Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

All signs leading to Imam Mahdi that have occurred

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
24 minutes ago, 313_Waiter said:

From one of the many (possibly fake) claims attributed to Ayatollah Bahjat is that it will occur even before the death of our elderly.

All this is speculation though and no one knows when Imam (عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) will reappear, nor should anyone be allowed to say when it will occur; nor should we trust anyone who says he has met the Imam (عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف).

Salaam, 

Yes, I also heard the one from Ayatullah Bahjat (رضي الله عنه) that he asked his friend and he told about it. If it is true, Allahu Akber, we are waiting. If not, may Allah grant us patience. 

Though, in Dua Ahad it's also said that:

The one who recites it 40 times will be resurrected if he/she dies to see the Imam's advent. This is something written on many places. 

Further, a martyr never dies (Source is the quran itself). So, maybe the meaning of prediction from Ayatullah Bahjat that even our elders will see it is based on these two well established positions:

1. For a Martyr

2. Someone who recites Dua Ahad consistently. 

Because the sentence "Even your elders will see it" doesn't necessarily mean that those elders will be alive. 

This is the case if we think that the story is correct. 

Mostly, none of such spiritually great people ever reveal their meetings with the Imam (عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) to anyone. So, I also think that it's doubtful that the friend of Hazrat Bahjat told him about it. They quote it down in their book or they are even seen while having such manifestations. So, that approach makes the meeting to be a fairy tale maybe. 

Nonetheless, we should be prepared as if Imam (عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) is coming tomorrow.

Their is one hadith that says that if a person counts even one day left in his life, is negligent about the reality of death.

Edited by Zainuu
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i think the most imortant part which almost never has been spoken about.  is that an islamic revolution had started.. it has never been before that such thing happened.. shia islam is also spreading r

I have decided to make this post so we can decipher the signs that have happened and the signs yet to happen and predicting how close the next sign is. Major Signs: Appearance of Sufyani

Personally, l'd count my blessings before 'she' takes them away. Along with your $.

Posted Images

• Advanced Member
On 10/23/2020 at 2:25 PM, Hani B. said:

Mecca will be attacked and the Kaaba will be destroyed

This is fabricated I believe. You might argue the event of Harrah. But no, then too Kaba was just attacked and not destroyed. 

In fact, Imam Mehdi (عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) will rise from Kaba only, where he will be sitting, leaned on a wall of Kaba and this is an authentic narration.

So, if Kaba is destroyed, what's left. 

It's true that Sufyani will send his Army towards Medina and then Mecca but Kaba will not be conquered. 

• Advanced Member

you know guy what i am asking myself for a very long time.........( and wallahi i dont want to predict, or whatsoever.. its either coincidence or not)

on our handpalms are written the numbers 18 and 81 in arabic, right??

if you do 18+ 81 you will get 99 (allah has 99 names)

if you do 81-18 you will get 63 (the age of prophet muhammed sawa and imam ali  as when they died)

BUT if you multiply (81x18) you will get 1458..........we live in 1442:confused:

i am curious what it can mean......

AGAIN...I AM NOT SAYING IT CAN BE CONNECTED TO IMAM MAHDI,DOOMSDAG,JAWM-QIYAMAH  OR WHATSOEVER......I HOPE I AM CLEAR ENOUGH THAT I AM ONLY CURIOUS ABOUT IT!!  its haram to predict...only allah knows what it means..

Edited by F.M
  • Veteran Member
6 minutes ago, F.M said:

if you do 18+ 81 you will get 99 (allah has 99 names)

yes this palm thing is very cool, thank you,
But isn’t there many more attributes in jawshan Kabir.

• Advanced Member
8 minutes ago, F.M said:

BUT if you multiply (81x18) you will get 1458..........we live in 1442:confused:

Ohh, 16 years!!!

I will note it down somewhere. (kidding) 

On a serious note:

Don't say it even as an opinion. 

Reason:

2ـ مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ يَحْيَى عَنْ سَلَمَةَ بْنِ الْخَطَّابِ عَنْ عَلِيِّ بْنِ حَسَّانَ عَنْ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنِ كَثِيرٍ قَالَ كُنْتُ عِنْدَ أَبِي عَبْدِ الله (عَلَيْهِ السَّلام) إِذْ دَخَلَ عَلَيْهِ مِهْزَمٌ فَقَالَ لَهُ جُعِلْتُ فِدَاكَ أَخْبِرْنِي عَنْ هَذَا الامْرِ الَّذِي نَنْتَظِرُ مَتَى هُوَ فَقَالَ يَا مِهْزَمُ كَذَبَ الْوَقَّاتُونَ وَهَلَكَ الْمُسْتَعْجِلُونَ وَنَجَا الْمُسَلِّمُونَ.

2. Muhammad ibn Yahya has narrated from Salma ibn al-Khattab from Ali ibn Hassa’n from ‘Abd al-Rahman ibn al-Kathir who has said the following. “Once I was in the presence of abu ‘Abdallah ((عليه السلام).) that Mihzam came in and to The Imam ((عليه السلام).), ‘May Allah take my soul in service for your cause, enlighten me about this matter that we wait for (the rise of al-Mahdi with Divine authoriiity). When it will take place?” The Imam ((عليه السلام).) said, “O Mihzam, those who give it d definite time have lied, the expediting ones perish and salvation is for those who are submissive.”

3ـ عِدَّةٌ مِنْ أَصْحَابِنَا عَنْ أَحْمَدَ بْنِ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ خَالِدٍ عَنْ أَبِيهِ عَنِ الْقَاسِمِ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ عَنْ عَلِيِّ بْنِ أَبِي حَمْزَةَ عَنْ أَبِي بَصِيرٍ عَنْ أَبِي عَبْدِ الله (عَلَيْهِ السَّلام) قَالَ سَأَلْتُهُ عَنِ الْقَائِمِ (عَلَيْهِ السَّلام) فَقَالَ كَذَبَ الْوَقَّاتُونَ إِنَّا أَهْلُ بَيْتٍ لا نُوَقِّتُ.

3. A number of our people has narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn Khalid from his father form al-Qasim ibn Muhammad from Ali ibn abu Hamza from abu Basir who has said the following. “I asked abu ‘Abdallah ((عليه السلام).) , ‘I asked abu ‘Abdallah ((عليه السلام).) about al-Qa’im ((the one who will rise with Divine Authority) with divine power).’ He said, “Those who give it a definite time have spoken lies. We, Ahl al-Bayt, do not set a definite time.”

• Veteran Member
40 minutes ago, Allah Seeker said:

I dont quite understand what you are saying, and at the same time I'm lacking in knowledge of astrology. Did the prediction happen or not now? I'm confused 

What l was/am delineating is there are no total eclipses for the eastern Mediterranean or KSA during these times. 0ne did occur over the Persian Gulf then went eastward.

Claims about eclipses have no geographical location attached. Which is like the evilgelicals claims about "the Mood will turn blood red" which l have seen a few times --it is a standard atmospheric-based observation.

Also, it is astronomy not 'astrology'.

• Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, Zainuu said:

Ohh, 16 years!!!

I will note it down somewhere. (kidding) 

On a serious note:

Don't say it even as an opinion. 

Reason:

2ـ مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ يَحْيَى عَنْ سَلَمَةَ بْنِ الْخَطَّابِ عَنْ عَلِيِّ بْنِ حَسَّانَ عَنْ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنِ كَثِيرٍ قَالَ كُنْتُ عِنْدَ أَبِي عَبْدِ الله (عَلَيْهِ السَّلام) إِذْ دَخَلَ عَلَيْهِ مِهْزَمٌ فَقَالَ لَهُ جُعِلْتُ فِدَاكَ أَخْبِرْنِي عَنْ هَذَا الامْرِ الَّذِي نَنْتَظِرُ مَتَى هُوَ فَقَالَ يَا مِهْزَمُ كَذَبَ الْوَقَّاتُونَ وَهَلَكَ الْمُسْتَعْجِلُونَ وَنَجَا الْمُسَلِّمُونَ.

2. Muhammad ibn Yahya has narrated from Salma ibn al-Khattab from Ali ibn Hassa’n from ‘Abd al-Rahman ibn al-Kathir who has said the following. “Once I was in the presence of abu ‘Abdallah ((عليه السلام).) that Mihzam came in and to The Imam ((عليه السلام).), ‘May Allah take my soul in service for your cause, enlighten me about this matter that we wait for (the rise of al-Mahdi with Divine authoriiity). When it will take place?” The Imam ((عليه السلام).) said, “O Mihzam, those who give it d definite time have lied, the expediting ones perish and salvation is for those who are submissive.”

3ـ عِدَّةٌ مِنْ أَصْحَابِنَا عَنْ أَحْمَدَ بْنِ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ خَالِدٍ عَنْ أَبِيهِ عَنِ الْقَاسِمِ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ عَنْ عَلِيِّ بْنِ أَبِي حَمْزَةَ عَنْ أَبِي بَصِيرٍ عَنْ أَبِي عَبْدِ الله (عَلَيْهِ السَّلام) قَالَ سَأَلْتُهُ عَنِ الْقَائِمِ (عَلَيْهِ السَّلام) فَقَالَ كَذَبَ الْوَقَّاتُونَ إِنَّا أَهْلُ بَيْتٍ لا نُوَقِّتُ.

3. A number of our people has narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn Khalid from his father form al-Qasim ibn Muhammad from Ali ibn abu Hamza from abu Basir who has said the following. “I asked abu ‘Abdallah ((عليه السلام).) , ‘I asked abu ‘Abdallah ((عليه السلام).) about al-Qa’im ((the one who will rise with Divine Authority) with divine power).’ He said, “Those who give it a definite time have spoken lies. We, Ahl al-Bayt, do not set a definite time.”

i completally agree!! no one knows when imam mahdi will return.. maybe its even closers than what we think....

i wasnt also reffering about his return.. i was more thinking what can it mean...maybe its just coincidence

----

also out of topic: how long will imam mahdi rule? sunis say jUsT  7 yEarS:scarerun:

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, F.M said:

also out of topic: how long will imam mahdi rule? sunis say jUsT  7 yEarS

Salaam sister, 

Modi in India has ruled more than 7 years (still counting). Obama ruled 8 years. Even Muawiya ruled 15 years. 

Ottomans ruled for centuries. 

It's laughable that they call the rule of our Imam just 7 years. 

No, it's not the case. 

I will search about it but Allah knows the best.

May Allah bless you

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, hasanhh said:

0ffhand, the sahih hadith vary from 6-9 years. Then the damned Daj for 3+ then the Decension.

wow but thats really short..... i tought it would get prolonged to 1000 years

• Veteran Member
1 minute ago, F.M said:

wow but thats really short..... i tought it would get prolonged to 1000 years

He is not Noah --(عليه السلام).

His job title is Hojjattallah, not 'administrator is chief' ---a little sarcastic l'II admit, but it makes my point.

• Advanced Member
5 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

His job title is Hojjattallah, not 'administrator is chief' ---a little sarcastic l'II admit, but it makes my point.

how about the saying that all people near the end of times will have prolonged lifespan.. id ont know if you realise but prophet isa as is 2020+ years old, or holy imam just 1150 years, khidr as maybe around 5000+ years..

soo if imam mahdi would rule for even less than 1000 years than he will be 2000+ still younger than our prophet isa as

Edited by F.M
  • Advanced Member
10 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

0ffhand, the sahih hadith vary from 6-9 years. Then the damned Daj for 3+ then the Decension.

All the hadith regarding the rule:

From the book Government of the Truth by Najamuddin Tabasi:

Regarding the period of rule of al-Mahdi (‘عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف), there are various hadiths existing in both Sunni and Shi‘ah sources. Some hadiths limit the period of Imam al-Mahdi’s (‘عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) rule to seven years. Others mention eight, nine, ten, or twenty years while there are even hadiths that say one thousand years. What is certain is that the government of Hadrat al-Mahdi (‘عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) will not be less than seven years, and this period has been emphasized in some hadiths reported from the Imams (‘a).

Perhaps it can be said that the period of rule would be seven years, but the length of a year at that time will be different from ours, as indicated in some hadiths such as the following:

“His rule will be seven years and each year is equivalent to ten of your years. Therefore, the years of his rule will be equivalent to your seventy years.”38

Imam ‘Ali (‘a) said: “Hadrat al-Mahdi (‘عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) will rule for seven years; every year in that time will be equal to ten years of yours.”39

The Holy Messenger of Allah (S) said: “The Mahdi (‘عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) is from us… and for seven years he will take charge of affairs.”40

The Prophet (S) also said: “He will rule for seven years over this ummah.”41

The Messenger of Allah (S) also said elsewhere: “The tenure of rule of al-Mahdi (S) will be seven years at the shortest or it will last for eight or nine years at the longest.”42 It has also been reported: “Hadrat al-Mahdi (‘عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) will rule in this world for nine years.”43

Jabir ibn ‘Abdullah al-Ansari asked Imam al-Baqir (‘a): “How many years will the Imam of the Time (‘عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) live?” The Imam (‘a) replied: “From the day of the uprising till his demise will be nineteen years long.”44

The Messenger of Allah (S) said: “Hadrat al-Mahdi (‘عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) will rule for twenty years. He will take out the treasures from the ground; he will conquer the lands of polytheism.”45

He (S) also said: “The Mahdi (‘عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) is from my progeny and he will rule for twenty years.”46
It has also been reported: “The Imam (‘عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) will rule for ten years.”47

In answer to the question on how many years the Mahdi (‘عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) will rule, Hadrat ‘Ali (‘a) said: “He will rule over the people for thirty or forty years.”48

Imam as-Sadiq (‘a) said: “Hadrat al-Mahdi (‘عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) will be from my progeny and his age will be equal to that of Ibrahim Khalil ar-Rahman (Prophet Abraham) (‘a). He will appear at the age of eighty years and rule for forty years.”49

The same Imam (‘a) also said: “The tenure of Hadrat al-Qa’im’s (‘عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) rule will be nineteen years and some months.”50

Imam al-Baqir (‘a) said: “Hadrat al-Qa’im (‘عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) will rule for three hundred and nine years just as the Companions of the Cave stayed in the cave for the same period.”51

The late Majlisi said: “The hadiths regarding the Imam’s (‘عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) period of rule must be explained under the following probabilities: Some hadiths refer to the entire period of rule while some others point to the period of stabilization and establishment. Some are based on the years and days that we are acquainted with while others are based on the years and days in the time of the Imam (‘عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) which are long. God knows best the truth of the matter.”52

After mentioning the hadiths, the late Ayatullah Tabasi, my honorable father, gives preference to the hadith that propounds seven years, but he says: “It means that by the power of God, every year at that time will be equal to ten of our years.”53

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, hasanhh said:

Why that number? And why would he want to?

i was just giving an example..... but its really illogicle that he will rule really short.. i think lots people dont realise people are waiting for his return since adam as got on this world.. everyone knows the mission of our beloved imam al mahdi and everyone is waiting for it...

• Advanced Member
5 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Why that number? And why would he want to?

Firstly, his mission is to establish pure justice in the world. 

Secondly, he would disclose the concept of Wilayah. Many parts of this system are still to be revealed. 

He will disclose a plathora of mysteries regarding this world and the universe. 

• Advanced Member
Just now, hasanhh said:

Thanks, yet you should grasp that in summation it is a confusing, sometimes self-contradictory hodge-podge.

Majlisi (رضي الله عنه) himself said at the end that this is confusing and which time is being discussed is confusing. 

So, 

Allah knows the best

• Advanced Member
43 minutes ago, Zainuu said:

This is fabricated I believe. You might argue the event of Harrah. But no, then too Kaba was just attacked and not destroyed. 

In fact, Imam Mehdi (عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) will rise from Kaba only, where he will be sitting, leaned on a wall of Kaba and this is an authentic narration.

So, if Kaba is destroyed, what's left. 

It's true that Sufyani will send his Army towards Medina and then Mecca but Kaba will not be conquered. 

During 9/11 attack, there was a massive occult ritual taking place. The attack on the towers were part of the ritual. In some videos you could actually see the "devils" face from certain angles from the smoke. You can search for it if you are interested.

Heard of "the sphere"? here is a quote from wikipedia: The artwork was meant to symbolize world peace through world trade, and was placed at the center of a ring of fountains and other decorative touches designed by WTC architect Minoru Yamasaki to mimic the Grand Mosque of Mecca, Masjid al-Haram, in which The Sphere stood at the place of the Kaaba.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sphere

Kabaa is a major target for the shaitans. However I don't believe they will be succesful in destroying it.

• Veteran Member
10 minutes ago, Zainuu said:

Firstly, his mission is to establish pure justice in the world. 

Secondly, he would disclose the concept of Wilayah. Many parts of this system are still to be revealed. 

He will disclose a plathora of mysteries regarding this world and the universe. 

"pure justice" --which is what?  For example, Ayat 38:84

Wilayah --what part of zakat is missing?

Mysteries --likely answering questions.

• Veteran Member
24 minutes ago, lissenma said:

Heard of "the sphere"? here is a quote from wikipedia: The artwork

Remember the Trump picture? lt's here on S.C somewhere.

l saw an analysis of those "face of the devil" pictures when the towers collapsed. They are all morphs.

• Advanced Member
40 minutes ago, Zainuu said:

Imam as-Sadiq (‘a) said: “Hadrat al-Mahdi (‘عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) will be from my progeny and his age will be equal to that of Ibrahim Khalil ar-Rahman (Prophet Abraham) (‘a). He will appear at the age of eighty years and rule for forty years.”49

Salam you don't  mention your source but common hadith about age of Imam Mahdi (aj) is that he will look like forty years old after his reappearance  & it's first time that I see a hadith  mentions his age  at time of reappearance will look like  eighty years.

How long will the Imam of Time, Imam Mahdi (عليه السلام), will this world rule after he reappears?

There are two categories of narrations in this regard which are apparently varied giving differing reports:
1.  The first category of narrations has, for the major part, been extracted from Sunni sources.[1] According to it, the period during which the Imam of Time, Imam Mahdi (عليه السلام), will rule the world has been reported differently. For instance, according to some reports, he will rule the world for twenty years while based on some other reports he will rule for thirty or forty years........

B) Imam Baqir (عليه السلام) says in a lengthy tradition: "When Qaim Aal-e Muhammad shall rise up, he will go to Kufa… he will rule for seven years and each year of that time will be equal to ten years.[5]

http://www.islamquest.ir/en/archive/question/en21969

Similarity Of Imam Mahdi To The Prophets

Imam Muhammad Al Baqir (عليه السلام) said,

"Certainly in the Qaem of the Progeny of Muhammad (S.A. W.S.) is the similarity to five prophets, Yunus bin Mutah, and Yusuf bin Yaqoob, and Musa, and Isa and Muhammad, salawatullahe Alaihim"

Thus, his similarity to Yunus bin Mutha is his reappearance after Ghaibat. He looked like a young man inspite of his advanced age. And, his similarity with Yusuf bin Yaqoob (عليه السلام) is his ghaibat when he was away from the sight of the general, as well as the special people; due to the fear of his brothers.

https://www.al-islam.org/sw/node/39946

• Veteran Member

General Comment:

When reading Quran now after Fajr, l came to Ayat 45:17.

Within the Ayat is the word baghyan -tri-literal root ba ghayn ya- "envy" amongst themselves. Like junior high boys trying to show-off for themselves for some feeling of superiority.

We on S.C should avoid this trap, especially since we come from different countries and mosques.

• Advanced Member
35 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam you don't  mention your source but common hadith about age of Imam Mahdi (aj) is that he will look like forty years old after his reappearance  & it's first time that I see a hadith  mentions his age  at time of reappearance will look like  eighty years.

Salaam brother, 

Agree. I provided the source. The Hadith present are many. Out of which, this is one. 

Some say the period to be 7 years. Some call it 8,9,10,11,12, 309, 1000, 30 or 40.

Anyways, 

https://www.al-islam.org/an-overview-of-mahdi-s-government-najimuddin-tabasi/government-truth#period-rule

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

What l was/am delineating is there are no total eclipses for the eastern Mediterranean or KSA during these times. 0ne did occur over the Persian Gulf then went eastward.

Claims about eclipses have no geographical location attached. Which is like the evilgelicals claims about "the Mood will turn blood red" which l have seen a few times --it is a standard atmospheric-based observation.

Also, it is astronomy not 'astrology'.

Did i say astrology? I meant onomy sorry. Welll the hadiths don't specify location, so it would be quite legit if elsewhere I believe.  

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

General Comment:

When reading Quran now after Fajr, l came to Ayat 45:17.

Within the Ayat is the word baghyan -tri-literal root ba ghayn ya- "envy" amongst themselves.

We on S.C should avoid this trap, especially since we come from different countries and mosques.

can you be more specific please..

Ayat 45:17 We gave them clear directions in matters pertaining to religion. Yet they differed among themselves (not out of ignorance but) after knowledge had come to them; and they did so out of the desire to commit excesses against one another.2 On the Day of Resurrection Allah will judge among them regarding what they had differed.

do you mean we all should listen to each other becuase we all come from different countries and mosques?

then i agree with that!

• Advanced Member

pure justice" --which is what?  For example, Ayat 38:84

Wilayah --what part of zakat is missing?

Mysteries --likely answering questions.

Two traditions about "Justice":

4. Jabir Ibn Abdullah Ansari has quoted the Messenger of Allah (S) that he said, “The Mahdi ((عليه السلام).) is from my progeny, his name and patronymic is same as mine. Among all the people he would resemble my character. There would be an occultation for him during which people shall be perplexed. After that he would reappear like a bright star and make the earth abound with justice and equity after it had been completely fraught with injustice and oppression.”

5. Imam Jafar Sadiq ((عليه السلام).) has narrated through his forefathers from the Messenger of Allah (S) that he said, “The Mahdi ((عليه السلام).) shall be from my descendants. He would be having the same name and agnomen as I have. He would resemble me most in character; he would have an occultation which would cast people into confusion, till they deviate from their religion. At the time he reappears he shall be like a brilliant star. Then he would spread justice and equity on the earth just as it would have been absolutely fraught with injustice and inequity.”6

On Wilayah, I would say that it is my opinion and I feel so. Maybe you are right. What I meant is that people have rarely seen the rule of an infallible wali. But the point is refutable, so fine. 

Mystries - I can't say only answering the questions. Their can be many things. Infallibles are known to answering questions and clearly doubts through miracles or practical examples to make it crystal clear. 

• Advanced Member

Remember the Trump picture? lt's here on S.C somewhere.

l saw an analysis of those "face of the devil" pictures when the towers collapsed. They are all morphs.

No it was not a morph. It was no picture, it's from original video footage.

• Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, Zainuu said:

he would have an occultation which would cast people into confusion, till they deviate from their religion.

That is why I believe we should not believe anything any scholar says without fact checking it via direct quran and hadith research.