Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Kuwait Boycotts French Products

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

Kuwaiti markets remove French products from shelves as boycott campaign grows on social media

Hashtags on boycotting French products went viral, as social media users condemned the anti-Islam campaign in the European country as the French government has embraced increasingly hostile rhetoric against Muslims recently. Photos and video footage circulating on social media also show Kuwaiti supermarkets emptied shelves from made in France goods.

The recent developments followed France’s ordering the temporary closure of a mosque outside of Paris, as part of a crackdown on Muslims following the killing of a teacher who showed his class caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad. French police have raided more than 50 mosques and associations since the killing.

French President Emmanuel Macron refused to condemn satirical French magazine Charlie Hebdo's decision to republish offensive cartoons of Prophet Muhammad, saying that it was not his place to pass judgment on the magazine's decision. Macron backed the magazine and vowed measures against what he called “Islamic separatism.”

Social media users, mostly on Twitter, are now sharing photos of the French products that Muslims should avoid purchasing. The boycott list includes luxury brands such as Cartier, Dior, Chanel, Nina Ricci, Givenchy and Lacoste along with food products or car manufacturers like Renault, or cigarette brand Gauloises.

Al Jazeera Arabic also reported Friday that supermarkets in Kuwait started to remove French products from their shelves in line with the boycott campaign.

An assailant on Oct. 16, was found to have decapitated a history teacher in France who had shown cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad in class, police said, adding that police had shot the suspected killer dead.

A French anti-terrorism prosecutor has opened an investigation into the slaying for murder with a suspected terrorist motive, the prosecutor's office said. The gruesome incident occurred in the town of Eragny, in the Val d’Oise region northwest of Paris.

Charlie Hebdo republished caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad, which unleashed a wave of anger in the Muslim world, to mark the start of the trial of alleged accomplices in the deadly attack against it in 2015 in which 12 people were killed.

Before the attack on Charlie Hebdo's offices, militants online had warned the magazine would pay for publishing the cartoons. The attacks that began on Jan. 7, 2015, sparked a series of militant attacks on French soil, including "lone wolf" killings by people said to be inspired by the Daesh terrorist group that have since claimed more than 250 lives.

The decision to republish the cartoons was seen as a renewed provocation by a magazine that has long courted with its satirical attacks on religion. Among the cartoons, most of which were first published by a Danish newspaper in 2005 and then by Charlie Hebdo a year later, is one of Prophet Muhammad wearing a bomb-shaped turban with a lit fuse protruding.

The Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) on Friday condemned the hanging of caricatures insulting the Prophet Muhammad on the front of some buildings in France and the government’s associating of Islam with terrorism.

"We condemn the constant systematic attack on the feelings of Muslims by insulting the religious symbols represented by the person of the Prophet Muhammad,” the statement by the OIC read.

The statement noted that the political discourse of some French officials, which harms the French-Islamic relations for the sake of gaining political gain encourages hatred, emphasizing that it is unacceptable to insult any religious symbol under the name of freedom.

The organization called on France to review its discriminatory policies targeting Islamic societies and hurting the feelings of more than one and a half billion Muslims around the world.

https://www.dailysabah.com/business/kuwaiti-markets-remove-french-products-from-shelves-as-boycott-campaign-grows-on-social-media/news

• Forum Administrators
3 hours ago, Labbayka said:

Made in China next?

China helps Iran break American sanctions and helps with the economic development of many Muslim countries, so I doubt it.

ElGuY8xXIAA3lhu?format=jpg&name=large

• Forum Administrators
3 hours ago, Hani B. said:

Kiri is gone?

Kuwaitis do seem to like their food.

According to World Health Organization (WHO) estimates, Kuwait is ranked amongst the top countries in the world in obesity prevalence. This study aims to describe the prevalence of overweight, obesity, and various types of adiposity in Kuwaiti adults.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6629831/

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
13 hours ago, Hani B. said:

Kiri is gone?

All French products in Kuwait is gone. Jordan did the same thing. Great.

On 10/24/2020 at 7:16 PM, Ali_Hussain said:

Saudi Arabia are trying to popularise a boycott of Turkish products. 

Salam anyway KSA & probably Kuwait don't boycott Zionist products even you can find some Zionist products in Iran too but there is no willpower even between individual muslims to boycott Zionist products but there is a heavy war between muslim countries to boycott products of each other in favor of Israel & Zionists.

• Veteran Member
50 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam anyway KSA & probably Kuwait don't boycott Zionist products even you can find some Zionist products in Iran too but there is no willpower even between individual muslims to boycott Zionist products but there is a heavy war between muslim countries to boycott products of each other in favor of Israel & Zionists.

That's true, and I'm sure Kuwait and other Arab countries still purchase weapons from France. But even these little steps are better than nothing.

4 hours ago, Ali_Hussain said:

That's true, and I'm sure Kuwait and other Arab countries still purchase weapons from France. But even these little steps are better than nothing.

I thought GCC purchase weapons from USA. 

6 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Like what?

• Veteran Member
4 hours ago, Diaz said:

I thought GCC purchase weapons from USA. 

I'm not sure of the extent of it, but France is a major provider of military equipment.

This is from a few years ago

https://www.france24.com/en/20160809-france-sells-military-helicopters-caracal-kuwait-1bn-deal

• Advanced Member

image.png.bbf97416192f83b5aa10af32b761622e.png

Assalamu Aleikum,

that´s righteous, let´s boycott them, it´s our resistence against enemies of our beloved Holy Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم).s.)!

13 hours ago, Diaz said:

Like what?

Salam for example in Iran we can find brands like Pepsi & CocaCola & some brands in agriculture products like fertilizers that agriculture products are coming to Iran by smugglers also this boycott is a reactionary response to France but it doesn't affect militaristic & infrastructure deals of Kuwait and Turkey & other muslim countries & petroleum & car manufacturing deals of Iran   with government of France that I think BDS movement by non muslims was more successful than these poor reactions from people of Muslim countries that only people like Erdogan are trying gain popularity by hijacking this boycott.

5 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam for example in Iran we can find brands like Pepsi & CocaCola & some brands in agriculture products like fertilizers that agriculture products are coming to Iran by smugglers also this boycott is a reactionary response to France but it doesn't affect militaristic & infrastructure deals of Kuwait and Turkey & other muslim countries & petroleum & car manufacturing deals of Iran   with government of France that I think BDS movement by non muslims was more successful than these poor reactions from people of Muslim countries that only people like Erdogan are trying gain popularity by hijacking this boycott.

I didn’t know that Pepsi and Coca-Cola are Zionist products. I’m addicted to soft drinks. :(

If anyone can help, please link Zionist products to me so that I can boycott all of them. 

Edited by Diaz

Pepsi to buy Israel's SodaStream for $3.2 billion

PepsiCo—From Boycotting Israel to Buying SodaStream for Billions

PepsiCo had agreed to purchase Israel’s SodaStream for $3.2 billion brought a huge smile to my face. SodaStream, you may remember, is a constant target of the BDS movement, and Israel’s detractors have been hounding the company for years. Scarlett Johansson was ostracized for being the company’s spokesperson

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news/articles/pepsico-from-boycotting-israel-to-buying-sodastream-for-billions

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjtuamPxNbsAhWyBGMBHaLICScQFjASegQICRAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.timesofisrael.com%2Fpepsico-will-expand-sodastream-plant-in-southern-israel%2F&usg=AOvVaw3NpvQ2Er0Tty7ZIaksDD7r

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjtuamPxNbsAhWyBGMBHaLICScQFjADegQICBAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dw.com%2Fen%2Fpepsi-to-buy-israels-sodastream-for-32-billion%2Fa-45143069&usg=AOvVaw0Cb1muTSRKllV0MoDuYsP_

Pepsi is an acronym. P-E-P-S-I – Pay Every Pence to Save Israel. Pay every pence – pence is one-hundredth of a dollar – to save Israel. Pay every pence to save Israel…”:D

https://www.newenglishreview.org/blog_direct_link.cfm?blog_id=68173&Pepsi-Or-Pay-Every-Pence-To-Save-Israel

image.jpeg.415486c7512abb1a4166e5484f07fbbd.jpeg

Bahrainis call for boycott of French products

In a statement released Tuesday, a number of Bahraini groups strongly condemned the republication of offensive cartoons about Prophet Muhammad ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) in France.

They also slammed French President Emmanuel Macron for his Islamophobic remarks and his support for the insulting cartoons that have hurt the feelings of over 1.5 billion Muslims around the world.

They urged the Manama regime to summon the French ambassador and convey to him the country’s strong protest.

https://en.abna24.com/news//bahrainis-call-for-boycott-of-french-products_1081509.html

Huge rally in Bangladesh due to Macron's nonsense against Islam 'France Enemy of Muslims'

In Syria people burned pictures of France's leader, tricolour flags were torched in the Libyan capital Tripoli, while French goods have been pulled from supermarket shelves in Qatar, Kuwait and other Persian Gulf states.

Protesters in Dhaka set alight to an effigy of Macron during Tuesday's march in which police said 40,000 people took part, AFP reported.

Hundreds of armed officers used a barbed-wire barricade to stop the demonstrators, who dispersed without violence before they could get close to the French embassy in the Bangladeshi capital.

The rally was called by Islami Andolon Bangladesh (IAB), one of the country's largest Muslim parties, and started at the biggest mosque in the nation, which is around 90 percent Muslim.

"Boycott French products", demonstrators chanted as they called for Macron to be punished.

Ataur Rahman, a senior Islami Andolon member, told the rally at the Baitul Mukarram national mosque: "Macron is one of the few leaders who worship Satan."

"France is the enemy of Muslims. Those who represent them are also our enemies," said Nesar Uddin, a young leader of the group.

Even after the rally was halted, demonstrators marched down other streets chanting "Boycott France" and "Macron will pay a high price".

https://en.abna24.com/news//huge-rally-in-bangladesh-due-to-macrons-nonsense-against-islam-france-enemy-of-muslims_1081502.html

Astan Quds Razavi's custodian: Muslims must ban French products

“If Muslims ban purchase of all French products or if Organization of Islamic Cooperation demands formal apology of French president and announces that buying of French products depends on this apology, French economy will collapse and French people will throw out such a stupid leader”.

Expressing his deep regret over close ties of some Arab leaders with the US and Israel, AQR chief custodian said huge investments of these Arab countries were the main reasons behind their silence.

Referring to Ayatollah Khamenei’s message to the French young people, Hoj. Marvi stated: “Why it is free to insult around two billion Muslims but asking about Holocaust is forbidden? Freedom is a big lie in the West. Freedom has been jailed by the Western officials. They must answer before justice some day in the future”.

https://en.abna24.com/news//astan-quds-razavis-custodian-muslims-must-ban-french-products_1082202.html

Insulting prophets hurts feelings of millions, should stop - says Egypt President

“I think this [freedom of expression] should stop when it comes to hurting the feelings of 1.5 billion or more Muslims”.

Sisi’s remarks come while French President Emmanuel Macron had said France would not renounce cartoons, after a French teacher was killed for showing pupils cartoons distorting the image of Prophet Muhammad.

Let's all agree that extremism is not exclusive to a certain religion. In all religions, sadly, there are extremists who seek to stoke up strife and ignite anger and hate,” Sisi stated.

“The stature of great Prophet Mohamed in the hearts and souls of Muslims all over the world cannot be affected be a say or an act,” the President said, stressing, on the other hand, complete rejection of any violence or terrorism committed under the slogan of defending religion.

“The essence of religion is tolerance... [The prophet] -peace be upon him- entrenched the basis of coexistence, accepting others, and believing in diversity [Let there be no compulsion in religion, 2:256],” Sisi added.

Macron’s remarks have triggered Muslim nations’ anger. Also, campaigns to boycott French products have been circulated and encouraged on social media.

There are more than 1.5B Muslims; if 1% of them are extremists, that is 15M. Can you imagine what would happen to the world if there are 15M terrorists? The number isn't like that at all, President Sisi said, as he attended a ceremony to mark the birthday of Prophet Muhammad, celebrated every year by Muslims in the lunar month of Rabi’ Al-Awwal.

Muslims should not bear the brunt of the actions of a deviated group, Sisi said.

https://en.abna24.com/news//insulting-prophets-hurts-feelings-of-millions-should-stop-says-egypt-president_1081853.html

• Forum Administrators

I have a situation happening at work that links with this situation.

I was creating something that could be seen by people outside of my organisation and needed to use images of certain brands. I had really specific needs so took my own pictures of these brands. The pictures were taken while I was on public land and the brands were as well, a truck on a public highway in one instance.

As is usual in these situations I had to have clearance from our legal people, who would approach the brand owners and ask for permission to use those images. Amongst the bits of information I had to provide was 'context of use', i.e. I was not using those images to say something bad about the brand, if I was permission would not be given.

Of course people can point out 'differences' between the cartoon situation and what I am dealing with. But as I see it the 'freedom of speech' idea is not universal and it certainly has a variety of clauses and exceptions built in.

• Moderators

I think these types of boycotts do work, to an extent. They can't solve everything but they do create a pressure loop within France between the companies that sell these products that are being boycotted and the French Government, led now, unfortunately by Macron. We, as muslims should learn how these pressure loops work and how to create them and strengthen them strategically when we are attacked. You don't have to agree with all of the policies of the Kuwaiti government to agree with this. Lets take it one by one. From his recent statements, it is clear to me know that Macron is a bigot and an Islamophobe, and I am not saying this about the French people generally but about him specifically. The recent statements of Macron were an attack on the religion of Islam, not just certain muslims. Maybe if these boycotts continue and extend, it will encourage him to keep his mouth shut and refrain from interjecting his 'theories' about Islam into French society and by extension, the world, since he is a head of state. 

Edited by Abu Hadi
  • Advanced Member
On 10/25/2020 at 5:11 AM, Haji 2003 said:

ElHHvacXUAAdVP6?format=jpg&name=medium

This was my favorite cheese back in the day.

I am surprised Kuwaitis are boycotting. I didn’t even know that there were French products lol 

Kuwaiti association launched a plan to introduce Prophet Muhammad to non-Muslims