Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Iran’s Silence On China’s Muslim Concentration Camps

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

In the name of Allah, the most gracious, the most merciful

China has lately been trying to exterminate the Muslims that live in their country.  For a few years Chinese Muslims have been sent to concentration camps that are said force them to eat pork, take of the hijabs as well as other horrible stuff.  Iran, a country that is known for wanting to help oppressed Muslims in countries such as Palestine, Yemen and Lebanon.  Why has the government of Iran not done anything to stop this atrocity in China from continuing.  And don’t get me wrong, I am a supporter of the Islamic revolution and I love Ayatollah Khomeini as well as Ayatollah Khamenaei but I want to know the opinion of the ShiaChat.com community on this issue.

• Basic Members

Sorry for not checking my grammar, I know this paragraph is confusing.  I meant to write ’camps that are said to’ as well as ’Iran, a country that is known for wanting to help oppressed Muslims in countries such as Palestine, Yemen and Lebanon has been silent on these camps’.  

• Advanced Member

Because Iran is in an economic turmoil. The US sanctions have left many Iranians upset, and the economy isn’t great. Iran cannot do with the US at all, at the same time there own people are getting angry at the regime. So the only thing Iran can do is turn to China the next big Superpower. 

Im not exactly a big fan of Iran’s political alliances.

• Veteran Member

The mostly fake news has been created by anti-china elements in the US and UK to basically try and alienate Muslims from China, and of-course to ferment dissent within Chinese Muslims - and also to support terrorists who want to break away the region (the fake name "East Turkestan"). This is part of Turkey's nationalistic interests as a way of "uniting" all Turkik people under the banner Erdoganism. Iran as always keeps a clear sight of the region and the interfering and takfiris who want to sow all kinds of fitna. 

• Basic Members
1 hour ago, Labbayka said:

Because Iran is in an economic turmoil. The US sanctions have left many Iranians upset, and the economy isn’t great. Iran cannot do with the US at all, at the same time there own people are getting angry at the regime. So the only thing Iran can do is turn to China the next big Superpower. 

Im not exactly a big fan of Iran’s political alliances.

I agree that this is probably why.  However, what makes the US and UK evil to the Iranian government and China a good ally because I personally do not like both China and the US.  

• Advanced Member

Assalamu Aleikoum,

well it´s about geopolitics, same goes with Pakistan or Bangladesh, China sides with Iran because Iran is against the USA, China sides with Pakistan and Bangladesh because those two are against India.

The USA and India are traditional rivals for China, same as Vietnam or Japan.

In few last years Turkey started siding with China and stopped reporting about bad Chinese Nazi crimes in Uyghurstan because of economical interests, simply in Turkey before it were videos of Chinese crimes against the Uyghurs almost always, then came in effect information ban and only few Chinese crimes are seen in Turkish media.

Guest guest guest guest

As another user previously stated, Iran is in economic turmoil, it is facing US sanctions so it has to rely on China for support

Although I personally do not agree with Iran's alliance with China, it makes sense from an economic standpoint, if they were to go against China too, not only would Iran be destroyed, it would be invaded by many different forces.

Iran was able to stand against the USSR due to the fact that it was already in a state of collapse, sadly China is not in a state of collapse and is very economically powerful(has already debt trapped multiple African countries, Pakistan, Turkey and Iran).

Another thing is that China targeting the Uyghurs have actually been happening going all the way back to 1900s, when the Kuomintang(Chinese Nationalist Government) used its Chinese Muslims(Hui) to conquer East Turkestan. Prior to Chinese intervention, East Turkestan was actually a republic of different Turkic ethnicities. If Iran were to truly speak out against China, it would unrecognize and sever ALL ties to the Communist "Chinese" government, and form relations with the Nationalist government(Formosa aka Taiwan) as the legitimate China, as it would anger China very much.

26 minutes ago, skylight2 said:

The mostly fake news has been created by anti-china elements in the US and UK to basically try and alienate Muslims from China, and of-course to ferment dissent within Chinese Muslims - and also to support terrorists who want to break away the region (the fake name "East Turkestan"). This is part of Turkey's nationalistic interests as a way of "uniting" all Turkik people under the banner Erdoganism. Iran as always keeps a clear sight of the region and the interfering and takfiris who want to sow all kinds of fitna. 

How is it alienating Muslims? East Turkestan actually was a legitimate republic prior to the Chinese invasion(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_East_Turkestan_Republic). There is no denying that Erdogan is exploiting the Uyghurs by using them as cannon fodder in Syria and for pan Turkic reasons, how can you connect what China is doing to half the Uyghur population(might I add, are majority SUFI SUNNI muslims), however, you can still denounce China's crimes without supporting Turkey or the West(unless that is, you would prefer Iran or wherever you are from to receive the same treatment the USSR gave its Central Asian and Muslim oblasts, that is, they secularized them to the point they drink alcohol and eat pork, even in Azerbaijan and ancient Shia villages in Dagestan have become secularized and shia in name only due to USSR anti Religious settlement)

• Basic Members
10 minutes ago, HamidCZ said:

Assalamu Aleikoum,

well it´s about geopolitics, same goes with Pakistan or Bangladesh, China sides with Iran because Iran is against the USA, China sides with Pakistan and Bangladesh because those two are against India.

The USA and India are traditional rivals for China, same as Vietnam or Japan.

In few last years Turkey started siding with China and stopped reporting about bad Chinese Nazi crimes in Uyghurstan because of economical interests, simply in Turkey before it were videos of Chinese crimes against the Uyghurs almost always, then came in effect information ban and only few Chinese crimes are seen in Turkish media.

But the thing is our brothers and sisters in China are suffering.  I'm not saying the Iranian government is perfect and free from mistakes and I'm also not saying they should completely cut ties with China, that would be very foolish. I believe they should put effort into easing the conditions of the Chinese Muslims but also maintain a good relationship with China.  Maybe they are trying to do that but privately kind of like how Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan when asked about the China concentration camps said Pakistan deals matters with China privately, Allah knows our intentions best.

Guest guest guest guest
4 hours ago, AliAlHakani said:

But the thing is our brothers and sisters in China are suffering.  I'm not saying the Iranian government is perfect and free from mistakes and I'm also not saying they should completely cut ties with China, that would be very foolish. I believe they should put effort into easing the conditions of the Chinese Muslims but also maintain a good relationship with China.  Maybe they are trying to do that but privately kind of like how Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan when asked about the China concentration camps said Pakistan deals matters with China privately, Allah knows our intentions best.

The person who you quoted has the right idea, it is purely geopolitics. When Imran Khan says that Pakistan deals matters with China privately, basically it means China is immune to any sort of criticism. Proof? No Pakistani government official(or any Chinese debt trap country government official for that matter) has spoken out against China(Erdogan did prior to Chinese investment, PRIOR, proving my point)

If Iran(or Pakistan) actually spoke out against China, China has both of their economies by the leash, any wrong word, and both of them are done for, especially Iran. Iran already risked it, with Ayatollah Khomeini speaking out against America, and look at Iran's economy now, isolate themselves from the world powers and they will collapse fully. And it is not like the 1980s, China has a lot of economic power unlike the USSR, while the USSR was powerful in terms of weaponry, they were economically very weak, to the point that Pepsi became the 5th most powerful army due to the submarines acquired from the USSR.

TL;DR Iran should call out China, but doing so will be detrimental to the Iranian economy, from a survival standpoint it is best they do not(until China becomes signifcantly weakened).

• Forum Administrators
15 hours ago, Guest guest guest guest said:

Iran should call out China

China's response to the Uyghur's is wholly disproportionate to the threat posed by extremists.

But Muslims and Muslim countries are used to suffering disproportionately and have become numb.

9/11 lead to the deaths of 3,000 Americans. The resulting invasion of Iraq caused the deaths of up to 1,000,000 Muslims.