Jump to content
In the Name of God بسم الله

atheism

Rate this topic


Zxqn

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, khamosh21 said:

I'm assuming there has to be one or more set of things that could convince me, and Allah would know what that thing is. If I i'm too blind and stupid to understand it and am missing it, not sure what to do then. If God knows there is chance for me, I hope He sends that thing my way.

But let's imagine a world where we all have the same vision of sins and good deeds as some sufi saints claim to have. what would be the issue here? would we all not work towards perfection as well?

I can honestly tell you about myself:

I don’t feel any need to see something miraculous or extraordinary.  It is not important to me.  Everything I need to know is right now and right here.  All I can bank on, is whatever is available directly to my experience immediately here and now. Even if I am about to die, all I have is whatever is right here.  There is no need for me to “think” about things which either exist or don’t exist, or to “imagine” things which are not accessible.  I don’t occupy myself with such thoughts.  And God / the Religious Path doesn’t want you to either!  Rather, you are expected to find God and all those “fancy realities” in your direct experience in whatever measure you can find them and to whatever degree you can find them.  Otherwise, you are missing the point of religion.  

For example, Hell and Paradise: 
For me Hell and Paradise as they exist in my imagination are two very “sacred thoughts or ideas”.  They are sacred to me.  The issue of whether or not they exist outside my imagination, my thought, my idea doesn’t even arise because there is no external world independent of consciousness.  Things are either thought, sensed, or felt (and all of this happens through consciousness).  So, the mere thought or imagination of Hell and Paradise suffices me because I find them to be beneficial to me  (with respect to inspiring Godly fear and hope in God). I do know however that these imaginations are sacred and not like any ordinary imagination I would normally have.  They have a scared ring to it (just like all things that are sacred have a sacred presence to them).  
 

Everything you need to know is right here and right now.  Each thing, each thought, each feeing that arises arises within you right here and right now.  It will always be IN YOU.  This is why you have to be oriented inwardly and discover who YOU REALLY are, not who you think you are, or who you imagine yourself to be... no, who you are.  


 

 

Edited by eThErEaL
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, eThErEaL said:

I can honestly tell you about myself:

I don’t feel any need to see something miraculous or extraordinary.  It is not important to me.  Everything I need to know is right now and right here.  All I can bank on, is whatever is available directly to my experience immediately here and now. Even if I am about to die, all I have is whatever is right here.  There is no need for me to “think” about things which either exist or don’t exist, or to “imagine” things which are not accessible.  I don’t occupy myself with such thoughts.  And God / the Religious Path doesn’t want you to either!  Rather, you are expected to find God and all those “fancy realities” in your direct experience in whatever measure you can find them and to whatever degree you can find them.  Otherwise, you are missing the point of religion.  

For example, Hell and Paradise: 
For me Hell and Paradise as they exist in my imagination are two very “sacred thoughts or ideas”.  They are sacred to me.  The issue of whether or not they exist outside my imagination, my thought, my idea doesn’t even arise because there is no external world independent of consciousness.  Things are either thought, sensed, or felt (and all of this happens through consciousness).  So, the mere thought or imagination of Hell and Paradise suffices me because I find them to be beneficial to me  (with respect to inspiring Godly fear and hope in God). I do know however that these imaginations are sacred and not like any ordinary imagination I would normally have.  They have a scared ring to it (just like all things that are sacred have a sacred presence to them).  
 

Everything you need to know is right here and right now.  Each thing, each thought, each feeing that arises arises within you right here and right now.  It will always be IN YOU.  This is why you have to be oriented inwardly and discover who YOU REALLY are, not who you think you are, or who you imagine yourself to be... no, who you are.  

i am happy for you brother, unfortunately i think our life and thinking are completely different... maybe how an artist differs in their thinking from a non-artist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, khamosh21 said:

i am happy for you brother, unfortunately i think our life and thinking are completely different... maybe how an artist differs in their thinking from a non-artist.

It is not merely about what I feel to be of importance. I am stating a principle, a fact:

The fact is:

Only that which is real is important.  And only that which is is real.  And that which is is here and now.  

So, whatever you NEED to know and can ever know is available in your direct experience.  
 

in other words, there is no external world or thing(s) out there that are independent of consciousness.  It is not like there is consciousness “inside” and non-conscious things “outside”.   
 

 

Edited by eThErEaL
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a quote I once read from the Imams (a) - he who contemplates Allah's essense becomes Atheist.

How true this. One is best to look at the signs (ayat) if one wants to see Allah :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 11/8/2020 at 1:53 AM, eThErEaL said:

I can honestly tell you about myself:

I don’t feel any need to see something miraculous or extraordinary.  It is not important to me.  Everything I need to know is right now and right here.  All I can bank on, is whatever is available directly to my experience immediately here and now. Even if I am about to die, all I have is whatever is right here.  There is no need for me to “think” about things which either exist or don’t exist, or to “imagine” things which are not accessible.  I don’t occupy myself with such thoughts.  And God / the Religious Path doesn’t want you to either!  Rather, you are expected to find God and all those “fancy realities” in your direct experience in whatever measure you can find them and to whatever degree you can find them.  Otherwise, you are missing the point of religion.  

For example, Hell and Paradise: 
For me Hell and Paradise as they exist in my imagination are two very “sacred thoughts or ideas”.  They are sacred to me.  The issue of whether or not they exist outside my imagination, my thought, my idea doesn’t even arise because there is no external world independent of consciousness.  Things are either thought, sensed, or felt (and all of this happens through consciousness).  So, the mere thought or imagination of Hell and Paradise suffices me because I find them to be beneficial to me  (with respect to inspiring Godly fear and hope in God). I do know however that these imaginations are sacred and not like any ordinary imagination I would normally have.  They have a scared ring to it (just like all things that are sacred have a sacred presence to them).  
 

Everything you need to know is right here and right now.  Each thing, each thought, each feeing that arises arises within you right here and right now.  It will always be IN YOU.  This is why you have to be oriented inwardly and discover who YOU REALLY are, not who you think you are, or who you imagine yourself to be... no, who you are.  


 

 

Prophet said hell is closer to you than you think/know , heaven is closer to you than you think/know

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/9/2020 at 12:51 AM, Guest haydar said:

There is a quote I once read from the Imams (a) - he who contemplates Allah's essense becomes Atheist.

How true this. One is best to look at the signs (ayat) if one wants to see Allah :)

What kind of nonsense is this , can u provide this source for this Hadith cause that doesn’t sound right 

first u can’t contemplate God’s essence only his creation ie u can observe His names by His creation 

and furthermore the only way anyone can perceive God at least in this life is through a purified heart and this has nothing to do with the mind and logic and reason , it’s too small to comprehend that

Edited by theEndIsNear
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...