Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

God is not forgiving me. Pls help.

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

God is not forgiving me. I have been a bad person in the last 4 years of my life. Ive disobeyed Allah, i've got an addiction, and i have made sins every single day.

I have made tawbah many times, and after my prayers i Ask Allah to forgive me, but he's not. 

I have a muslim app, where you are getting daily verses from the Qur'an, and every single one that i get is about the punishment of wrongdoers. They are all about punishment. Here are some of the verses

:bismillah:

It is Allah Who originates the creation, and will resurrect it. And then to Him you will ˹all˺ be returned. (30:11)

The signs of Allah have they sold for a miserable price, and (many) have they hindered from his way. Evil indeed are the deeds they have done (9:9)

Those who reject Allah and hinder (men) from the path of Allah-Their deeds will Allah render astray(from their mark)

And to those who believe not in the hereafter, (it announced) that we have prepared for them a penalty grievous (indeed) (17:10)

I almost have no hope left. What should I do? Every time I ask for forgiveness a new daily verse is shown, which is about Hellfire which is about torture.

One if the sins i have dine is backbitten people, which God would never forgive you, until the person you've backbitten forgives you. The people i've backbitten about, have not forgiven me, they have all blocked me on everything. I'm absolutely lost in sins. I am covered of sins, and i haven't got Allah's mercy. Even when i open The holy Book its all about the kuffar people. 

My heart is soooooooo full of sins, that i can not even shred a single tear. These signs are sooo scary, and i can not even shred one tear, that's how much i've sinned. Is it just that? Am I done? Am I gonna go to jahannam even tho I've repented?

A hadith says that if you have backbitten about someone, you need to ask for forgiveness from them, if not Allah would never forgive you, and on the day of judgement they (the one you've backbitten about) are gonna take ALL your good deeds, until you don't have any. 

what should I do? 

• Moderators

Forgiveness for Backbiting is not depending if the person accept it or not. Rather it is enough to say sorry for them and not backbite again. If you don't have ability to say sorry, or saying sorry to them cause more trouble, or you can not find them, or they pass away, then repenting to God is enough. You are being very hard for yourself.

God loves you and you are truly regretting because if not then you will not have any concern about these things. There are many people who don't care anymore and thus they are in lost. We have in narration about exactly your situtation:

He said: Abul Qasim Ja'far ibn Muhammad reported to me from his father, from Sa'd ibn Abdillah, from Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn Isa, from al-Husayn ibn Saeed, from Muhammad ibn Abu Umair from al-Harith ibn Behram, from Amru ibn Jamee' that:

Abu Abdillah, Ja'far ibn Muhammad, peace be upon him told me: "Whoever comes to us seeking Fiqh, Qur'an and its exegesis, let him in. And whoever comes to reveal such secret (fault of the others) which Allah (in His Mercy) has concealed, discard him!" Someone said: "May I be your ransom, may I mention my present situation?" He said: "(Yes), if you so wish." He said: "By Allah, I am persistent upon sin since long time, and I intend to transform myself, but I cannot." He said: "If what you say is true, then Allah loves you, and He does not prevent your transformation except that you may fear him (more by being mindful, and not conceited)."

Regretting and repenting by not doing the sins again and changing your way is enough for all sins. So you need to develop Taqwa, being mindful everyday about yourself and God and remembering Him often. You can do this by doing different religious activities everyday, most important of them is reciting Qur'an everyday, doing salat in early time, and start reading about Islamic laws, seeking knowledge to be aware of what Islam teach and not be in jahil state where we can lose hope easily. 

• Advanced Member
16 minutes ago, starlight said:

Uninstall app.

Message or call them and ask for forgiveness.

Never give up hope in the mercy of Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). Keep doing istighfar

Well they've blocked me so I can't. I would continue to do istighfar, InshAllah the almighty would forgive me. Pls pray for me.

• Moderators

And hasten towards your Lord’s forgiveness and a paradise as vast as the heavens and the earth, prepared for the Godwary
—those who spend in ease and adversity, and suppress their anger, and excuse [the faults of] the people, and Allah loves the virtuous;
and those who, when they commit an indecent act or wrong themselves, remember Allah, and plead [Allah’s] forgiveness for their sins —and who forgives sins except Allah?— and who do not persist in what they have committed while they know. -- 
Qur'an 3:133-135

Edited by Abu Nur
  • Advanced Member

God can give you forgiveness on their behalf. And you don't lose all your good deeds, but a good chunk though for each instance. So if you built a mosque and made one nasty remark, they get all the thawab for that. I'd recommend reading this book. https://afosa.org/books/Three-minutes-of-Judgment-Day.PDF-2.pdf

And on Judgement Day you get the mercy that you showed on earth. So forgive everyone and be so sensitive that you don't even kill bugs

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-13 at 8.10.44 AM.jpeg

• Advanced Member
18 hours ago, Kalepaceh said:

God is not forgiving me. I have been a bad person in the last 4 years of my life. Ive disobeyed Allah, i've got an addiction, and i have made sins every single day.

I have made tawbah many times, and after my prayers i Ask Allah to forgive me, but he's not. 

Hi There - I'm writing as a Follower of Jesus.

I think firstly that you are in a good position!  Why?  Because you recognise your dirty and shameful deeds and realise that before God you are covered with shame.  Many people do not have that sensitive conscience, their conscience is cut off and they live life without realising their position before God.

Secondly you have been confronted with the consequences of continuing on this path.  God is good - he does not leave us in darkness but shines his light on the things in our life that need dealing with.

Thirdly you are 'making tawbah' and asking God for forgiveness.  This is a natural response to facing the purity of God. 

I want to ask what do you mean by 'making tawbah'?  My understanding is that tawbah means repentance.  How can you make repentance?  it is more than just repeating words.  Repentance is about change, it is not just regret.  If I run a red light and get caught I may regret doing it because I got a fine but if I run another red light it shows I haven't repented.  Repentance means turning round and doing something different.  Turning round from the dirty things in our life is really hard (as you have found out).  God knows that and, my belief as a Christian says that, God has provided a way to make us clean and then give us the power to live a transformed (turned round) life.

There are many promises where God confirms that if we truly ask for forgivness with a repentant attitude he will forgive - there is no doubt.

The Prophet Isaiah speaks God's words in chapter 1:18

‘Come now, let us settle the matter,’
    says the Lord.
‘Though your sins are like scarlet,
    they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red as crimson,
    they shall be like wool.

The Apostle Peter explains God's forgiveness Acts 3:19

Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord,

May God help us all to live before him with a truly repentant heart

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

Hi There - I'm writing as a Follower of Jesus.

I think firstly that you are in a good position!  Why?  Because you recognise your dirty and shameful deeds and realise that before God you are covered with shame.  Many people do not have that sensitive conscience, their conscience is cut off and they live life without realising their position before God.

Secondly you have been confronted with the consequences of continuing on this path.  God is good - he does not leave us in darkness but shines his light on the things in our life that need dealing with.

Thirdly you are 'making tawbah' and asking God for forgiveness.  This is a natural response to facing the purity of God. 

I want to ask what do you mean by 'making tawbah'?  My understanding is that tawbah means repentance.  How can you make repentance?  it is more than just repeating words.  Repentance is about change, it is not just regret.  If I run a red light and get caught I may regret doing it because I got a fine but if I run another red light it shows I haven't repented.  Repentance means turning round and doing something different.  Turning round from the dirty things in our life is really hard (as you have found out).  God knows that and, my belief as a Christian says that, God has provided a way to make us clean and then give us the power to live a transformed (turned round) life.

There are many promises where God confirms that if we truly ask for forgivness with a repentant attitude he will forgive - there is no doubt.

The Prophet Isaiah speaks God's words in chapter 1:18

‘Come now, let us settle the matter,’
    says the Lord.
‘Though your sins are like scarlet,
    they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red as crimson,
    they shall be like wool.

The Apostle Peter explains God's forgiveness Acts 3:19

Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord,

May God help us all to live before him with a truly repentant heart

Peace be upon you brother. Thank you, for sharing your thoughts and quotes from the Bible. Pls pray for me.

• Advanced Member
On 10/29/2020 at 8:27 PM, guest 2025 said:

God can give you forgiveness on their behalf. And you don't lose all your good deeds, but a good chunk though for each instance. So if you built a mosque and made one nasty remark, they get all the thawab for that. I'd recommend reading this book. https://afosa.org/books/Three-minutes-of-Judgment-Day.PDF-2.pdf

And on Judgement Day you get the mercy that you showed on earth. So forgive everyone and be so sensitive that you don't even kill bugs

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-13 at 8.10.44 AM.jpeg

Brother I really appreciate you sharing that link. Thank you so much. May Allah reward you!