Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Will my sins be forgiven if I cry for Imam Hussain?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I've heard that my sins will be forgiven and I will be incarnated with Prophet Muhammad ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) in they Day of Judgment, and Ahl Al Bayt will help me go to Heaven.

Is it true, and is there more information on this topic?

Guest Gamila

Well, I have no words. Maybe I’m on the wrong website but aren’t Allah the only one we worship? Tears will get you to heaven and erase your sins? Logically speaking: no. But I would say someone is about to prove me wrong with something that sounds dramatic.

ws

• Advanced Member

Salams, 

I found this same question asked elsewhere on Shiachat. I think this may help answer your question.

In short words, yes. There actually quite a few hadiths that indicate this, a few are mentioned in the topic above.

6 hours ago, Guest Gamila said:

Well, I have no words. Maybe I’m on the wrong website but aren’t Allah the only one we worship? Tears will get you to heaven and erase your sins? Logically speaking: no. But I would say someone is about to prove me wrong with something that sounds dramatic.

ws

Well yes, we only worship one God, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). We're not crying to Imam Hussein (عليه السلام), we're crying for him and the tragedy he was faced with. Try giving this a read. https://www.al-islam.org/articles/we-cry-husayn-so-did-prophet-islam-s-yasser-al-madani

• Veteran Member
14 hours ago, Hani B. said:

I've heard that my sins will be forgiven and I will be incarnated with Prophet Muhammad ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) in they Day of Judgment, and Ahl Al Bayt will help me go to Heaven.

bismillah.gif
إِنَّ اللَّهَ وَمَلَائِكَتَهُ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ ۚ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا صَلُّوا عَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُوا تَسْلِيمًا {56}

[Shakir 33:56] Surely Allah and His angels bless the Prophet; O you who believe! call for (Divine) blessings on him and salute him with a (becoming) salutation.

bismillah.gif
ذَٰلِكَ الَّذِي يُبَشِّرُ اللَّهُ عِبَادَهُ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ ۗ قُلْ لَا أَسْأَلُكُمْ عَلَيْهِ أَجْرًا إِلَّا الْمَوَدَّةَ فِي الْقُرْبَىٰ ۗ وَمَنْ يَقْتَرِفْ حَسَنَةً نَزِدْ لَهُ فِيهَا حُسْنًا ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ غَفُورٌ شَكُورٌ {23}

[Shakir 42:23] That is of which Allah gives the good news to His servants, (to) those who believe and do good deeds. Say: I do not ask of you any reward for it but love for my near relatives; and whoever earns good, We give him more of good therein; surely Allah is Forgiving, Grateful.

Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) ask us to send Blessings to Muhammad and His Family, and move importantly LOVE to his progeny.  We suppose to what Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) us to do.

Cry for Imam Hussain because we are not able physically to be with him to defend Islam for Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) sake.  We feel the pain that he and those with him felt that day on Ashura.

We send blessings to Imam Hussain(عليه السلام) and we love him because Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and Rasulullah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) love and send blessings to him.

Finally, 

bismillah.gif
يَوْمَ نَدْعُو كُلَّ أُنَاسٍ بِإِمَامِهِمْ ۖ فَمَنْ أُوتِيَ كِتَابَهُ بِيَمِينِهِ فَأُولَٰئِكَ يَقْرَءُونَ كِتَابَهُمْ وَلَا يُظْلَمُونَ فَتِيلًا {71}

[Shakir 17:71] (Remember) the day when We will call every people with their Imam; then whoever is given his book in his right hand, these shall read their book; and they shall not be dealt with a whit unjustly.

We hope to be called to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) with Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) and other Imams. 

The Cry is the cry of love...to be close with Hussain (عليه السلام) in serving Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Hani B. said:

The cry will surely clean and soft the heart and erase  sin when it is done for love of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and those who Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) love. But if anyone want to enter Heaven, they need to repent and fix their sinful habits and follow the laws and siraat mustaqiin. 

If one thinks that crying for the Imam is enough, then that is very deluded thinking. 

• Advanced Member
13 hours ago, ShiaofAli12 said:

Salams, 

I found this same question asked elsewhere on Shiachat. I think this may help answer your question.

In short words, yes. There actually quite a few hadiths that indicate this, a few are mentioned in the topic above.

Well yes, we only worship one God, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). We're not crying to Imam Hussein (عليه السلام), we're crying for him and the tragedy he was faced with. Try giving this a read. https://www.al-islam.org/articles/we-cry-husayn-so-did-prophet-islam-s-yasser-al-madani

11 hours ago, layman said:
bismillah.gif
إِنَّ اللَّهَ وَمَلَائِكَتَهُ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ ۚ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا صَلُّوا عَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُوا تَسْلِيمًا {56}

[Shakir 33:56] Surely Allah and His angels bless the Prophet; O you who believe! call for (Divine) blessings on him and salute him with a (becoming) salutation.

bismillah.gif
ذَٰلِكَ الَّذِي يُبَشِّرُ اللَّهُ عِبَادَهُ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ ۗ قُلْ لَا أَسْأَلُكُمْ عَلَيْهِ أَجْرًا إِلَّا الْمَوَدَّةَ فِي الْقُرْبَىٰ ۗ وَمَنْ يَقْتَرِفْ حَسَنَةً نَزِدْ لَهُ فِيهَا حُسْنًا ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ غَفُورٌ شَكُورٌ {23}

[Shakir 42:23] That is of which Allah gives the good news to His servants, (to) those who believe and do good deeds. Say: I do not ask of you any reward for it but love for my near relatives; and whoever earns good, We give him more of good therein; surely Allah is Forgiving, Grateful.

Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) ask us to send Blessings to Muhammad and His Family, and move importantly LOVE to his progeny.  We suppose to what Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) us to do.

Cry for Imam Hussain because we are not able physically to be with him to defend Islam for Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) sake.  We feel the pain that he and those with him felt that day on Ashura.

We send blessings to Imam Hussain(عليه السلام) and we love him because Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and Rasulullah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) love and send blessings to him.

Finally, 

bismillah.gif
يَوْمَ نَدْعُو كُلَّ أُنَاسٍ بِإِمَامِهِمْ ۖ فَمَنْ أُوتِيَ كِتَابَهُ بِيَمِينِهِ فَأُولَٰئِكَ يَقْرَءُونَ كِتَابَهُمْ وَلَا يُظْلَمُونَ فَتِيلًا {71}

[Shakir 17:71] (Remember) the day when We will call every people with their Imam; then whoever is given his book in his right hand, these shall read their book; and they shall not be dealt with a whit unjustly.

We hope to be called to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) with Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) and other Imams. 

The Cry is the cry of love...to be close with Hussain (عليه السلام) in serving Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).

10 hours ago, Abu Nur said:

The cry will surely clean and soft the heart and erase  sin when it is done for love of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and those who Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) love. But if anyone want to enter Heaven, they need to repent and fix their sinful habits and follow the laws and siraat mustaqiin. 

If one thinks that crying for the Imam is enough, then that is very deluded thinking. 

Thank you for replies!