Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Would you STILL worship God IF... Be Honest!

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
16 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

One does not mean that two things become one

Does one means it becomes two in anyway? Like phrase "multiplicity in unity"? 

16 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

Cold and Heat are conceptually two things.  Similarly, A’bid and Ma’bud are, in concept alone, two things.

This would mean that in reality Abid is the Ma'bud. Hence you arrive to the same claim "ana allah"! 

Brother, are we obliged to go that far? I believe that there is nothing like God "laitha kamithlehe shay". I believe that God is with us "wa huwa ma'akum", here too you can see the duality "huwa" + "kum". 

I believe I am His sign, manifestation of His knowledge and power.

Can sunrays be understood as Sun? 

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First off, I wouldn't want eternal life on this earth. I see too much sorrow and misery in it and I can't imagine it carrying on forever, having to feel that pain as everyone I know dies and yet I rem

@313_Waiter@notme@Cool@al-Muttaqin@khamosh21@Northwest@Shahrukh K@shia farm girl So long as God is worshipped by a separate or independent self (individual nafs), wherein there is a duality bet

Your nafs dislikes the idea because your nafs would like to think it is free.  But it is not your nafs that is free (never was and never will be).  It is the spirit (ruh) that is free (if and when it

Posted Images

• Advanced Member
13 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

Good question!

But let me ask you:

How does the fingertip touch it’s own tip?  

Answer:

By simply not doing anything special! By simply being what it already is.  Because the fingertip is its own touch!  

Similarly, awareness is self-aware not by doing anything special or unique but by simply being what it already is. The Self is aware of Itself by simply being because it’s very being is it’s own awareness of itself.  Awareness is self-aware.  

Alright,  but 'I am' is only a limited reality as I am not completely aware of anything other than "I". 

How do I then surrender myself to the absolute? When I love this 'I'?

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, Cool said:

Does one means it becomes two in anyway? Like phrase "multiplicity in unity"? 

“Not two” is what is really meant by Oneness.  This is because Oneness truly has no opposite (like multiplicity). True Oneness (or Not Two) is not opposite Multiplicity.  

6 hours ago, Cool said:

This would mean that in reality Abid is the Ma'bud. Hence you arrive to the same claim "ana allah"! 

There is nothing wrong with “Ana Allah”.  It is a Quranic verse.  The one that says “Ana Allah” is not a separate Self. 

6 hours ago, Cool said:

Brother, are we obliged to go that far? I believe that there is nothing like God "laitha kamithlehe shay". I believe that God is with us "wa huwa ma'akum", here too you can see the duality "huwa" + "kum". 

Are you obliged? no one is obliged.  

some, however, are interested in the Truth, and so they have the right to know the Truth.  

and yes, there truly Is nothing like God!  This is all the more reason why there is no self but The Self and why we should not associate Self with anyone or anything else!

and yes, God is truly my with us wherever we are, and this makes even more sense because what we perceive as separate self is in fact mistaken for the Self of God!  That is why He is with us wherever we are because He is our Self that we have mistaken for a separate self!

6 hours ago, Cool said:

I believe I am His sign, manifestation of His knowledge and power.

6 hours ago, Cool said:

Will continue...

• Advanced Member
13 hours ago, Cool said:

i believe I am His sign, manifestation of His knowledge and power.

Who is aware of this belief?  

I understand there is this belief...

but examine the fact that this belief is a thought (or a set of thoughts).  And all these thoughts exist in awareness, by awareness, with awareness and through awareness.  These thoughts are inert and dead.  It is the awareness of these thoughts that is truly alive, not the thoughts.  Who or what is this awareness of everything?  Who or what is this awareness by which and in which everything is subjected to?  This awareness is who you really are.  It is not who you THINK you are (for it is not a thought).  Rather it is who you ARE, it is your very Being.  

13 hours ago, Cool said:

If Sunrays are essentially nothing but light, then it is of the same substance as the Sun.  

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, Justsomeone said:

Alright,  but 'I am' is only a limited reality ". 

can that which is aware of certain limits be limited to those limits?

as I am not completely aware of anything other than "I

if you are not aware of X, Y and Z, how are you aware of this?  

you said you are not completely aware.  If so, how are you completely aware that you are not completely aware?  

7 hours ago, Justsomeone said:

How do I then surrender myself to the absolute? When I love this 'I'?

Who is asking this question?  who is surrendering?  Who is loving this apparent “I”.  

• Advanced Member
12 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

can that which is aware of certain limits be limited to those limits?

Just as I am a limited reality, I am also a limited awareness. 

So, I don't see why not.

16 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

if you are not aware of X, Y and Z, how are you aware of this?  

you said you are not completely aware.  If so, how are you completely aware that you are not completely aware

I am not completely aware of others. I am only completely aware of myself. Then again, am I really?

19 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

Who is asking this question?  who is surrendering?  Who is loving this apparent “I”.

I don't understand what you're trying ro say here...

Guest TheAnticipator12

Should poverty, illness and death not exist; man would not bow to anything - Imam Hussain (a), on Nuzhat al-Nadher wa Tanbeeh al-Khatir , P. 80

Your question about this hypothetical situation had been answered by the Imam (a) himself. I stand by his eminence (a) 's words too. But realities stated otherwise... 

He requires us to bow and worship Him, or more accurately, we need to bow and worship Almighty God because our fundamental state of perpetual neediness and poverty as a God's creation.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Justsomeone said:

Just as I am a limited reality, I am also a limited awareness. 

So, I don't see why not.

if you are a limited reality, how can you be aware of those limits?  If there was never anything but one black color in existence how could one (who is in such a world) possibly come to the conclusion that there is only the color black?  In the same way, if you are certainly aware of your limits, then you are most definitely not limited by your very awareness of those limits.  

I am not completely aware of others.

how do you completely know that you are not completely aware of others?  

I am only completely aware of myself. Then again, am I really?

What is there absolute certain about?  

I don't understand what you're trying ro say here...

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

There is nothing wrong with “Ana Allah”.  It is a Quranic verse

But there is another Quranic verse which says "inna lillah". Who is that which is surrendering himself here, declaring him solely "for Allah"? 

The same verse also mentions the "rij'at" (return) to Allah "ilayhe raji'oon". 

9 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

and yes, there truly Is nothing like God!  This is all the more reason why there is no self but The Self 

Although I am understanding what you're trying to say, but you're using very bold words. So if there is no self but The Self, what is this thing in the following verse?

وَنَفْسٍ وَمَا سَوَّاهَا

91:7

God is not something which can be termed as formed (sawwaha), neither is He a thing whose knowledge could increase or decrease or who learn

فَأَلْهَمَهَا فُجُورَهَا وَتَقْوَاهَا

91:8

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

Who is aware of this belief?  

بَلِ الْإِنسَانُ عَلَى نَفْسِهِ بَصِيرَةٌ

75:14 nay, but man shall against himself be an eye-witness,

If Sunrays are essentially nothing but light, then it is of the same substance as the Sun.  

Now you have made it clear which I was looking for. In a sense you can perceive Sun rays as as Sun. 

• Advanced Member
22 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

if you are a limited reality, how can you be aware of those limits?  If there was never anything but one black color in existence how could one (who is in such a world) possibly come to the conclusion that there is only the color black?  In the same way, if you are certainly aware of your limits, then you are most definitely not limited by your very awareness of those limits.  

how do you completely know that you are not completely aware of others?  

What is there absolute certain about?  

Because ultimately,  there are a lot of things that I am not aware of. Am I aware of what you look like? No. Am I aware of all that is happening in reality? No. Heck I am not even completely aware of this body!

Just as I am a limited reality, I am a limited awareness too

• Veteran Member
2 minutes ago, Cool said:

Actually, there are many verses, 

l had misread the post and went to Ayat 96:7 initially, where there is the himself--self-sufficient adjoined.  l understand this as:

My nafs is dependent on Allah -(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).

l'm getting sleepy and not forming my thinking properly, so what is your critique?

• Veteran Member
5 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

If you are saying Allah is asking these questions, surrendering, loving why didn’t Allah (whether in Quran or ahadith) explicitly tell us our “True Self” is Allah?

• Basic Members

There are narrations that mention in the particle world, before we were created, we witnessed the creation, therefore our subconscious mind already knows of God and submits to Him.

There was a study done about left and right brain interaction using split brain patients who had epilepsy. One of the patients in the study who was asked if he believed in God, his right hemisphere said no and his left hemisphere said yes...just so you know...your left hemisphere is linked to LOGICAL thinking, math, writing etc. Whereas your right hemisphere is your imagination and creativity. Your subconscious knows of God's existence. 

Here is all the information on the study:

Check the description box for all book references and studies done. 

Here is the video about the particle world:

Please correct me if I'm wrong with anything. I'm just sharing the facts that I know of. If there is a mistake, I apologize.

To answer your question, yes. I will still worship God. Subconsciously I know there is a creator. What else would I be doing with my time if not to worship and be thankful? I just don't understand how you can look at anything in this world, a leaf for example, and not believe in a Creator...no one on this Earth can recreate what God has already created. Furthermore, scientists have already tried to recreate an ecosystem like Earth in closed biodomes, it isn't possible and it isn't random. There is only one way to do it and it requires very specific measurements and calculations. Our existence isn't random like so many people believe it to be. Every particle in this world submits to their Lord, including your left hemisphere brain, whether you believe or not.

• Advanced Member
13 hours ago, 313_Waiter said:

If you are saying Allah is asking these questions, surrendering, loving why didn’t Allah (whether in Quran or ahadith) explicitly tell us our “True Self” is Allah?

“I am the hearing by which my servant hears, I am the sight by which my servant sees. Etc etc”.

“He who knows his self has certainly known his Lord”

Hadith Qudsiyya:  “I asked you for food, and you denied me food. ..etc etc”

The thing about this principle is that it doesn’t mean much to be explicit about it, because if you are explicit about it, then it that means the Truth as such is not explicit enough.

• Advanced Member
18 hours ago, Cool said:

But there is another Quranic verse which says "inna lillah". Who is that which is surrendering himself here, declaring him solely "for Allah"? 

Although I am understanding what you're trying to say, but you're using very bold words. So if there is no self but The Self, what is this thing in the following verse?

وَنَفْسٍ وَمَا سَوَّاهَا

God is not something which can be termed as formed (sawwaha), neither is He a thing whose knowledge could increase or decrease or who learn

There is an apparent separate self. 

• Advanced Member
18 hours ago, Cool said:

Yes,

so of course here is belonging to God and returning back to God / Self.  (Such verses are very meaningful to me and resonate well with whatever I am saying...)  in fact I don’t see it makes sense any other way! 

i am not sure what seems to be the issue.

there is the One and only True Self.  But then there is also an apparent illusory / separate self. 

So there is an apparent separation.  Which is all the more reason why the verse makes even more sense:  indeed we belong to the Self (even if we may think we are separate and have our own real selves?) and since we truly belong to the Self in substance, we  are therefore returning to the Self.  The waves come from the Ocean and go back into the Ocean but are of the same substance as the Ocean.

وَنَفْسٍ وَمَا سَوَّاهَا

Apparent self.

Edited by eThErEaL
  • Advanced Member
18 hours ago, Justsomeone said:

Because ultimately,  there are a lot of things that I am not aware of.

you would have to know those things you are not aware of if you are certainly aware that you do not know those things.  

1) You are aware that you are aware.  2) since there is nothing you can know without awareness, all knowing is through and in awareness.  

3) There is nothing you are not aware because if there were certainty of this you would have to be aware of what you are not aware of.  You are saying that There is a part of existence That you do not know.  How then do you know of existence at all? How do you know that there even is an existence?  Because YOU are aware of existence to begin with.  Existence exists through your awareness.  So, in what possible way, can you say that there is a part of existence that you do not know?  How can you possibly even KNOW that there is a part of existence that you do not know? 

I am not saying you do not feel that you do not know.  I am sure you have a feeling that you do not know many things.  But this is just evidence of you being aware of a a certain feeling.  
such a feeing is the result of thoughts that say “I do not know this and I do not know that”.  Note:  these are just thoughts that exist in your awareness.  Your thoughts are not proof that in fact do not know!   

Am I aware of what you look like?

you have a mental image of me that you refer to as “ethereal”.  You have a thought that says, ethereal “exists” as a human OUTSIDE my current sense perception.  

These are just thoughts that exist in awareness.  This is not evidence that you do not aware of how I look, this is just evidence of thoughts.  

Edited by eThErEaL
  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, eThErEaL said:

Yes,

so of course here is belonging to God and returning back to God / Self.  (Such verses are very meaningful to me and resonate well with whatever I am saying...)  in fact I don’t see it makes sense any other way! 

i am not sure what seems to be the issue.

there is the One and only True Self.  But then there is also an apparent illusory / separate self. 

So there is an apparent separation.  Which is all the more reason why the verse makes even more sense:  indeed we belong to the Self (even if we may think we are separate and have our own real selves?) and since we truly belong to the Self in substance, we  are therefore returning to the Self.  The waves come from the Ocean and go back into the Ocean but are of the same substance as the Ocean.

Apparent self.

I understood this post better so I'll quote this one...

I understand that there is a self that we call God and there is a separate self.

But when I say 'I', am I not referring to my separate self?

• Advanced Member
23 minutes ago, Justsomeone said:

I understood this post better so I'll quote this one...

I understand that there is a self that we call God and there is a separate self.

But when I say 'I', am I not referring to my separate self?

ask yourself the following question:

Who or what is aware of these words right now? 

if you prefer:  who or what is experiencing these words right now?

or:  who or what is knowing these words right now?

whatever you are right now thinking (This or that thought), right now feeling (this or that feeling) or right now sensing (This or that sensation),  simply ask:  who or what is aware of this right now? If you say “ME”,  then what or who is “me”.  Is it a body?  A brain? A mind?  A soul? A name that you were given?  All of these things are themselves objects I’m within your awareness.  How then is it possible for you to be those things which you are aware of?  

If you want to lie down on your bed and you are tired, then ask:  What is that which is aware of this tiredness, what is this awareness of the desire to lie down.  Try to be interested in the awareness of these these sensations, the awareness of these thoughts or the awareness of these feelings.  
@CoolDon’t get lost (as we often do) in the sensations, thoughts or feelings themselves.  Rather, return (Irj’i) gently with interest to that which is aware of the thoughts, feelings or sensations.  

• Advanced Member
53 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

ask yourself the following question:

Who or what is aware of these words right now? 

if you prefer:  who or what is experiencing these words right now?

or:  who or what is knowing these words right now?

whatever you are right now thinking (This or that thought), right now feeling (this or that feeling) or right now sensing (This or that sensation),  simply ask:  who or what is aware of this right now? If you say “ME”,  then what or who is “me”.  Is it a body?  A brain? A mind?  A soul? A name that you were given?  All of these things are themselves objects I’m within your awareness.  How then is it possible for you to be those things which you are aware of?  

If you want to lie down on your bed and you are tired, then ask:  What is that which is aware of this tiredness, what is this awareness of the desire to lie down.  Try to be interested in the awareness of these these sensations, the awareness of these thoughts or the awareness of these feelings.  
@CoolDon’t get lost (as we often do) in the sensations, thoughts or feelings themselves.  Rather, return (Irj’i) gently with interest to that which is aware of the thoughts, feelings or sensations.  

So you're saying I am my awareness?  

But see, there are other awarenesses too just as there are other realities which ultimately is 'a part of' an absolute reality and awareness. But am ''I'' the absolute awareness? Nope. Just as I am not the absolute reality. 

• Advanced Member

So you're saying I am my awareness?  

you are awareness.  Really speaking, it is not “your” or my” or “his” or “her” awareness.  Awareness is not confined nor does it belong to or possessed by an individual because there is awareness of the individual.  So by that very fact, awareness cannot be confined to an individual.  

But see, there are other awarenesses too just as there are other realities

The so called “other awarenesses” are actually just inert thoughts within One awareness. The awareness through which, by which, and within which everything is experienced by your apparent self and my apparent self is in fact just One identical awareness.  

Your awareness makes knowledge possible.  You are saying you don’t know the other awarenesses.  But my question to you is: how do you know that you don’t know of other awarenesses?  

which ultimately is 'a part of' an absolute reality and awareness. But am ''I'' the absolute awareness? Nope. Just as I am not the absolute reality. 

Will continue

• Advanced Member

am not sure what seems to be the issue.

The issue here seems complex. It is an endless question & answer session and the answer remains "yes & no".

As we become "Mushrik" in a second, I am just trying to get to the bottom of the meaning of what you're trying to say.

So if there is also an "apparent self" which you called as illusory/saperate self, how can it becomes an illusion while Allah is saying "He is apparent" (هو الظاهر)? 

Apparent self.

From many years I am in a state of هو/لا هو. Now I come to the conclusion that I cannot go beyond that state. I am scared to go beyond that therefore pausing at "inna lillahe wa inna ilayhe raji'oon". 

3 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

Rather, return (Irj’i) gently with interest to that which is aware of the thoughts, feelings or sensations.  

This "return" is also a complex issue if we keep in mind "He is with you wherever you are". 

When & how was I be away from Him so that I need to return? Perhaps it is the "ghaflah" which causes the saperation and I need to return back to consciousness. 

I am just trying to not be a Kafir & not be a Mushrik @eThErEaL.

• Advanced Member
20 hours ago, Justsomeone said:

But am ''I'' the absolute awareness? Nope. Just as I am not the absolute reality. 

so you are absolute awareness and you are absolute reality.  There is no reality other than the Absolute.  All limited realities, of any, are merely apparent.

• Advanced Member
19 hours ago, Cool said:

The issue here seems complex. It is an endless question & answer session and the answer remains "yes & no".

I am not saying anything different.  This is exactly what is meant by “illusion”.  Illusion means “yes/no”.
Each wave is at once the Ocean and not the Ocean.  It is the Ocean insofar as it’s substance is concerned but it is not the Ocean insofar as we take into consideration the limits of the wave (i.e. of the wave in and of itself).  Think of a mirage.  It is illusory.  This mean that what you are looking at is water/not water.  

Again, yes/no.  

He/not He (Huwa / La Huwa), (Tashbih/ Tanzih),

(God’s Mercy / God’s Wrath),

God Right Hand  / God’s Left Hand),

Zahir / Batin, or

Beauty / Majesty, or

God’s Unveiling / God’s Veiling.  

The separate self is the Self and it is not the Self.  The separate self is not the Self insofar as it is limited. The separate self is nothing but the Self in its essential nature (in substance).  

As we become "Mushrik" in a second, I am just trying to get to the bottom of the meaning of what you're trying to say.

If asserting the Truth makes me a mushrik, I don’t mind being a mushrik.
if you had to choose between religion and the Truth, you should choose the Truth and allow religion to kick the bucket.  It so happens, however, that the Truth can be found in religion!  Who would have imagined!!!???

So this means that you get to have your cake and eat it too!  Aren’t you lucky?  

So if there is also an "apparent self" which you called as illusory/saperate self, how can it becomes an illusion while Allah is saying "He is apparent" (هو الظاهر)? 

you are using verses that I myself would typically use to prove my point!  

the Self is at once Hidden and Apparent.  This means that the separate self is the Self inasmuch as the separate self appears (or inasmuch as the separate self is manifest).  This is why the separate self is illusory.  Illusion means yes/no.

From many years I am in a state of هو/لا هو. Now I come to the conclusion that I cannot go beyond that state. I am scared to go beyond that therefore pausing at "inna lillahe wa inna ilayhe raji'oon". 

But I am not saying anything different! 
well I am actually.  When you say “Huwa/ La Huwa” you are thinking about it. 
But When you apply “Huwa / La Huwa” to direct awareness or self and to experience, you are a bit uneasy because it forces you to not just THINK about it but to directly BE THAT.  
It is something you have to look into.  For many many years, I used to just think about Huwa/ La Huwa.  That alone sufficed.  But then I was introduced to it in a more far more real manner. And this is what I am attempting to share.

This "return" is also a complex issue if we keep in mind "He is with you wherever you are". 

He is with us wherever we are but we are not with Him in as much as we become deluded by the illusion of separate identity.  But in as much as we recognize the illusion as an illusion and inasmuch as we do not become deluded by the illusion, we are making the voluntary return back to who we already are (namely, Self).  

When & how was I be away from Him so that I need to return?

Exactly.  You are Him.  How can you be away from Him?  He is with you wherever you are but you are not necessarily with Him.  Only when you are deluded are you not with Him, but when you are not deluded and when you see the illusion as an illusion (i.e. when you do not buy into the illusion by believing in separation) then you are with Him and He is with you.  By letting go of your separate identity by you not believing that you have a separate self, you return to your true Self.

Perhaps it is the "ghaflah" which causes the saperation and I need to return back to consciousness. 

I am just trying to not be a Kafir & not be a Mushrik @eThErEaL.

You should simply follow the Truth and the Truth alone shall set you free.  If that makes you a Kafir or a Mushrik then so be it!  Welcome it!  

Edited by eThErEaL
  • Advanced Member
7 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

You should simply follow the Truth and the Truth alone shall set you free.  

I think I am trying to do that i.e following the Truth by following that which is sent "By Truth" ( بالحق) and that is with Truth (مع الحق). 

• Advanced Member

This whole thread is mind cutting. Let’s say God is within us and we incline to do something wrong which we view as a right, e.g. we take one extra date from the market or we put one more minute worked it doesn’t harm no one of course but are we harming ourself and thus God? Or am I mistaken

• Advanced Member
49 minutes ago, Labbayka said:

This whole thread is mind cutting. Let’s say God is within us and we incline to do something wrong which we view as a right, e.g. we take one extra date from the market or we put one more minute worked it doesn’t harm no one of course but are we harming ourself and thus God? Or am I mistaken

You misunderstood....

It's hard to explain since we can't really grasp it.

It goes like this: reality exists right? And there is a reality even when we don't know it. All this is ultimately a reality. And reality is absolute since any borders to the reality would also be a reality. Does this not remind you of how we define God?

Now you'd say that I'm basically saying that I am part of God. Well not exactly, how can the absolute have parts? 

So to understand our existence we take analogies of waves in relation to ocean or the number 1 in relation to infinity. Waves are not the ocean but are through the ocean, same thing with the number... Those are obviously not perfect analogies. 

The conclusion that we come to is that we are illusory at least in contrast to the absolute (we are basically nothing, we as in the apparent self that is body mind etc....)

Keep in mind these are not perfect explanation. Language is too limited a tool to expalin this and our own mind is too limited to comprehend it.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Labbayka said:

Let’s say God is within us

He is with you, not in you.

و هو معكم اين ما كنتم

So where your soul resides? Imprisoned somewhere in your body? 

Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has also said:

هو الظاهر هو الباطن 

No one here is claiming to be God. 

• Advanced Member

It goes like this: reality exists right?

allow me to point a few things out.  

Right, there is reality (there is something rather than nothing).  There is certitude of this.

And there is a reality even when we don't know it.

(correction) 

There surely is reality, and there is certitude of this.  That there is reality is itself knowing.  
You saying:  “even when we do not know it”  doesn’t make sense.  

Reality is not a mere conceptual truth that we can talk about independently of directly knowing it.  Reality is real and non-conceptual because it is directly presenced.  Reality is real and non-conceptual precisely because it is directly known. 

If the reality you speak of is something that is not “necessarily” known, then this reality is a mere thought or idea or concept you have.  You are confusing the concept for the thing-itself (the referent of the concept).  

The question you have to ask yourself is what accounts for the certitude of reality itself (not the mere concept of it) but reality itself.  

Let us put it another way....

how is it known that there is definitely something rather than nothing ?

the answer is that, I AM.  I certainly AM.  

this is the only thing you cannot doubt.  but don’t take my word for it, verify this for yourself.

now take it from there.  Who Am I?

All you can say is:  I am that I am.  

Everything else is a belief about who I AM.  I was born, I will die, I am limited, I know only this and that, I am one of many I and.  I am beautiful, I am ugly.  Etc etc.  all these descriptions or ideas or thoughts, are simply thoughts you have believed in about who you ARE.  But just stick to what is known for certain or what is directly known for certain.  

All this is ultimately a reality.

There is only reality.  Not a reality or many realities.  Just reality.  Because on what basis are you distinguishing “many realities”?  So you have it right about the borders.  But don’t think about it, be sure about it.  Directly be certain of borderless reality by seeing that you ARE THAT.

Now you'd say that I'm basically saying that I am part of God. Well not exactly, how can the absolute have parts? 

yes.  Exactly.  

The conclusion that we come to is that we are illusory at least in contrast to the absolute (we are basically nothing, we as in the apparent self that is body mind etc....)

yes