Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Help! (VideoGames)

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Salam alaikoum fellow brothers and sisters.

I Play a lot of Dota 2 ( A game similiar to League of legends). I play a lot of ranked mode. Basically what ranked is, you a play with other team mates and you put some MMR Points on the line. If you win a game with team mates you gain 25+ MMR and if you lose with your team mates you lose 25 MMR. (Basically the more MMR you attain, the better the games get. MMR is just a digital thing. You can't buy anything with it. My question is, Is playing Ranked considered gambling in our shia fiqh? (Im a sistani marja). And also another question is, how many hours a day of video games is acceptable. Apparently playing for a longer duration of time isn't acceptable because it is considered (Lahoo (in arabic)). Lahoo is a arabic word that kinda means wasting time or not attending ur duties. Really hoping to get some fast and good answers. Thank you 

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)

Salam as I know because MMR points are just using inside game so it has no problem so it is not gambling  & about duration of playing it has no limit but playing must not stop you from performing your obligatory prayers (Namaz/Salah)

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, MohammadAli313 said:

Salam alaikoum fellow brothers and sisters.

I Play a lot of Dota 2 ( A game similiar to League of legends). I play a lot of ranked mode. Basically what ranked is, you a play with other team mates and you put some MMR Points on the line. If you win a game with team mates you gain 25+ MMR and if you lose with your team mates you lose 25 MMR. (Basically the more MMR you attain, the better the games get. MMR is just a digital thing. You can't buy anything with it. My question is, Is playing Ranked considered gambling in our shia fiqh? (Im a sistani marja). And also another question is, how many hours a day of video games is acceptable. Apparently playing for a longer duration of time isn't acceptable because it is considered (Lahoo (in arabic)). Lahoo is a arabic word that kinda means wasting time or not attending ur duties. Really hoping to get some fast and good answers. Thank you 

very very bad.  not good at all!

Edited by eThErEaL