Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

More women in hell then men

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Assalam-o-Alikum brothers and sisters!

I was wondering if i can get information in relation to Prophet's ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) hadith where he mentioned more women will be in hell then men. 

I searched online and i found this:

It was narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) that women will form the majority of the people of Hell. It was narrated from ‘Imran ibn Husayn that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “I looked into Paradise and I saw that the majority of its people were the poor. And I looked into Hell and I saw that the majority of its people are women.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhari, 3241; Muslim, 2737) 

I was wondering if you guys can provide any shia reference to this Hadith. 

My whole life i have been hearing thjs Hadith and now at times whenever i mention about women's rights in light of Islam and this Hadith is used first. So it would be much helpful to know further about this.

Kind regards.

• Advanced Member

Walaikum Assalam,

I did find this post from a couple of years back, you can give it a read.

But the link here from al-islam ask, https://www.al-islam.org/ask/it-is-claimed-that-a-majority-of-people-in-hell-will-be-women-is-this-idea-supported-by-the-quran-or-hadeeshas shia scholars and experts answering this question so inshAllah this should help. In short words, this hadith isn't supported and Imam Ja'far al-Sadiq (عليه السلام) refuted it. Give both links a read but the second link has straight forward answers.

I hope this helps, if there is anything that requires clarification, don't be afraid to ask. 

Edited by ShiaofAli12
  • Veteran Member

1. It is not a Shia source.

2. Sources also say that women will be in significantly more numbers compared to number of men in the world near the end times.

3. @hasanhh nuff said.

4. If we listen to half the shias on here now who write that men who undergo surgery actually qualify as and become women and should be "married" and seeing all those girly men and also the boasting of the pro-homo that 20% of generation Z are gay (and will likely become "women") then I think there can be more women in hell. Keep in mind that if there are 99 men and 100 women then just 1 more woman means that they are more in numbers. :woot:

• Advanced Member

I think some clarification is needed here tbh.... If it's talking about number in ratio or overall number? I am asking this question because one of the signs of the end times is that there will be 50 women for every 1 man. So this will affect things of course. 

So then it's no wonder that there would be more women overall in hell because there are more women overall in the first place. This forms the first argument, the number argument:

Let's say there are 1000 men and 2000 women which need to be placed in heaven or hell. 

The ratio of people in heaven and hell for both genders is 1:1

Then there would be: 500 men in heaven and 500 men in hell but 1000 women in heaven and 1000 women in hell. Can you see the point here? 

The opposing argument, the ratio argument, would be that the ratio of women in hell is higher and not equal to that of men. Then there can be a lot more women in hell than men even if they are of an equal number needing to be placed in heaven and hell but it's only because the ratio is so much higher. For example:

Now let's say there are 1000 men and 1000 women which need to be placed in heaven and hell. So an equal number. 

But now we'll say that the ratio of women in heaven and hell is 1:3

And for men it's 1:1

Then there would be: 500 men in heaven and 500 men in hell and 500 women in heaven and 1500 women in hell. 

So yeah I need clarification from anyone does it mean the ratio or the actual number? 

Edited by Vindemiatrix
Spelling