Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

My younger sister has same-sex attraction

Rate this topic

Guest AnonyMouse

• Advanced Member
7 minutes ago, Zainuu said:

Here below you assumed that my advice was based on forcing her into marriage:

Yeah, because if you say that OP should tell his parents, knowing that OP thinks his parents will probably force their daughter into marriage, then...

9 minutes ago, Zainuu said:

To which I said that informing parents can also be an option. 

It's not an option. If there's a good chance they'll force their daughter into marriage, it's definitely not an option.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Walaikum as salam brother I suppose you could distinguish to her the difference between having a desire and acting on it. Rather than focusing on her attraction, it's important to emphasize that

I don't know why anybody is taking this Randle character seriously, he is undermining the severe sin of same-sex relations and the fact that it can lead to capital punishment under an Islamic system o

Your sister is in her early twenties, you can't make decisions for her or live her life. You can simply advise her, if she refuses to listen to you, it's on her. Welcome to the real world my frie

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Zainuu said:

And it might not be correct for you, but parents should have the knowledge about their child of whatever she is doing. And their is nothing wrong in informing the parents because they are her guardians and they will think better for her. 

I disagree. Parents have a different mindset and views, therefore most of the advice they give tends to be flawed. For example a child would refuse to do medicine and not tell their parents that they're interested in something else because they'd know that they would still be forced to do what they want. As for the OP, if he knows that telling them may cause her to go back to India then he shouldn't inform them of anything.

5 hours ago, gayboyanon said:

That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

Then tell me how does it work and why is Allah so strict on homosexuals and same sex marriage. this isn’t something that’s made up, if Islam is clearly against it, and for some reason you still have many young Muslims who’ve been influenced say that it’s not haram, where’s the evidence? Sure they may say its not haram to be gay without acting upon those sins, but to actively support it? Its not allowed in Islam periodt. Explain to me why Allah is very strict on this matter.

With regards to the story of prophet Lut, yes it may seem offensive but the difference here is that they were engaging in sexual acts, so it wasn’t just that they were 'born' gay, they were simply just bored and curious and wanted something to fulfill their desires. Also those people were not even considered homosexuals, they had wives, kids and family. Yes, I know that there are families nowadays whose father or mother is gay, but we're talking here about the middle ages. Homosexuality wasn't even a thing until the late 19th century. Of course Lut advised them not to engage in those acts and turn to Allah, but they were idol worshippers so they never listened. 

Yes, they are. The homophobia is. The bullying is. You can't belittle the struggle that gay people go through. It's genuinely so naive. Or ignorant.

I agree, but they have more basic human rights nowadays in comparison to Muslims and hijabis for example and that’s a fact. We live in the 21st century and I’m not disagreeing that they still face abuse or bullying but they still have more rights than they ever did before. 

It's not. The number of people coming out are more, because, you know, they're not being killed for being gay.

You do realise that there are people who consider themselves a part of the LGBTQ+ community out of confusion? So yes they can get influenced, and this isn't some false information, I've seen and I've followed some reverts, one girl thought at a stage in her life she was bisexual, another sister thought she was gay but wasn't, if you look at the US, there is a significant number of transgender individuals who regret going through transition only to realise they were confused and grew up in an abusive home. So yes, environmental factors that they surround themselves with have a major impact as to how they feel.

Also, LGBTQ+ has placed a bad image on our religion. Take a look at Canada for example, not only did they create a mosque for them, but they also freely allow a woman to be an imam, women and men do not have to be segregated and can pray next to each other, you see how people like this turn and twist Islam? Or that Somali sheikh from Australia who openly said he was gay and was misinforming the media as to how Muslims were dangerous people.

I don't blame people for being gay, I blame this twisted society and what it has lead to, not only with this situation but many others.

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

disagree. Parents have a different mindset and views, therefore most of the advice they give tends to be flawed. For example a child would refuse to do medicine and not tell their parents that they're interested in something else because they'd know that they would still be forced to do what they want. As for the OP, if he knows that telling them may cause her to go back to India then he shouldn't inform them of anything.

Your reason for disagreement is reasonable. It happens. But it's not something which should never be an option. 

What if, God forbid, the situation gets worse? What if they get to know it from other sources. 

It's better that if situation stretches then the OP informs the parents politely and discuss with them about the situation. 

If it's settled like this only then fine. 

And I pray that it should settle like this only. 

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

Then tell me how does it work and why is Allah so strict on homosexuals and same sex marriage. this isn’t something that’s made up, if Islam is clearly against it, and for some reason you still have many young Muslims who’ve been influenced say that it’s not haram, where’s the evidence? Sure they may say its not haram to be gay without acting upon those sins, but to actively support it? Its not allowed in Islam periodt. Explain to me why Allah is very strict on this matter.

That's not what I was talking about. You said that being taught that being gay was OK was turning people gay. That's the part I was saying was false.

1 hour ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

Of course Lut advised them not to engage in those acts and turn to Allah, but they were idol worshippers so they never listened. 

I understand your point that people don't use it to be offensive, but to say that to someone who's just come out to you... I've never understood how the God that says to respect all religions would kill people for being idol worshippers, or start a world flood leaving like 4 humans left. There must be some other interpretation that... But that debate's not for this forum, so... But trust me, saying it to a gay person... After how many stuff they've heard... Gay Muslims are taught to hate themselves, and the story of Lut just encourages that self-hatred, it massively damages their mental health. I'm lucky in that I knew I was gay before I knew about how much Islam hated me. Others aren't so lucky. Telling them the story of Lut... Yeah, it ain't right.

2 hours ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

We live in the 21st century and I’m not disagreeing that they still face abuse or bullying but they still have more rights than they ever did before. 

That's true for most gay people, but for gay people living in Muslim countries? And while gay Muslims in the West like me of course have it a million times easier than gay people living in Muslim countries and so much easier than gay people of the past, it's still, it's anything but easy. And worse is that Islamic communities are all about reputation. Gay Muslims, we're not just allowed to come out because it will affect us. If we come out, it will affect our whole family so maybe it's gotten better in most of the West, but it's a seriously terrible situation for gay Muslims still.

You do realise that there are people who consider themselves a part of the LGBTQ+ community out of confusion?

The minority.

Or that Somali sheikh from Australia who openly said he was gay and was misinforming the media as to how Muslims were dangerous people.

That's messed up. It just goes to show that those who have suffered end up thinking that every Muslim is like that.

• Veteran Member
15 minutes ago, gayboyanon said:

If we come out, it will affect our whole family so maybe it's gotten better in most of the West, but it's a seriously terrible situation for gay Muslims still.

With the right tools, a bad situation can turn into a good one. I always talk about terrible realities in this forum, but in my personal case, I changed my family. It started with my siblings and friends, then cousins, then mother and some of my former generation (except my father, but he's got more problems to solve than just homophobia, and he just doesn't live with us, but in Iraq). I also started talking with other people of my local community, and the younger generations.

For some, I may be indoctrinating. But the fact is that homophobia is also indoctrinated. Education shall be diverse, I don't fear people talking about the story of Lut @gayboyanon, I fear people not allowing their kids to listen to diverse voices. If the story of Lut, with its respective interpretation, is the only thing you hear, you will hate yourself to death. You grow up without tools to accept yourself. Especially gay Muslims, it's easy to feel alone in the world. Literally I used to believe I was the only gay shia in the world, heh.

I did try to change back in the day, moved to a Muslim country for two years (it was good not to experience any sort of racism, so I agree with @3wliya_maryam, islamophobia is also exhausting in the West), but it didn't change my sexuality. I don't really think context can change one's sexuality after maturity as @Zainuu seems to point. There's also no proof for this, so...

The thing is, with the right tools, gay Muslims can have a significant positive effect in our communities, probably more than anyone else, because it targets the core: families. People like me come to this forum and speak in their local Muslim communities about this topic with the hopes of bringing some tools to others like us. But the most effective change starts in families. I've seen changes in my relatives that no one could imagine it would happen. But it requires patience.

Maybe today, for OP's relative, coming out can mean the risk of a forced marriage. Patience and hard work is necessary to achieve all the power and personal freedom she can, and when she has confidence and the right tools to speak, make a change. I didn't came out of the closet without tools. I had money, had a job, had knowledge (included Islamic one), and had confidence in myself. I had no fear in my eyes. But that requires work and certain tools that not everybody has.

• Advanced Member
9 minutes ago, Bakir said:

With the right tools, a bad situation can turn into a good one. I always talk about terrible realities in this forum, but in my personal case, I changed my family. It started with my siblings and friends, then cousins, then mother and some of my former generation (except my father, but he's got more problems to solve than just homophobia, and he just doesn't live with us, but in Iraq). I also started talking with other people of my local community, and the younger generations.

For some, I may be indoctrinating. But the fact is that homophobia is also indoctrinated. Education shall be diverse, I don't fear people talking about the story of Lut @gayboyanon, I fear people not allowing their kids to listen to diverse voices. If the story of Lut, with its respective interpretation, is the only thing you hear, you will hate yourself to death. You grow up without tools to accept yourself. Especially gay Muslims, it's easy to feel alone in the world. Literally I used to believe I was the only gay shia in the world, heh.

I did try to change back in the day, moved to a Muslim country for two years (it was good not to experience any sort of racism, so I agree with @3wliya_maryam, islamophobia is also exhausting in the West), but it didn't change my sexuality. I don't really think context can change one's sexuality after maturity as @Zainuu seems to point. There's also no proof for this, so...

The thing is, with the right tools, gay Muslims can have a significant positive effect in our communities, probably more than anyone else, because it targets the core: families. People like me come to this forum and speak in their local Muslim communities about this topic with the hopes of bringing some tools to others like us. But the most effective change starts in families. I've seen changes in my relatives that no one could imagine it would happen. But it requires patience.

Maybe today, for OP's relative, coming out can mean the risk of a forced marriage. Patience and hard work is necessary to achieve all the power and personal freedom she can, and when she has confidence and the right tools to speak, make a change. I didn't came out of the closet without tools. I had money, had a job, had knowledge (included Islamic one), and had confidence in myself. I had no fear in my eyes. But that requires work and certain tools that not everybody has.

Actually, when you say it like that, Zainuu has a point. I hope that OP's sister will one day be able to come out to her parents, and even if they don't accept her, they still love her. But OP, that would take some work from you too. To slowly, I dunno, suggest the idea, or show them movies and stuff with gay characters so that your parents will be able to grow comfortable with the idea. But one thing you should never do is tell your parents yourself. That is your sister's decision whether or not to come out to them.

• Advanced Member
On 11/10/2020 at 7:20 AM, Randle McMurphy said:

I mean if she's fully 100% lesbian, there's not much you can do.

If she's bisexual, but at this stage of her life prefers women, then there is an off chance she might find a man at some stage in the future. 

Ultimately, we all sin multiple times in a lifetime. Some of us sin less, some of us sin more. This is just one sin of many that accumulate in a lifetime. You may think it's a very serious sin, she might think it's a small one. God will ultimately judge. 

As a syblling, there's not much you can do. She didn't choose to be this way.

Be aware that homosexuality has always had higher rates of suicide, depression, self harm, eating disorders, homelessness, family estrangement etc.

Be a good syblling, have mercy and look after them and realise how hard life will be for them. 

I would be very careful in saying that this just another sin that occurs in life.... Sins have different levels 

God destroyed a nation because of this vile act of homosexuality 

• Advanced Member
On 11/26/2020 at 6:03 AM, gayboyanon said:

If you tell a gay person the story of Lut, you're telling them they deserve to die, even if that's not your intention, that's what you're telling them.

NO its not! Its telling them to change for there own good or they will face the wrath of Allah. 

Kome Lut were disrespectful and they did not take words. so being gay is Taqlid al Kufr.

• Basic Members
On 11/27/2020 at 5:42 AM, gayboyanon said:
On 11/27/2020 at 3:31 AM, 3wliya_maryam said:

That's not what I was talking about. You said that being taught that being gay was OK was turning people gay. That's the part I was saying was false.

If a kid that doesnt even know how and what relationships are for, they seen guys kissing guys, girls on girls, it will 100% have an effect on them. they grow up thinking its normal and fine and its trendy, of course its gonna have effect on them? 

I understand your point that people don't use it to be offensive, but to say that to someone who's just come out to you... I've never understood how the God that says to respect all religions would kill people for being idol worshippers, or start a world flood leaving like 4 humans left. There must be some other interpretation that... But that debate's not for this forum, so... But trust me, saying it to a gay person... After how many stuff they've heard... Gay Muslims are taught to hate themselves, and the story of Lut just encourages that self-hatred, it massively damages their mental health. I'm lucky in that I knew I was gay before I knew about how much Islam hated me. Others aren't so lucky. Telling them the story of Lut... Yeah, it ain't right.

Im amazed at how you guys pick and choose what part of islam you want to follow

homosexuality is not a sin, but practicing it is a major sin. Its not gonna change no matter how much you guys try to twist it! Islam will never change and it will never condone homosexuality. Period!

homosexuals arent taught to hate themselves, gay or not, still brothers in religion but its when you practice it and condone it that we have a problem with

That's true for most gay people, but for gay people living in Muslim countries? And while gay Muslims in the West like me of course have it a million times easier than gay people living in Muslim countries and so much easier than gay people of the past, it's still, it's anything but easy. And worse is that Islamic communities are all about reputation. Gay Muslims, we're not just allowed to come out because it will affect us. If we come out, it will affect our whole family so maybe it's gotten better in most of the West, but it's a seriously terrible situation for gay Muslims still.

yeah its not just islamic countries. Countries like russia say do what you want in private but dont be doing that in public because of the effects it has on society, you dont need islam to tell you homosexuality is vile

Dr. John Sin Hock Tay in his book - born gay: examining the scientific evidence for homosexuality says 
”the claim by homosexuals that ‘I am born that way, so I cannot change’ is simply not true”

But never mind that, the biggest thing in islam is struggling in the way of Allah by avoiding haram things that you like and doing halal things which you dislike, so even if you are gay (which is not a sin) youre just gonna have to fight your desires

please stop trying to justify homosexuality practices, its vile, its wrong and will never be accepted in islam. 

• Advanced Member
11 hours ago, Yaa ALI madad said:

If a kid that doesnt even know how and what relationships are for, they seen guys kissing guys, girls on girls, it will 100% have an effect on them. they grow up thinking its normal and fine and its trendy, of course its gonna have effect on them? 

Yes, because gay people who grow up seeing straight relationships turn out to be straight. That was sarcasm by the way. I know it might be tough for you to understand that.

12 hours ago, Yaa ALI madad said:

it will never condone homosexuality

You just said homosexuality was haram. Please don't you pick and choose what parts of Islam you like just because you're homophobic.

homosexuals arent taught to hate themselves, gay or not

Yes they are. You literally just said "its vile, its wrong and will never be accepted in islam." Saying that to gay kids is absolutely disgusting, vile and despicable.

Countries like russia say do what you want in private but dont be doing that in public because of the effects it has on society, you dont need islam to tell you homosexuality is vile

Learn about context. Did you even pass primary school? The other person's argument was that gay people have it easy, and you just disproved them for me, thank you.

Dr. John Sin Hock Tay in his book - born gay: examining the scientific evidence for homosexuality says 
”the claim by homosexuals that ‘I am born that way, so I cannot change’ is simply not true”

Ah yes, we should just take everything someone says at face value. I remember when Donald Trump said "Muslims are bad" and obviously since he said it, it must be true, right? Wrong. Learn to think for yourself and learn an ounce of critical thinking. It's kind of sad that you, with the brain capacity of a 5 year old, is homophobic.

You see boys and girls, Yaa Ali Madad is the sort of user that gives all of you lot a bad name. Some of you guys are genuinely good people, while this guy has no sense of self awareness.

• Basic Members
13 hours ago, gayboyanon said:
On 11/28/2020 at 4:40 PM, Yaa ALI madad said:

Yes, because gay people who grow up seeing straight relationships turn out to be straight. That was sarcasm by the way. I know it might be tough for you to understand that.

Not when they see lads like you practicing it, and who constantly tell them its normal, there’s always gonna be people with homosexual thoughts, its not gonna help them snap out of it when they’re encouraged to

You just said homosexuality was haram. Please don't you pick and choose what parts of Islam you like just because you're homophobic.

I said the practice was haram?

Yes they are. You literally just said "its vile, its wrong and will never be accepted in islam." Saying that to gay kids is absolutely disgusting, vile and despicable.

Again, the practice is vile, wrong and will be accepted in islam. Islam has a strong stand against the practice and it will never change

Ah yes, we should just take everything someone says at face value. I remember when Donald Trump said "Muslims are bad" and obviously since he said it, it must be true, right? Wrong. Learn to think for yourself and learn an ounce of critical thinking. It's kind of sad that you, with the brain capacity of a 5 year old, is homophobic

Donald Trump is a clown, theres a huge difference when a clown says something and with a person who’s studied it and has scientific backing for it

You see boys and girls, Yaa Ali Madad is the sort of user that gives all of you lot a bad name. Some of you guys are genuinely good people, while this guy has no sense of self awareness.

I’m sorry buddy, islam isn’t gonna change it rulings and says its all good just so yous can feel better about yourselves and what yous are doing

I dont know how yous expect millions of muslims who sacrifice everything for their religion to just abandon what they believe in so yous can feel good about yourself

It’s never gonna happen

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, Yaa ALI madad said:

Not when they see lads like you practicing it, and who constantly tell them its normal, there’s always gonna be people with homosexual thoughts, its not gonna help them snap out of it when they’re encouraged to

I said the practice was haram?

Again, the practice is vile, wrong and will be accepted in islam. Islam has a strong stand against the practice and it will never change

Donald Trump is a clown, theres a huge difference when a clown says something and with a person who’s studied it and has scientific backing for it

I’m sorry buddy, islam isn’t gonna change it rulings and says its all good just so yous can feel better about yourselves and what yous are doing

I dont know how yous expect millions of muslims who sacrifice everything for their religion to just abandon what they believe in so yous can feel good about yourself

It’s never gonna happen

The only one who's vile is you.

• Advanced Member
20 hours ago, gayboyanon said:

No offence but I don't understand some of your points which make no sense and do not even align with Islam. Homosexuality will always remain outside the fold of Islam, periodt. You're telling us that you can't pick and choose what parts of Islam you like when I believe that many gay Muslims nowadays are doing the picking and choosing, just so that homosexuality is deemed acceptable in our religion. Obviously if one tries to supress their feelings thats another story, but we're talking about the practice here. But that doesn't make it an excuse to say that if someone is gay they will remain gay forever, trying to fight off their desires for the rest of their entire life, and not even try to make an attempt to change the way they feel, because it is possible. 

That's like saying Allah is unjust when he makes someone "born" gay and having to go through all that pressure and pain of fighting off their desires whilst clearly knowing that it is haram to marry the same sex in the future so they have no choice but to fight off their desires and marry someone whose opposite their gender, because only that kind of marriage is allowed in Islam. Obviously you'd believe that would be unfair, which also means that Allah is being unfair too in that case. As I mentioned previously in one of my posts, if Allah is so strict on homosexuals then why wouldn't there be a choice for them?  Why would Allah will for someone to be 'born' in a certain way, only to feel tortured later, that is what makes no sense. 

20 hours ago, gayboyanon said:

Do you want us to lie to our own kids then in the future as they grow older? If we're gonna raise our kids based on Islam, then we're gonna be teaching them every aspect. We're not gonna just pick and choose which aspect of religion that they need to be taught. And I'm talking about our own kids. We do our best to educate them, and as soon as they reach adulthood, then there's nothing else we can do at this point. The next generation is going to be very stubborn, so we try our hardest as parents to protect them from wrong doings and be the best examples, the rest is between them and Allah.

• Basic Members
3 hours ago, gayboyanon said:

The only one who's vile is you.

My aim isn’t to get you all worked up and all, but this is the belief of millions of muslims and its not gonna change, whether you think we’re all vile makes no difference to us, islam isnt gonna change even if majority of the world practices homosexuality

may Allah guide us all

• Advanced Member
On 11/27/2020 at 2:42 AM, gayboyanon said:

I've never understood how the God that says to respect all religions would kill people for being idol worshippers, or start a world flood leaving like 4 humans left. There must be some other interpretation that...

I will answer it here briefly

If you think about it, those times were filled with fitna, hatred, greed, rape, ignorance and the list goes on. It was their beliefs that made all of these things justifiable. The Prophets' purpose was to inform people about the Oneness of God to restore the humanity which was non existent in their time. Had it not been for Rasullulah (sawas), raping women and burying daughters alive would still be a norm, but Islam put an end to it. People were not willing to stand towards the truth even though it was infront of their eyes. So Allah punished them for their ignorance.

Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) informed us to respect all religions, except in an act of war. If a religion was to fight off Muslims for example, we cannot sit back and let that happen. Idol worshippers were ignorant and they were torturing people at the time, the Prophets' mission was to prevent that from happening by preaching about Tawhid

I hope that answered your question.

On 11/27/2020 at 2:42 AM, gayboyanon said:

That's messed up. It just goes to show that those who have suffered end up thinking that every Muslim is like that.

Or maybe its just their basic ignorance

• Basic Members

The thing Im really confused about is how any gay or gay supporter can say ‘im born that way, love is love’ but when a person who practices incest, they’re in the wrong

wouldnt they be born that way too?

and if its about kids being born retarded or something, then they can just not have kids? Another gay said in another forum that if its about kids, yes we cant have kids but Id rather adopt even if I was a heterosexual. People who practice incest can just not have kids and adopt aswell, if they’re not harming anyone then why is it wrong?

Why are they in the wrong? They’re not harming anyone? They can’t help but love their sister/brother/mother/ dad that way? They want to be with them but can’t? Isnt that torture for them?

They use the exact same argument as any homosexual would

I am genuinely interested in knowing what they think about this

• Advanced Member

I think this discussion has gone off the topic due to a number of reasons. The OP is tensed and worried about his sister. It is not a place to debate homosexuality. The fundamental belief of the OP as well as his sister is that homosexuality is Haram. And he has asked for solutions and advises on the basis of this premise. 

He didn't say 'it's right or wrong'. 

He said that it's wrong and he wants his sister to come out of it. 

Mods must look into it. 

@Mahdavist

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Zainuu said:

I think this discussion has gone off the topic due to a number of reasons. The OP is tensed and worried about his sister. It is not a place to debate homosexuality. The fundamental belief of the OP as well as his sister is that homosexuality is Haram. And he has asked for solutions and advises on the basis of this premise. 

He didn't say 'it's right or wrong'. 

He said that it's wrong and he wants his sister to come out of it. 

Mods must look into it. 

@Mahdavist

Thanks brother, I agree with you.

I will leave the thread open for 1-2 days if there are any last comments to be made or if the OP would like to say anything else. 

After that it will be locked. 

• Basic Members

The only thing he can do is try his best to convince her whether it be sitting down with her having a very serious chat and talk about how it’ll literally doom her whole life and akhira and for what? Sexual desires. Or getting parents involved (for chat not for forced marriages). It might get ugly and stress everyone out but atleast you can say to yourself that you tried. The rest is up her and Allah

Tell her what will happen if she does chase those desires, its gonna affect your relationship with her, maybe even break your family, im sure your parents will be heartbroken and might even blame themselves

Im speaking on my experience, on how I chased my desires and what it did to my family, completely broke it. Trying hard to fix it now but the memory wont go away

• Veteran Member

Bismehe Ta3ala 

Assalam Alikum 

All the maraj3iya agree the physical practice of homosexuality is haram.  

Muslims are a product of their environment.  If you are living in a land where laws permit the marriage of same sex, a life of debauchery is permitted and you have the 'freedom' to do as you please without any repercussions, it's time to save your life and the future life of your children and leave that God forsaken country.  Reverse immigration.

America is not worth your akheera, brother.  

What your sister is going through is just the beginning.  People are always thinking of what country is most comfortable for my livelihood and have the least concern of "Where can I practice my faith and hold the best standards as a devout and practicing Muslim?"

God keep us steadfast on our deen.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN ALLAH 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Violets
On 12/5/2020 at 2:39 PM, Laayla said:

he future life of your children and leave that God forsaken country.  Reverse immigration.

America is not worth your akheera, brother.  

You do know that homosexuality exists everywhere, correct? Including Muslim countries. 

And not everywhere in America is liberal. It seems you have a very skewed and incomplete understanding of what the US is like—it’s more conservative than liberal in the majority of States. Gays can even be denied jobs in many states just for being gay. You do realize what this means, right? 

You can’t make a blanket statement about “America”—there are so many different places in America that isn’t on the news—not every place here is Hollywood, liberal, or have Haram readily available. America is so vast and culturally distinct that anyone can find their own niche of people who think alike. If you think a place is too much of one thing—you can easily move to a part in the US that fits your needs. 

• Veteran Member

I know that America is corrupt and an imperialistic empire and gay marriage is lawful in America.

Great!  Now you can bomb Muslim countries and brown people with the colors of the alphabet group on the wing of the F-16.

My religion and dignity is not worth $100,000 with health insurance per year, I'm not Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar.

How will they face Rasoul Allah and what excuse will they give?

They are not the first nor the last to sell their akheera for the dunya.

God remove the love of this dunya from my heart.

Guest Violets
8 hours ago, Laayla said:

I know that America is corrupt and an imperialistic empire and gay marriage is lawful in America.

Great!  Now you can bomb Muslim countries and brown people with the colors of the alphabet group on the wing of the F-16.

My religion and dignity is not worth $100,000 with health insurance per year, I'm not Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar.

Um, gay marriage isn’t legal in every state.... What are you even talking about? Clearly, you haven’t addressed anything I wrote—maybe English isn’t your first language and that’s why you’re all over the place. How can you jump from one topic to another and to yet another? This makes no sense. What do Rashida and Omar have to do with anything I just said or about what you’re saying? I said that America is a vast country and there is all kinds of communities—conservative, liberal, people who want to live in the city, people who want to live in rural areas away from big subdivision suburbias. I don’t think you know anything about “America”—the view you have of America is a gross generalization that you frankly can’t make because you have never been here or never lived here for even a single second. So you have no right talking badly about a country you’ve never been to. Would you like it if people talked badly about wherever you lived? 

9 hours ago, Laayla said:

How will they face Rasoul Allah and what excuse will they give?

I think you need to take a deep breath, turn off the TV, unplug and take a long vacation away from everyone for a while. You sound very distressed and angry and that isn’t good for you. 

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Guest Violets said:

I don’t think you know anything about “America”—the view you have of America is a gross generalization that you frankly can’t make because you have never been here or never lived here for even a single second. So you have no right talking badly about a country you’ve never been to. Would you like it if people talked badly about wherever you lived? 

Wrong assumption :)

• Advanced Member
On 11/23/2020 at 11:10 PM, Nightclaw said:

Moreover, this is not much, but women will not be punished like men for homosexual behavior. It is definitely prohibited, but the punishment is not the same - in this world nor the Hereafter.

Wait what? I didn’t know about this, can you explain more brother?

• Advanced Member
10 minutes ago, Diaz said:

Wait what? I didn’t know about this, can you explain more brother?

Allah has punished the men in the Qur'an and Lut's wife in the story of Lut. The reason for punishing men is because entering a man (or woman) through the anus is a cursed action that Allah has prohibited. The reason for punishing Lut's wife was because she sided with the homosexuals despite it all. 

Out of everything in the Qur'an and Sunnah, there is no mention of how to punish a woman for homosexual behavior outside of deduction (ijtihad) of it being classified as zina, in which she would be lashed (debates on whether it should be 20, 25, 30, up to 100, but the last is the consensus opinion). There is no mention of the actions of homosexual women being punished in the Quran and Sunnah, as I have stated. 

Therefore, if they continue this unnatural behavior until death, they will receive punishment, but not on the same level as men. 

• Advanced Member
34 minutes ago, Nightclaw said:

Allah has punished the men in the Qur'an and Lut's wife in the story of Lut. The reason for punishing men is because entering a man (or woman) through the anus is a cursed action that Allah has prohibited. The reason for punishing Lut's wife was because she sided with the homosexuals despite it all. 

Out of everything in the Qur'an and Sunnah, there is no mention of how to punish a woman for homosexual behavior outside of deduction (ijtihad) of it being classified as zina, in which she would be lashed (debates on whether it should be 20, 25, 30, up to 100, but the last is the consensus opinion). There is no mention of the actions of homosexual women being punished in the Quran and Sunnah, as I have stated. 

Therefore, if they continue this unnatural behavior until death, they will receive punishment, but not on the same level as men. 

Oh my bad, I thought you meant if a woman have a lust on women but she is not acting on it, she will not be punished but if men did, they will. Thanks for the info anyway. 

• Advanced Member
18 minutes ago, Diaz said:

Oh my bad, I thought you meant if a woman have a lust on women but she is not acting on it, she will not be punished but if men did, they will. Thanks for the info anyway. 

No sin you think of is held against you unless you speak it or act upon it, according to the authentic narration by the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him. 

You are very welcome, brother. 

• Veteran Member

Let's set the record straight.  

June 26, 2015
With a 5-4 decision in Obergefell v. Hodges, the U.S. Supreme Court declares same-sex marriage legal in all 50 states.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/stonewall-milestones-american-gay-rights-movement/

I know she deserves to stay here and work towards her career. What should I do? 

Brother, do you know what the fiqh according to Sayyid Seeistani says about migration?

https://www.al-islam.org/a-code-of-practice-for-muslims-in-the-west-ayatullah-sistani/migration-non-muslim-countries

2. A believer is allowed to travel to non-Muslim countries provided that he is sure or has confidence that the journey would not have a negative impact on his faith and the faith of those who are related to him.

3. Similarly, a believer is allowed to reside in non-Muslim countries provided that his residing there does not become a hurdle in the fulfilling of his religious obligations towards himself and his family presently as well as in future. (See the question-answer section below.)

4. It is haram to travel to non-Muslim countries in the East or the West if that journey causes loss of the faith of a Muslim, no matter whether the purpose of that journey is tourism, business, education, or residence of a temporary or permanent nature, etc. (See the question-answer section below.)

Guest Violets
On 12/16/2020 at 3:58 PM, Laayla said:

With a 5-4 decision in Obergefell v. Hodges, the U.S. Supreme Court declares same-sex marriage legal in all 50 states.

You do know that most conservative states don’t comply with the law, right? They always, even today, find loopholes around the Supreme Court ruling and try to ban same-sex marriage and prevent gays from getting hired in states like Texas. Big government vs small government. Again, you know nothing about America. 

• Advanced Member
On 12/16/2020 at 11:58 PM, Laayla said:

Let's set the record straight.  

June 26, 2015

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/stonewall-milestones-american-gay-rights-movement/

Brother, do you know what the fiqh according to Sayyid Seeistani says about migration?

https://www.al-islam.org/a-code-of-practice-for-muslims-in-the-west-ayatullah-sistani/migration-non-muslim-countries

2. A believer is allowed to travel to non-Muslim countries provided that he is sure or has confidence that the journey would not have a negative impact on his faith and the faith of those who are related to him.

3. Similarly, a believer is allowed to reside in non-Muslim countries provided that his residing there does not become a hurdle in the fulfilling of his religious obligations towards himself and his family presently as well as in future. (See the question-answer section below.)

4. It is haram to travel to non-Muslim countries in the East or the West if that journey causes loss of the faith of a Muslim, no matter whether the purpose of that journey is tourism, business, education, or residence of a temporary or permanent nature, etc. (See the question-answer section below.)

Please. Don't try to justify OP's sister being shipped off to India against her will.

• Veteran Member

Bismehe Ta3ala 

Assalam Alikum 

I&M 

Civics 101

The Constitution declares federal law the supreme law of the land. And precedent going back two centuries makes clear that the U.S. Supreme Court is the definitive expositor of that supreme law, and that its interpretations are binding on the courts of the various states.

At this point, any state you are interested to see for yourself search "same sex marriage" along with the state on Wikipedia.

https://guides.sll.texas.gov/marriage-in-texas/same-sex-marriage

Is same-sex marriage legal in Texas?

Yes. On June 26, 2015, the United States Supreme Court issued its ruling in Obergefell v. Hodgeslegalizing same-sex marriage in every U.S. state. 

What is the process of getting married in Texas?

To get married in Texas, you first must apply for a license at a county clerk's office, then typically wait at least 72 hours before being married by a judge or authorized religious official. A ceremonial marriage requires a marriage license issued by the county clerk. You must complete a sworn application that establishes the facts required to show that you are legally eligible to enter into the marital relationship. People younger than 18 years old need court orders (see Minors and Marriage). You cannot be currently married. You cannot marry a person with a blood relationship of first cousin or closer. You cannot marry a current or former step-parent or step-child.

The marriage ceremony must be conducted within 31 days of the day the license is issued by the county clerk. The ceremony generally must not be conducted within 72 hours of the issuance of the license. Any judge, justice, justice of the peace, minister, priest, rabbi or other authorized officer of a religious organization may perform the ceremony. It is unlawful to refuse to perform the marriage ceremony between two persons eligible to marry because of race, religion, national origin, or sexual orientation. 

Texas also recognizes common law or informal marriage

• 2 months later...
  • Veteran Member
On 12/20/2020 at 7:54 PM, gayboyanon said:

Please. Don't try to justify OP's sister being shipped off to India against her will.

Bismehe Ta3ala 

What the family decides is up to them.  I'm providing the fiqhi ruling.

• Advanced Member
On 11/26/2020 at 12:03 PM, gayboyanon said:

If you tell a gay person the story of Lut, you're telling them they deserve to die, even if that's not your intention, that's what you're telling them.

That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

It's not. The number of people coming out are more, because, you know, they're not being killed for being gay.

I respect you and you seem like a good person, but this is completely false.

It's understandable. I used to be like that, because of how badly I'd been burned by people who are genuinely homophobic. But you have to understand, that's the direct cause of the rampant homophobia in the community. But me, I've learned. It doesn't matter whether someone's homophobic, it matter's whether they still treat gay people with respect. Their feelings about gay people nobody can now, it's their actions that matter. And you respect gay people, so none of the other stuff matters.

You realise there's a big difference between not finding a partner because you're having trouble finding one, and not being allowed to find a partner because if you do you'll have people wanting you dead and your life will be ruined. Learn empathy man.

Yes, they are. The homophobia is. The bullying is. You can't belittle the struggle that gay people go through. It's genuinely so naive. Or ignorant.

Oh yeah, it's totally unnecessary to worry about how your family will react and whether you'll be homeless or not. Learn a bit about the real world man.

I did actually. And that doesn't matter. OP's parent's would force his sister into marriage, and if you think that it's OK for parents to force their child into marriage, then I'm sorry, but I've lost a lot of my respect for you. Forced marriage is really messed up.

The number of homosexuals is on the increase because so is porn addiction. Porn rewires your human brain because of its supranormal stimulus. Like other addiction with time people get desensitized to the stuff. When this happens they will escalate to watch and need harsher pornography with this continuing people eventually will start watching homosexual porn or even more disgusting stuff. I remember there was some muslim gay who went on tv here and he said he used to think he was heterosexual but then he started watching homosexual pornography and then said he "discovered" his sexuality. No all he did was brainwash himself with filth and this is the reason that homosexuality is on the rise.