Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Would you STILL worship God IF... Be Honest!

Rate this topic

• Development Team
1 hour ago, eThErEaL said:

Oh.  I am a proud atheist.  I wonder what harm this is causing you.

None whatsoever but why does it bother you that I'm a theist? What difference would it make to you if I wasn't?

It is like examining someone who is mentally psychotic.  You will ask the psycho why he is afraid of the boogyman etc etc.

Therein lies the problem with pride, not all believers of religion are psychotic. 

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First off, I wouldn't want eternal life on this earth. I see too much sorrow and misery in it and I can't imagine it carrying on forever, having to feel that pain as everyone I know dies and yet I rem

@313_Waiter@notme@Cool@al-Muttaqin@khamosh21@Northwest@Shahrukh K@shia farm girl So long as God is worshipped by a separate or independent self (individual nafs), wherein there is a duality bet

I don't worship Allah because of fear of hell. I worship Him because it brings peace and baraka to my life, it makes me feel safe knowing that I have sought help and refuge from a God that has control

Posted Images

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

if they were were not inflicted with sickness, old age, weakness, suffering, poverty and hunger.  By worship, I mean, would you still follow God’s commandments and prohibitions etc etc.  

Elhamdillah.

Many of us have been blessed and we have not yet been afflicted by any of that.

And sometimes, life feels like an eternity.

Yet we still worship Allah.

So why would that change in 1000 years? It will only get stronger.

Unfortunately, those who lack faith deny this possibility, because the possibility did not exist in the first place. So of course, it is difficult for them to accept it thereafter.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, ServantOfTheHousehold said:

@eThErEaL yes i would because in the end Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) can always take that away. in the end he is still my god, my master, and my creator.

Yes, but let us say you are reassured by God that He won’t take it away. “I promise!”

• Advanced Member

Is it really that hard to admit I aM a pathetic loser that is completely selfish and self-centered and if I am allowed to do anything I want and given whatever I want, whenever I want I will not give a hoot about God or religion?

I guess I am the only one?  

Edited by eThErEaL
  • Advanced Member
9 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

Hey guys,

so I was wondering if there are any Muslims here that can honestly and sincerely say that they would still worship God if they were granted immortal lives on this earth, and if they were were not inflicted with sickness, old age, weakness, suffering, poverty and hunger.  By worship, I mean, would you still follow God’s commandments and prohibitions etc etc.  

Because I, as a proud Atheist, cannot honestly imagine why anyone would worship a God if there was no Hell consequence and if everything already is like a virtual paradise.   Just be honest with yourself before replying.  Be a bit introspective and then reply please.  

Thank you!!!!

To be sincere I won't.

But yes if someone amongst  us sinsitise us that all this blessings is from Allah and tell us that we should thank Him and worship Him.Then may be I would thank and worship Allah for this blessings.

• Development Team
21 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

Is it really that hard to admit I aM a pathetic loser that is completely selfish and self-centered and if I am allowed to do anything I want and given whatever I want, whenever I want I will not give a hoot about God or religion?

No, it's not. You have your beliefs and I have mine, however it would be pathetic for you to continue to  your "diagnostics".

• Veteran Member
32 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

I am also a pathetic gunagar, but is it wrong to hope that you wouldn’t be so self-centred?

What would you do if you were in this guy’s position:

• Veteran Member

Isn't the OP the veteran atheist member who kept appearing as a muslim through earlier this year? Back to Darwinism's clothing I see. Anyway to answer the question, it would only be proper to obey my Creator and seek His nearness. This reality, the suffering and pleasure, the knowledge and oblivion are child's play. Only unfortunate minds deal with these. The best mystery and the greatest treasure is He, and should be sought above all else. What is even immortality on its own without all the countless provisions and respite from Him.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

None whatsoever but why does it bother you that I'm a theist? What difference would it make to you if I wasn't?

2 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Therein lies the problem with pride, not all believers of religion are psychotic. 

prove to me you are not psychotic for saying a god exists.

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, 313_Waiter said:

Imagine you are on that paradise right now, you are eating your favourite food (biryani or halwa puri), wouldn’t you get bored and say what’s the point!? Even if I had an unlimited variety of foods, I’d still get bored. Wouldn’t you want to find out why am I here, where did I come from and where am I going (if I will end up somewhere else)?

For me, personally (I hope) it is about the truth. If I know that God is, I will follow al-Haqq. Because that is the ultimate reality. 

this is by far a very good answer.  Mashallah.  You are a Truth Seeker.  very rare.  Ma'rifa is your path brother.

Edited by eThErEaL
  • Moderators
7 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

So there are 24 hours in a day.  How many of those 24 hrs do show gratitude to Him?  is it more than 90%, more than 80%, more than 70% ? Do you show gratitude to Him while sleeping?  If you show gratitude to God more than 90% in a day then ill take what you said as an honest answer.  But if you don't show gratitude more than 50% in a day, then you cannot possibly be honest in your answer. 

Who decided this  cut off? You? On what criteria?

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

Will there be anything like good or bad. I think there will be no concept good or bad in that situation.

Once there nothing like bad or good, then one is free to do anything.

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, Hadi5 said:

Will there be anything like good or bad. I think there will be no concept good or bad in that situation.

Once there nothing like bad or good, then one is free to do anything.

Why wouldn’t there be a good or bad...  there are still commandments in that situation.  Right?

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, dragonxx said:

Elhamdillah.

Many of us have been blessed and we have not yet been afflicted by any of that.

And sometimes, life feels like an eternity.

Yet we still worship Allah.

So why would that change in 1000 years? It will only get stronger.

Unfortunately, those who lack faith deny this possibility, because the possibility did not exist in the first place. So of course, it is difficult for them to accept it thereafter.

So, in 24hrs, how often do you follow God’s commandment to remember Him a lot (while standing, sitting, laying down etc).?

Are you like a 100% or are you at least above 50%?

because you are describing yourself as a saint.

Edited by eThErEaL
  • Moderators
7 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

So if you are love struck, you just happen to be different.  Not everyone is love struck.  If one is not love struck by God then would it it be alright then to disobey God?

But on a more important note:

You are apparently of those few people who are love struck by God.   

More people would be in my state in they chose to ponder. I don't know if you are a parent yet, I am and I see so many parallels between a mother-small child and God-human relationship. Mother nourishes her baby, protects him from dangers, take care of all his needs, showers him with love but also demands that the child listen to him. She sometimes has to be stern with the child in order to enforce the rules even though those are for the benefits of the child himself( brush your teeth every night, wash hands before eating, take enough sleep, eat healthy etc) Allah does the same and despite moments of irritation and exasperation at the rule enforcing and scolding the child's still loves her mother and seeks only her for comfort and knows no one understands him better than her.

Allah says his love for us is 70x that of the mother.

Why would I not love Him back. He has taken care of me in countless ways all my life.

Had you asked would someone disobey Allah if his life was full of misery despite obeying Allah, it would have made more sense. But why go against Him when everything is good?? It's like saying you work under someone who pays you very well, makes you work very little or not at all, doesn't mind how late you show up to work , gives you quarterly bonuses, paid leaves and all the other perks and benefits you can think of, so would you continue doing what you are doing or start an office revolt against him? 

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

Well, before we digress...first give me the percentage please.  “Show me the money!”

Maybe that's too personal and I don't want to share. ;)

You have asked this from everyone so you should bring up the basis for it. 

Suffice it to say, It's not always about the quantity, it's the quality and the amount of effort you put in.

If you sleep in wudhu, it's akin to spending the whole night in worship. When you work to earn halal rizq for your family, it's His worship and obedience. 

• Advanced Member
40 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

So, in 24hrs, how often do you follow God’s commandment to remember Him a lot (while standing, sitting, laying down etc).?

Are you like a 100% or are you at least above 50%?

because you are describing yourself as a saint.

Just an honest question, how do you cope with knowing you could like END at any given moment, or is there more to atheism than that?

• Advanced Member
12 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

so I was wondering if there are any Muslims here that can honestly and sincerely say that they would still worship God if they were granted immortal lives on this earth, and if they were were not inflicted with sickness, old age, weakness, suffering, poverty and hunger.  By worship, I mean, would you still follow God’s commandments and prohibitions etc etc.  

Yes, 

"Inna lillahe wa inna elaihe raj'oon" is the reason. Even if we become immortals, our needfullness to exist as immortals would not cease. And that would be sufficient reason to worship Him. 

• Advanced Member

Why wouldn’t there be a good or bad...  there are still commandments in that situation.  Right?

Something is always prohibited when it's negative implications.

Still I can't say I will worship.

May be I will worship Allah

• Veteran Member

this is by far a very good answer.  Mashallah.  You are a Truth Seeker.  very rare.  Ma'rifa is your path brother.

Thanks brother. I hope you are right.

" Know that the life of this world is but a sport, wanton, an empty show, (a source of) boasting among yourselves and an emulous quest for more riches and children. It is like the rain, the vegetation produced whereby pleases the cultivators. Then it (- the vegetation) blooms and flourishes so that you can see it turn yellow (on ripening). Then (there comes a time when) it becomes (worthless) chaff. But the Hereafter promises both, a severe punishment (for the wicked) and (for the righteous there is) protection from Allâh and (His) pleasure. The life of this world is nothing but a (temporary) enjoyment of delusive things ".
Al-Hadid 20

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

What kind of pain do you feel when you do wrong? (what if God created you in such a way that you don't feel that pain, but instead you feel pleasure when doing wrong.

Well the pleasure of doing right is better than the pleasure of doing wrong

You are describing it like paradise, and in paradise we will be thankful to Allah, He gave us such incredible abilities, and the least we can do is be thankful, and one good deed leads to another, so humans, even in eternal paradise will be praying, because who ever loves Allah, his love will drive him/her to the path of Allah, and along the path we will find praying, remembering him, etc......

The root to all our good deeds is loving and being thankful to Allah

• Advanced Member

I think the answer to this question from me would be a straight no. There's already no Hell for believers unless they have done some very gruesome things. Even then it's up to the Judgement of Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) because His(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) mercy is too great to send anyone to hell except the rejectors who rejected out of arrogance and stubborn-ness according to hadith. As Imam Sajjad(عليه السلام) once said: I question the man who ended up in Hell despite the mercy of Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). How did you get there? The answer is we create our own Hell through our actions. Though while we're being honest. I fear the punishment of the grave far more than Hell because that's a fate which everyone will experience when the grave will be squeezed. It's a mercy of Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) but it's painful nonetheless. 

Though as for a care-free life where I can do everything and anything that I wanted. You're basically saying what if Life was like a Purge movie and God was okay with it. If my transgressions include let's say for example the desire for gambling. And I go become a poker player. But another person's desire is to oppress people. That's a dilemma.

We're not slaves who worship Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) because we fear punishment nor merchants who worship because they want things. We're free men because we recognize there's no one worthy of worship except Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). And that's Imaan.

Though the pleasures of heaven at the end of the day are not fulfilling desires of all kinds. The ultimate reward is to stand before Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) in His mercy and glory. This statement is best explained by this short 2 minutes and 57 seconds video by Sayed Baqer Al Qazwini:

And this video best explains Desire: 

Edited by El Cid
  • Development Team
4 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

prove to me you are not psychotic for saying a god exists.

What kind of proof are you looking for?

Because right now you're proving my point that:

1.) You don't want to have an open discussion with me or anybody else, the entire thread is a simply an loaded question.

2.) You take pride being atheist, therefore you probably think you're better than me. It hurts your feelings of pride that I do not accept your views. I think your pride is misguided and misplaced.

3.) Therefore, you think there must be something mentally deficient with me that I believe in a religion that has values, rules and regulations that you don't agree with. It is conceited to try and identify me as a psychopath.

4.) I think you don't even know what psychopathy is. Most people think it means being crazy. When it really that person is extremely anti-social, amoral and manipulative. The concept of morality doesn't exist for psychopaths.

Psychopathy is defined as a mental (antisocial) disorder in which an individual manifests amoral and antisocial behavior, shows a lack of ability to love or establish meaningful personal relationships, expresses extreme egocentricity, and demonstrates a failure to learn from experience and other behaviors associated with the condition.

^ Doesn't sound like me at all.

• Veteran Member
17 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

I was wondering if there are any Muslims here that can honestly and sincerely say that they would still worship God if they were granted immortal lives on this earth, and if they were were not inflicted with sickness, old age, weakness, suffering, poverty and hunger.  By worship, I mean, would you still follow God’s commandments and prohibitions etc etc.

Yes, because if for no other reason than as a "Thank You". A supplement to this is "fear of Allah's -(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). " displeasure (human word) because if He -(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). granted such before the Hereafter [as "immortal" can only last until J-Day] He -(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). can also take it away. Quick ref: Job Chapter 0ne.

• Advanced Member
17 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

Hey guys,

Because I, as a proud Atheist, cannot honestly imagine why anyone would worship a God if there was no Hell consequence and if everything already is like a virtual paradise.   Just be honest with yourself before replying.  Be a bit introspective and then reply please.  

Thank you!!!!

I would continue to worship God since in the first place, we are imaging that he (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is going to grant us Immortality. The one who can grant can take it back as well. Plus without hardships, I might deviate, but will continue to believe in God (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)

Everyone can't be in paradise technically because people in the case mentioned in question, would feel more free to oppress others and they shouldn't get away with that. Thats against Adl of God and humanity right?

• Advanced Member

Ethereal is atheist? Dude you joined in 2007 so I guess you must have been Shia, I saw a post of yours a few months ago praising Prophet Mohammed sawa then a post against Shiism then some Wahdat al Wajud post but now. I find out your an atheist? 

• Development Team
1 hour ago, Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi said:

How would police arrest criminals? :D

They should be able to still arrest people but the life sentences would take on a whole new meaning. It would probably more be torturous.

Sitting in a lonely cell for 900 years, no possibility of parole, unable to die and slowly being forgotten as the people you once knew die. Never realizing how much world is changing outside of your cell/prison.  If you ever were released, you couldn't function in society anymore, you would have a nervous breakdown.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Labbayka said:

Ethereal is atheist? Dude you joined in 2007 so I guess you must have been Shia, I saw a post of yours a few months ago praising Prophet Mohammed sawa then a post against Shiism then some Wahdat al Wajud post but now. I find out your an atheist? 

I am an Atheist that loves the Prophet (S) apparently.  

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Syed Ali Mehdi Shah Naqvi said:

How would police arrest criminals? :D

I would continue to worship God since in the first place, we are imaging that he (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is going to grant us Immortality. The one who can grant can take it back as well. Plus without hardships, I might deviate, but will continue to believe in God (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)

Yes, but let us say He tells you I wont take it away EVER.  If there is one thing you MUST believe it is that He wont take it away ever.

Everyone can't be in paradise technically because people in the case mentioned in question, would feel more free to oppress others and they shouldn't get away with that. Thats against Adl of God and humanity right?

uhmm, maybe there is  a way God can allow one to act out without harming others...like a video game.  So, let us say there is a serial killer that loves to kill people, well HE will be placed in a virtual reality that appears to be real to him alone, wherein he can kill as many people as he wants (without ACTUALLY killing ANYONE or hurting ANYONE).

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

What kind of proof are you looking for?

Because right now you're proving my point that:

1.) You don't want to have an open discussion with me or anybody else, the entire thread is a simply an loaded question.

2.) You take pride being atheist, therefore you probably think you're better than me. It hurts your feelings of pride that I do not accept your views. I think your pride is misguided and misplaced.

3.) Therefore, you think there must be something mentally deficient with me that I believe in a religion that has values, rules and regulations that you don't agree with. It is conceited to try and identify me as a psychopath.

4.) I think you don't even know what psychopathy is. Most people think it means being crazy. When it really that person is extremely anti-social, amoral and manipulative. The concept of morality doesn't exist for psychopaths.

^ Doesn't sound like me at all.

I completely disagree.

• Advanced Member

So, most Muslims are saying "Yes, we would worship God nonetheless) even though they are reluctant to admit that they don't worship God all the time in our real life circumstances.   What makes them think they would worship God when they have everything they want whenever they want?  I heard some Muslims here say that it is even more reason to worship God if everything goes well.  So according to them, let us say, if nothing AT ALL goes well, would they then have a good reason not worship God?

Edited by eThErEaL
  • Advanced Member
7 hours ago, Hani B. said:

Well the pleasure of doing right is better than the pleasure of doing wrong

Yes, we all would like to accept that.  But why is it we still do wrong right now?  I can speak for myself.  And I don't think I am alone!  RIGHT?

We would all be saints right now if we do everything good because it is pleasurable to do good, and we avoid bad because it is not pleasurable.

You are describing it like paradise, and in paradise we will be thankful to Allah, He gave us such incredible abilities, and the least we can do is be thankful, and one good deed leads to another, so humans, even in eternal paradise will be praying, because who ever loves Allah, his love will drive him/her to the path of Allah, and along the path we will find praying, remembering him, etc......

The root to all our good deeds is loving and being thankful to Allah

So if we were living a virtual HELL wherein everything goes wrong

then we have good reason to not be thankful and not worship God.  right?

Edited by eThErEaL