Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Why does the Quran say to judge by the Torah and Injeel?

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

To continue the study of Surah 61:6 --- Glad Tidings of a Messenger to come after me,

Jesus said, John 14:16 “I will pray the Father, and He will give you another [e]Helper (e; Comforter, Gr. Parakletos), that He may abide with you forever.”  --- This was not a person to come, but the Holy Spirit that could indwell them to help them. Perakletos means ‘called to one’s aid,’ --- as a lawyer, counsellor, or comforter.

In the Douay (Catholic) Bible, it says, ‘he shall give you another Paraclete, that he may abide with you for ever.’  The King James Bible says, ‘he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever.’

And it continues in verse 17 “The Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.” 

Jesus was ‘indwelt’ by the Holy Spirit so it says ‘the Spirit of truth’ dwelt ‘with them’ in the Person of Jesus, but would also be ‘in them.’

This happened on the Day of Pentecost in Acts 2:1 “When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. 2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit.”

--- This was the Spirit of Truth which spoke through Jesus, and would speak through the apostles after the Day of Pentecost. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ll explain these briefly in a couple of hours.... don’t lose hope. 

Hi 313_Waiter,   Quote from your post: But why do they come to you for judgment when they ˹already˺ have the Torah containing Allah’s judgment, then they turn away after all? They are not ˹t

Hi 313_Waiter,  No problem, the Scriptures have not changed.  And when you mention the instructions in the Torah for the Jews, they are mainly the Ten Commandments from Exodus 20. --- In sim

• Veteran Member

--- So what was the work of the Holy Spirit as a Helper to the Apostles?

It gives these verses in John 14:26 “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.” 

--- So He would give them knowledge and the instant recall of what Jesus had taught them.

John 15:26 “But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me. 27 And you also will bear witness, because you have been with Me from the beginning.”  

--- The Apostles were the witnesses to the people, and they continued the miracles of healing and deliverance, which were the signs, to show that they had been with Jesus.

16:13 “When He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 He will glorify Me.” 

--- What the Holy Spirit spoke through the Apostles would be the truth, because it was from God. --- Only God knows the future, and the Holy Spirit would prophesy through them of things to come.

--- And most importantly, the Holy Spirit would 'glorify Jesus' through the Apostles and the believers.

Surah 2:253 "We (God) gave Jesus, son of Mary, clear proofs (of Allah's Sovereignty) and We supported him with the holy Spirit. And if Allah had so willed it, those who followed after them would not have fought one with another after the clear proofs had come unto them. But they differed, some of them believing and some disbelieving. 

• Veteran Member

To continue in Surah 61:6 with: “A Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad.” --- The name Ahmad has also the meaning of ‘the Praised one.’

Though Jesus was human, he was Holy and without sin, so that the Holy Spirit could work through Him. --- And the praise and glory came on Jesus as a result of the signs and wonders of the indwelling Holy Spirit.

--- It says in Matthew 4:23 “And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease among the people. 24 Then His fame went throughout all Syria; and they brought to Him all sick people who were afflicted with various diseases and torments, and those who were demon-possessed, epileptics, and paralytics; and He healed them. 25 Great multitudes followed Him—from Galilee, and from Decapolis, Jerusalem, Judea, and beyond the Jordan.

--- And Jesus said to His disciples in John 14:12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do.”

--- And this is the evidence in Acts 5:12 “And through the hands of the apostles many signs and wonders were done among the people. --- 14 And believers were increasingly added to the Lord, multitudes of both men and women, 15 so that they brought the sick out into the streets and laid them on beds and couches, that at least the shadow of Peter passing by might fall on some of them. 16 Also a multitude gathered from the surrounding cities to Jerusalem, bringing sick people and those who were tormented by unclean spirits, and they were all healed.”

Surah 2:87 And verily We (God) gave unto Moses the Scripture and We caused a train of messengers to follow after him, and We gave unto Jesus, son of Mary, clear proofs (of Allah's sovereignty), and We (God) supported him with the Holy spirit. Is it ever so, that, when there cometh unto you a messenger (from Allah) with that which ye yourselves desire not, ye grow arrogant, and some ye disbelieve and some ye slay?

• Veteran Member

To continue in Surah 61: But when he (Jesus Christ) came to them with Clear Signs, they said, "this is evident sorcery!"

The Pharisees rejected the message of Jesus that came with the accompanying signs. --- But of one leading Pharisee, it says this in John 3:1 There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2 This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, “Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him.”

--- Nicodemus became a believer and assisted another Pharisee, Joseph of Arimathea in the burial of Jesus after the crucifixion in John 19:38  After this, Joseph of Arimathea, being a disciple of Jesus, but secretly, for fear of the Jews, asked Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus; and Pilate gave him permission. So he came and took the body of Jesus. 39 And Nicodemus, who at first came to Jesus by night, also came. --- 40 Then they took the body of Jesus, and bound it in strips of linen with the spices, as the custom of the Jews is to bury. 

--- But the Pharisees who called for Jesus’ death, rejected His ministry and disbelieved the signs, even suggesting they were magic or sorcery. In so doing they committed the unpardonable sin. The following verse expresses the same sentiment in the Quran by unbelievers.

5:110 When Allah saith: O Jesus, son of Mary! Remember My favour unto thee and unto thy mother; how I strengthened thee with the holy Spirit, so that thou spakest unto mankind in the cradle as in maturity; and how I taught thee the Scripture and Wisdom and the Torah and the Gospel; and how thou didst shape of clay as it were the likeness of a bird by My permission, and didst blow upon it and it was a bird by My permission, and thou didst heal him who was born blind and the leper by My permission; and how thou didst raise the dead by My permission; and how I restrained the Children of Israel from (harming) thee when thou camest unto them with clear proofs, and those of them who disbelieved exclaimed: This is naught else than mere magic

• Veteran Member

To continue with Surah 61:7 Who doth greater wrong than one who invents falsehood against Allah, even as he is being invited to Islam (the surrender to God) And Allah guides not those who do wrong.

I understand that, ‘Al Islam’ means ‘the surrender,’ or ‘submission,’ --- and Muslim means, ‘a surrendered one,’ one who has submitted to the will of God. --- The name Christian means, ‘Christ’s ones’ or ‘followers of Christ,’ who are submitted to the will of God.

--- This is a confirmation of the Christian faith that is supported by the Holy Spirit, which God gave as a guide and Helper for those who surrender their lives to Him. --- And the Quran says:

Surah 16: 101. And when We (God) put a revelation in place of (another) revelation, - and Allah knoweth best what He revealeth - they (the critics) say: Lo! thou art but inventing. Most of them know not.

--- When God reveals a new ‘revelation’ or ‘word of knowledge’ by the Holy Spirit through a believer, the critics reject it, not knowing or understanding that this is how God reveals His truth. --- They reject that this is how God guided Muhammad as a prophet, so God instructs Muhammad to answer them, with this response:

102. Say: The holy Spirit hath delivered it from thy Lord with truth, that it may confirm (the faith of) those who believe, and as guidance and good tidings for those who have surrendered (to Him).

--- Is this not the instruction: --- that Muslims (surrendered ones) should be guided by the Holy Spirit even as Christians are?

Notice the same message here for believers as in Surah 5:46 We sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the Law that had come before him: We sent him the Gospel: therein was guidance and light, and confirmation of the Law that had come before him: a guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah.

Surah 16:102 The holy Spirit hath delivered it from thy Lord with truth, that it may confirm (the faith of) those who believe, and as guidance and good tidings for those who have surrendered (to Him).

• Veteran Member

Hi 313_Waiter,

While it might seem that I have taken over your topic, I am answering your questions, “Why does the Quran say to judge by the Torah and the Injeel?”

Surah 61 has agreed with Surah 5:43-47 about confirming the teaching of both Moses in 61:5, and Jesus in 61:6.

Then the Quran continues with a rebuke to the critics or idolaters, who want to discredit those who would come to Islam, in 61:

7 Who doth greater wrong than one [the critic] who invents falsehood against Allah, even as he is being invited to Islam [the surrender to God] And Allah guides not those who do wrong.

8. Their [the critic’s] intention is to extinguish Allah’s Light (by blowing) with their mouths [filling the air with falsehoods against the truth of God’s ‘guidance and Light’]: But Allah will complete (the revelation of) His Light, even though the Unbelievers may detest (it).

9. It is He Who has sent His Messenger with Guidance and the Religion of Truth, that he may proclaim it over all religion, even though the Pagans may detest (it).

--- Here again it emphasizes God’s ‘guidance and Light,’ even capitalizing ‘Light’ to identify as the word of God, given by the guidance of His Holy Spirit through believers.

Notice again the terms used to identify the three religions:

Surah 5:44  It was We [God] who revealed the law (to Moses): therein was ‘guidance and light.’ 

Surah 5:46 And in their footsteps We [God] sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the Law that had come before him: We sent him the Gospel: therein was ‘guidance and light,’ and confirmation of the Law that had come before him: a guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah.

And Surah 61:9 It is He [God] Who has sent His Messenger [Muhammad] with Guidance and the Religion of Truth, that he may proclaim it over all [pagan] religion.

--- We could add the first line of Surah 5:48 To thee (Muhammad) We [God] sent the Scripture in truth, confirming the scripture that came before it, and guarding it in safety.

In view of all these Scriptures from the Quran, I don’t see three religions, but just One Religion, with three people groups separated only by time.

--- I added some words in square [ ] brackets.

So what are your thoughts on the one basic 'Religion of Truth and Light' for all?

• Veteran Member

To continue with Surah 61:

Yusuf Ali: 10  O ye who believe! Shall I lead you to a ‘bargain’ that will save you from a grievous Penalty?

Pickthall: 10 O ye who believe! Shall I show you a ‘commerce’ that will save you from a painful doom ?

Khalifa: 10 O you who believe, let Me inform you of a ‘trade’ that will save you from painful retribution.

--- They use the words ‘bargain’, ‘commerce’, and ‘trade’ which means more than just a simple action, but ‘a way of life.’ --- First believing in God, then giving their all to Him, --- and it continues in verse 11:

Yusuf Ali: 11 That ye believe in Allah and His Messenger, and that ye strive (your utmost) in the Cause of Allah, with your property and your persons: That will be best for you, if ye but knew!

Pickthall: 11 Ye should believe in Allah and His messenger, and should strive for the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is better for you, if ye did but know.

Khalifa: 11 Believe in GOD and His messenger and strive in the cause of GOD with your money and your lives. This is the best deal for you, if you only knew.

--- [This speaks of the lifestyle of ‘surrender unto God’ of oneself and their wealth as an ‘exchange’ with God for His eternal life. --- This is the best ‘agreement’ anyone could make.]

Yusuf Ali 12 He will forgive you your sins, and admit you to Gardens beneath which Rivers flow, and to beautiful mansions in Gardens of Eternity: that is indeed the Supreme Achievement.

Pickthall: 12 He will forgive you your sins and bring you into Gardens underneath which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Gardens of Eden. That is the supreme triumph.

Khalifa: 12 In return, He forgives your sins, and admits you into gardens with flowing streams, with beautiful mansions in the gardens of Eden. This is the greatest triumph.

Yusuf Ali 13 And another (favour will He bestow,) which ye do love, - help from Allah and a speedy victory. So give the Glad Tidings to the Believers.

Pickthall: 13 And (He will give you) another (blessing) which ye love: help from Allah and present victory. Give good tidings (O Muhammad) to believers.

Khalifa: 13 Additionally, you get something you truly love: support from GOD and guaranteed victory. Give good news to the believers.

This fulfills the last line in Surah 5:48 The goal of you all is to Allah. it is He that will show you the truth of the matters in which ye dispute

This shows the true way of life for believers, does it not, to receive the ultimate triumph?

• Veteran Member

Is Surah 61:11-13 not the way of salvation for believers, --- to yield themselves as servants of God? ---And God in turn will bless them in this life as well as for eternity.

And it does not just say it here, but also in Surah 9:19 Do ye make the giving of drink to pilgrims, or the maintenance of the Sacred Mosque, equal to (the pious service of) those who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and strive with might and main in the cause of Allah. --- They are not comparable in the sight of Allah, and Allah guides not those who do wrong.

20. Those who believe, and suffer exile and strive with might and main, in Allah’s cause, with their goods and their persons, have the highest rank in the sight of Allah. They are the people who will achieve (salvation).

21. Their Lord doth give them glad tidings of a Mercy from Himself, of His good pleasure, and of gardens for them, wherein are delights that endure:

22. They will dwell therein for ever. Verily in Allah’s presence is a reward, the greatest (of all).

• Veteran Member

To conclude Surah 61, it returns to the theme of ‘the Ranks,’ when Muhammad took a pledge from his followers to stand together. --- And it makes this comparison in 61:

14 O ye who believe! Be ye helpers of Allah. As said Jesus the son of Mary to the Disciples, "Who will be my helpers to (the work of) Allah." Said the disciples, "We are Allah’s helpers!" then a portion of the Children of Israel believed, and a portion disbelieved: --- But We gave power to those who believed, against their enemies, and they became the ones that prevailed.

--- Though Jesus and the disciples had great opposition from the Pharisees and Jewish leaders, even as Muhammad had great opposition from the Quraysh and the pagans, in both cases they ‘stood together’ as in ‘Ranks,’ and God gave them victory.

This was written before in Surah 3:52 When Jesus found Unbelief on their part He said: "Who will be My helpers to (the work of) Allah." Said the disciples: "We are Allah’s helpers: We believe in Allah, and do thou bear witness that we are Muslims [surrendered ones].

Being ‘surrendered ones’ unto God does not in itself give us the ‘power against our enemies,’ but it is the receiving of the Holy Spirit into our lives, that gives us power and guidance from within.

As God gave this verse to Muhammad to answer the critics in Surah 16:102 Say: The holy Spirit hath delivered it from thy Lord with truth, that it may confirm (the faith of) those who believe, and as guidance and good tidings for those who have surrendered (to Him).

• Veteran Member

Hi 313_Waiter,

I guess this concludes the answer to your question, “Why are the Torah and Injeel considered as important Scriptures in the Quran?”

Surah 61 reveals that the Quran again confirms the former Scriptures, and that there were no new revelations given through Muhammad that were ‘not already given’ through Moses and Jesus, were there?

To believe in truth and righteousness is basic to faith, is it not? --- And we have the reminders that we, as believers, are to stand as in ‘Ranks’ to maintain our witness before others.

--- Since there are no comments, supporting or opposing, --- and no questions, I guess everyone is settled in their own mind where they stand in relationship with God.

The important teaching is that we need the guidance of God’s Holy Spirit to know God’s will in our lives.

102 “The holy Spirit hath delivered it [the revelation] from thy Lord with truth, that it may confirm (the faith of) those who believe, and as guidance and good tidings for those who have surrendered (to Him).”

• Advanced Member

"But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.
When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment:
about sin, because people do not believe in me;
about righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer;
and about judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.
I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear.
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.
He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you.
All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”

(John 16:7-15)

There is no way this can be interpreted as the holy spirit, Pneuma Kodesh (in the Christian view), this is talking about something else. The Holy Spirit is with Jesus and Mary and Elizabeth already, as we'll see. Plus back in John 14:16 he refers to it as "another paraclete" not just "a paraclete" - henceforth meaning that Jesus himself was a paraclete. 

Definitely sounds like a Prophet, as Jesus speaks the same of himself.

"For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken. I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say.
(John 12:49-50)

So with that out of the way, the concept of "the spirit of truth" is clearly not referring to the "Holy spirit" which is a separate concept, the spirit of truth is also, as quoted, identified as a person.

The biggest debunking of the mainstream Christian view of the Paraclete just being the Holy Spirit, is that the Holy Spirit is not something new, it is something that is already present even before Jesus (the Holy Spirit was with John The Baptist before Jesus was baptized).

As the following passage says:

But the angel said to him: “Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to call him John.
He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth,
for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born.
He will bring back many of the people of Israel to the Lord their God."

(Luke 1:13-16)

"When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit."
(Luke 1:41)

So we have an instant "no this is nonsense" at the Christian claim about the paraclete, as the Holy Spirit is not something for Jesus to send when it was doing it's thing before Jesus' birth and was with John The Baptist too.

So as already quoted:

"But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.
When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment"

That becomes gibberish in the mainstream Christian interpretation. Christians do love their gibberish though.

"This is indeed [a Book] sent down by the Lord of all the worlds, brought down by the Trustworthy Spirit upon your heart (so that you may be one of the warners), in a clear Arabic language. It is indeed [foretold] in the scriptures of the ancients. Is it not a sign for them that the learned of the Children of Israel recognize it? Had We sent it down upon some non-Arab and had he recited it to them, they would not have believed in it. This is how We let it pass through the hearts of the guilty.." (Surah 26:192-200)

Edited by al-Muttaqin
  • Advanced Member

Nonetheless, the Christian texts are only a particular or specific, selection of unreliable texts out of a much wider, vaster literature of 1st-3rd century "Christian" texts. There were over 50 "Gospels" written in the earliest years. There is nothing divine about the selection used for the NT canon, it's just the bias of the early pre-Catholic church. 

The Christian texts are not revelations and therefore must be taken like one would take anything else, whether historical or religious. Fundamentally they are theological texts written to justify the practices of these emerging 2nd century communities. 

• Veteran Member

Hi al-Muttaqin,

The Scriptures you quoted in your first post above are accurate, and these Scriptures are approved of God as being true in Surah 3:2 Allah! There is no God save Him, the Alive, the Eternal.

3 He hath revealed unto thee (Muhammad) the Scripture with truth, confirming that which was (revealed) before it, even as He revealed the Torah and the Gospel. 4 Aforetime, for a guidance to mankind; and hath revealed the Criterion (of right and wrong). Lo! those who disbelieve the revelations of Allah, theirs will be a heavy doom. Allah is Mighty, Able to Requite (the wrong).

When I started reading the Quran with an introduction of the calling of Muhammad as a Prophet, I was pleased to find that God confirmed His former Scriptures, and says, “Lo! those who disbelieve the revelations of Allah, theirs will be a heavy doom.”

--- This also proves that the Scriptures in the New Testament were ‘chosen’ from the many gospels and sermons that were available, which were not chosen. --- If this was not of God’s choosing, then He couldn’t have said here in verse 3 “He hath revealed unto thee (Muhammad) the Scripture with truth, confirming that which was (revealed) before it, even as He revealed the Torah and the Gospel.”

Do you not believe this since it is written in the Quran?

• Veteran Member

--- The theme of 'the Book' continues in Surah 3:7 He (God) it is Who has sent down to thee the Book: In it are verses basic or fundamental (of established meaning); they are the foundation of the Book: --- others are allegorical. But those in whose hearts is perversity follow the part thereof that is allegorical, seeking discord, and searching for its hidden meanings, --- but no one knows its hidden meanings except God. And those who are firmly grounded in knowledge say: "We believe in the Book; the whole of it is from our Lord:" and none will grasp the Message except men of understanding.

--- This says that ‘those of understanding,’ accept the whole Book, which includes the former Scriptures.’

The ‘fundamental writings of established meanings,’ are as it says in other places, ‘That God gave Moses the criterion of right and wrong.’ And it mentions that in Surah 3 above, “He revealed the Torah and the Gospel. 4 Aforetime, for a guidance to mankind; and hath revealed the Criterion (of right and wrong).” --- This refers to the Moral Teaching of the Ten Commandments which applies to all mankind.

--- The Gospel of Matthew chapters 5-7, updated the Ten Commandments to make them ‘heart attitudes’ to those who are guided by the Holy Spirit.

--- If we use the positives, it reads this way in 3:7 He (God) it is Who has sent down to thee the Book: In it are verses basic or fundamental (of established meaning); they are the foundation of the Book: --- but no one knows its hidden meanings except God. And those who are firmly grounded in knowledge say: "We believe in the Book; the whole of it is from our Lord:" and none will grasp the Message except men of understanding.

--- When God gives a new revelation, ‘men of understanding’ are those who receive it, as it says in Surah 16:102 “The holy Spirit hath delivered it (the new revelation) from thy Lord with truth, that it may confirm (the faith of) those who believe, and as guidance and good tidings for those who have surrendered (to Him).”

• Veteran Member

Hi al-Muttaqin,

Quote from your post: "But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.
When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment:
about sin, because people do not believe in me;
about righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer;
and about judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.

I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear.
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.
He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you.
All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”
(John 16:7-15)
There is no way this can be interpreted as the holy spirit, Pneuma Kodesh (in the Christian view), this is talking about something else. The Holy Spirit is with Jesus and Mary and Elizabeth already, as we'll see. Plus back in John 14:16 he refers to it as "another paraclete" not just "a paraclete" - henceforth meaning that Jesus himself was a paraclete. 

Definitely sounds like a Prophet, as Jesus speaks the same of himself.

the concept of "the spirit of truth" is clearly not referring to the "Holy spirit" which is a separate concept, the spirit of truth is also, as quoted, identified as a person.
The biggest debunking of the mainstream Christian view of the Paraclete just being the Holy Spirit, is that the Holy Spirit is not something new, it is something that is already present even before Jesus (the Holy Spirit was with John The Baptist before Jesus was baptized).

In response to your various comments: --- I will begin with your last statement, that “the Holy Spirit is not something new, it is something that is already present even before Jesus.”

The Holy Spirit is mentioned in Genesis 1:2 “And the Spirit of God moved over the face of the waters” --- and began life in the sea.

The Holy Spirit of God is the Spirit of Life. --- In the creation of Adam it says in Genesis 2:7 “And the Lord God formed man from the dust of the earth and ‘breathed into his nostrils the breath of Life’ and man became a living soul.” --- The Holy Spirit is the Power of God to give Life, or to give new Life in a believer.

However, when Adam and Eve sinned, the Holy Spirit could not remain in their unholy bodies, so they were put out of Paradise and had to be reduced to flesh and blood bodies like the animals had.

This is why we have to be ‘born again’ by the Holy Spirit, before we can enter heaven.