Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

atheism

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, khamosh21 said:

I'm assuming there has to be one or more set of things that could convince me, and Allah would know what that thing is. If I i'm too blind and stupid to understand it and am missing it, not sure what to do then. If God knows there is chance for me, I hope He sends that thing my way.

But let's imagine a world where we all have the same vision of sins and good deeds as some sufi saints claim to have. what would be the issue here? would we all not work towards perfection as well?

I can honestly tell you about myself:

I don’t feel any need to see something miraculous or extraordinary.  It is not important to me.  Everything I need to know is right now and right here.  All I can bank on, is whatever is available directly to my experience immediately here and now. Even if I am about to die, all I have is whatever is right here.  There is no need for me to “think” about things which either exist or don’t exist, or to “imagine” things which are not accessible.  I don’t occupy myself with such thoughts.  And God / the Religious Path doesn’t want you to either!  Rather, you are expected to find God and all those “fancy realities” in your direct experience in whatever measure you can find them and to whatever degree you can find them.  Otherwise, you are missing the point of religion.  

For example, Hell and Paradise: 
For me Hell and Paradise as they exist in my imagination are two very “sacred thoughts or ideas”.  They are sacred to me.  The issue of whether or not they exist outside my imagination, my thought, my idea doesn’t even arise because there is no external world independent of consciousness.  Things are either thought, sensed, or felt (and all of this happens through consciousness).  So, the mere thought or imagination of Hell and Paradise suffices me because I find them to be beneficial to me  (with respect to inspiring Godly fear and hope in God). I do know however that these imaginations are sacred and not like any ordinary imagination I would normally have.  They have a scared ring to it (just like all things that are sacred have a sacred presence to them).  

Everything you need to know is right here and right now.  Each thing, each thought, each feeing that arises arises within you right here and right now.  It will always be IN YOU.  This is why you have to be oriented inwardly and discover who YOU REALLY are, not who you think you are, or who you imagine yourself to be... no, who you are.  

Edited by eThErEaL
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

why do you find atheism unconvincing? why is the possibly of no God , but rather natural forces creating everything impossible?

Every belief is unconvincing.  Even Atheism can be a belief.  To believe that there is no God is a silly belief.  To believe that there is a God is also a silly belief.  Why believe this instead of th

I see what you mean now, it is a clever and intriguing point.  I feel I owe you an apology, after a trip abroad I had to quarantine for 14 days; it was driving me mad. I have been bad-temper

Posted Images

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, eThErEaL said:

I can honestly tell you about myself:

I don’t feel any need to see something miraculous or extraordinary.  It is not important to me.  Everything I need to know is right now and right here.  All I can bank on, is whatever is available directly to my experience immediately here and now. Even if I am about to die, all I have is whatever is right here.  There is no need for me to “think” about things which either exist or don’t exist, or to “imagine” things which are not accessible.  I don’t occupy myself with such thoughts.  And God / the Religious Path doesn’t want you to either!  Rather, you are expected to find God and all those “fancy realities” in your direct experience in whatever measure you can find them and to whatever degree you can find them.  Otherwise, you are missing the point of religion.  

For example, Hell and Paradise: 
For me Hell and Paradise as they exist in my imagination are two very “sacred thoughts or ideas”.  They are sacred to me.  The issue of whether or not they exist outside my imagination, my thought, my idea doesn’t even arise because there is no external world independent of consciousness.  Things are either thought, sensed, or felt (and all of this happens through consciousness).  So, the mere thought or imagination of Hell and Paradise suffices me because I find them to be beneficial to me  (with respect to inspiring Godly fear and hope in God). I do know however that these imaginations are sacred and not like any ordinary imagination I would normally have.  They have a scared ring to it (just like all things that are sacred have a sacred presence to them).  

Everything you need to know is right here and right now.  Each thing, each thought, each feeing that arises arises within you right here and right now.  It will always be IN YOU.  This is why you have to be oriented inwardly and discover who YOU REALLY are, not who you think you are, or who you imagine yourself to be... no, who you are.  

i am happy for you brother, unfortunately i think our life and thinking are completely different... maybe how an artist differs in their thinking from a non-artist.

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, khamosh21 said:

i am happy for you brother, unfortunately i think our life and thinking are completely different... maybe how an artist differs in their thinking from a non-artist.

It is not merely about what I feel to be of importance. I am stating a principle, a fact:

The fact is:

Only that which is real is important.  And only that which is is real.  And that which is is here and now.  

So, whatever you NEED to know and can ever know is available in your direct experience.  

in other words, there is no external world or thing(s) out there that are independent of consciousness.  It is not like there is consciousness “inside” and non-conscious things “outside”.   

Edited by eThErEaL
Guest haydar

There is a quote I once read from the Imams (a) - he who contemplates Allah's essense becomes Atheist.

How true this. One is best to look at the signs (ayat) if one wants to see Allah :)