to be ready for the return of Jesus the Messiah.  The Bible doesn't teach that the number of people will be limited but gives a challenge for the type of life we should be living.

That you may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ. (Philipians Chapter 1:10)

Jesus the Messiah told some stories about being prepared see this one about 10 bridesmaids.  May we be among those ready for The Lords return!

The parable of the ten virgins

25 ‘At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. Five of them were foolish and five were wise. The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps. The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.

‘At midnight the cry rang out: “Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!”  ‘Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. The foolish ones said to the wise, “Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.”  ‘“No,” they replied, “there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.”

10 ‘But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.  11 ‘Later the others also came. “Lord, Lord,” they said, “open the door for us!”  12 ‘But he replied, “Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.”

13 ‘Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.

• Advanced Member
On 11/9/2020 at 10:08 PM, Dave follower of The Way said:

Many of you on this site use 313 in your 'name' and talk about 313 or 313th.

313 of Mehdi (عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) are like 72 of Hussain (عليه السلام).

The most pious of men. 

• Advanced Member
On 11/10/2020 at 7:07 AM, zahralzu said:

was wondering why/how it's the case that only 313 of the 2 billion people awaiting the imam will join him?

On 11/20/2020 at 12:44 AM, Zainuu said:

Salaam, 

The number 313 doesn't mean that all others will be the enemies of Imam (عليه السلام). 

May Allah include all of us somehow in the 313 but this number is concerned with the extremely devoted ones who won't bat an eyelash while sacrificing for Islam. 

As Sheikh Saadi (a legendary persian poet) says:

"I will not bat an eyelash if you strike me with arrows and spears"

Even when Imam will come, he will rule and their will be people in his time too. They all will not be pure. Only 313 will not stand with him. There will be those who will not leave him by any means. 

So, their will be people devoted and pious. Good and bad too. But who will be closest to him are only 313.

We all should try to enter that list and forget about this count. If we give our best with pure intentions, Allah will include us even if the list is complete.

Surely, Allah is greater than what we cannot even think

• Moderators
On 11/9/2020 at 3:05 PM, smma said:

As others have said, the 313 will be the best Muslims in existence and will be generals of the imams army. It also said that these 313 will be the last true Muslims of the world prior to the re-arrival of the 12th imam. I have also heard a scholar saying 60 of these 313 will be women. 

All Muslims children grow up with their mothers encouraging them to strive to be one of them.

Can you please post your source for this, i.e. that 60 will be women. I am not saying this is not possible, but from what I know these will be generals in the army. As generals are called to fight, military jihad, and this type of fighting is forbidden for women, I can't see how 60 of the 313 will be women. Of course, I might be wrong about the fact that the 313 will be military generals, but this is what I have heard. 

Of course, we know that many of the supporters of Imam Zaman(a.f.s) will be women. But they will not be on the frontlines fighting, as this is not part of the Sharia for them to participate in this role. 

Edited by Abu Hadi
  • Advanced Member
1 minute ago, Abu Hadi said:

Can you please post your source for this, i.e. that 60 will be women. I am not saying this is not possible, but from what I know these will be generals in the army. As generals are called to fight, military jihad, and this type of fighting is forbidden for women, I can't see how 60 of the 313 will be women. Of course, I might be wrong about the fact that the 313 will be military generals, but this is what I have heard. 

I don't have any source, i saw a scholar  saying this in a TV majlis broadcast

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, smma said:

I don't have any source, i saw a scholar  saying this in a TV majlis broadcast

OK. We should be careful about posting things like this without sources. It may lead to misunderstandings. I am not trying to criticize you, and I have done this myself in the past, but I went back and corrected my own posts. 

As for the 313, everything I have read said they will be generals, commanders of the army and each will have many men under their command. Some numbers I have seen are hundreds of thousands to millions. These will be the fighters who will fight against and defeat the Kufar and Munafiqeen and bring about the victory of Imam((عليه السلام)) once and for all over the enemies of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and Rasoulallah(p.b.u.h).  Most of these commanders will not be Arab(Ajami), but some will be. They will be from every corner of the world and will be the ones of the highest quality of Iman and Taqwa out of all the inhabitants of the earth at that time and they will be absolutely obedient to the Imam((عليه السلام)), and this is their main quality. 

They will gather in Mecca around the Kaaba after the Sayhat (the call from the Sky) where Imam will announce himself to the entire world at once, each in their own language. May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) bring this about very soon. After that they will gather their forces, who will come from all over the world and commence the final battle which will happen in stages. 

Edited by Abu Hadi
On 11/10/2020 at 6:37 AM, zahralzu said:

i was wondering why/how it's the case that only 313 of the 2 billion people awaiting the imam will join him?

There are harder stations to bear for any of us. If you know the toll of responsibility over the shoulders of 313, you and I will think that it be better we sink right into earth. We are like glass, forget once. They are like Iron forged by circumstances and hardships, some of them become old before their age but yet their responsibilities require them to be strong. 

Positions are not acquired without sacrifices, I will not to ask Allah (عزّ وجلّ) to make me 313 but one of loyal servant of 313 without any difficulty and trials. Because you haven't heard awful cries at night and shivering bodies. It is not easy to become 313, if you wish and pray to be 313 then prepare yourself for tough recruitment stage. 

@Dave follower of The Way

Ok, I asked a teacher about the attributes and merits of 313. So, here is some what I got any one interested please fasten your seat belts and follow them as much as you can if you want to be 313 or at least near them.

So, I asked what are 313. My teacher said that Imam Ali (عليه السلام) said: "They will be like Mountains unshakeable against unruly winds of oppression". He further said that Imams said they will be humble in worship and pray at nights and Lion in the day and hardworkers at day. Each of them consider the other one of 313 as nobler and each of them will consider creation of Allah (عزّ وجلّ) nobler than them but will serve them as servants. However, they consider that Allah (عزّ وجلّ) had made them servants of Imam and creation, so whoever goes against Imam who is Allah (عزّ وجلّ) appointed manager, they will treat them with strictness and will not be easy on them lest Imam ((عليه السلام)) punish them for whoever is punished by Imam will be as if punished by Allah (عزّ وجلّ) and by that way want to save them by harsh punishment. 

Each of them would love the other 313, but fear that those who have higher authority may not be affected by calamity that he would have to replace him and his burden is to be borne by him because you know Imam Mehdi (عليه السلام) is Treasure of Allah (عزّ وجلّ) and to save him requires best of the best and all of them would fear that it may not happen that they be negligent and Allah (عزّ وجلّ) becomes angry on them. They all will try their best and Allah (عزّ وجلّ) would help them but like I said they know the burden and that is why they will not wish for more responsibility. 

It is due to this that they will be specially chosen by Allah (عزّ وجلّ). Listening to that I made Tobah and I said to my teacher I am good as normal human being. I will be guard of one of 313 or maintain his stable and his horses.

:hahaha:

Now, who want to be 313 ?

• Advanced Member
10 minutes ago, Strange Samurai said:

please tell me who want to be among 313?

Salaam

I don't see any need to deny this desire. 

I also heard a scholar who agreed to all these attributes that you said above. But they will be from among us 'normal men'. If I say that I want to stay a normal person then even if Allah has destined such a position for me, he will deny that to me. 

Our objective should be the best one without making assumptions or getting away from this. 

The attributes of 313 should instead bring motivation to us. It should burn us from inside so that we become more devoted to this path.

We should compare our present with these attributes and should become more devout in our prayers to Allah and in our actions for Allah. 

This is a desire. Let us do whatever it takes. Allah knows the rest. 

May Allah bless you and give you the spirit to work for these attributes. 

• Advanced Member
26 minutes ago, Strange Samurai said:

What do you guys think, and please tell me who want to be among 313?

why did i not got tagged?? 

yes i want to join to, inshallah

• Advanced Member
26 minutes ago, Strange Samurai said:

@Ansur Shiat Ali @Justsomeone @Abu Hadi @smma @dragonxx @Zainuu @Syed Haider Sher @zahralzu

of course the desire is there.

realistically though i will try to bring about children in future generations who will inshallah be of such position, as i don't feel i will ever be that good, though i will try anyway

it's sort of like trying to be like the imams ((عليه السلام)) but knowing that can never happen. That should not stop you from striving towards perfection because that shows a struggle in desire for nearness to Allah.

30 minutes ago, Zainuu said:

Salaam

I don't see any need to deny this desire. 

I also heard a scholar who agreed to all these attributes that you said above. But they will be from among us 'normal men'. If I say that I want to stay a normal person then even if Allah has destined such a position for me, he will deny that to me. 

Our objective should be the best one without making assumptions or getting away from this. 

The attributes of 313 should instead bring motivation to us. It should burn us from inside so that we become more devoted to this path.

We should compare our present with these attributes and should become more devout in our prayers to Allah and in our actions for Allah. 

This is a desire. Let us do whatever it takes. Allah knows the rest. 

May Allah bless you and give you the spirit to work for these attributes. 

24 minutes ago, F.M said:

why did i not got tagged?? 

yes i want to join to, inshallah

22 minutes ago, dragonxx said:

of course the desire is there.

realistically though i will try to bring about children in future generations who will inshallah be of such position, as i don't feel i will ever be that good, though i will try anyway

it's sort of like trying to be like the imams ((عليه السلام)) but knowing that can never happen. That should not stop you from striving towards perfection because that shows a struggle in desire for nearness to Allah.

Masha-Allah, you all are brave, Insha-Allah, Allah (عزّ وجلّ) make you one among the helper of Imam Mehdi (عليه السلام) so do remember me when you have become and recommend my name as well please. I would like to serve my Imam ((عليه السلام)) too, the bringer of justice, the protector of oppressed, the eliminator of ignorance and the bringer of easiness. May Allah (عزّ وجلّ) help us all for the sake of Ahlebait (عليه السلام) to serve him and die as Momin for the sake of Ahlebait (عليه السلام). Please do make prayer for me as well. You all have encouraged me and gave me inspiration. Masha-Allah.

• Advanced Member
On 11/28/2020 at 6:30 AM, Abu Hadi said:

Can you please post your source for this, i.e. that 60 will be women.

Number of Women

''Women are included among the companions of Imam al-Mahdi (a). However, hadiths vary in their exact number. Mufaddal b. 'Umar narrates from Imam al-Sadiq (a) that there will be 13 women present with the Qa'im (a). Their duties would be treating wounds and nursing the ill.[16] In other hadiths, the names of nine women are mentioned while in still other hadiths their number is said to be fifty;[17] yet in other hadiths their number appears to be more than that.[18] hadiths that mention more than 9 women to be present among the companions appear to be those who shall accompany the Imam (a) after his uprising.''

16. Ḥurr al-ʿĀmilī, Ithbāt al-hudāt, vol. 3, p. 75; Ṭabarī, Dālāʾil al-imāma, p. 259.

17. Nuʿmānī, al-Ghayba, p. 279.

18. Ibn Ḥammād, al-Fitan, p. 151.

''Ja’far al-Ju’afi narrates from Imam Muhammad al-Baqir (peace be upon him): “The Mahdi will rise up…along with 313 men and fifty women without any previous arrangement among themselves, like separate clouds clustering in the sky, one after another. This is the meaning of the verse where Allah says, ‘Wherever you may be, Allah will gather you together. Allah is capable of all things.’ (2:148) They will pledge their allegiance to the Mahdi between the Black Stone (of the Ka’bah) and the Station of Ibrahim, and the Mahdi will rise up with them from Mecca.” (Bihar al-Anwar)

Source: The Role of Women in the Government of Imam Mahdi – Islamic Insights

It appears that the Imam will have companions that are women, however, they're a separate faction from the 313 generals.

Edited by Mohammad313Ali
9 minutes ago, Mohammad313Ali said:

Number of Women

''Women are included among the companions of Imam al-Mahdi (a). However, hadiths vary in their exact number. Mufaddal b. 'Umar narrates from Imam al-Sadiq (a) that there will be 13 women present with the Qa'im (a). Their duties would be treating wounds and nursing the ill.[16] In other hadiths, the names of nine women are mentioned while in still other hadiths their number is said to be fifty;[17] yet in other hadiths their number appears to be more than that.[18] hadiths that mention more than 9 women to be present among the companions appear to be those who shall accompany the Imam (a) after his uprising.''

16. Ḥurr al-ʿĀmilī, Ithbāt al-hudāt, vol. 3, p. 75; Ṭabarī, Dālāʾil al-imāma, p. 259.

17. Nuʿmānī, al-Ghayba, p. 279.

18. Ibn Ḥammād, al-Fitan, p. 151.

It can be a mistake in writing, which I think can be ignored brother. Isn't it?

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Strange Samurai said:

@Ansur Shiat Ali @Justsomeone @Abu Hadi @smma @dragonxx @Zainuu @Syed Haider Sher @zahralzu

Well I've always thought the 313 would be at the level of Ayatullah Bahjat (rh), so.... it's quite hard but it's good to keep a high goal for yourself so you can reach at least half of it I guess...

1 minute ago, Justsomeone said:

Well I've always thought the 313 would be at the level of Ayatullah Bahjat (rh), so.... it's quite hard but it's good to keep a high goal for yourself so you can reach at least half of it I guess...

Yes, and, may be that these Ayotullah's are means for those 313 to be become what they are destined for. Imam Jafar al Sadiq (عليه السلام) said for Ulemas of school of Ahlebait (عليه السلام): "Our Ulemas will be even above the Prophets of Bani Israel". Some what like it. So, you never know about place of our Ulemas.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Mohammad313Ali said:

hat there will be 13 women present with the Qa'im (a). Their duties would be treating wounds and nursing the ill.[

WOW, sooo there wil be nurses in his army too:woot:

• Advanced Member
10 hours ago, Strange Samurai said:

anyone would want to be among the 313, they will be the 1st to Help Imam al Mahdi (عليه السلام)

13 hours ago, F.M said:

WOW, sooo there wil be nurses in his army too:woot:

My teacher said not to take it literal on the ground that injuries are of two types spiritual and physical. One of the spiritual injury is doubt in faith and it is only treated by one who is guided by Allah (عزّ وجلّ) in religion. That's why scholars are also called doctors in religion.