Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

A possible idea for generating free charity by ShiaChat members

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salamu 3alaykum 

There is something called the Amazon Affiliates Program, where you can direct people to a product via a link and get a commission for this service (but only if they buy something). And even if they click the link and decide to buy something else, you'd still get a cut! For more information: https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/

So why don't we set up a permanent fundraising charity hosted by ShiaChat? We buy things from Amazon anyway, why not do a good deed at the same time at no extra cost? This is not an original idea so I think it can be done: https://www.churchadminplugin.com/resources/raise-funds-for-your-church-with-amazon-associates/

Edited by guest 2025
  • Moderators
On 10/15/2020 at 6:37 PM, guest 2025 said:

So why don't we set up a permanent fundraising charity hosted by ShiaChat? We buy things from Amazon anyway, why not do a good deed at the same time at no extra cost?

One question. How did you find out @Alihas not paid us since March? 

• Site Administrators

Uhhhh... the, um, cheque is on the way but like COVID delays and stuff.

I personally would encourage everyone to jump on https://blog.al-islam.org/general/support-al-islam-amazon-smile/.  Alhamdullilah SC doesn't need the funding, we simply don't have many useful programs (unfortunately).  But they do.

• Advanced Member
16 hours ago, Ali said:

Alhamdullilah SC doesn't need the funding, we simply don't have many useful programs (unfortunately).  But they do.

Then what if the funds were directed to a charity instead?

• Forum Administrators
14 hours ago, guest 2025 said:

Then what if the funds were directed to a charity instead?

@Ali He mentioned the charity that I support, too. (al-islam.org)

Click on the link at the site below:

https://blog.al-islam.org/general/support-al-islam-amazon-smile/

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

He mentioned the charity that I support, too. (al-islam.org)

Click on the link at the site below:

https://blog.al-islam.org/general/support-al-islam-amazon-smile/

Why not hit them with a double whammy? 0.5% from the smile program + 1-10% from the affiliate program. If you guys are too busy then I don't mind taking on the bulk of the responsibility. I think it would be fruitful, even if it's unsuccessful and we only make 2 cents, it would be worth it.

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, Ali said:

Sure go for it.  What do you need from me?

Sweet! I'll work on this when I get a day off. All I'd need is for the thread hosting the link to be pinned for visibility. Even if this bombs, Allah will recognize our intention and reward us

Edit: And if anyone has experience with this program, please shoot me a pm so that I may refer to you for advice

Edited by guest 2025
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Apologies for taking so long to get around to this, I am now freed up and will work on this iA.

I actually found somebody who is willing to help with the technical things and manage everything. He will soon make a ShiaChat account dedicated solely to this project and I know him in real life so this isn't a stranger I found on the internet. Either way, this will be done with complete transparency so there is no room for fraud in the worst case scenario. You will regularly see exactly how much money was raised and be able to see exactly where it was spent. And if you have any demands please share them. 

• Basic Members
2 hours ago, Laayla said:

@ShiaChat_Amazon_Program

Assalam Alikum 

I see you actively online now.

What type of fundraising will take place here?

Will you be sending us to ziyarah?

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN ALLAH 

Wa3alaikum al salam!

Thanks for showing interest, we will make a thread to host a special link that directs you to Amazon. If somebody clicks on that link and buys something, anything, within 24 hours, then we will get a 1-10% cut. We will donate not 70, not 80, not 90, not 99%, we will donate 100 of the funds to a charity. And we will prove it to you every time by showing how much money was raised on that month, how much we have access to, and proof of donation. And we will select the charity by having the users vote in a poll.