Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

• Basic Members

Asaalaam o laykum

can anybody shed some light on the Mirza/Mughal caste and why it seems to be associated as a bad caste “oh mirzay are so bad, kafir etc” because I’m pretty sure it makes logical sense that a caste can’t indefinitely be associated with a religion.. what people are mistaking it for is ahmadis who follow a leader with the name Mirza who believes he is the Mahdi..? 
therefore you can’t make the judgement that all humans from the Mirza caste follow the Ahmadi religion, it’s like saying all Syeds are Shia when that is logical sense that they are not!

• Basic Members

Neither have i. Until I told one of my parents about the caste of my potential spouse. I mean straight away I associated caste and religion separate, ive even explained all this but still they are insisting they he is apparently an ahmadi just because of his caste. I’m just so dumbfound

• Development Team
1 hour ago, peaceispower said:

can anybody shed some light on the Mirza/Mughal caste and why it seems to be associated as a bad caste “oh mirzay are so bad, kafir etc” because I’m pretty sure it makes logical sense that a caste can’t indefinitely be associated with a religion

The caste system is leftover nonsense from the Vedic books and Sanatana Dharma, it has no place or meaning whatsoever in Islam. @peaceispower

However, you shouldn't marry an Ahmadi, they believe in a prophet after Muhammad (saw as). They aren't really Muslim but a cult, I would advise you to reconsider.

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, peaceispower said:

Neither have i. Until I told one of my parents about the caste of my potential spouse. I mean straight away I associated caste and religion separate, ive even explained all this but still they are insisting they he is apparently an ahmadi just because of his caste. I’m just so dumbfound

Hmmm Desi parents I guess. Are you sure the problem is being Mirza because I have often witnessed Asian parents use caste as an excuse to reject proposals when the issue is really something else? 

• Basic Members
1 hour ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

The caste system is leftover nonsense from the Vedic books and Sanatana Dharma, it has no place or meaning whatsoever in Islam. @peaceispower

However, you shouldn't marry an Ahmadi, they believe in a prophet after Muhammad (saw as). They aren't really Muslim but a cult, I would advise you to reconsider.

Honestly I find it appealing that caste is still being used to make marriage so difficult. He is not ahmadi at all, he had never heard of it and I persisted he ask his mum to which she relied no way we are not that but I understand why they would ask such a thing and have a right too..

he follows the ahlulbayt as do his parents, his father has opened up a imambarga etc. But yet my parent is still insisting that just because he is of Mirza caste that he follows ahmadi religion. :/

• Basic Members
59 minutes ago, starlight said:

Hmmm Desi parents I guess. Are you sure the problem is being Mirza because I have often witnessed Asian parents use caste as an excuse to reject proposals when the issue is really something else? 

My Father doesn’t know yet. My mother hasn’t met him or his family. I was planning to tell my Father soon but my Mother keeps trying to put me off by saying things like my dad won’t accept and there’s no chance because of his caste which is an issue anyway because I’m syed and he’s not, but now also because she is trying to say he is an ahmadi which is atrocious 

• Basic Members
59 minutes ago, peaceispower said:

Honestly I find it appealing that caste is still being used to make marriage so difficult. He is not ahmadi at all, he had never heard of it and I persisted he ask his mum to which she relied no way we are not that but I understand why they would ask such a thing and have a right too..

he follows the ahlulbayt as do his parents, his father has opened up a imambarga etc. But yet my parent is still insisting that just because he is of Mirza caste that he follows ahmadi religion. :/

Appalling** not appealing 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's also used as a surname for those with Syeda mothers married to non-Syed fathers. It might explain the misplaced and misguided prejudice.

This isn't the first time I'm hearing of aversion to Mirzas; may God guide these people who discriminate.

• Advanced Member
On 10/24/2020 at 7:45 PM, peaceispower said:

Asaalaam o laykum

can anybody shed some light on the Mirza/Mughal caste and why it seems to be associated as a bad caste “oh mirzay are so bad, kafir etc” because I’m pretty sure it makes logical sense that a caste can’t indefinitely be associated with a religion.. what people are mistaking it for is ahmadis who follow a leader with the name Mirza who believes he is the Mahdi..? 
therefore you can’t make the judgement that all humans from the Mirza caste follow the Ahmadi religion, it’s like saying all Syeds are Shia when that is logical sense that they are not!

Mirza over here are the non-Sayed shias/Sunnis. They have a good background in the past history of India Shia muslims. Specially, in urdu literature mirza have played a great role. They wrote great elegies on Ahlulbayt (عليه السلام) and Karbala. One of the greatest name that belongs to this category is Mirza Dabeer who lived during the era of British Empire. He wrote really amazing elegies on Imam Husayn (عليه السلام). I never heard anything like kufr for Mirzas, it might be your misconception.