Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

When Imam Mahdi(as) comes will everyone start converting to Shia Islam?

Rate this topic

Obviously only god the most high knows what will happen, but your statement made me think a little bit.

1) I don't think so. Why would they? There were many prophets. There was a final prophet. There were 11 imams before imam Mahdi. And still, many people, if not most, chose to not follow them. Why should it be different this time.

2) Imam Mahdi and his message will be able to convince a whole range of people to commit to justice. Whether they will pursue that path as a nominal Shia or as a nominal Christian/Jew/Atheist/Zoroastrian/etc. will be another question. As an kindly meant word of advice to you my brother in Islam, look at religion not as a fanmembership of a football club. What matters not if someone says they are Shia, but whether they act according to the best of values. It will enable you to find commonalities with your brothers in humanity easier, rather than highlighting the differences. If I misread your sentiment in your post please forgive me.

Salam, 

Sren

• Advanced Member
23 minutes ago, guest 2025 said:

I heard people will leave in droves before he comes, and after he comes well the whole world will be Muslim. And I think it's said that people will join in droves before he comes but I can't remember exactly...

I found what you're saying as well when doing some research. But I did read something else that answered the question, will there be wars and battles after the reappearance. The answer was the Imam will go to each government and try to establish an allegiance but this won't be through them becoming Muslims, it said they will stay with whatever faith they believe in but commit to justice so that's where peace will come from. Don't know which one is more reliable.

• Veteran Member

When Imam Mahdi (عليه السلام) returns then the help of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will be with him.  People will accept the truth, groups by groups.

إِذَا جَاءَ نَصْرُ اللَّهِ وَالْفَتْحُ {1}

[Shakir 110:1] When there comes the help of Allah and the victory,

وَرَأَيْتَ النَّاسَ يَدْخُلُونَ فِي دِينِ اللَّهِ أَفْوَاجًا {2}

[Shakir 110:2] And you see men entering the religion of Allah in companies,

فَسَبِّحْ بِحَمْدِ رَبِّكَ وَاسْتَغْفِرْهُ ۚ إِنَّهُ كَانَ تَوَّابًا {3}

[Shakir 110:3] Then celebrate the praise of your Lord, and ask His forgiveness; surely He is oft-returni